How come the biggest military power in the world couldn't beat a couple of malnourished rice farmers?

How come the biggest military power in the world couldn't beat a couple of malnourished rice farmers?

Attached: tunnel_systems.jpg (1790x2150, 827K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFvcuuS5eUI
youtube.com/watch?v=Hpr1HYZDzHY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Indochina_War#Japanese_volunteers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you assume we wanted to win?

now this is mutt cope

Attached: 1545152120138.jpg (442x519, 21K)

No lie living in an underground gook compound sounds pretty /comfy/

>Strategy
>Canadian
Let me explain as I would to a child. The USA loves occupation and regional destabilization... specifically the CIA-loves-that-shit. Lets not forget about LAOS (CIA war next door). This has, up till recently, been the template for US force distribution (while also doing trade route protection).

So leaf, the banks fund all this bullshit and profit the longer all this shit goes on and the corporations the under write have one less market they have to worry about competing with.

>falling for US propaganda

wowee. hunny this is too much

wow did you miss the day they taught vietnam hoax war 101. fuck off shitstain

....oh another dimwit with zero understanding of the War. oh! its a fucking leaf. imagine everyones shock. go make some sink mac loser

>loses to Vietnam
>cries about Canada
literally incapable of not coping for more than a single post. you burgers really are fucking pathetic lmao

The fuck

Had no idea the tunnels were that complicated

America had no national will to be engaged in the Vietnamese conflict, it was pandered as a war against communism and it obviously wasn't.
Just cause we lost it doesn't mean its bad that we did, its actually good that we lost it, I'd hate to have won a war no one wanted to be fighting anyways.

All the audios clips that have leaked up LBJ and Nixon was a pretty good indication

Oh, well, asymmetrical warfare expert I see.

Attached: 1564502007534.jpg (800x522, 72K)

They didn't really want to win. They had to tools to win but we're more concerned with HOW they won.

We killed a shit load of them. We only lost like 50,000 Plus. It would of been how Iraq and Afghanistan is today, but people had more ball back then to end a dumb useless war.

And how many times did USA burn down Canada's capitol?

Rules of engagement. We had the technology but not the heart

4th generation warfare by William S lind.

YouTube that if u wanna see how warfare is changing

if the Brits weren't there to help them they would have stayed in their gay little cabins like the fags they are.

>Capitol of Canada
You mean London?

Anyone can win the bullshit that is the ambush games. Also People tend to forget the kill count of the Vietnamese and the Americans. If the US would have stayed, they would easily win but the war was gay so is OP

>lost a war
>y-yeah b-but it was a strategic loss you leaf you don't even know what you're talking about
my fucking sides

seething

Attached: 1565477717758.jpg (700x432, 161K)

You didn't do that one leaf

Attached: 1565919877923.png (1100x300, 513K)

>Accuses CIA of being Assholes
>Leaf strawmans argument

Attached: Canada_at it.jpg (517x650, 67K)

Why do anons memes this? Canada wasn't even country in 1812, and the Brits where the ones supplying, funding and coordinating the whole war.

It was a war of waiting.
Simply—
>the VC could suffer for what seemed like forever, they did not care and they did not mind
>terrain was a bitch and a half
>little to no strategic value (fuckin Japan is right there)
>war started to guarantee re-election, war presidents always get re-elected
>Tonkin bay crisis was proved to be a false flag
>the Citizens of the US had footage of actual war happenings and obviously did not like that
>they protested and got our officials to leave
Could we have “won”?
Yes absolutely.
Would it have made sense to keep fighting?
No not at all.
Was it right to leave when we did?
No, the south fell to communism and over 80,000 were genocided in a few weeks
—history is a bitch
t. professor of military history

Vietnam was a mistake. we should have never gone there.

It's too bad we Australian's cant lol about America losing in Vietnam.

Attached: iu[1].png (320x660, 150K)

you are capable of not seething, right? give it a try you fucking war losers lmao

Attached: 1547101663450.jpg (873x1024, 153K)

Bruh have you ever smelled a Vietnamese person? If you have then imagine living in a damp dirty hole with no showers and that is filled with Vietnamese people for months on end. It is not a road you want to go down man.

They’re really cool you can find preserved and remade ones in Vietnams and get tours in them.

Only one side were fighting for their country.

You helped us in Vietnam if it makes you feel any better

>Seething
>repeadditers favorite word
Is that what you think I'm doing?

Attached: 1564728736962.png (493x388, 211K)

Why do chinese cartoons always have blonde hair, blue eyed chinks?

When was the last time anybody ever said man Canada is so great I want to move there never go starve to death in your igloo you fucking snow nigger

You have to keep in mind that the Tet Offensive was, militarily, a total victory for the U.S. The VC and NVA lost every engagement, and frankly the war was over at that point. The only problem was that (((American media))) spun it as a loss for the U.S., and the American people lost their willingness to continue fighting. Hence the withdrawal.

