Be American

>be American
>don’t live in a suburban sprawled shithole
Life is good.

Attached: F60E2C50-AB4C-4864-8162-3E1DCEDB9659.jpg (1536x2048, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Ridge,_Brooklyn
webmd.com/diet/news/20060223/obesitys-home-city-suburbs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_metropolitan_Detroit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Pittsburgh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Chicago
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be american

Attached: 1510232544672.png (1024x896, 18K)

>garagelet

Attached: harpo+2.jpg (1153x1600, 533K)

Still looks like ghetto outside of Hunger Games movie lmao.

Some of the houses here do have garages, but they’re meant for small, reasonably sized cars. Not for your Ford T150 Raptor Pickup Truck with Turbo Drive, 3 Engines and 5 Rows of seats with 7500lb towing capacity

I wish I lived up North

Attached: I1TK1.png (642x705, 25K)

Those kind of places it's easy to get parking tickets. Fuck that shit.

>tf
>tp

t. Commieblock dweller
It’s only easy if you’re stupid. There are tons of signs that tell you when street cleaning is taking place.
As long as you pay attention to them, you’ll be fine
I’d rather have that than have shitty dirty streets 24/7.
The north welcomes you

Attached: 2FD8BEB3-6076-46FD-9327-751450BBFD1C.jpg (2048x1365, 416K)

Looks pretty comfy, user

Attached: 14743854654380.jpg (980x893, 106K)

Still looks like ghetto outside of Hunger Games movie lmao.

By the way, that picture shows our widest street.
That is as big as the streets get here. The rest of our streets are very narrow and very comfy.
They’re made for people, not cars

You have good taste, user

>he thinks thats narrow

>British reading comprehension

I said that that’s our WIDEST street. As in, that is as wide as it gets.

My point still stands, dosserboy

>muh 1.5 cars per person

Attached: rawImage.jpg (1367x2048, 322K)

>I said that that’s our WIDEST street.

It basically fits half an American.

>i live in a brooklyn shithole full of immigrants and proud of that
why did you come to america then?

>BUT IM STILL HALF-RIGHT, THOUGH!!
No it doesn’t. You just made a silly comprehension error. Fuck off.
Based and redpilled.

When will my fellow Americans realize that European tier urban planning is the only truth?

if you can't jump to the other side from the roof you live in a sprawed shithole

Attached: terdit.jpg (550x412, 33K)

Glad you aknowledge I'm right, sweety xx

comfy

Enjoy your niggers. At least I can take a stroll through my neighborhood past midnight.

>if and buts and note this and don't forget about that
Fuck. That. Shit. The only reason to live in that shithole is because there are jobs there. Normal people work in NYC for 3-5 years then move the fuck out and buy a nice house somewhere in Connecticut. Can you imagine this beauty is only within an hour drive from your dump?

Attached: e7i4w16d5l301[1].jpg (2048x1365, 801K)

I guarantee you my neighborhood is safer than yours has been, is, or ever will be lmfao.
>take a stroll

Where are you gonna go without a car, bud? Bet you can’t even walk to the other side of the street without calling a taxi

Nothing you said has disproved the simple truth, which is that urban sprawled shitholes (which make up most of the US) are shitholes.

why are you so obsessed? you can stroll all you want, if you want to drive you can drive, who gives shit. but somehow that's your agenda that you keep creating these threads.

So that's a shithole in that picture? you are so full of shit buddy. because you are obsessed. did you miss a chance to move out and now try to convince yourself that life is good?

>Tfw don't live in a city
>Tfw look out my bedroom window, and only see trees
>Tfw you step outside and smell clean fresh air
Life really is good

Attached: 1542733713170.jpg (626x667, 69K)

i see a merchant on the bottom right

Why not NYC? Southest part of Manhattan and Harlem nowadays are fine

>Parallel parking
Grossssss

I'm really not obsessed as much as I am concerned.

Urban sprawl is bad. It's bad for public health, bad for the environment, it's inefficient, it looks ugly. There is nothing good about designing our cities around the automobile.

Calling me obsessed isn't a valid defense of urban sprawl, either.

I'm not against countrysides. Having small villages in the comfy outskirts is perfectly fine with me. Actually, I think it's important to have them.

