Brits like to make fun of america because their prisons are filled with "non violent drug offenders"

>brits like to make fun of america because their prisons are filled with "non violent drug offenders"
>british prisons are filled with people who didn't pay for their tv license

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-30 18-14-58.png (1024x486, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence#Television_licences_around_the_world
youtube.com/watch?v=g-Fn4BiHekk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and?

>Huruuru durrrrrr deh tv loicense nanny state!!!!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_licence#Television_licences_around_the_world

Attached: 1515709628534.png (812x760, 68K)

Fucking hell, how much does it cost to enforce all that? Just make it a fucking tax and be done with it.

people get fines for it I'd imagine, they don't go to prison
the real problem with this is that these petty and irrelevant offences clog up the justice systems of developed countries, leading to protracted court cases that last years

exactly
perhaps they consider it a show of force, a presence 'on the street', because god knows there are hardly any police to be seen walking around

they introduced 'police community support officers' about 11/12 years ago, who literally have no authority to enforce any laws whatsoever
it only took about a month for the entire country to cotton on to this, rendering the entire exercise pointless

they can issue on the spot fines for antisocial behaviour, vandalism, etc and are useful for when some business or organisation is being a scaredy-cunt and demands a police present at an event

which is like 40% of all callouts, so its not a bad initiative imo

It's even more expensive in Germany and here you have to pay the license whether you own a tv or not.

Attached: db39fe16-a66d-4969-864b-af2a7ac4b02b.jpg (960x882, 59K)

Attached: 6AFB4262-99C4-475F-A18F-AD36F69BA3B0.jpg (1691x1154, 1.21M)

>issue fines for anti-social behaviour
What the fuck does that consititute?

embarrassingly obvious fake
apply yourself, retard

pissing in the street, getting your tits out in public, fighting in the middle of a road whilst pissed, putting dog shit through someones letterbox, etc, plus a few other things that should be covered by normal laws but are instead dealt with under this embarrassingly-titled branch that sounds awfully orwellian

Hmm. That is all reasonable to issue a fine for, but here we call it ‘public indecency’ or ‘disturbing the peace’ or whatever. ‘Anti-social behaviour’ just sounds retarded and, like you say, Orwellian

stuff like sitting in the park drinking and yelling threats at people as they walk past, kicking over bins, playing loud music on a boombox in public, etc

generic lowlife russia-tier runt behaviours

Why don't they just make it a tax if they want everyone to pay it?

Is this is? IS this the best you braindead Jow Forumsniggers can come up with?
We're one of a dozen or so countries that have this system, but you single us out? A tiny fee that you don't even have to pay?
Pathetic. Try harder.

Attached: 1200px-Europe_-_TV_financing.svg.png (1200x959, 190K)

You are a moslem nation

Sick one.
How long until dog is part of Canadian national cuisine?

Chinese are better tha muhammadeens

Hello Zhang.

Attached: slanty-eyed-chimp.jpg (490x276, 57K)

Racists image. Always knew Arab scum were racists against us. Because you know whe are better than you

Nowhere is the word prison mentioned.

How many of those countries pull shit like this?

Attached: TV_License.jpg (600x450, 32K)

Shouldn't the government be encouraging people to pirate films, then? It'd give them an excuse to monitor them.

t.long bang zhang

See, I'd rather have a tax only applied to TVs cause I don't have one. No reason to these days.

Not enforced here, the tv license guy is easily ignored if he even goes anywhere (usually only goes to posh estates)

>No reason to these days
holy shit how out of touch can one neckbeard be

Why?

Same here.

>>british prisons are filled with people who didn't pay for their tv license
You'll only end up in prison if you defy the court judgement.

True my dad was in prison for 20 years because of a TV license

Was he a screw? lmao

ad populum fallacy

thats public indecency here, antisocial behavior is spending all your time on a vietnamese webcomic site

the tv license is more emblematic of government overreach

>ad populum fallacy

Attached: 1514738654811.png (645x614, 39K)

>Britons never will be slaves

Attached: uk1.png (888x745, 223K)

I don't get why they don't just directly tax them for it, usage or not.

It's not for the government to collect the fee.

>dude

>Brits literally pay for their own government propaganda

Just sink that sad, soggy place. No wonder my dad left.

>niggers
oh dear off to the tower with you

Brits say dude now. They're americanized af

Isn't the TV tax basically the UK's culture tax which it uses to fund cultural programming to not become completely Americanized?

no

Nothing in this post ever happened.
Even if the police had been sent round (which would never happen, as Capita has nothing to do with the police) they can't enter your house without a warrant.

It is by no means out of the question that some collector hired by a private company doesn't fully understand their rightful jurisdiction.

Police can and do attend the serving of warrant, lad.

As if they could even get such a warrant. This doesn't fucking happen.

Wow well if that's it then I'd say we're doing pretty well.
Seriously - Government overreach. Pathetic.

Never said they could get a warrant. I said they can attend the serving of a warrant. Learn to fucking read.

>what is PBS

Then why are you bringing up irrelevant nonsense? Dumb cunt.

God you brits are retarded

How is that fucking anti-social behavior

God you Americans are retarded.

How is shoving shit through someone's letterbox not anti-social behaviour.

This was your remark
>Even if the police had been sent round (which would never happen, as Capita has nothing to do with the police)
You're wrong, you fucking brainlet.

>This was your remark
Nope, and what you replied to there guy still relies on Capita being able to get a warrant for said search, which obviously wouldn't happen.
The fact that police go out with warrant issue is entirely fucking irrelevant.

Yes, it was. And here is you being proven wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=g-Fn4BiHekk

The only thing more embarrassing than the fucking state of this country is the pathetic way runts like you constantly lie trying to downplay the shit we put up with to save face on Jow Forums. Fucking idiot.

What the fuck is a letterbox? We speak English here

Attached: letterbox.jpg (1600x1067, 131K)

kek I was trolling because I thought that a letterbox was a mail box, but apparently I actually didn't know what a letterbox was.

We call those mail slots here.

A box is a container. That's no box.

Some have a box on the other side of the door.

Check mate.

Hmm, touche

You wouldn't download a terrorist

Eating shit is not excusable because a bunch of other people are eating shit, retard

>generic lowlife russia-tier runt behaviours
is that what the united kingdom has been reduced to, russia tier thugs
It's a shame what you guys've turned into

Attached: Brits.jpg (1000x1278, 345K)

First of all, you're replying to two different people. Second, a video isn't proof of anything, you're simply taking the uploader's word for it that the full story is on camera. Lastly, it doesn't relate in any way to the claim in that original Ribbit post, where the unnamed "guy" attempted to break and enter and then threatened to box him. Ridiculous scenario and if you believe it I have a bridge to sell you.

who gives a shit? there's literally no good reason to own a tv in 2018 anyway

The police are literally there in the fucking video, you cretinous shitbag.

ours is the most retarded,even more so than the bong one. it comes with the electricity bill together with the public tv station bill, and some other taxes. you dont get to have electricity here if you dont pay for a retarded tv station that politicians just use to give jobs to their friends.

>BBC still exists
>CBC still exists

Attached: 1519539513946.jpg (351x351, 22K)

you can watch TV on them