Why is the West Coast and New England so staunchly Democratic/Liberal?

Why is the West Coast and New England so staunchly Democratic/Liberal?

Attached: map.1.png (5400x3586, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/maddow/status/1063137090576310273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Solely to confuse you

Big cities/port population concentration mean they like social programs because they live near one another and see state spending more often

desu most of California and Oregon is rural, and historically has been

Most settlers that went out West were more liberal, this began to change in the 80s, with regard to the Midwest, but it's still barely affected the far west coast.

As for New England you're mostly correct, though Maine is scarcely inhabited, compared to most other east coast states.

Because they’re successful first world enclaves in a sea of shit. Same with Minnesota and Colorado.

The west coast is where silent majority came from but the cities pull far more influence

Because they are smarter
Let’s see how long it takes for the autistic anti-California spammer to arrive

They used to be Republican

republicans used to be like democrats

only with regard to social issues

Democratic party began to switch to a more liberal economic policy around the ~20s, but the repub party stuck with conservative economics.
Both parties were "racist" using the term as defined now adays, but the republicans were objectively more associated with anti-segregation, while dems were associated with segregation.

Then you come to around the 50s-60s. Where the majority of the democratic party becomes against segregation, along with repubs, but Southern democrats are still staunchly pro-segregation.

New England is blue because the democrats bought off Irish and Italian Americans who mindlessly voted for party instead of issues forever.

Also because the GOP refuses to move beyond its retarded social stances.

retard

New Hampshire is a libertarian state.

I don't understand your issue with what I said. My grandmother and her kids voted Democrat their entire lives based off what the party machine accomplished when her family stepped off the boat.

And the GOP has shit social stances
Gay marriage, death penalty, abortion, drug war. All losing issues.

>only with regard to social issues

True, though the republican party was initially pro-business as a means of ensuring economic independence from slavery.

I live there and I wish this was true, but it seriously isn't.

Why do New Englanders on Jow Forums pretend their region is conservative?

high IQ and wealth

because anyone on here is an outcast and probably doesn't have stock views

Because they’re the social outcasts of the stock. You’ll also find a lot of anons living in conservative states are fairly liberal (including me).

Education and technology
vs hicks/rednecks/meth addicts
No brainer

What is the economy like in Maine and New Hamshire? People are aging and I can’t think of any real companies there yet incomes are high

As someone from New England it isnt staunchly democratic liberal. The liberals are transplants from NYC, minorities that showed up from 1940 on, the former working class whites who are multiple generation Democrats because they were Irish Catholics or some other poor group, Jews etc. There are still a lot of conservatives.

Why do you say stock?

Stock means standard and people on Jow Forums are very likely to deviate from the standard despite claiming to be normal and well adjusted

gee MAYBE (just *maybe*) the economy doesn't revolve around which companies you can think of?!?!?!?!??!?!!?

There are generations of data that shows New England has always been more liberal than other regions of the country, New York City included.

Okay...
twitter.com/maddow/status/1063137090576310273

no not really

The two richest states (North Dakota and Alaska) are staunchly republican. The wannabe Canadians on the coast are poorfags in comparison.

Any income numbers in New Hampshire Are heavily skewed by the southern counties, particularly Rockingham country where a lot of people commute towards the Boston Metro.

Manchester and Nashua have some big companies, but most people I know have jobs in trades. It just pays well because unlike the rest of the country we don't have some mexican who will do it for $5. What immigrants we do have don't want to work construction outside because they can't handle it.

There are a lot of families who just own land that they've had for some time. The further north you go, the cheaper things are.

For instance right on the border with Massachusetts a Wendys pays 11.5 an hour but in Portsmouth a fast food place pays 8.At the same time land north of a certain point is super cheap.

So basically like anywhere else income is higher in higher earning potential areas, but like most of the old parts of the country there is some wealth crystallization

Aren't they rich because of oil?

As someone from there he is mostly right about the white democrats a lot are democrats because their parents and grandparents were because they were from lower class immigrant families.

Yes, yes really.

All left whites are nothing other that people that has no contact with niggers and other kind of monsters.

No, not really

Interesting, thanks.
What do you mean by ‘not like to work outside’ what is the climate like? It should be a maritime climate.

Yes, yes really.

Not true since it is coastals who have the most contact and still vote left.

It's freezing over there, Mexicans aren't used to that.

They haven't met enough lower class brown people to hate them like southerners do.

You are not white, Diego.

no, no there isnt unless you mean morally.

Why is the western half of the country so liberal compared to the south then?

What about California and Southern New England, then

Maine is purple. They can go hard left or right on a range of issues. For example at the same time they tried to legalise recreational marijuana (blocked to some extent by their republican governor iirc) they also decided yo allow concealed carry without any kind of permit.
Maine also elects more 3rd party and independent candidates than any other state and they are the most rural state, in fact it's the only state that is becoming more rural over time.

Wew i feel honored, actual American politicians have joined the thread

Really? I always imagined it was eternal autumn like over here.

:)

It is currently -2C where I am right now, and the more north you go (towards the white mountains) the colder and more snow it gets. Our winters here are obviously bad by American standards considering how far north we are.

Working outside is also difficult outside of Manchester (which is our "big city" of 100k people) because you have to drive some distance to any work site.

>They haven't met enough lower class brown people to hate them like southerners do.

Attached: 7265C88F-A6EF-473E-84A3-B4E5F40B529D.png (705x851, 190K)

North American has hotter summers and colder winters than Europe friend

Whites are descended from bohunks, terroni, and micks who got their dicks sucked by the democrats
Non-white are currently getting their dicks sucked by the democrats because they understand future demographics
The only Anglo parts left are the South

Do you eat a lot of lobster?
Yeah must be the gulf stream I guess. Always odd to see New York have a snowstorm before we had any snow despite being at the same latitude as Madrid

>bohunks
What are these?

Bohemians, Hungarians, and hohols

Are there a lot of those in New England?

Yeah, and a lot of rural California is strongly conservative, his point about cities and ports is valid, the state's politics are dominated by San Francisco and LA.

Irish people are the majority, but there's still quite a few of them.

They are rich in the saudi arabia way.

Those places aren't strongly conservative.

>Do you eat a lot of lobster?

No, I prefer fried clams.

I live in Connecticut. I am neck deep in snow. Send help.

I've never seen snow

They're pretty deeply red up in them there hills.

Not as red as the parts of the south