Jesus Christ is real and he is LORD

Extra Canonical Evidence for Jesus:

Mark 15
>And the sixth hour having come, darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour
Matthew 27:51:
>"And the earth shook and the rocks were split"
The secular Roman historian Phlegon documented an eclipse and earthquake around the exact same time, matching the Gospel account:
>in the fourth year of the 202nd Olympiad, an eclipse of the sun happened, greater and more excellent than any that had happened before it; at the sixth hour, day turned into dark night, so that the stars were seen in the sky, and an earthquake in Bithynia toppled many buildings of the city of Nicaea
tertullian.org/fathers/jerome_chronicle_03_part2.htm

Africanus in 221 AD
>On the whole world there pressed a most fearful darkness; and the rocks were rent by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his History, calls, as appears to me without reason, an eclipse of the sun. For the Hebrews celebrate the passover on the 14th day according to the moon, and the passion of our Savior falls on the day before the passover; but an eclipse of the sun takes place only when the moon comes under the sun. And it cannot happen at any other time but in the interval between the first day of the new moon and the last of the old, that is, at their junction: how then should an eclipse be supposed to happen when the moon is almost diametrically opposite the sun
He references here Thallus who wrote his work "around 52 AD" which has been lost in time though, but is referenced by Africanus.

Also geological evidence of a heavy earthquake in/around 33 AD
icr.org/article/greatest-earthquakes-bible/

Attached: Biblical Prophecies.jpg (225x225, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abgar_V
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ante-Nicene_Fathers/Volume_VIII/Memoirs_of_Edessa_And_Other_Ancient_Syriac_Documents/Moses_of_Chorene/Chapter_8
documentacatholicaomnia.eu/03d/0037-0103,_Flavius_Josephus,_The_Antiquities_Of_The_Jews,_EN.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisees
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalek
documentacatholicaomnia.eu/03d/0037-0103,_Flavius_Josephus,_De_Bello_Judaico,_EN.pdf
youtu.be/qSrOXvoNLwg
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/214689445
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

King Abgar V had an exchange of words with Jesus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abgar_V
Historian Eusebius quotes the Edessan archives:
>Abgar, ruler of Edessa, to Jesus the good physician who has appeared in the country of Jerusalem, greeting. I have heard the reports of you and of your cures as performed by you without medicines or herbs. For it is said that you make the blind to see and the lame to walk, that you cleanse lepers and cast out impure spirits and demons, and that you heal those afflicted with lingering disease, and raise the dead. And having heard all these things concerning you, I have concluded that one of two things must be true: either you are God, and having come down from heaven you do these things, or else you, who does these things, are the son of God. I have therefore written to you to ask you if you would take the trouble to come to me and heal all the ill which I suffer. For I have heard that the Jews are murmuring against you and are plotting to injure you. But I have a very small yet noble city which is great enough for us both

Jesus:
>Blessed are you who hast believed in me without having seen me. For it is written concerning me, that they who have seen me will not believe in me, and that they who have not seen me will believe and be saved. But in regard to what you have written me, that I should come to you, it is necessary for me to fulfill all things here for which I have been sent, and after I have fulfilled them thus to be taken up again to him that sent me. But after I have been taken up I will send to you one of my disciples, that he may heal your disease and give life to you and yours.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ
>Christus, from whom the name [Note by OP: Christians] had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa

Attached: Watergate.jpg (300x168, 12K)

K but why is he obsessed with jewish foreskin?

