DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2090

DJT is a Japanese language 勉強スレ for 人達 interested in the language, anime, manga, visual novels, light novels and Japanese video games.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
itazuraneko.neocities.org/library/cor.html
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1543201630225.png (1280x1280, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PfFEPtJE0D4
youtu.be/I5Uo2UXGNbI
youtube.com/watch?v=EU-J73Y-lqM
youtube.com/watch?v=_xc4WgQhMDY
dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/152168/meaning/m0u/
japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/59634/non-imperative-て-ending-in-a-sentence
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The furigana for this sentence is incorrect right?

Attached: Screenshot_20181204-213102__01.jpg (1080x587, 71K)

YMO is overrated, please listen to Happy End too
youtube.com/watch?v=PfFEPtJE0D4

Happy End's self-titled is far superior.
youtu.be/I5Uo2UXGNbI

做す

No. あした and あす are both words for "tomorrow" that can be written 明日. There's also a third possible reading みょうにち.

Attached: 43633601.png (480x723, 149K)

Attached: 51cEzW72JTL.jpg (500x496, 49K)

ひだまりです

Attached: 1520542982330.gif (269x353, 1.21M)

lacking WIDE

Attached: 1490310447307.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

>俺の指導があればこそだな
Is this just "only if you have my guidance"? こそ here just means "only/in particular" right?

It might be.
Depending on context it could also be "It's precisely because you have my guidance."

Daily reminder that you can make it /djt/
1.3 years ago I started, now have a qt GF in Japan. Never give up!

What if I prefer silence over a wet hole

I've straight up seen
トゥモロー furi'd over 明日 in a LN once to show that a dude was speaking English.

Any reading is valid for basically anything, it's just that some are more valid than others

Attached: 1543375289280.jpg (1280x1540, 221K)

Thread music
youtube.com/watch?v=EU-J73Y-lqM

Attached: 51y92f9RleL.jpg (500x500, 53K)

Reminder to set your Interval Modifier to 150%

Attached: 1537087049751.gif (1282x721, 385K)

reminder to report spammers

I always thought that having a favorite kanji was stupid, but just look at this one

Attached: Capture.png (508x490, 286K)

Is this band popular in Japan?

昔、人気がありました。

Then you're a fucking faggot

Oh no, how will I tell my dad

youtube.com/watch?v=_xc4WgQhMDY

Attached: E79BA5.png (300x300, 11K)

This one is nice too, I really like when the kanji shows the object in question, but usually these kanji are quite uncomplicated like 林 森 or 峠. Remembering kanji like these is a breeze

I basically learned english through immersion, playing runescape back in 2010 etc. And the results are all around pretty good, i'm in the top 3-2% of my age group in English based on national exams so it is pretty safe to say that i learn fairly well through immersion, so how the fuck do i do immersion in jap?

Attached: 1541402418200.png (1000x815, 676K)

Play runescape in jap

Attached: 1499731772723.jpg (600x742, 64K)

Woah

I fell for the same meme, immersion works so much better when you're a teen, it will take a much bigger amount of work to learn Japanese than English, at least that is my experience

Don't underestimate getting that base level under the belt, you were forced to buld a foundation through language classes in school up to a point.

There is no way around this but to put in at least a year of work before the immersion can really kick in. After that you can do the same for any language: just consume media until you feel confident enough to communicate with people online. Speaking would come afterwards unless you live in Japan, then you should prioritize it.

ごめんなさい 自閉症を持っているので直視出来ない

>i'm in the top 3-2% of my age group in English
I have simply presumed that 98% of Finns naturally possess the native tier proficiency in English.

Attached: F876321D-4EC0-4A84-9A7A-DEFA0CEF4E4A.jpg (234x234, 19K)

If you're top 2-3% then I'm top 1% since percentages are listed from lowest to highest and I is supposed to be capitalized.

It's just selection bias, if we would judge the ability of the average Japanese persons English by people in this thread it would lead to similar expectations.

You probably are though or are you saying out of a sample of 100 random Polish people your English would be most likely worse than others?

I'm obviously the best!

I want to watch はたらく細胞 but I'm forced to use English subtitles to understand, feels torturous

していない ending up as してね is a thing, right?

Attached: 1540186772407.gif (645x773, 9K)

ない becoming ねぇ is common

>ねぇ
There's no ぇ, but here's (some of) the text.
It just doesn't seem to make sense if it's in the context of a request. It'd be too strong, doesn't seem to line-up with the following dialogue, and using 期待 that way seems weird in the first place.

Attached: FFXIV - Gridania introduction.png (464x182, 45K)

しているね

or maybe not :DDDDDDDDD

If only the English """translation""" for the game was reliable.