My problem is that when we DO choose to have cities, that we design them properly. The way most American and Canadian cities are designed is pretty shit.
Too expensive and too dense. I'm not asking to live in a highrise apartment.

I prefer living in comfy townhouses like the ones in the OP.

Too hard for you?

Where do you live?

Yes very hard.

Rather live in my suburb (based midwestern style within easy walking distance to stores, bars, restaurants and public transit, not sprawling california style) and park in a normal slot.

Brooklyn

Ive been to the midwest and you guys design your cities like third world shitholes.

Nothing is within walking distance, nobody ever walks anywhere.

Anything and EVERYTHING has a parking lot behind/in front of it.

Movie theatre? Parking lot.

Doctors? Parking lot.

Restaurant? Parking lot.

Barbershop? Parking lot.

This trend needs to fucking die.

And from the places I've been to, public transit is non-existent. Maybe the occasional single line of bus that comes by every 2 hours.

But you realize that it is only the elderly people who live in places like that. Particularly in that part of Brooklyn full of elderly immigrants. They live there because they can't move out but their children are long gone. Somehow you got stuck there?

>everything i don't like is a shithole
Nothing wrong with parking lots.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

I go outside and see people of every age group. Elderly people are just as common here as any other place I've been to.
Again, no idea where you got that information, but that is just untrue.

Parking lots aren't inherently bad.

But when most of your city is made up of them, then you have an issue.

>Nothing is within walking distance, nobody ever walks anywhere.
lol wrong. I walk all the time, since I am an alcoholic and want to get wasted. Only place I drive is to the store. But if I wanted to I could walk (I just dont like carrying my bags since my arms get tired).

In midwestern suburb, I am in walking distance (~1 mile or less) to at least 3 grocery stores, many restaurants/bars/shops, library, multiple parks and churches, 3 train stations into the city (never take the bus but I am sure they are around too). I live in La Grange, IL. Very low crime, rent is $1000/mo. Check it out yourself.

The big ugly sprawling mazes are a california/far west invention as far as I can tell. I am sure they exist elsewhere too but they are california-style.

>Anything and EVERYTHING has a parking lot behind/in front of it.
Uh sometimes. Sometimes you also need to parallel park. And?

Is it diverse? Do all races get along?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Ridge,_Brooklyn

>Bay Ridge has a large elderly population. It has been called a naturally occurring retirement community (NORC) because many of its families have grown up in the neighborhood while their children moved away. In 2006, it was reported that 20% of the population of Bay Ridge is 60 years of age or more.[33]

Literally a waiting room.

20% are 60+ means 80% are 59-. Hardly "only elderly people" but rather "lots of elderly people". Future of the USA is lots of elderly people because nobody has kids anymore

Very diverse.
Lots of Whites, Middle Easterners, Asians, and Latinos

Absolutely no blacks, though.

And yes, everyone gets along perfectly fine. The only butthurt people seem to be the >MUH IRISH HERITAGE because some Irish politician lost election to a Greek (LUL)

Other than that, no problems at all. It's wonderful

Mate, 1 mile is not walking distance. Especially since you're heading to a store of all places.

I look out my window and I can show you 5 grocery stores, 1 supermarket, 3 hardware stores, 1 pharmacy, several doctors' clinics, 2 pubs, 2 restaurants, and more.

These are all within the span of 2 city blocks.

You do realize that senior citizens make up 15-20% of the total American population, right?

So basically we are right at the national average. What point are you trying to make?

And as people have fewer kids and life expectancies get longer, we are only going to have more old fucks walking around here. It's just the simple truth. Your whole argument is basically emphasizing how statistically average Bay Ridge is. Good job.

>Mate, 1 mile is not walking distance.
It absolutely is, I walk a mile all the time. If you can't walk a single mile, you're just a fat boomer fuck.

That said, there's plenty in a half mile too. Like I said, you can look it up yourself. I walk a mile to get to one of my favorite bars and one of my favorite pizza places, but the actual downtown la grange is closer.

>I look out my window and I can show you 5 grocery stores
Who cares. I don't need 5 grocery stores, 3 is plenty. Hell, 1 is plenty. I just go to the Trader Joes when I want their brand of stout and the health food one when I want vegetarian stuff. Usually just need the one jewel osco.

