Bing-chan

bing-chan...

Attached: DrXZIqIUcAI0CCS.jpg (1200x889, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

somesite.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: myramforgoogle.png (599x431, 11K)

die

Attached: D44qqmOW4AAi8n0.jpg (1200x880, 124K)

stop saying dots to your posts like that it's cringe and creepy

yonkers...

Attached: DT6DZ5XoAAmZ7I.jpg (1199x890, 92K)

It's called and an ellipses, sweetheart.

Attached: whj50t4y2oe31.jpg (640x800, 52K)

duckduckgo-kun

i'll never leave bing-chan as long as she keeps gifting me amazon gift cards

i will destroy you and your wife.

lmao imagine unironically using windows or any microsoft pruducts
based

>(((duckduckgo)))

wait thats not the one

Attached: 1504724676268.jpg (1700x7700, 1.88M)

i started using bing instead of g**gle

convincing, i see ixquick has dark theme which is very good

none of this is contradictory
>suggesting other privacy search engines is somehow bad
>using nginx is bad
it's literally a web server, whoever made this image is pants on head retarded
>implying affiliate links need to pass on any identifiable information
>collecting information FROM AMAZON is somehow tracking the end user (??????)
the only potentially legitimate point here is the guy's past venture being a data collection scheme, everything else is the kind of shit you'd see from someone who knows nothing about technology making shit up

they say that a) they dont collect personal information and that b) your search history is safe with them because it cant be tied to you
which is contradictory
then theres the bottom 3 pics where they clearly do know a lot about you despite saying otherwise
im not going to explain the entire infograph

every site on the internet knows your user agent. your browser voluntarily presents it to the site when making an http request.
anything you connect to knows your ip address because it needs to know your ip address to actually make a connection. if it didn't know your ip address, it wouldn't know where to actually send the data. this is like one of the most fundamental parts of how the internet works.
as far as geolocation, that's usually an approximation based on where your ip is located. it's usually pretty inaccurate, it's going on the known location of one of your internet service provider's endpoint nodes, which if you're lucky is close by.
if you're on a cell phone it might request the coarse or fine location permission (which you have to approve). coarse uses triangulation based on what three cell towers (from any service provider, not just the one you actually use) are closest to you, which usually gets your location reasonably accurate (incidentally in the us this is the only location data ems has access to, they can't use your gps when you call 911, it's a major problem). fine uses gps, which is accurate to within about 100 feet usually.

as far as the first statement, it sounds like they store search terms without a unique identifier. that makes "we don't collect personal information" a bit sketchy. if you consider search terms personal information, then they are collecting it, just without a unique identifier. however, there are other ways to actually track this, like the three pieces of data at the end. if you have someone's user agent, ip, and general location, you can usually uniquely identify them. and since this information is made available to just about anything you connect to, there's no guarantee that they're not tracking you other than their word.

so i'd say be skeptical. but the infographic on its own doesn't really prove anything. you're never going to be guaranteed of safety unless you run your own webcrawler and search engine.

Bing was ruined by their greed on exculusivity and anti privacy
>searches the domain instead of redirecting it to spy on you
it is actually worse than google abusing duck.com

Attached: 1561481637697m.jpg (353x1024, 80K)

what?

as far as actually making microsoft money, it's doing pretty well
they've tied it in to search on windows desktop, which means a lot of people use it even if they aren't aware of it
there are also still a lot of retards with msn.com set as their home because they use or used internet explorer and then whatever browser they moved to imported their home page setting. msn.com uses bing search
it's also tied into cortana on any device that uses cortana.
while the original development and advertising was likely expensive for them, and bing rewards probably costs them something to maintain, it's probably pretty cheap for them to maintain now that it's running.
so while very few people intentionally use bing, microsoft has shoved it into enough things that a lot of people unintentionally use it. and that makes them money.

In all honesty Bing is a good search engine. It's better than Google by far when it comes to things like news and in my opinion images

they don't redirect you to site without full domain including https if your default engine is bing.
for example
>type somesite.com in domain bar while your default search provider being bing
>it searches on 'bing' instead displaying the site you want to visit
>what you should have typed in was somesite.com/
how inconvenient is that

yeah they won't losing money with that 'reward' as most of bing users are unintentional. As redeeming reward means redeeming person is using it intentionally

it is almost same with google in terms of searching when you assuming google has no search history of yours

Attached: 14DC3CBE-806C-4308-9E43-6894F5AB8AB5.jpg (720x1482, 115K)