Anyone else have a normal childhood, but still despise your parents now?

Never got in trouble growing up, no real issues with parents....just realized recently that my parents are insufferable people, and if I ever had kids I wouldn't want the "grandparents" to play a major role.

I'm 28 now - lower to middle class upbringing....parents were stingy AF (lived in Texas, but AC usage forbidden...gas heating was allowed for holidays like Christmas...when I was 16 I had to get a job... buy my own car, pay my way through college...etc....not bitching, and I hate spoiled cunts, I'm just telling you how it was.... Parents let me live at home until 20 however, and I was "lucky" to be only charged $350 in rent while paying for my own college, insurance, etc....(they will bring this up whenever they get the chance)...

Flash forward to yesterday. I live out of state - haven't seen parents in four months, Dad's Bday was last week ... in town so I decide to cook them a dinner... Buy a couple nice steaks, potatoes, etc - figure I'll use the old man's BBQ....

"You're gunna use the grill? ok but I just cleaned it three days ago. Remember when you didn't clean the grill and it almost caught fire? (happened in 2004).... "I know you were 15 then and grill all the time now, I'm just saying OP, don't start making a mess if you can't clean it up"...

10 mins later, Mom comes out "Your Dad and I like to eat at 5:30... if it's gunna be later than 5:45ish could you tinfoil our plates, we're watching "Godless" on Netflix.... Yes I know Netflix isn't live TV - but if you're going to come over and tampering in people's kitchens, at least be mindful of their schedules..."

I've reached the age where I don't even try to argue anymore? Even in adulthood, everything is a lecture or a complaint....so I just wrapped their food up in tinfoil, put it in the fridge, and left...

Yah I'll be sad when they're no longer around, but what is the point in making the effort to have people constantly in your life if they add nothing positive? See you at Christmas, folks.

Attached: Steak.png (520x694, 919K)

I totally have the same parents as you do, they just never give you healthy affection, its the boomer greed of always what can you do for me, I didnt really owe them that much, moved on with my lives, and now they attention seek to try and get me back into their lives, which I ignore, just go no contact user.

Another tiresome bait thread, amirite?

why not just abandon them? if she really used the word "tampering" ... jesus. don't waste another minute of your life trying to be nice.

Just pull yourself up by your heartstrings and love yourself OP.

What's strange is, I didn't have some neglectful childhood or anything....I dk if it's me getting older and realizing this, or if parent's just become annoying, negative assholes as they get older.... Maybe it's both

yep, and I got you to comment too, congrats fag

All joking aside, that is extremely sad OP. I’m curious to know what kind of journey your parents took in life that led them to become who they are now.

Bruh not politics. But your parents suck just leave them alone. Thata what they want trust me. Most parents would love a meal cooked for them by their grown kids.

Your parents got old. They probably weren't like this before.

Parents can be cunty user but don't be a scumbag and dishonour/disown them. My older bro has done that and now I have to endure all the grief its caused them, particularly my mother. Only Godless faggots do that to their parents.

But did you clean the grill?
You cooked a meal for them, did you want them to sit with you and eat it and fawn over you? Or did you want to cook them a meal?

The day of the pillow can’t come soon enough for you, boomer.

That's sad.
My childhood was normal too. I mean the typical teenage fights and stuff.
But my parents never kicked me out, never charged me rent, always offered to pay for everything.
I never took anything though. I paid my own school, left home at 25? Don't remember.
It's hard to visit, they never ask me to visit but always happy when I do drop by. I love to visit and enjoy some home cooked meals. Good conversation and overall a nice time. They always tell me to sleep over instead of going home late. I have never took up the offer.
Now that they're getting older, I see them more like my kids than my parents. I don't know if you guys ever feel that.
I always appreciate them, they did the best they could with what they have.

My father committed suicide when I was 13, and my mother was an abusive narcissist/bpd that made life a living hell.

I'm 32 now, trying to salvage what little of a relationship I can have with her, and slowly rebuild things.

I have shitty, shitty parents. Even still family is the most important thing in life, so you have to make the best with what you've got.

I feel its more to do with finally maturing into adulthood. I love my parents and they love me but I can't stand them and think very differently from them. Also when you get more mature you start to realize their faults.

So you know OP called up last minute and injected herself into her parent's life. left a dirty grill after her mother got nasty dirty cleaning it. And is now complaining about her adult gift to her adult parents not being more "properly" shared with her, despite clearly preferring to live a separate life in a different state and likely never remembering to send gifts/cards, etc. etc.
Or you're an idiot.