Attached: 1526858984049.jpg (250x186, 5K)

10回くらい見ると耳が慣れてくるね
英語のニュースも

I think the first two sentences are like one long sentence with the order inverted: そのようになってくれることを期待して、君たちを必要としている。

We all have need of you adventurers' power. With the expectation that you will become as the Warriors of Light, in order to take away the insecurities of all the residents of Gridania.

dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/152168/meaning/m0u/

Like he said, it doesn't make sense as a request. It doesn't line up with the くれる, and he would have no reason to ask them to look forward to that. The speaker is the one looking forward to them becoming that way as a favor to him (なってくれる).

山手線

Attached: o1200120014315373054.jpg (1200x1200, 186K)

" Before I knew it, I'd already developed this sort of relationship with Rias and it's finally progressed this far"

Did I get that right?

Attached: 1350_0014.png (835x1200, 54K)

>相手に親しみをこめて依頼・要求する気持ちを表す。
how doesn't that fit the text or am I missing something

I read like "we are hoping you could become the light's warrior (the request) for us bla bla, ね"

Because in that case the request would be to 期待する, not to なる. Look at the example sentences in the link you provided:
>詳しく話してね
Tell me about it in detail, okay?
>やさしくしてね
Be gentle, okay?
>固く結んでね
Tie it tightly, okay?

>光の戦士たちのようになってくれることを期待してね
Look forward to them becoming like warriors of light for you, okay?
(???)

That てね is like ~てくださいね, which doesn't make sense here (期待してください?)

I lived in Kanda for a few months once.

Attached: 1542837288048.jpg (900x900, 82K)

I've completed the japanese, how about you guys?

未だ

I think you're thinking about it too strictly

there's no other は or が in this other then 僕らは so basically you can skip all the bla and get 僕らは期待してね。
on the one hand you could just pretend there's an いる in there, on the other hand sometimes sentences just end in the て form without being meant as an imperative, which seems to be the case here, because the sentence doesn't even make sense otherwise
I thinkてね here literally just emphasizes their request or them having a request

for example look at this
>Often the て form at the end of a sentence gives a feel of continuing (like there is more to say),
japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/59634/non-imperative-て-ending-in-a-sentence

which seems to be the case here as well

"ね" in your case is one categorized as ending particle, and not for the meaning of "request".
If it is so, the meaning would be like as >Look forward to them becoming like warriors of light for you, okay?
and it doesn't make sense indeed.
(I am not sure the nuance of "for you" here, though..)
And "ね" has another meaning for "allegation", like
>そんな値段では売れないね
>I won't sell it to you for that price, INDEED/DEFINITELY.
>I think the phrase "YOU KNOW" would convey the same nuance as well, but I am not sure.
>However, "ね" takes nuance of "confirmation" as well, especially expecting the lisetener's consent. But it sounds little bit discordant with your text.
often in little offensive, blunt manner.
Anyway, if I say the same thing in English, I would say
>Looking forward to you adventurers becoming like that warriors of light in order to get rid of anxiety of inhabitants of Gridannia, indeed.

Attached: nene.jpg (400x282, 24K)

Attached: vocaloid240.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

Sometimes I read something and it's so poorly written I assume I must be misunderstanding it. Then I read the English translation and it really is just that bad.

>sometimes sentences just end in the て form without being meant as an imperative, which seems to be the case here
>Often the て form at the end of a sentence gives a feel of continuing (like there is more to say)
That is more or less what I said in my first post but worded differently. The て is just a conjunction with the content that follows afterwards omitted.

>僕らは、君たち冒険者の力を必要としている。グリダニアに暮らす皆の不安を取り除くため、「光の戦士たち」のようになってくれることを期待してね。
As for us, we feel that the power of you warriors is necessary. For the sake of removing the insecurities of everyone living in Gridania, we are hoping that you will become like the "Warriors of Light" for us.
That is a very literal translation.

The reason the last sentence is concluded with て is because it's acting like a reason behind the first sentence. That's why I said it was like one long sentence with the order inverted.
>グリダニアに暮らす皆の不安を取り除くため、「光の戦士たち」のようになってくれることを期待して、僕らは、君たち冒険者の力を必要としている。
Hoping that you will become like the "Warriors of Light" for us for the sake of removing the insecurities of everyone living in Gridania, we feel that the power of you warriors is necessary.

These statements:
>"we are hoping you could become the light's warrior (the request) for us bla bla, ね"
>there's no other は or が in this other then 僕らは so basically you can skip all the bla and get 僕らは期待してね。
are all correct, but the dictionary article linked in is a complete non-sequitur. It has nothing to do with the sentence in question.

this is the true challenge of any language learner: figure out when someone else is doing it wrong.

>The reason the last sentence is concluded with て is because it's acting like a reason behind the first sentence. That's why I said it was like one long sentence with the order inverted.
the sentence isn't inverted, it ends in て because he keeps talking more in detail after having made his foremost request

>are all correct, but the dictionary article linked in (You) is a complete non-sequitur. It has nothing to do with the sentence in question.
it's not a non-sequitur if you are aware how the て works and the link says nothing about having to be an imperative, that's just the way it gets used mostly

I said
>it doesn't make sense as a request
because 期待してね is not being used as a request. The 大辞泉 link for てね is not relevant because it is the てね used for making requests, just like I explained using the listed example sentences in .