Only once, April 27th 1813. Then the British burned ours in retaliation on August 24th 1814.

>Challange a country to glorious combat
>they hide in the dirt
Sounds like a war to me...

My friend's grandfather used to tell a story about how when he was with his squad they were super quiet and careful. Then they would hear Americans coming and basically hit the deck and hide until they passed because the Americans would have their radio blaring and basically walk around grabbing their dicks and making stupid amounts of noise so they would always wait until they left before carrying on rather than interact with them.

haha all the american cope in this thread is glorious

I'll take that as an evident "no".

Attached: 1552331007512.jpg (456x486, 47K)

Absolutely never

We wanted to win. They had to win.

The US doesnt want to win every war. Shortly after 9/11/01 we had essentially beat the Taliban in about 3 weeks. They got crushed, however we avoided delivering the final blow to them because they control the country and if we did finish them off completely then we own that country and have to govern it, be financially responsible for it, nurse it like a baby. We could, for example, restart that war today and insurgency 250K troops in tomorrow and indiscriminately shoot fuckers until the Taliban is all gone (would take about 2-4 weeks) or we could just bomb the shit out of it until no one is left surviving (would take about 15 minutes), but it isnt in our interest to completely own the country.

>The US doesnt want to win every war
then why is this thread so full of mutthurt? stop coping retard you lost get over it.

Attached: image.jpg (4918x2918, 3.17M)

>Explains to the canadian
>Canadian goes apeshit and never ever addresses anything and goes straight to signposting reddit tier trite
Keep it coming leaf--I like it when you retards dance for me.

>Expect one line insult from cut paste list
>Expect trite meme
>Expect no mention of asymmetrical warfare or CIA

Attached: file.png (365x550, 356K)

>this post
>not seething
pick one

Admittedly I dont know much about Vietnam, it was before my life time, but I do know that the US prefers to control countries via despots and not outright own the whole country which is why we go for regime change other than total annihilation.

The US promised the American red Cross that the military wouldn't blow up the levies which would have flooded out the Viet cong, but also would have killed a lot of civilians. The war would have been over in a week otherwise. We were also there to just serve American corporate intrests because of the sugar cane fields in Indonesia.

So much for white superiority huh?

It was an unwinnable war. The goal was to reunite south and north Vietnam. The NVA and Vietminh proved that they were prepared to fight down to every last man, woman, and child, thus it was a foregone conclusion that the US would not succeed because even if they burnt the entire country, they still would have failed in their original goal.

The war was about achieving an objective, not just the massacre of the enemy, and that objective would never be achieved. Vietnamese would sacrifice their lives if only to kill more Americans and you cannot win against a people that values your death more than their lives; especially when you're supposedly trying to help them be freed from "oppressive communism"

Also Vietnamese are the most based asians.

So in other words, you're kikes who can't fight

>Trite
Shouldn't you be back in school?
Keep dancing for me monkey.
>expecting more reddit tier

>>>(you)

Basically. The US government and military makes decisions based off of zionist profitability; not sound tactics. That's how you end up in Afghanistan for 18 years, fucking around and doing nothing but enriching the jewish corporations.

Shouldn't you be losing a war? There's really nothing you can say that doesn't come across as impotent sobbing, your lashing out is entertaining though so please continue your shart fit

I wouldn't say that, I mean we arent looking to have a world empire like some kind of commonwealth of america. We just want our bases nearby and various leaders in our pocket. We control the leader, the leader controls the people. It's easier for us that way.

>only normandy invasion force that didn't meet its objectives
>despite having the smallest beach with the least defenses
>y...yo...yuh...you're kikes that can't fight!

Attached: 1567868079246.jpg (480x488, 33K)

Attached: 1507424488457.jpg (678x960, 103K)

No shit. Why do you think we didnt get involved. No net benefit to canada and cleaning up degaulles mess from old french colonial management is ugly business.

>War
>Canada knowing anything
We had a trade war with you leafs. You lost hard.
>Post in store prices

The only one coping is you leaf--that's why I'm laughing at you. Keep dancing asymmetrical war expert.

>when a screenshot of an explanation of Viet Cong tunnel construction looks like a game of SimAnt
Time to make SimViet a reality. I will win all the monies.

Nixon didn't want to pull a Truman and win instantaneously by doing to them what Truman did to you.

But they lost just one burger for every 18.5 dead rice farmers.

In the end they where more of the losers then we were. They lost over million people and had their farming destroyed. It took them years too recover. We lost 58,000 and wasted lot of money.

>lost vietnam
>still seething

>thread is about Vietnam
>burger starts crying about Canadian grocery memes
you know how silly this makes you look right?

