Post a word in your language with no direct English translation, then explain what it means

Post a word in your language with no direct English translation, then explain what it means.

Attached: Average French People.png (870x443, 577K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CeC2MhI5ekU
youtu.be/ERYY8GJ-i0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Saudade
The feeling of missing someone/something

Half of all russian swearing words.

Gezellig
lekker
hé hé
And all the dutch sayings. pic related

Attached: walking fire.jpg (574x574, 42K)

literally 100s of words words for snow and other various weather
>inb4 inuit
im not
pipon-winter
kôna-snow
mispon-snowing
waskitatenikwan-crust snow
yoskâkonakâw-soft snow
etc

but it literally translates to “missing”

kononol - kun on ollut - when he/she/it has been (here/there/around etc)

kukme - ketkä me(istä) - who/which one of us

It's a little more complex than that. Missing translates to "sentindo falta (de algo) ", saudade isn't used as a verb

Like saudade cidade, right?

I have no idea what you meant by this

Ok. I'm just trying to learn.

Oh, I see. In that case the correct phrase would be "saudade da cidade". It os missing the article but everything is right

Lagom

Bascially 'satisfying moderate amount' is the best universal explanation.

Thanks. I've been listening to Daniela Mercury and trying to figure out some of the lyrics. It's a hobby.

>foutre
to do/to put in a mess/to throw/to mock/to not care
depends how you use it
also means sperm as a noun

- Estrenar
To use something for the first time

>肖る(あやかる, ayakaru)

To accomplish one's purpose by using others' skill.

Abim baba nigu sloubé

>Bifle

I let you search it on google

ざ~と数えて500人 はいっ!
極悪男児が5人でも~ はいっ!
天皇陛下万歳と~ はいっ!
突っ込む姿の潔さ~ はいっ!

暴走族の征伐に はいっ!
いざ出陣の命を受け はいっ!
自身の生命 顧みず はいっ!
散りゆく男の恋桜 はいっ!

I can't^^w
youtube.com/watch?v=CeC2MhI5ekU

Sobremesa: after-dinner conversation

oh you

I never tried to know what it meant, but I knew it was something like it.

youtu.be/ERYY8GJ-i0I

Also means to cum.

wiyanihew
>gut/skin and cut up someone
wiyanihew môswa
>he skins and guts a moose

Caмocтpoй/samostroy - illegally constructed extensions of an appartment

Attached: 1.jpg (800x627, 126K)

>Η ΔΙΑΤΡΟΦΗ ΤΩΝ ΑΡΧΑΙΩΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΩΝ

>Ο Αθηναίος, ο συγγραφέας των Δειπνοσοφιστών, που έζησε τον 3ο μ.Χ. αιώνα, περιγράφει ένα δείπνο που έδωσε ο εύπορος Κάρανος επ' ευkαιρία των γάμων του.

>Στην αρχή, λέει, προσφέρθηkε σε kάθε συνδαιτημόνα από ένα ασημένιο ποτήρι kαι ένα χρυσό διάδημα. Μετά, άρχισαν να έρχονται οι ασημένιοι kαι χάλkινοι δίσkοι με τα εδέσματα: Κοτόπουλα, πάπιες kαι χήνες ψητές, kατσιkάkια, λαγοί, περιστέρια, τρυγόνια kαι πέρδιkες.

>Αkολούθησε ένα διάλειμμα για να παίξουν οι μουσιkοί kαι οι αυλητρίδες. Δεύτερο μέρος με ψητό γουρουνόπουλο ξαπλωμένο ανάσkελα πάνω σε ασημένιο δίσkο. Την kοιλιά του την είχαν γεμίσει με ψητές τσίχλες kαι συkοφάγους, στρείδια kαι χτένια σkεπασμένα με kρόkους αβγών....

It's an essay (modern Greek) about an ancient dinner party and shit. I just need a better translation than google. Sorry for the Jow Forums in the thread.

Attached: gr-athens-fotw.gif (324x216, 8K)

gay thread

Are you retarded or what?
Tu es gay

Lol that's such a Japanese thing to do too. It's like the classic way for a mild-mannered, traditionalist middle manager to get steadily promoted while being incompetent.

In America those managers do the same thing but are boisterous about it when they steal other peoples' work, bragging and flailing about it as their own, such that the other person would look like a troublemaker if they challenge them in public.

I can't decide which is more infuriating though, because with a Japanese manager you cannot eventually get the satisfaction of calling them out to your own detriment, either in public or in private, as they never leave obvious proof, they never admit their wrongdoing, and they never seem to have a bone of conscience or regret in their body, (There is one way to call them out: get promoted ahead of them, then make their life hell.)

>妖 行去另一邊含撚啦臭閪

very nice word! It makes me comfy somehow :)

kys chinks