>1 supermarket, 3 hardware stores, 1 pharmacy, several doctors' clinics, 2 pubs, 2 restaurants, and more.
So less than what exists in my suburb. Of course you might actually be able to enjoy more of your city if you got off your fat ass and were able to walk more than a few blocks without getting winded. Holy shit.

Imagine being so fat you can't walk ~15-20 minutes. Imagine...being OP...

the point i am trying to make is go argue with wiki then. if they are right at the average, why mentioned that specific point in the article?

My point is that if your NEAREST businesses are 1 mile away, then your city is not designed around walking. Congrats, your city is car-centric.

>Yeah let me just get all my shit from one store/business and remove all competition

This is one level of stupid away from those cities where the only source of groceries, clothing, etc. is one giant fucking Walmart smack-dab in the center of town.

Also, it's ironic how you're calling me a fat fuck when the Midwest has some of the highest rates of obesity in the country. Urban sprawl is what makes you fat, because when you're not spending time tucked away in your cheap cardboard house, you're spending time inside your automobile, collecting burgers from the drive thru.

>So less than what exists in my suburb.

Yes, your entire surburb has more than my two city blocks. Congrats.

Wait til you hear that Bay Ridge has dozens more city blocks.

I'm actually trying to gain weight a little weight.

Also, have you SEEN those pictures of fat people at Walmart on mobility scooters?

How much do you want to bet that they're taken in your neighborhood and not mine lmao.

The most famous one that is always posted here was taken in Canada

Looks like Everybody hates chris hood.

>My point is that if your NEAREST businesses are 1 mile away
My NEAREST businesses aren't a mile away. I said within a mile there's a ton of stuff, that includes stuff up to a mile, including less than a mile.

The NEAREST business is 623 feet away, but who gives a shit about the NEAREST business, I'm not a fat boomer fuck. 2 restaurants is pitiful.

>This is one level of stupid away from those cities where the only source of groceries, clothing, etc.
Says the guy with 1 pharmacy, 2 pubs and 1 supermarket. Most people get their groceries from one joint. That said I have the option of 3 grocery stores, all far less than a mile (though given your fatassery who knows)

> ironic how you're calling me a fat fuck when the Midwest has some of the highest rates of obesity in the country.
Sure. "Midwest has high obesity rates" doesn't magically make you any thinner though. Just means you are fat and also a retard. Damn

Go on google images and look up "fat people on scooters walmart"
Literally all in the US in urban sprawled midwestern/southern shitholes

Thank GOD we don't have any walmarts in NYC.

We unfortunately, however, do have a lot of fast food places. We need to purge any and all fast food

Fat people existing outside of yourself does not magically make you any slimmer.

Can you, or can you not, walk a mile?

Same borough just a few miles away.

Holy fuck you are stupid.
I said 1 pharmacy, 2 pubs, and 1 supermarket within 2 CITY BLOCKS.

The entire neighborhood has hundreds of grocery stores, pubs, pharmacies, etc. It is a hub for small business.

>Sure. "Midwest has high obesity rates" doesn't magically make you any thinner though. Just means you are fat and also a retard. Damn

The thing is that I'm not fat. I'm on the thinner side, myself.

But even if I was a fat ass, it still doesn't change the overall demographics when you compare my side of the dirt to yours.

I'm looking at the bigger picture. It's not a surprise that urban sprawl has higher obesity rates than non-sprawled places.

I didn't make this post to talk about myself.

Whether or not I'm a fat ass or a lanklet is irrelevant from the bigger picture, which is that the rate of obesity in your shithole is way higher than the rate of obesity in mine.

You're trying to make this personal when it's supposed to be about the greater picture.

>he will never enjoy a mile long walk in the crisp snow, hand in hand with a date, alcohol keeping him warm all the way
>he will get winded and collapse after 2 blocks
>he is a fat boomer fuck
>"b-b-but fat guy in walmart!! scooter!!" he burbles.
>nobody can hear him through all his fat

>he has to drive everywhere because his urban designers were post-war boomers who thought car-centric cities were a good idea
>he spends his entire life in a cardboard house and then later confined in his metal cage

Sounds nice, the ethnic food you could try must be glorious. What part of Brooklyn do you live in?

>he can't walk a mile
fatass confirmed.