Mine wasnt neglectful either but that slight gaslighting still harmed be a bit, either way I actually get off now to the grief my absence has caused as my mind got warped by all the cuntyness.

my dad rarely gives me positive feedback, it makes me strive for excellence, your a typical pussy millennial. i'm 34. grow up and get your shit together, invite them to your house and use your grill.. you probably live in some shit tier apartment with nigger neighbors.

You dump fuck! no one wants to eat your disgusting home cooked meal. You should have taken your folks to Cracker Barrel and then Cold Stone creamery for a cookies and cream shake while thanking them for all the sacrifices they endure to bring you sorry pathetic life into the world.

Attached: 62582CA9-9A0D-48E8-A9AA-9F4B48192D55.jpg (640x360, 15K)

...there's always one of you

Did you just call me a girl? My preferred pronoun is Xe

damn, you're right... I'm 28 and live in my own apartment....such a sick burn dude fuckkk

Damn your parents kinda sound like assholes dude

Some parents have trouble making that transition to treating you like an adult. If you are a young adult, try to be patient a little longer. Keep in mind you will still be their child when you are middleaged.
If you hit thirty and they still act that way--fuck em. They're dicks.

My parents failed to teach me the most important skill in life, finding a mate. Thanks for setting me up to enjoy my 20s employed with a good work ethic, now I'm 30 and knocked up some mutt girl because I thought no girl could like me.
At least my girl does what I tell her to and spreads her legs on demand

You know what you have to do, but don't.add to guncrime stats.

> he 'cleaned' the grill three days ago
>is worried its going to get dirty after one grill session

> won't settle if dinner isn't cooked at 5:45pm and wants you to put it in the fridge as they watch some jew-made show

Shut the fuck up boomer. Any man that grills regularly knows that one cook won't make you're grill 'dirty' unless you do some shit like not brush on it after. Or he has a grill thats brand new and is used so rarely that he is anal about it being silver.

If I cooked for my parents they wouldn't be bitching about a grill getting dirty or wanting to watch Goldstein's new show. We would sit at the table and talk to each other like a healthy family should.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-19 09-08-55.png (1073x803, 1.34M)

Oddly enough I'm starting to feel the same way. I've got a kid though. I think I'm to the point where I don't want to hear shit from my parents, I don't wanna hear their bullshit anymore. They are both becoming old annoying fuckers.

Most parents regret having children and you're certainly no exception

stop being so sentimental

After reading the OP, I had a slightly more upper class upbringing. I had the world handed to me on a plate, but I'm a horribly stubborn person, and ended up not speaking to my parents for years. I moved out at 20, I'm 28 now, and have never had a goddamned handout in my life. I've recently reconnected with my parents and brother, who very much became my father in terms of education and worldview, and it all boils down to what's good for the economy is good for the country.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a blog, but after years of living my life and being distant from these people, how are they enriching my life? Something about the OP's situation just clicked.

>Yeah user don't spend time cooking for your parents, spend your shekels at Goldsteins store.

Your zog programmed brain should go in the oven with anons parents.

Peak leaf comment.

I like to pretend you people are trolling. But I know in reality you're actually that far gone.

Sounds like they raised you right. You're not supposed to be friends with your parents. Stay in your lane.

Truly annoying parents would show up and muck with every aspect of your life. Baptize your children in their satanic church that they haven't yet realized is a cesspool. Spill wine on your carpet. Break your appliances.

>just realized recently that my parents are insufferable people
Knew your parents were boomers from that statement alone

My parents raped, molested and tortured me. And I turned out just fine. Stop being such a fucking little pussy crybaby or I'll cut off your head and hands and feed you to the cockroach pit.

Attached: 1553176488220.jpg (704x528, 58K)

My mother is a afd voting boomer. Well at least she now recognizes how sort of a shithole this country will be 2030/2040.

SRA? ritual abuse?

Nah, there's a good chance these shitty leaf posts are made by
>a chink
>A shitskin
>a nigger

Democrat here. Pacific Northwest. You're a fool if you think progressives aren't armed. Shit man a lot of us served.

Fucking bot.

why do you guys blanch like fags when everybody talks about "common sense gun control legislation"?

fucking traitor

Democrat here. Pacific Northwest. You're a fool if you think progressives aren't armed. Shit man a lot of us served.