From the Ante-Nicene Fathers, a letter from King Abgar to Tiberius Caesar
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Ante-Nicene_Fathers/Volume_VIII/Memoirs_of_Edessa_And_Other_Ancient_Syriac_Documents/Moses_of_Chorene/Chapter_8
>Abgar, king of Armenia, to my Lord Tiberius, emperor of the Romans, greeting:—
>I know that nothing is unknown to your Majesty, but, as your friend, I would make you better acquainted with the facts by writing. The Jews who dwell in the cantons of Palestine have crucified Jesus: Jesus without sin, Jesus after so many acts of kindness, so many wonders and miracles wrought for their good, even to the raising of the dead. Be assured that these are not the effects of the power of a simple mortal, but of God. During the time that they were crucifying Him, the sun was darkened, the earth was moved, shaken; Jesus Himself, three days afterwards, rose from the dead and appeared to many. Now, everywhere, His name alone, invoked by His disciples, produces the greatest miracles: what has happened to myself is the most evident proof of it. Your august Majesty knows henceforth what ought to be done in future with respect to the Jewish nation, which has committed this crime; your Majesty knows whether a command should not be published through the whole universe to worship Christ as the true God. Safety and health

actually you seem more obsessed with it than him

The answer from Tiberius
>Tiberius, emperor of the Romans, to Abgar, king of the Armenians, greeting:
>Your kind letter has been read to me, and I wish that thanks should be given to you from me. Though we had already heard several persons relate these facts, Pilate has officially informed us of the miracles of Jesus. He has certified to us that after His resurrection from the dead He was acknowledged by many to be God. Therefore I myself also wished to do what you propose; but, as it is the custom of the Romans not to admit a god merely by the command of the sovereign, but only when the admission has been discussed and examined in full senate, I proposed the affair to the senate, and they rejected it with contempt, doubtless because it had not been considered by them first. But we have commanded all those whom Jesus suits, to receive him amongst the gods. We have threatened with death any one who shall speak evil of the Christians. As to the Jewish nation which has dared to crucify Jesus, who, as I hear, far from deserving the cross and death, was worthy of honour, worthy of the adoration of men—when I am free from the war with rebellious Spain, I will examine into the matter, and will treat the Jews as they deserve

From Flavius Josephus
documentacatholicaomnia.eu/03d/0037-0103,_Flavius_Josephus,_The_Antiquities_Of_The_Jews,_EN.pdf
>3. Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ. And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians,

Jesus' Crime - INRI
At the time there was the Edomite Herod the great King over Judeah, even though the King must come from the line of David making his claim unrightful. So when he heard from the 3 Magi that they were on their way to greet the new born Messiah and king of Ioudaios (the descendents of Judah and original inhabitors of Judeah) Herod feared about his position and ordered every male child in Betlehem 2 years or under to be killed to keep his throne.
Now the Messiah, Jesus, had quarrels all the time with the local authorities, with the Pharisee which are Edomites that converted to Yahwehism but perverted the teachings like we see the modern "Jews" do today with their Talmud. This all happened when when Judeah was controlled by Rome, with Pontius Pilates as the representative, but leaving the country semi-autonomous.
So Passover came along and by law Pilates was forced to release death sentenced prisoner by public vote. They could choose between Jesus and the "notorious prisoner" Barabbas. The "People", the Pharisee, which are the modern Kikes, chose Barabass to be released over Jesus
>20But the chief priests and elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus put to death.

>22“What then should I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” Pilate asked. They all answered, “Crucify Him!”
>23“Why?” asked Pilate. “What evil has He done?” But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify Him!”
So Rome was in favor of sparing Jesus but the Pharisee wanted him dead.
Since Pilates feared another revolt to break out, of which one just ended he gave in and let them execute him.

In the end he put a plague on Jesus cross stating his crime he was sentenced for like it was custom.
>INRI
>Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum
>Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Judeans
Recognizing Jesus rightful claim of ruleship over the people, that he was right about everything and at the same time declaring Herods ruleship illegitimite

Attached: christchan.png (242x208, 13K)

Good thread, OP.

Jesus will be back soon

Last bit ain't right. Most of it is awesome. China has a record of a long night, too, that coincides with, wait, Joshua, Hezekiah? One of those.

Luke 23:12
That very day Pilate and Herod became friends with each other, for previously they had been at enmity with each other.

right after we get
>13Then Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers, and the people, 14and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined Him here in your presence and found Him not guilty of your charges against Him. 15Neither has Herod, for he sent Him back to us. As you can see, He has done nothing deserving of death. 16Therefore I will punish Him and release Him.”a
Pilates thought of him as innocent. Herod seemingly agreed (its worthy to note that this was now the son or great son of the Herod that let the infants get massacred).

