What do you think about your country's diaspora in the USA?

As a Mexican, its weird seeing all these Americans identifying with countries they have no connection to.

Attached: 4833-004-297297B9.jpg (600x312, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Americans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejano
youtube.com/watch?v=_hIwyU44CEQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar_Eshai_Shimun_XXIII
atour.com/people/20080516a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

quite based, but it's a shame they weren't all about "muh German heritage" during the world wars...

ebin b8 my friend xDDD
:DD:DDD

your ancestors decided to fuck off to the states, you don't get to decide you're suddenly proud of muh heritage

Mexicans in the USA aren't a diaspora. We still have a connection to Mexican culture. Most of us aren't very influenced by the USA.

kys

there aren't spaniards there so nothing

Too many principled people in that generation Fritz

Attached: 1518114480812.gif (480x360, 312K)

Because that’s how you get ostracized or lynched

Anti German sentiment was so strong that many German families anglicized their names, my ancestors were Schmidts and now we’re Smiths, marginally more boring

your ancestor 500 years ago didn't eat chocolate so you're not allowed to eat chocolate

Calm down buddy

Attached: escalated.png (500x280, 243K)

doesn't correlate and a terrible analogy, keep your mouth shut kraut

No one considers Mexicans in the USA a diaspora population like Italians or Irish people here are. It's a completely different phenomenon.

I've seen a lot of mejicanos saying "I'm a spaniard" even if just their father is from Spain.

>As a
(Insert irrelevant statement followed by irrelevant opinion here)

We have Basques instead
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Americans

Attached: 2F8FF649-CF8D-4900-B6F7-ED46DB73CEAF.jpg (424x512, 23K)

They claim to be Spaniards to cope with their treason

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejano

They are America's problem now. Dun want them back.

generations and generations of each burgers' ancestors lived in Europe. Just because a single one of them decided to move to the US (for a plethora of possible reasons) doesn't mean that he somehow can't try to keep in touch with his heritage
so no u stfu, dumb bong

would english american mitt romney pass as a local in bongland?

Attached: mitt-romney.jpg (3000x1934, 575K)

That's like saying you have michoacan-Americans.

I know some mexicans who say theyre french because their great granpa was french

My ancestors came here from Kiel in the 1920s but I’ve never been to Germany nor do I speak German so by your and many other euros logic I’m not ethnically German

>mexican education

no, it's not

Basque country is not a real country

Im a michoacan american.

I don't know anything about Chilean diaspora in the US

do you eat corundas

We don't have a dispora there. France has always been a country of immigration, receiving subhumans from all over Europe (Italy Spain Portugal Poland) and not sending any

I wonder if Canada has a diaspora in the USA?

Venden nieve michiacana por aqui

Half a million French people immigrated here plus all the French Canadians we have

interesting
are you in california?

Yeah coachella valley. This is where many michoacanos settled

>your ancestors decided to fuck off to the states,
>ancestors

My parents are expatriates to the USA

do you know these

Attached: gorditas.jpg (1024x341, 55K)

Pointless people, what is the actual point in fighting a war to gain independent then gifting the country you founded to hordes of European trash in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

never tried them. my mom doesnt make them. shes more about soups like pozole and menudo, caldo de res

I don't respect anyone that identifies as a foreign ethnicity before identifying as an american.
if you were born here, you are an american.

What is the point in gaining a huge empire only to invite everybody in your colonies to your country once said empire crumbles.

Well notice how different the US is culturally from Anglo countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand?

your "nation" is absolutely meaningless then

Isabel Allende make it looks like half Chile moved to California in the XIX century.

I cringe when people identify as American. Unless you're Cherokee, Navajo, Choctaw, etc, you're not American.

>not creating an anglo-germ-celt-italian-slavic master race

Not a valid comparison, the UK is still overwhelmingly homogeneous yet anti immigration sentiment is rampant already. The US literally went from 85% British origin to less than 15% in 150 years.. As I said, pointless people.

I remember reading all the 18-20+ year olds trump deported where sent to mexico city and they have their own enclave called little LA. They don't speak spanish and pretty much are seeing as immigrants by the mexicans there. Found it interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=_hIwyU44CEQ

I actually bought a bag of those from a lady selling them from her car at a mexican supermarket store parking lot. They are pretty nice. Should had asked her phone number so I could get more since I haven't seen her in a while.

I'm american though.
I have family members that fought and died in wars since before 1776.
it's stupid to identify as english or scottish or german after a certain point.

They were but it was stamped out. Keep in mind when WW1 broke out many Americans spoke German. That was quickly made a grave taboo and was not allowed.

wtf

You’re American if you’re born here, you cringefest. The natives have no more right to this land than anyone has any right to ANY land. How long must a people be settled in “stolen” land before it is there’s?