Attached: joanchen.png (640x480, 508K)

>If I cooked for my parents they wouldn't be bitching about a grill getting dirty or wanting to watch Goldstein's new show. We would sit at the table and talk to each other like a healthy family should.
lucky user

Attached: 1525240729166.jpg (753x707, 331K)

>turned out just fine
>Stop being such a fucking little pussy crybaby or I'll cut off your head and hands and feed you to the cockroach pit.

its called irony dumb svencuck

Part of growing up is understanding your parents are just people and once you become an adult you are, in fact, just another person in their life. The longer you are not an everyday presence in their lives the more distant you become.

From their point of view you are a young person who is visiting their home, disrupting their schedules, and messing with their stuff. They tolerate this because you are related to them, but you aren't catching the hint that you are doing things without asking them first and they are nonplussed about the experience. Yes they are on the low end of the "compassionate and loving" scale of parenthood but you need to get the faux pas you were making here.

I had a shite childhood and love my parents
My dad wasnt enough of a zealot and I dont respect my mother but I still love them

Maybe youre a dumb cunt?

Bitch, no ones worried
How you believe you 'serve' while being a piece of shit leftist is beyond me
Fucking vile niggerlover cuck

My childhood was fucked up but I still love my mom I guess. I hate my dad though

Boomers fucked up on every level.
People who think running up debt is "working" arent going to make good parents or good anything. They are a generation of complete retards who have passed on the baton to millennials who are taking the responsibility for boomers eternal fuck ups

Hi Stephan Molyneaux

I joined the military and have done more in my time including passing his rank when he was in. He still tries to talk about how the military works and what I should be doing to get ahead like it was still the 80's. It's frustrating but I think people generally just get to a point where they stop developing cognitively. I still love the old bastard but he seems dumb as fuck sometimes. It'll probably happen to all of us.

That pic looks pretty delicious, OP.

Attached: 1542601484952.jpg (2205x1418, 520K)

>what is family
Kike morals, always searching for a way to get a better deal.

My Grandma complained the pans were dirty after I cooked them tacos. They did say that the food was very good though and we love eachother. I guess some people prioritize not having 1 minute of scrubbing dishes over having good tasting food with caramelization reaction in the pan. Oh well, classic boomers

Your parents did the best they could, there is no manual on how to be a perfect parent. Parents figure out shit along the way, while keeping you safe to the best of their ability and reassuring you that they know what they're doing. Your parents probably sacrificed alot for you and you don't know half of what they gave up in order to keep your ass clothed and fed. Try having children of your own and see how easy it is.

Attached: 1567792340154.jpg (259x1024, 50K)

You're French and you made tacos? That's amazing. What goes in a French taco

Old people are cranks. It happens. They don't want to learn anything new, play it safe and strictly adhere to their own schedule, and expect you to follow it too. I can't even cook a meal for my mother because she howls about the "indian spices" I use... garlic, oregano, cumin. She "won't be able to sell the home because it will stink" and that "i'm the only one in the world who cooks like this".
My father checked out in his late 40's. Would come home from work and lay on the couch reading till he went to bed. Would only come down to order me to turn off the lights even if I was watching tv or something. If I happened to mention I'd be taking a shower he would hassle me every 10 minutes to take it. His schedule.

Now in the condo I live the parking lot has a sign that states "no left turns" which I ignore because that route has no speed bumps. This boomer that's up every morning stands outside milling around when I leave for work shakes his fists at me when I pass by him. Fucking boomer.

Old people get tired. Trying to keep their house in order gets more and more difficult. We think cleaning dirty pots and pans is nothing but when you have arthritis it’s a tough job

>We think cleaning dirty pots and pans is nothing
You're talking to zoomers who have never cleaned pots and pans in their lives.

>Tampering
That's the word that gets me, the rest is just typical boomer stuff, but that word implies that what you did wasn't welcome.
That's fucked man.

Attached: 1563917321524.png (600x474, 22K)

Just pull yourself up on your bootstraps, go into the manager, give him a firm handshake and look him in the eyes.

I need this stek

This. Went no contact after having to make a getaway during my Christmas visit last year. Had already been living far away/abroad for years and was used to seeing them only once or a few times per year. Realized that was a few times too many. They always manage to suck you back into that teenage feeling of insecurity and dependence.