The Kikes also got mad at the sentence being "King of the Jews"
>20Many of the Jews read this sign, because the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and it was written in Aramaic, Latin, and Greek. 21So the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but only that He said, ‘I am the King of the Jews.’”
But Pilate rebuked them
>22Pilate answered, “What I have written, I have written.”
So while he does seem to come to like Herod, he still declared Jesus to be innocent and rightful King of the Jews, heir of the throne of David on which Herod currently sits.

thanks user, I hope so.

Praise Jesus !!!

None of that is extra canonical evidence that Jesus rose from the dead, let alone that he was God / the son of God.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

We live in world controlled by satanists wake up the end is nigh.

Attached: article-2294292-18B4BF93000005DC-997_634x485.jpg (634x485, 72K)

Tribulations soon

Attached: 3552y4.jpg (645x476, 102K)

Yup.
From then on Pilate sought to release Him, but the Jews cried out, saying, “If you let this Man go, you are not Caesar’s friend. Whoever makes himself a king speaks against Caesar.”

Pilate asked the Truth, "What is Truth?"
The Truth stood there, revealed, and said nothing.

YES

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Attached: GettyImages_1157407913.0.jpg (1200x800, 270K)

after seeing this
I recognized this kind of writing. I believed you told me of the answer as to why the Romans were involved in murdering Jesus.
I studied so much today of Pilate. How he was blackmailed to classify Jesus as a problem, and that they gave over a prisoner due to the Jew's having passover.
Pilate was so blind to just keeping his power, and despite believing Jesus was innocent, he ignored it for his position in power.

On the Meaning behind "Love your enemies" and such:
True love means you keep the person from sinning as it leads to his own destruction which you obviously wouldnt want if you love him.
>10Our fathers disciplined us for a short time as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, so that we may share in His holiness. 11No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields a peaceful harvest of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
it does not mean you let him do whatever he wants onto you or others, but that every punishment you do put onto someone comes from a point of love and compassion.
>5And whoever welcomes a little child like this in My name welcomes Me. 6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
>would be better for him

If there is noone in the world willing to forgive and forget, we will endlessly carry on feuds and fights in form of revenge for all eternety. Its only when someone starts to forgive that this Cycle can be broken. And as Gods Chosen we are meant to go forth as a good example and make the first step. We are not meant to ignore and tolerate evil, but meant to overcome our hate, and give up what we can spare in an effort to break that cycle, but step up where its necessary even for our own disadventages.

Naruto understood this

and i never claimed to provide that. For the ressurection its enough for me that all these witnesses let themselves get tortured and murdered for testifying his ressurection when telling otherwise would have saved their lives, and that he is God is evident by the profoundness of his teachings.
However I did provide extra canonical evidence of Jesus dying in the very manner it was described, with a great darkness and the earth shaking after being persecuted "by Pilates"

Attached: Pain Hatred.jpg (564x352, 32K)

Jesus is Lord!

Hope not. Hate to get to heaven and be chastised for loving the antichrist.

Do you know for sure if you died tonight, you'd go to haven anons? If not, stick around so you can know!

Romans 10:9 kjv
>That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Believe in our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ and get saved tonight :)

Attached: 1568337392517.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

I want to go to haven!

You stupid inbred pedophile weeb that needs god to feel worth something.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Attached: 1200px-Jerusalem-2013(2)-Aerial-Temple_Mount-(south_exposure).jpg (1200x901, 558K)

Get the fuck off our board shill

The Jews themselves wrote about killing him in the Talmud.
And they also separately wrote in the Talmud about supernatural stuff happening with the Temple from 30 CE to 70 CE when it was destroyed.
They said in both the Jerusalem and Babylonian Talmud that the doors of the Temple would open on their own every night.

The devil comes as an angel of light.