My case is a special one. They're not an immigrant community, they're exiles who have relocated as a whole to the U.S. and other countries gradually over the last 100 years: Despite my effort to keep them from going extinct by mastering my heritage, one cannot deny their 1st world diaspora is pitiful and problematic.

Just imagine this, and realize it actually happened: a supreme religious leader raised to the position at 11 years old with no higher authority because his last two predecessors got killed or died in warfare gets kicked out of the country his people had been kicked into less than 20 years earlier due to that war, officially relocates the church to Chicago, Illinois in 1940, and then himself gets killed in his own home by one of his own followers. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar_Eshai_Shimun_XXIII atour.com/people/20080516a.html

I'm extremely frustrated by the lack of recognition, not for their sake per se but for society at large which has been conned into thinking they're just like anyone else when they're literally not on the map, and also duped into thinking their society is consistent with Westernism because of their single-minded devotion to Christianity in contrast with their neighbors.

In the 2010s, both his successor and his Catholic counterpart were buried in the U.S. Are 100% European bishops being buried in the U.S. all the time? Perhaps this means my heritage is more American than Anglo-Saxons and Hispanics?

Oh, I should add that the church leadership was relocated back after that successor's death, in 2015.

At least now I know where to go if they ever take me back.

I think nobody gives a fuck about them.

A lot of Americas take pride in their ancestry. Schools in America give students projects to find out where their family's came from. My ancestors came from Germany and Ireland, so when presenting to the class I'd say I'm both Irish and German, that's pretty much why.

Attached: Dio.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

I used to live near a russian neighborhood, worst fucking place I've ever lived in. It was like living in an insane asylum.

Mexican born U.S citizen here. Born in Guerrerro, family is still very traditionally Mexican. My city is legit 95% hispanic mostly from 1st, and 2nd gen families from Michoacan and Guerrero. The thing I find most weird however is that "white" americans see Mexican culture as chic or hipster. I almost want to call them Mexiboo's.
Another cool thing is all of our public sector jobs seem to be filled by mexicans as well, cops, especially cops. I've always felt like I belonged and non-mexicans were the ones who needed to integrate.

california or texas?

Yeah, i heard russians in us settle when even niggers run away from certain neighborhood.

Call centers pay enough to have a comfy life in Mexico city

Lol I've never heard of that

you work in one?

My mom makes a mean caldo de res. We love our pork as well, typically friend and in a spicy green sauce.

Sounds cringe

what happens here

Attached: 4138198C-0114-4626-B779-DFC1751CB4A1.jpg (600x457, 62K)

Sounds based

Sounds cringe

Just a really nice forest and lots of small towns.

Tomatillo based sauces are the best.

Do you not consider people from the Caribbean to be your diaspora?

people in texas still speak german

SoCal

Attached: tumblr_le62yuUjVe1qaj6h8o1_1280 - Copy (2).jpg (700x396, 107K)

Disgusting traitors
If they emmigrated afterwards then just opportunistic

Pennsylvania German, the language of the Amish, is spoken in "Pennsylvania; Ohio; Indiana; Ontario; elsewhere in North America and some spots in Central America" according to Wikipedia. So Texas is just one of at least four states like that.

, it's frequently illegal for members of it to marry most people of the same race in the world who are Muslims
huh

Left around the time of the Mayflower and have been proud New Englanders ever since. Fuck you redcoat scum :)

Attached: SOCKS.jpg (414x508, 101K)

>irish
>mayflower
hmmm

Sounds extremely based, what city?

Attached: AEEDFBBB-9A19-4FD8-AF7D-5541848EDAA6.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Sounds extremely cringe, what city?

McAllen?
Laredo?

>tfw we have actual spaniards and some people call them hispanic.

They were islanders so they weren't the sharpest tools in the shed but it really pissed my wog mate off.

Canary Islanders?

Nvmd I misread

I mean like solomon islanders, you know polynesian.

Solomon Islanders are Melanesian

We just called them Fobs and islanders, we never got specific but thank you for correcting me.

Attached: 1518306785552.jpg (1024x518, 53K)

I'm not at all Irish faggot.

Attached: MicksBTFO.jpg (450x588, 61K)

What's up with the clover in that pepe, then
Welcome

Lately, brazilians who migrate to the US are swarming Florida for some reason that i don't know and they all are rich normies, most are obnoxious and shallow.

The only brazilians living there that i admire are the ones who became police officers or joined the military.

That's bs and you know it. Mexicans who emigrate to the US are all about 'muh culture' and shit until they're forced to come back (either because you're deported or you gotta visit la familia) then, they'll be gloating about all the things they've become and have living in Murica. Plus they spend half the time talking in an ugly mix of english/spanish.

are you a bolsomito

They are very different from us, closer to Canadians and are very very anglicized.

i voted for him

We actually have a TV-show where we make fun of «Norwegian» Americans

srly?

Idk the only thing we left there were horses