Why is American construction so pathetic compared to Europe?

Why is American construction so pathetic compared to Europe?

What went wrong?

Attached: 555551231.png (1600x600, 1.53M)

I kinda prefer the house without the commie block apartments nearby.

We already had the mines to be able to get the stones needed to build them.
The US in the beginning didn't really have it to that extent as we did so their stone houses weren't as plentiful as they are here.
Also wood is cheaper and construction costs for homes in the US is far far less than here.
Here a normal house of 1800sqft that's being built new would cost about 200 to 300k for the construction alone.

Implying most German houses are still being build in that style and not just pre fab pieces put together on the building site. American traditional building beats modern European modern 99/100. The question should be why are classic building styles better than modern, and you know that damned well cheap troll.

Pic related. Why can't Americans into aesthetics?

Attached: 55124213113.png (1290x445, 940K)

I'd rather live in the clean, modern America house.

A rush to build a country (few hundred years vs a thousand_+ of European development) + easy access to timber which made it more economically advantageous to build cheap, accepting the possibility of destruction and having to build it cheap again. we have the lumber to make the costs negligible; europe does not.

If by clean you mean cancerous chemicals OSB, cardboard walls, constantly breaking plastic pipes, molding, rotting, humid, poorly designed for heat so conditioning is required, then yes, it is indeed "clean".

Also, don't forget the fact that they only last 50 years on purpose to keep you in perpetual debt via mortgages to (((yours truly))).

Attached: Rotten-OSB.jpg (528x394, 220K)

Not an excuse.

Nords made their homes out of wood yet they shit on any American construction

Attached: 41232131.jpg (800x600, 106K)

>hm.. how can we make this look better?
>I KNOW! LETS PUT SPIKEY SHIT ALL OVER IT!
Since you dropped out of high school, I'll tell you why the white house looks .. plain. That's how the founders wanted it. Plain is not intimidating .. and that's exactly what they wanted.

>dome of Milano, Italy
>German Architecture
Kek.

>taking pride in your work is bad
And I bet you think this is good design?

Why can't my fellow Amerisharts into aesthetics?

Attached: modern architecture.jpg (803x602, 88K)

Not every Nordic house looks like that you tard.
Also the architectural nice ones are only nice because people spend so much money on it, usually that was done through the church since they had a very powerful role in society and had the most money as well.
The other nice buildings were only built by the aristocrats and historical elite usually funded by taxes

>criticising Gothic architecture to praise neo-classical architecture without knowing a thing about either
Just stop posting.

Attached: 213af36734fbf23c496d35efcd3987c0b1c013a490be1fec20cadbaa8480a95e.jpg (728x635, 54K)

>Hurr durr, the White House was meant to be a statement on architecture of the time.
>If you don't make shit look as ugly and fucking stupid as possible, you can't have pride in it.
You're just as retarded as the OP in the other thread saying Benjamin Franklin invented electricity. You're him, aren't you?

>Not every Nordic house looks like that you tard.

I know retard. It's a church if you couldn't tell.

Nonetheless, any Nordic house would completely shit on any McMansion Amerimutts have

Attached: 4124121.png (721x422, 447K)

>You're just as retarded as the OP in the other thread saying Benjamin Franklin invented electricity. You're him, aren't you?

What are you on about?

Just look at this fine architecture. So simple, so plain. That's how the founders wanted it. Plain is not intimidating .. and that's exactly what they wanted.

How can goth architecture even compare?

Attached: 161341833684fadcedcc2h.jpg (700x466, 104K)

that's because our government ruins any sort of building project by introducing thousands of rules and regulations of which nothing is actually valuable
same goes for most of things
food and cigs and medicine should all be incredibly cheap, but the gov doesn't want it to be that way

I know I don't agree with the government's policies either.
Especially for housing permits and now with the nitrogen problem that they've created they're not helping anyone in the housing market other than house owners.
My grandparents had their house built on a plot of land they bought 30 years ago and they had a government official come.over because the wooden fence might have been 4cm too much on the sidewalk despite all of their neighbours having it there as well.

Fuck local governments man

The shitty house on the left isn't german. It's southerner scum! We in the north built our traditional houses like pic related.

Attached: deutschland-typisches-haus-tor-zaun-deutschland-schleswig-holstein-sylt-keitum-typisches-haus-tor-za (1300x956, 303K)

And while we're on it. Why is American "food" fucking everywhere? It's just copy-paste garbage franchises town after town. No local businesses anywhere.

Attached: 55142112.jpg (960x641, 118K)

>this scares the southern german subhuman

Attached: 5452452.jpg (960x640, 226K)

Attached: Haus-D35_6177-als-Smart-Objekt-1.jpg (800x570, 247K)

Looks climate-controlled, like it could last for hundreds of years, and not made of cancerous substances unlike American construction

The one on the left is gaudy as fuck
>YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE SPIRES...

Burgers please enlighten me,

On "property hunters" I get to see the criteria Americans have for their house. What totally baffles me is that you guys demand to have 3+ bathrooms in your house. It doesn't even matter who many lives there. Single people demand three toilets. Why??