Attached: TRUMPCOIN.0.jpg (1200x800, 127K)

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Attached: illuminati-symbols-pope-francis-Cardinal-Antonio-Tagle-Philippines.jpg (644x414, 26K)

>Pilate was so blind to just keeping his power, and despite believing Jesus was innocent, he ignored it for his position in power.
Im not sure if thats really accurate. Judeah was just out of an uprising, and it didnt really calm down. Now this would possibly would have caused another uprising which he would have had to justify before Cesar. Letters imply Tiberius actually liked Jesus and would have sided with him, still Pilate was formost Roman representative and needed to prioritize Rome over his personal values as such. I see what you mean, an uprising would have focused against him, if Tiberius would have been angry at it he too would have come after Pilates, so there is the case to make that he just wanted to save his ass, but it also can be seen as Pilates just putting Romes interested, a stable governship over the area before him.

checked.

Checked

kikes are not israelites nor semites but the Edomites that lived in judeah
>The Edomites first established a kingdom ("Edom") in the southern area
of modern Jordan and later migrated into southern parts of the Kingdom of Judah ("Idumea", or modern southern Israel/Negev)
Eventually they were forced to convert
>They were again subdued by John Hyrcanus (c. 125 BC), who forcibly converted them, among others, to Judaism

And around that same time the Pharisee that follow the oral law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharisees
>The Pharisees preserved the Pharisaical oral law in the form of the Talmud
like we have today the kikes follow the Tal Mud and which was repeatedly rebuked by Jesus, telling them they are children of Satan.

Now Edomites are the descendents of Essau, the brother of Jacob/Israel who decided to wage war his brother and his people.
>The Hebrew word Edom means "red", and is derived from the name of its founder Esau

Now to do this Essau joined Amalek
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalek
>According to the Bible, Amalek was the son of Eliphaz (himself the son of Esau, ancestor of the Edomites)

Which thus, together with Essau became the Edomites (plus a couple other things mixed in likely).
The Amalek are known as Israels nemesis and who fits the whites nemesis better than the kikes? The Amalek are a canaanite tribe. Canaan is the son of Ham who was one of the three sons of Noah (Abraham coming from Shem, S(h)emites). Now the Hamites are traditionally black and indeed canaans curse hints to him becoming a slave like the blacks did. Furthermore i believe the biblical first black (can go into this) was Cain, who himself was the son of Eve and the serpent. This is the line of kikes, those that say they are jews, but are liars instead. The Synagogue of Satan and they came through the Hamitic line, thus are basically white skinned niggers

Attached: Canaanite Jew.jpg (464x211, 33K)

from Flavius Josephus
documentacatholicaomnia.eu/03d/0037-0103,_Flavius_Josephus,_De_Bello_Judaico,_EN.pdf
>2. For there are three philosophical sects among the Jews. The followers of the first of which are the Pharisees; of the second, the Sadducees; and the third sect, which pretends to a severer discipline, are called Essens. These last are Jews by birth, and seem to have a greater affection for one another than the other sects have.

so the closest relation the kikes have to the israelites is through Esau who mixed himself into the canaanites

Esau originally had the birthright to take over the tribe as a first born. However after a day of work on the field he went inside and asked his brother for something to drink or eat, for which Jacob demanded Esaus birthright. Esau agreed, and thus got what he wanted and Jacob got the birthright from Esau. However after this Esau wanted it back, Jacob didnt want to return it, and thus Esau parted from his family, joined a canaanite tribe that became known as Amalek (the Israelites nemesis) to wage war on Jacob/Israel. These eventually (likely with a couple others mixed into) became the Edomites which are todays Kikes. And to this day they still demand the birthright back from Israel (The white man). Their hate of whites is actually envy, they want what we have. Thats why they undergo plastic surgery to appear more european, take on germanic last names and yiddish is even just some fake german. They try to genocide whites so that they can take their position of chosen people they believe they inherited from Esau, without anyone else being left to rightfully claim that position.