Attached: 1538720617865.jpg (458x444, 68K)

>cope
>bu...bu...but...
Fucking leafs

(OP asks why)
>Leaf Spams EVERY response that has a semblance of understanding.

I'm not sure who you think looks silly leaf--I'll give you a hint: it's you.

>hides flag
>waaaaah canada waaaaaah
>not cope
lmao

>leafs and mutts fighting
S-stop were supposed to be friends
:(

This.

congrats--you derailed the thread with your utter retardation.

You do realize making all that noise was the point. US ground troops function was to make a lot of noise and act as bait till the VC stared to shoo at them. Then they would call in air support to shoot the VC.
Without the troops acting as human rat traps the VC would stay hidden.
Now don't get me wrong i am not saying it was a good strategy just that it was the strategy. The whole war was run by RAND and well they had this great idea that you can treat war like economics. To defeat the enemy they figured you just had to bankrupt the enemy in other words you just had to kill his units at a rate higher then replacement till he ran out of people to fight.
Each person would have a quota, like a factory, so each person had to kill x amount of people per day. Kill more and you can get promotions. Naturally this led to a body blown to four pieces counting as four kills for four different people and all types of fudging of numbers.
It is the perfect example of how modernity does not understand war. All their technique and they failed to understand man and conflict.

Attached: 1553748759938.jpg (464x464, 38K)

>amerimutt is crying about Canada because he lost a war to Vietnam 40 years ago
Do you always devour bait threads or just when they're really obvious?

Your inability to not seethe about my flag does not constitute stupidity on my part. You lost the war get over it retard

Attached: 1539336886383.jpg (1800x1200, 301K)

>Obvious b8
>Vietnam is an example of how the CIA gets involved in wars

It's very relevant retard. Especially today. This is when the poison really started to take hold and you can trace the corruption of the CIA back to that era.

that doesn't explain why you're so upset tho

Attached: 1540881245608.jpg (600x763, 61K)

>wojak on bicycle generator duty again

>muh...muh
>muh meemflogg
>cries

Should have been napalming the universities instead of rice farmers if we wanted to defeat communism.

Attached: IMG_20190909_113814.jpg (1391x2048, 449K)

Here it is watch this interview The Perfect War: Technowar in VIETNAM
youtube.com/watch?v=lFvcuuS5eUI
youtube.com/watch?v=Hpr1HYZDzHY
It is the author who covered what I discussed in the post above. He provides the technological context to understand Vietnam and all future US conflict.

Attached: 1528027374340.png (1200x1670, 520K)

>hides flag
>cries about flags
>reeeeee stop calling me memeflag no fair leaf waaaaah waaaaaah waaaaaaaaah
lmao

Attached: TREADED.jpg (700x394, 112K)

>Seem
I'm farming this thread for people that understand asymmetric warfare and what was going on in laos. This helps connect the dots of what the CIA is doing today and what happens when we stop them--or how they stopped them the last time.

I'm just using you to bump the thread and blocking spammers from actual posters.

Attached: seething.jpg (1024x683, 247K)

>muh strategic loss
>I'm only in this thread to find other people who like to cope too
>It's so we can defeat the CIA I swear
>not butthurt
It's okay to admit that you're mad

Attached: 1566063428595.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Why would we want to win? You never answered my question leaf.

>jokes on you I wanted to lose
Americans, everyone.

>Still doesn't answer

>please answer my retarded question that doesn't make any sense
what kind of a retard enters a war specifically to lose? Oh yeah, an American.

Attached: 1544102311007.jpg (699x583, 25K)

Politics dragged them back home when we were on the verge of victory.

>losing a war to hippies
that's even worse than gooks. why are you coping so hard?

>Still doesn't answer my question

>literally incapable of not coping for more than a single post. you burgers really are fucking pathetic lmao

You put more effort into the insult than reading anything I said

>18 posts by ID
Accuses someone ELSE of coping
>Kek

wow that leaf seems very determined.

"why would we plan on winning a war we started" is not a valid question. Stop being so retarded.

>17 posts by this ID
>lost a war
>Y-YEAH B-BUT U POST MOAR THAN ME!!!111
>not coping
wew lad. lrn2 greentext newfag

Attached: 1565457696285.png (686x798, 33K)

Because we didn’t race villages, kill slant eyes on sight, and settle the land with White Americans.

You asked.

What are they literal bug men?
War is fake. You are falling for a psyop.

Attached: Thats exactly how a cgi object looks when you put it halfway in another object.jpg (382x398, 44K)

Fun fact, the Vietnamese were employing the same tactics that they learned from their Japanese sempais who taught them guerilla warfare from their experience in Iwo Jima and Peleliu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Indochina_War#Japanese_volunteers