>依頼・要求する気持ちを表す
expresses the feelings of a request/desire

The Japanese poster in agrees with me:
>not for the meaning of "request".

Attached: 69915538_p10.jpg (2048x2011, 660K)

>arguing this much over the meaning of 1 easy paragraph

You guys could have read several pages of good shit in the time it took to dissect this simple sentence.

If you have any doubts, read it out loud and hear how it sounds. That often clears shit like this right up.

この
>「光の戦士たち」のようになってくれることを期待して
は、
>君たち冒険者の力を必要としている
の原因・理由になってますか?

The same colour as that persons hair.
That's what I thought as I looked at my blood covered hand.
Red... Hair more brilliant crimson than strawberry blonde.
That persons beautiful, long red hair. The same colour as my hand dyed in blood.

Attached: img013.jpg (940x1369, 96K)

in language things don't always have to be either one thing or the other
that whole sentence in itself literally is a request

and I'm really not sure if is good enough at english to convey his point
it seems to me he confuses request with imperative (as do you)

>依頼・要求する気持ちを表す
>expresses the feelings of a request/desire
yes, literally what this whole shit is about, convyeing a desire/feeling

oh god forbid we actually discuss japanese for once....

Here, the particle "て" is working as conjunctive one, and it seems rather simple rather resultative, than causative.(And it quite a bet seems teh same here..)
And yes, you can regard it as
>I need your help, because I expect you to become like that heroes of light.

>However, what is the difference between my text above and
>I need your help EXPECTING you to become like that heroes of light.
>?

I wonder in what process you have learnt our language. As any resourses available for free seem relatively limited in the fertility for their content, You should have spent much money for it, ね?

Attached: moneycantbuy.gif (500x281, 709K)

払いたら負け

>”ね”
>request and imperative
In fact, it's inbetween nuance as for the case of "ね".
As in
>女装してくれるね?
the speaker is asking for consent so it's partway inperative.
>In other words, the speakers is talking as if he know the listner is going to consent to his proposal.

Attached: ne.png (480x705, 90K)

wrong pic?

>Forgot 促音便
>払って
Btw for what stuffs do you spend your money mostly other than your dentist?

Attached: josiraku.jpg (512x288, 37K)

Sorry
>払ったら

>The same colour as the blood which dyed my hand.
Others perfect.

Nothing, ask again in a few months maybe.

As for 6-7th lines, you made it.

when wow classic comes out, change the in-game language to japanese

oh, overlooked those lines

That's mostly because Finland has a lot of antisocial people who love to spend time on the internet

>Any reading is valid for basically anything, it's just that some are more valid than others
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

>You will never spend your formative years grinding English whole grinding your fishing skill in Runescape
How do I play OSRS with japs

PSO2とかFF14とかをプレイしなきゃと思う

Does what I wrote sound right?
>アカネは最近アニメで苦しい思いをしておりメイド六花は彼女を幸せにするために何かする必要があります。
Should be something like "Akane had been suffering a lot in the anime recently, Maid Rikka should do something to cheer her up."

Since the Japanese thread is just for shitposting I'm asking here.

I'll probably travel to Japan in a few months, does someone know where you have to go for these small idol performances?
Can be a literally who idol group.

Do you have to order tickets online or can you just go there especially if it's a literally who group?

Attached: 1494731645140.jpg (1000x751, 93K)

What are some racist things to say about Germany?

You can always default to Nazi

you should ask that in the japanese thread though

I don't see how that actually connects with the first sentence. I think Germany is right here.

A perfect translation so I really couldn't point out any grammatical errors.
However, it'd sound betterl if you said
>>アカネは最近アニメでつらい思いをしており
>>メイド六花は彼女を励ますために何かしてあげる必要があります。

Attached: maid.jpg (554x600, 87K)

Okay but I asked the Japanese poster though

Okay, cool. Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

黄泉比良坂

>The て is just a conjunction with the content that follows afterwards omitted.
I think it's quite accurate. In, a kind of, the manner of inversion the following and omitted sentence should be
>僕らは、君たち冒険者の力を必要としている。
itself.
In other words, "ね" there could be replaced with "な" or even "だ".(It change some nuance though, but convey the same speaker's feeling of affirmation"断定").

Yeah i think you're right, my experience might have been exactly that with english i don't remember completely.

A lot of finnish people of my age are good at english but there are differences between the ordinary person and top 10%

hello friends

can someone tell me what the second kanji in this title is? I can't make it out at all and I have no idea how to write it out into jisho

Attached: DtqtfkCVAAAYCKK.jpg (1475x2048, 330K)

I already learnt Japanese through immersion. Just watch a lot of anime

Kanji will be a bitch through immersion and I would suggest actually studying that bullshit