Other than the kikes however Esau made up with Jacob/Israel again eventually, but (((they))) refuse to follow the lead to this day.

Attached: White Israelite.jpg (1898x1498, 1.28M)

Praise kek

Wooo

>enough for me that all these witnesses let themselves get tortured and murdered for testifying his ressurection when telling otherwise would have saved their lives
Enough for you perhaps, but not for the rational man. We observe that people die for conflicting beliefs. We observe that people can sincerely believe things and be mistaken all the same. It is far more likely that these "witnesses" were merely wrong.
>and that he is God is evident by the profoundness of his teachings
I find his teachings (or at least, the teachings attributed to him) to be naive at best. Secular morality has leapfrogged over him.

Jesus was at best a Jewish super hero who got memes into relevance.

I voted for him too.

youtu.be/qSrOXvoNLwg

It's important for Christians to understand that the Talmud is Tradition of Men that Jesus rejected.

What the fuck did i just read

On the reason behind the existence of evil and ultimately our purpose:
First we must define evil. Evil is whats wrong in Gods eyes. God gave us free will, and free will requires the abillity to choose wrong, or else we would not be able to choose at all. If choosing wrong is evil then there cant be free will without evil

God creates Humans in his image, and he loves every one of them that is and will be. Satan, being basically a spoiled Child doesnt like us getting our fathers attention and thus tries to show him how lowly we are by corrupting us. He does this by bringing the fruit of knowledge of good and evil to us, which while likely intended for us eventually, we werent ready to eat yet as we were basically little babies in adult bodies.
With the fruit now Eaten we had to learn of both, Good and Evil. We knew good from our father and from being in Eden, but what was missing is Evil.
The best way to learn is to experience, thus we have to experience evil to learn of it, and we couldnt have evil in Paradise thus were send out, possibly falling from a spiritual state of existence into this mortal and material state. This world is sandbox/a tutorial so to speak. A containment reality where we can fuck around without being able to fuck up cosmically. Here we are meant to experience Evil, and Satan trying to corrupt us still is doing so by unleashing every plague he has up his sleeve onto us that we may fall from faith while simultaniously subverting what good and evil is. God loving and trusting us lets this happen since its the best way to learn of evil for us in the first place, and because he knows we will still praise God after everything. This is essentially the story of Job on a global scale.

Basically we are meant to learn good choices, and what this good actually is

>thousands of people assume by mistake that they talked and saw a person that was crucified and died a few days ago
k.

Attached: Eve.jpg (1000x740, 164K)

According to Jesus in the Talmud there is a passage that says the string that would turn from crimson to white when the temple sacrifices were successful stopped turning white 40 years before the Romans sacked the city in 71 AD.

Hallelujah praise God
King Yeshua will come again for his church

Attached: E2206F34-81B3-46B4-8C96-9CCC2E296FF3.jpg (1024x633, 238K)

LARPs are getting more and more cucked I see.

>thousands of people
Do you actually have thousands of independent reports, or do you have a document claiming that there were thousands? These are not equivalent. In any event, how many people are there alive today, who you can interview yourself, who will testify to seeing alien spacecraft or being abducted by aliens? Do you believe them? If not, how many such people would it take for you to believe them?

His name is Jesus.

>OT God and NT God are different beings
Wrong
Jesus himself said
>17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished
The law and prophets being those of the OT. Why would the other NT God acknowledge the correctness and rightiousness of the law of the false God?

Also Jesus is High Priest in the Order of Melchizedek. Now who is Melchizedek?
>18Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine—since he was priest of God Most High— 19and he blessed Abram and said: “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth,
So Jesus is the high priest of the order that worships the OT God.

We also have Jesus quoting the OT to make a point and fulffilling the OT prophecies
There is no way to argue that NT God is another from the OT.