>hating your own kind
>loving shitskins

Flag checks out.

Northern and southern germans always hated each other.

Sounds like you live in a shithole. Move somewhere nice like Charleston

>like it could last for hundreds of years
They do

It's simple. Europeans are white. Americans are mutt indians. Your homes are also not built by KB Home, Lennar, Toll Brothers, and other ridiculous corporations like that.

Well, the style is germanic.

>What went wrong?
Nothing you retard.

Attached: trumptower.jpg (962x1443, 309K)

Just LMAO if you can't understand how completely soulless this looks.

You literally could not get any more unaesthetic without just removing all the glass windows used to spy on people.

Just look at how well the cardboard houses stand after a tornado.

Attached: 1457580272423.jpg (980x552, 279K)

>German education
>American education

>removing all the glass windows
Behold the Long Lines Building in NYC!

Attached: AT&T_Long_Lines_building.jpg (532x800, 90K)

burger bro with 100 year old home.

burgerland has all different types of construction. What the europoors dont mention or know is how much money old brick homes cost to maintain.

Common things you will find in these old homes is, mortar work, plaster walls ceilings, bad/old insulation, bad/old electrical, bad/old plumbing, and more.

With a lot of work and shit tons of money these old homes will last another 100 years. The list never ends though.

Attached: roof.jpg (4160x2340, 2.49M)

Behold the prison tower!

Attached: 44100088-8441-4CC5-91CA-8ECE80D02C1F.jpg (800x600, 211K)

And if you had a McHome from hundreds of years ago you’d have to tear it down and rebuild.

Also, the issues with old brick homes are simply an issue of refitting for the modern era

when they are well maintained they are reaaally comfy

Excuse me?

Attached: Disney-World-2017-Magic-Kingdom-1-600x800.jpg (600x800, 90K)

You can find those in each major city in eastern Germany.

>fake version of Neuschwanstein

Attached: csm_Schloss_Neuschwanstein_im_Herbst_-_Front_3_604b45f29f.jpg (1280x838, 177K)

Saupreuß

dios mio

Attached: imbred.png (438x453, 219K)

yes this is true, refitting to modern standards will cost almost as much as the house itself though. I think most people do not realize this.

Attached: oven.jpg (4160x2340, 1.68M)

Well to be honest Neuschwanstein is nothing but a LARP. But it does generate a lot of tourism income.

The best part about it is it's made out of the same plastic cancer shitfest that everything else is made of.

"Cinderella Castle took approximately 18 months to build and was completed in July, 1971. The castle is made of concrete, steel, cement, plaster, and fiberglass. No bricks were used in the construction. The inner castle is structural steel covered with fiberglass."

>Neuschwanstein is nothing but a LARP
>LARP

Do you know what that word means Ahmed?

Ludwig II. was literally called fairytale king. He build these castles so he can live in his medival fantasy world.

Really US architecture, and pretty much all other aspects of the country's taste, turned bad in the 60s and 70s. It was fine before. There's some obsession with fake stuff that's supposed to be better but is actually worse. Same with food (nonfat yogurt, margarine, shit-tier eggs).

Yep, see my other post, Americans want fake food too. IDK, maybe they're (we're?) just such fatasses that quantity is all that matters.

Dude I'd move to Europe if the laws weren't so retarded there.

1 dedicated to the master bedroom
1 or 2 for the other rooms to share
1 or 1/2 for guests

What bothers me about most of the famous European castles is that they're fake. Castles were made obsolete by cannons, so everything 1500AD+ is an imitation.

>posting JIDF D&C memes from 2017
Hi /leftypol/ how’s it going?

Legit comfy tho my whole country is commie blocks with only multi millionaires being able to buy real houses

>Well, the style is germanic.
it literally isn't tho

faggot shit nigger mods
move this garbage to /diy/ they would actually love it.

Attached: 1566353613865.png (709x1085, 271K)

you're part of the problem

Suck my balls I'm gonna reply anyway

Get a job.

that germ house looks some diseased skin

The facades of German houses in Southern regions are all plastered. Fact.

Slammed plaster is genuinely an artform in places like Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Oberndorf, etc. The "wooden beams" must show and everything else must be "white".

This thing is genuinely an Ancient thing there.
USA didn't even exist when these guys were at it. True story.

northern germany is full of old brick houses from the medieval times almost every city here in ne north and almost every house too and you try to tell us that oh no house so expensive altough the fucking 2 second floor is made out of wood pathetic fucking burgerfaggot

Attached: stade736_v-contentxl.jpg (1067x600, 205K)

This is kinda true.
The oldest foundations for houses in Northern Germany are from year 200 or so.

It is BULLSHIT! The worst parts are the attics. For some stupid reason, attics arent required to be floored. They are only required to floor the attic with a small path to the AC and water heater. Everything else is bare drywall not designed to hold any weight. So the floor is basically a deathtrap and contractors regularly have to balance on the wood 2*4s (which are really 1.75*3.75") and if you lose your balance, now the hole in the cieling is your fault and you might die if its over a 2 story cieling.

desu not much will stand in the way of a tornado, unless its a tank or bunker