Putting an upside down question mark in front of a sentence when writing Spanish is not a meme

>Putting an upside down question mark in front of a sentence when writing Spanish is not a meme

Attached: 1475639133078.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

are you black

¿are you black? *

Makes perfect sense, else, ¿how would you be able to tell where the question begins?

I actually think it's really helpful. It lets you know the tone of the sentence when reading it without having to check the end.

eres un negro= you're black

¿eres un negro?= are you black?

It helps to know what kind if sentence you are about to read, questions have a different entonation than regular sentences

Attached: entonacion.png (266x131, 3K)

It’s very helpful

It looks weird but it's certainly useful. The French quotation marks are pretty neat as well.

I was just surprised that you do this unironically
No

i don't think it's helpful in any way and i don't care for it

xq de zeguro ezkrives haci

Americans do it too

Attached: 654456456.png (640x176, 102K)

¿why are spanish speakers so retarded?

Attached: 1514948558386.png (765x772, 1.16M)

¡Dios mio!
El país Falso........

The Spanish language doesn't have a grammatical different way of writing questions, in comparison to English for example.

You can help me. = Puedes ayudarme.

Can you help me? = ¿Puedes ayudarme?

See, the only way to know it's a question in its written form is this way. When you say it out loud you know it's a question due to the intonation. Unless you unironically have autism.

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 49K)

>Jorge Gutiérrez
Yes, he is obviously American

not always tho
José is sick= José está enfermo
Is José sick?= ¿Está José enfermo?

Puede usted ayudarme
Puedes tu ayudarme

it's obvious they're questions

Technically, Spanish is supposed to use those as well but nobody uses them on a day to day basis. They are still used in some publications and formal papers, specially in Spain.

>Jorge Gutierrez
Hmmm

>The French quotation marks

Attached: quotation marks.png (2048x1289, 582K)

I didn't know what else to call them. I figured people would understand.

denmarg whad the fug ;DDD

Not entirely. We do have indicators for interrogative pronouns, by putting an accent on them (qué, quién, cómo, por qué, cuándo, etc.). But cases like in your example can arise as well.

Wtf, I didn't know everyone else does it wrong.

Why so knowledgeable.

la oscuridad de gofres...

Okay does anyone actually remember this shit? I never bothered and now I regret it

>Putting a space before the question/exclamation mark is normal in France ? !

What the fuck. I thought everyone used our system.
I love you Sweden

English has shit like that too
>Leafs are faggots
>Leafs are faggots?

« He is not quoting properly »

Fun fact: In German novels, you will usually find guillemets too, but they're inverted, so instead of
>«...»
you get
>»...«

That's because you are an ignorant imbecile. We already knew that.

>It helps to know what kind if sentence you are about to read, questions have a different entonation than regular sentences

Your explanation is useless. Why would you need to question marks for that when only one would be enough?

One helps you know the entonation you're about to read, the other let's you know the entonation you've already read. It's not that hard

Did you see the second graph? It starts up, then goes down, then up again, as opposed to English where you go up only at the end

>It starts up

Because that's how you pronounce manana in general, the first question mark has literally no bearing on it.

So you understand the context of a sentence while reading it, you dumbfuck. You don't read statements the same way you read questions.

Oh look, the tardmutt failed to follow the conversation. What a surprise.

The question was what difference adding two question marks makes when only one question mark would do.

Mutts are retarded.