Usually the people claiming OT and NT are to be seperated claim that OT God is evil and Satan (Demiurge) that trapped us in this world.
If this world would be created by something evil, then why is it so beatiful? Why is it abbundant with ressources, food and drink? There is more than enough for everyone and its only through the corruption of a few, satan worshipping pedophiles, that we experience scarcity. So the creator is obviously good.

so around the time Jesus died. I would say that since Jesus is the perfect sacrifice that absolved our sins all other sacrifices for that purpose by default become illegitimized, and as such wont be succesfull. So it makes sense that around his death this happened. But when Jesus said this already happened than it would have been during his life, or am i getting something wrong?

>doesnt believe in UFOs
lmao. we build them since at least the Nazi Era
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/214689445

Attached: Blessed God.jpg (638x479, 86K)

Yeah, and so do his ministers, the pope, cardinals, priests, etc.
But we're talking antichrist, not false prophet.

Gonna vote for him again, myself. Probably write his name in in 2024 if he doesn't run for a third term.

Now, I didn't say UFOs, did I? I specifically said alien. UFO literally means unidentified, meaning it could be anything.

The concept of Chosen people:
So what are the Chosen people? Originally it were the descendent of Abraham>Isaac>Jacob by blood. With Christ however everyone who believes in and follows him is heir to the promise of given to Abraham.
However the meaning of "chosen" I believe is widely misrepresented. For example the "Chosen people cant do wrong, everything they do is the will of God and totally ok and anyone opposing them will be cursed" is just some pilpul probably coming from the Talmud. Chosen means chosen to spread the word of God across the world. Chosen to display the glory of God through your own deeds and letting them know your father through you. Chosen to lead as a good example.
>9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil, first for the Jew, then for the Greek; 10but glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good, first for the Jew, then for the Greek. 11For God does not show favoritism.
Meant to be that good example we are the first to be rewarded, so that other people see the mercy and generousity of God, but we are also the first to be punished when doing wrong, so the others see what misbehavior leads to and because it would be Hypocritical to tolerate with your own people what they do while punishing other

Also you need to consider that modern Kikes are not the Israelites/Judeans of the bible which were whites

you also talked about "spacecrafts" which obviously arent identified and thus UFOs. Someone sees an aircraft and due to propaganda believes the black project aircraft is from aliens, so I believe them when they testify what they saw, I just disagree on their interpretation of what it is. Just like the Ayy abductions which are just demonic possessions and similar fuckery all reported to stop when calling on Jesus for help. Makes me think.

Attached: Halo.jpg (634x355, 18K)

>"spacecrafts" which obviously arent identified and thus UFOs.
No? If you identify a flying object as a spacecraft, it clearly isn't unidentified.
>I just disagree on their interpretation of what it is
Which brings up the question: why do you agree with the interpretation the apostles give, that they saw Jesus resurrected? Isn't it far more plausible that something else happened?

How do I get into the bible, I tried reading until leviticus but it just seems so repetitive and mundane

Start in Matthew read to Revelation
Then go back, start at Isaiah and read through the prophets to Matthew.
And then go back and read from Joshua to Isaiah
And then Start a new read through Gen 1:1 and read the whole Bible.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try in that order. I guess the old testament filled with laws and other things. I guess my biggest mistake when trying to read it originally is assuming it's one book instead of multiple different books.

Spoiler:. apart from Revelations and a few other bits, the Bible is boring af

Most of what is written between leviticus and deutoronomy is pretty long for what can be shortly summarized and is more or less focused on laws. I wouldn't recommend it, but you could probably search up a summary of the last three books from moses online and get right through to the historical books.

You can also do which helps you more or less understand the Bible better from a Christian perspective from the get-go and was written more specifically for any non-jewish convert to be able to get the gist of it for the most part.

It depends, but also this. You'll actually probably get more out of it finding some theological interpretation of the Bible online, a lot of it is pretty archaic stuff and is sometimes hard to comprehend correctly from a modern literal interpretation. Though not all of it is completely boring, I would argue that some of the books more firmly established into historical writings such as the books of samuel and books of kings may be more to your liking if you're into that sort of thing.

If you abandon literal interpretation, the Bible becomes a third rate fantasy collection.