>I said 1 pharmacy, 2 pubs, and 1 supermarket within 2 CITY BLOCKS.
Yeah so? You also said you can't walk a mile. And used "2 city blocks" as your standard instead of "a mile or less".

>The thing is that I'm not fat. I'm on the thinner side, myself.
Why can't you walk a mile? Are you asthmatic? Crippled? Handler won't let you cross the road?

Income and education have far more to do with obesity rate than city planning. Walking in particular burns jack all in terms of calories. Stop stuffing your face, fatass. Eat less, fatass. Skip lunch once in a while, fatass.

webmd.com/diet/news/20060223/obesitys-home-city-suburbs

Imagine defending this.

Attached: 1494094590059.jpg (1600x815, 174K)

I'm from Bay Ridge, which is in the southwest tip of Brooklyn, right next to the Verrazano Bridge

It's incredible. There are so many locally owned restaurants, Italian, German, Chinese, Lebanese, Mexican, etc. that you would need an entire year or so to try them all.
Ethnic food is very much part of the culture here

>two retarded cunts spew autistic bullshit and ruin the thread
FUCK YOU

Attached: 1533019905948.png (1919x1079, 1.99M)

>Why can't you walk a mile? Are you asthmatic? Crippled? Handler won't let you cross the road?

>Income and education have far more to do with obesity rate than city planning

When your city is designed for cars, people tend to walk less. This is a simple fact.

I'm in good shape because everything is within walking distance. Having a car is optional, not a requirement. In fact, owning a car arguably makes life a bit more difficult, especially when public transportation here is amazing.

That's why there are almost no obese people here. Everybody walks, bikes, jogs, etc.

Meanwhile in your neck of the woods, owning a car is mandatory.
You MUST drive to work because of the way your city is planned out. So yes, contrary to what you believe, city planning is the #1 predictor of obesity rates.

This is exactly what most of the country looks like.

You go to the Midwest, the South, and to a lesser extent, the West Coast, and this is all you see.

No culture, no architecture. No history. No atmosphere.

Just ugly 10 lane-wide streets, fat people in their giant pickup trucks, and massive McDonald's signs plastered up in the air.

Quite frankly, it's pathetic.

>I'm in good shape because everything is within walking distance. Having a car is optional, not a requirement.
Having a car is optional here too. As I already noted for you.

>Meanwhile in your neck of the woods, owning a car is mandatory.
No its not, everything is in walking distance. Its only "mandatory" if you are already a fat fuck who gets winded walking a half mile.

>You MUST drive to work because of the way your city is planned out.
I don't drive to work lel. Neither does my spouse. Its called walking or public transit.

>city planning is the #1 predictor of obesity rates.
No, its your diet, you fatty.

>You go to the Midwest... this is all you see.
t. has never been to the midwest

Been to Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.

No you haven't, or you would have seen a lot more than some highway exits. All those places have tons of nature, cities, culture, architecture, and history. Chicago is world famous for its architecture in particular. Sorry, retard.

Chicago proper, 100%

Took a boat ride down the river in 2015. I forget what the boat is called, something like the Hotdog or some shit?

But anyway, downtown Chicago's architecture is beautiful.

Other areas? Pure garbage.

Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh. Yuck.

Detroit also has amazing architecture. Those places have ton of "culture", history, "atmosphere". The roads only get thinner as you move away from the cities and more nestled into farmland and nature, as well as some cozy suburbs with plenty of shops on the corner.

Stop being a fat ignorant retard and try getting off the highway sometime if you think '10 lane roads with mcdonals everywhere' is "all of the midwest". Fuck you are stupid.

Post examples

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_metropolitan_Detroit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Pittsburgh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Chicago

Try leaving the highway dumbass

>posts wikipedia pages

Retard.

You are aware of the reputable sources cited towards the end of Wikipedia pages, correct? Feel free to check those out. This notion that Wikipedia is an unreliable source comes from Grade School teachers being more uneducated than the niggers running amok in their hallways.

Attached: 1543788085354.gif (230x172, 1.61M)

>pittsburgh
>yuck

Lol wut

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (1080x675, 111K)

The best part of Pittsburgh is when you get to the rednecks up in the winding hills, talk about atmosphere. Either way there's no 10 lane roads, he's just a retard who drove down the highway saw some rest stop signs with mcdonalds and gas stations and thought "welp there's the midwest"