How many languages do you know, user? are you studying one right now...

how many languages do you know, user? are you studying one right now? studying languages is one of the funnest past times i know of personally. i'm trying to git gud at latin right now, but its very difficult.

Attached: 3758493298475534.png (742x1042, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-CkX08f8OY
youtube.com/channel/UCc1lGoEVffJmXTrtd6GCn_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know Russian.

I just can't read it and find it hard to speak it.

Attached: 51de026a83451ae95f3ef33a29f08f4e.jpg (763x1109, 272K)

discord thread

I know Turkish, English, German and learning Japanman because weeb and djt exists

Attached: 1549563361477.jpg (655x527, 59K)

between work sleep and lurking bant i really have no time

you know some russian? did you learn it at school? kalashni knows russian too. interesting coincidence.

woah you know a lot of languages. thats pretty impressive. especially turkish and german which i have no experience with.
俺もちょっと日本語話せるさ。どれくらい勉強していた?

understandable. i've realised that i've been blessed with a lot of free time on my hands so i try to use it wisely.

Attached: 3094853049.jpg (500x576, 74K)

I was trying to learn Norwegian for a time but my Uni doesn't offer any courses on it and I was too lazy to seek out resources on my own.
So here I am, a louzy monolingual. Not like I need to know another language though, I know english!

English. Though I can transliterate Cyrillic somewhat well.

My grandma thought me Russian when I was a kid.

I can watch a full movie in Russian and translate it perfectly but talking it is hard. The words are in my memory closed off.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x385, 337K)

一昨年からはじめました! アノンーさんが
どれくらい勉強していた?

I can get by in French and I picked up enough Japanese while living in Japan to travel around, get directions and order in restaurants.

>I know Russian.
p9к shitter, this music for you youtube.com/watch?v=9-CkX08f8OY
Cъeбaл c бaнтa

hebrew arabic french english russian farsi
more than youll learn in a lifetime
american education

Suck my left nut. Super sus is the best Russian youtuber.

youtube.com/channel/UCc1lGoEVffJmXTrtd6GCn_A

Attached: IMG_20190919_201343.jpg (378x530, 88K)

woah thats super fucking cool! do you have norwegian ancestory by any chance? i know a lot of norwegian immigrated from norway to the united states when norway was poor and basically merely one stop above pure ooga booga.

thats pretty cool. what made you want to learn the cyrillic script? the alphabet itself is about the only thing i remember from my middle school russian classes that i barely passed.

thats still pretty fucking cool not gonna lie. do you have russian ancestory?

i know you don't have much time with college now, but are you planning on improving your russian ability in the future maybe?

今年で5年になる!!

ahh yes, you live in a part of canada with a lot of french speakers, right? wow a lot of us seem to know some japanese. how long did you live there?

sami, swedish, norwegian, english, japanese, latin. you weren't very correct there it seems hehe.

Attached: 549594345.png (640x423, 596K)

what kind of latin, chink

長年ですよね?!

are you being serious?

Attached: 9459045.gif (458x260, 688K)

vulgar? classical? old? new? surely a great esoteric mind like yourself would know to distinguish between these

そうかもね。そんなに長く感じないけどさ

classical latin of course, like literally everyone else. vulgar is a meme.

Attached: 8954894545.jpg (600x817, 36K)

I've lived in 7 provinces; picked up most of my french while living in Québec. I was in Japan 14 months, teaching ESL.

why, would you care to translate "religious indecency at alarming rates"? fellow? intelligent fellow?

すげえ! 日本語できる!私もそんなことになりたい

>''''he''''' disappeared
ohoho
ohohoohohohohohoh

damn you're really well traveled. i've only really lived in one place my whole life. ahh you were an english teacher, nice. i'd for sure love to live in japan for a while and train with the kyokushin dudes, but as a neet i don't have enough money quite yet.

whats that?

頑張れ!!絶対諦めないでな!