You paid $350 per month to live with your parents? They think OP is retarded.

my parents forced me to take meds for attention deficit and then prozac to balance "mood swings" controlling faggots they are
so, no. not a normal childhood and it's impossible to talk to my parents who are basically super intense introverts still

What? You can't find an apartment to rent? Have you tried walking around the neighborhood and knocking on doors?

try being less bored

So after you left the food in the fridge did they call you and ask why you left suddenly??

maybe you should do that too so that they have more motivation to improve themselves

My mom was overbearing and emotionally manipulative growing up while my dad felt like some guy who just lived in the house. Never gave me any sort of positive reinforcement about anything like grades, hobbies etc. Still brings up shit like how I broke my bed 15 years ago and what not. I don't dislike my dad but I don't think I'd feel anything if he dropped dead. He always paid the bills growing up so im thankful but theres no bond between us. I dont think parents should be your friends but they should be something. Mom has gotten better, she had a rough upbringing so I can understand why she overcompensated.

Your parents aren't normal. It's some higher tier fuckery.

this is an american thread, lad

Your parents are awful.

You did the right thing OP. That's a really shitty attitude to have towards your kid doing something nice for you on your birthday. Birthdays are weird though. Some people hate them and they bring out the worst in us.

I buy the food, prepare the food and clean everything and my gf is still an ungrateful hoe. Shitting on me for anything left out as she camps out on the cellphone all night.There is an awareness or respect a lot of people lack and seemingly nothing can change this. Most days dying alone sounds okay.

I'm not an evil Godless scumbag who enjoys abusing his parents like my psycho cunt of a brother

no user. my relationship with my parents is immeasurably better now at 45 than it was any time after i was 10. mind you i was a complete fuckwit from 10 to about 40 so there is that

Hey look, it's not politics.
round here we call that a slide thread and we sage it.
Go fuck yourself OP.

Kek

It's a great slide thread. Read what these emotional faggots are saying.

just use whores for female company

I'm 45 too. I still get on well with dad who is in his 80's. My mother is in her 70's and has a boomer mentality. After telling me she was going to pay for something I couldn't afford (a treatment program) and getting me to commit to it she decided she couldn't afford it. Now my own family's finances are completely fucked for the next six months. She somehow found the money to book a cruise for later this year.

I wouldve just always got OP to cook. Maybe buy me some weed if I was low.

No one cares what you have to say in any thread, politics or otherwise.

My parents are fine, I'm realizing that they're fairly banal at this point though. They spend a lot of their time watching top 10 videos on youtube or the bachelor on TV, dad could go on about work forever. It's comfy going home but not really interesting. Most of my difficulty has been that they aren't really role models in any meaningful sense, and I've had to re-evaluate a lot of my goals, interests, and social tendencies to break the habits I developed growing up with them. Had a period where I hated them for how lame they are, but at this point I just seem them more as other adults rather than something to look up to.

You sound like a bitch.

lol my dad spent 40 odd k repowering his boat, doing a massive refit and both the olds spend a lot of time travelling in their dotage. Dad oftentimes teases me that he's spending my inheritance and i tell him to stfu and spend all of it. he earned it, not me.

M8 just wait till you have your own children, it really hit home how crap my parents are, i mean i knew they weren't the best but memories came flooding back and i got resentful for a while.
I just realised they where never around.
Still had it a lot better than some.

You talk like a Semite

You must be one of the people agitating for the introduction of a "sarcasm" punctuation mark.

I don't have a problem with how they spend their money. Like you said it is theirs and they earned it. What I do have a problem with is people who don't honor their commitments.

Your bitch is she didn't pay for your rehab and you're in your 40's?

Kek

Ur all bitches

you stupid nub. its been around for decades

do you even interwebs?

>normal childhood
>Parents let me live at home until 20
>only charged $350 in rent
Uh what.

It isn't rehab nigger. It's health related.

charity isnt obligatory user. i may have misinterpreted your post but she doesnt owe you shit other than maybe some nice pics of her cruise. lol cruises, the Ipswich fucking express.. for the newlywed, then over fed and the nearly dead

My parents are oddly similar. They bitch and complain about things that....simply don’t matter. My childhood was also pretty decent too, I’d say upper-middle class. But there’s something about old-age that makes people out of touch with reality. Maybe it’s the cold abyss of death starting them in the face that turns people into mush, I don’t know. But I often feel like you do. I have no real connection with my parents. We’re not alike in any tangible way and oftentimes their idea of conversation is to bitch about whether or not every single dish in their kitchen is clean. It’s bizarre user. Very bizarre.

Making a commitment to someone and then reneging on it isn't charity. I don't care that they go on trips in fact I encourage it as it keeps them active and engaged in life. I take care of their house and mail etc when they go away. I do that because I want to, not out of charity or a sense of obligation.

That is sad as fuck if true.

Reminder you don't have to be nice to your Dad, just your mom.
A visit or call every three months is enough.