Thanks I'll try what the other user said to do while reading the bible. I guess I shouldn't become bogged down when reading them books when starting off as I did. I think I might try to read some commentaries in between books as well if I have time to.

I'm not exactly making any doctrinal implications with it whatsoever, more that a lot of the expression that was often used during the contemporary time of these writings may often find themselves lost in the translation of a modern language. That's more or less the issue that one has to take when translating a several thousands year old scripture, which is why I'd recommend into looking a bit more into some of the verses and their original wordings/cultural context to see if you're missing something and to prevent relying too much on modern expressions from your language to interpretate the writings.

this schizo is posting the same copy pasta on every board for months now, s&h

I can read the Iliad and enjoy it without worrying out the original ancient Greek. If the Bible needs such things, then it fails as lasting literature.

ITT anons and their imaginary frens from a kike story book.

Attached: 1562855903401.jpg (827x1170, 396K)

i actually post only on Jow Forums and rarely /a/

The Illiad is a pseudo-historical storybook that can be enjoyed by almost everyone without exactly worrying about the original context. The Bible is a collection of scriptures that often told stories, but also sometimes have verses that may or may not inspire some doctrinal concept out of it, regardless of whether or not it's been taught as such originally in the Bible.

One example of this at a minor scale is the laodicean church interpretation by some of the pastors implying that the verse said that it's better for someone to be "cold" against the church than neutral and that it was calling out over the church's lack of zeal when it came to their faith. When looked at a deeper context however, you find out that the interpretation may not have been necessarily like that and that the verse may have been in fact, a reference to the city's supply of water being lukewarm instead of hot or cold and that a hot/cold water is better to drink than a lukewarm one. In that comparison, it could also be said that they were urging the church to contribute far more to the community, rather than calling them out over their lack of zeal as has been traditionally interpreted by some local pastors/priests. It's not necessarily a polarizing subject, but it's a worthwhile example of how some interpretations a much richer in context. Generally, it's preferable to make sure to gain the upmost understanding of scriptures before jumping into any conclusion.

It's not the fault of the Bible whatsoever, but more that human language and expression change over time, and it's up to us to make sure that the message hasn't been entirely lost, but that's one way of looking at it I guess. It isn't like we're in the 400 ADs anymore where differing views on the scriptures led to some major schism (well, there's the several thousands of differing protestant sects, but the separation of church and government has sorta helped in easing down the tensions that could have arose out of it).

I'm not saying such things are the Bible's "fault", I'm saying it diminishes the Bible as timeless literature. What do I care about about an ancient city's water supply?

He scares me though. :(

Jow Forumsddit retard thread, do not bump

Attached: Imptrash2.png (714x1046, 170K)

yeah, i'm jesus christ haha

>What do I care about about an ancient city's water supply?
You shouldn't, it's part of the reason why the original meaning of the verse behind the "lukewarm church" was lost until relatively recently. It shouldn't be expected for anyone that hasn't been in the city for themselves to deal with the watter supply to be aware or care about it, which is why the original meaning behind the verse was lost a few generations later (if the readers who never were in the city were even aware of it).

However, some generations later, the verse itself received some traction among some pastors and then it was taught during sermon speeches as some kind of statement against "neutral churches", whichever way you look at it, those are major differing interpretations from the original context. Now if such a mistake was made over such a relatively minor issue, then one could expect the same to happen to any other verses as well. Which is why the study of textual culture can be considered a pretty important role to take, but I digress, I didn't mean to start a discussion over it.

I guess the distinction we need to make is scripture vs literature. If you don't take the Bible literally, if it's just a story with metaphors, then it's up to each individual reader to determine any meaning from it. On that level, I don't think the Bible fairs well against other works. If you think the Bible was literally inspired by God though, then things change and diving deeper becomes worthwhile.

I can agree on that aspect. I guess I can understand if you thought I was implying to go through some mental gymnastic reinterpreting 99% of the Bible or something like that lol

Attached: 1568815277524m.jpg (1024x532, 145K)