How do people of your country refute this?

How do people of your country refute this?

Attached: epicuro.jpg (700x600, 82K)

>caring about whether or not god exists
2012 called, they want their frontpage of reddit back

WTF is this? the greeks didn't even believe in all powerful gods. Why would Epicuro give his opinion on such a clearly medieval debate?

Not a theist, but "to test us" is kind of a strawman. According to Irenaean theodicy, evil doesn't exist to test us, it exists as a necessary part of the chain of circumstances that tempers the soul and leads it to heaven.

OOH. It was done by a christian and given the name of epicuro. Who's the retard who put the face and dates of Epicuro beside it?

>implying "faith" can be proven or disproven
go look up faith in a dictionary retard

also, pic related

Attached: MarcusAurelius-Meditations[1].jpg (870x575, 128K)

>reddit redditus
fuck off mutt

>reddit
lolwut? projecting much?

or is its ausposting time already?

Attached: 51B7EclqLBL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (313x499, 35K)

Evangelitards will say some nonsense that doesn't refute it but allows them to think they're right. Usually "god doesn't allow evil, Satan does" or "it's because of free will".

An informed catholic will probably go with Augustine of Hippo and say that evil lacks substance.

Please point out which meditation is that quote taken from. Because I have that book and don't recall reading something like it.

As far as OP's image goes, I assert that God's lack of ability to create a universe with free-will but no evil does not imply he is not all powerful.
When we say God is all powerful we mean that he is all powerful in a way that is bound by logic.
For example, is it possible that an all powerful being can make the logical statement "True and True" equate to false? No. No thing has that power. To say that a being could do that would be to change the meaning of the operator "and". So when we say God is all powerful we at least limit his power to the laws of logic.

Likewise, I assert that the ability of humans to do evil is a necessity of having free will. If God created a universe where it is not possible for someone to be evil, then God is restricting that persons ability to truly act freely.

Why does God seem to value free will so much that he allows evil to exist (as a byproduct)? I don't aim to answer that question. But if we assume that we do have free will, the answer to the problem of evil is -in my mind- that free will cannot exist without the ability to do evil. Or perform any act that is within our physical and logical ability.

tl;dr Gods omnipotence is bound by logic, but is still all powerful. To say he can give people free will and eliminate evil is a logical impossibility.

gowd works in mysterious ways

*farts in your face*

God let this happen.

they dont

>world is created not by demiurge

Attached: index.jpg (223x226, 10K)

*SMACKS LIPS*
HOL UP
*DOES A DRIVE BY*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*EATS MONKEY SOUP*
WE WUZ
*GETS KILLED IN A SUPERMARKET SHOOTOUT*
EUROPEANS?

>then why didn't he?
He DID create a perfect world, we just ruined it

>it exists as a necessary part of the chain of circumstances that tempers the soul and leads it to heaven.

If that's true, why send people to hell due to arbitrary events that are just a chain of circumstances then?

because bad people exist and the chain of circumstances they choose cause harm to others

If he is all knowing then he knew we would ruin it so why did he include us in it?

ever see someone about to do something really fucking stupid in public and you almost felt like telling them beforehand but didn't? that's what it is like

It's more like watching a movie that you yourself wrote, directed, acted in, edited and reviewed, then being shocked at the ending.

Oh also you wrote and played the instrumental scores for the sound track as well.

but muh Job

Most christians would argue evil doesn't actually exist so the argument of epicurus would be dismissed

I think most people would agree there are objective evils in the world.

God is beyond the knowledge of mortal logic /thread