Attached: 4985845453.jpg (500x707, 52K)

a sentence, which i ask for your latin-knowledgeable majesty to translate

oh i thought you wanted me to translate an entire document

religionis obscenitas per terribiles celeritates

Attached: 658949648.png (438x480, 822K)

welp seems like i beat yiffrael once again. good thread everyone! thanks for coming!

Attached: 84589458945.png (580x580, 440K)

*thanks for cooming!

"rates" != speed and alarming != terrible
noob

lol the noob be mad

HAHAHAHHA i love yiffrael so much dude. too funny

Attached: 8935895389345.png (1302x176, 53K)

the m*ds deleted it, noob

>do you have norwegian ancestory by chance
Yes, unlike most mutts and even some Europeans I’m actually a straight 50/50 split between Norwegian and English.
A lot of Scandinavians did actually move to the US though a majority of them became farmers whereas Germans, Italians, and I believe Irishmen became industrial workers

slovenian, english, french.
im okay at german and serb too

Attached: 20e370ff38fc00c1a901db2e0c4e155a8304e849.jpg (510x765, 100K)

do you live in the midwest? minnesota or wisconsin maybe?

come home nordic fren

impressive impressive! did you grown up with french, german and serbian or did you decide to learn those later in life?

Attached: 85748743587345.jpg (600x1050, 75K)

>french
a third language was mandatory in my high school. I had a choice between german and french. though i regreted that decision in the future, i ended up picking french because it sounded more interesting
>serb
slovene and serb are a fair bit similar as is, and most people here speak it. I went to croatia for a few weeks basically every year until i was 18.
>german
same reason as for serb.

what do you use to learn latin?

Attached: ad6da804ee55cf483f5e8410081b383e5637ceed.jpg (1500x2200, 519K)

i dunno what the method is called but i downloaded books that progressively get harder and harder, so i learn along the way. i'm a very visual learner so this is my favorite way. right now i'm slowly but surely reading st jeromes vulgate.

Attached: 80ae388bc075e2e1be9d8e2c7755f7e909334d2c_00.jpg (438x428, 20K)

It's been a fun ride so far. I've been to Mexico, USA, Dominican Republic, Japan, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. I've only been to the US twice since Trump was elected and I'd like to go there more often but border security is so tight now, the littlest thing could earn a traveler a permanent ban from entry to country.

I do live in the Northwest and, yes, I have thought of moving back to Norway or some other Scandinavian country but my home is here in the US and I’d rather be buried here on my home ground than out in diaspora.

>Northwest
Fucking kill me I meant Midwest

Im trying to learn german but its either difficult or im retarded

i only know English

wow you're probably better traveled than i'm well read. really impressive. you got a new destination planned?

i'm happy for you. i think you're really gonna like it here.

if its your first foreign tongue that you have ever studied from scratch then no you're definitely not retarded. the fact that you're putting effort into learning a new language is very wise at least.

hey at least you're fluent at being a Kewl Dood. nice to see you around again

Attached: 548989548459.jpg (960x678, 196K)

Is it easier to learn another langauge after first or is it still difficult as before

i'm also fluent in edge

Attached: tumblr_nj607b09YF1qgnz5xo1_1280-1386.jpg (640x640, 308K)

I feel as though you misread my statement Forest. I’m not moving to Norway, I’m staying here.
I’d love to move out of the country but, as I’ve stated before, my roots are here in the US and I’d much rather return to Mother Liberty’s embrace when she calls.

in my experience its much easier to learn another language after the first one because you will have learned all the linguistical terms and whatnot which will help

based

oh sorry i thought you said that you were planning on moving here, just not permanently. my bad

Attached: 589489548954.jpg (640x360, 61K)

A road trip trip to North Carolina next summer is the plan. I'd like to see Argentina in the next couple of years, so I'm going to start learning some Spanish. It sounds like Argentine Spanish is tricky, though, with a lot of Italian influence.

I went through a Russiaboo phase when I was a teenager.