Euros of Jow Forums, do you personally know people who fought or died during WW2?

Euros of Jow Forums, do you personally know people who fought or died during WW2?

What happened to your grandparents, greatgrandparents during this time, were they conscripted? Did they have to move away due to the war? I'm especially interested in Russians, eastern Euros and Germans since they were the most affected

Attached: 5093ead6ee1b127bea3bb01d9da6b332.jpg (1024x679, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

obd-memorial.ru/html/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Three brothers went to fight the soviets. Only my great grandfather came back

>WW2 ended in 1945
>had to be born in 1930 at the very latest
>at least 88 years old in 2018
>"do you personally know "
lol
Yeah, my grandfather fought in it, but he died in 1998. Never talked about it, probable because I was too young, but when my aunt died a few years, some of his buddies came to her funeral. Got drunk. Told stories. Don't know how real they were, since it was some gruesome shit (burning people who came to kill him alive by setting the sauna on fire), but at least some of it was true. They also talked about my grandfathers time at a german labor camp, and my father had mentioned that in his rants about "fucking germans".

>do you personally know people who died during WW2?

>I'm especially interested in Russians
Don't know anybody, and don't know anyone who knows. It's rare thing in Russia.

Based Bolsheviks

My great great grandfather was a german officer who fled to argentina before the end of the war

>not knowing any war heros
fuckin pleb

Only one relative. MIA in 1943 in Kharkiv

my grandfather compiled a history of our family tree, i don't remember him saying anything about ww1 and 2
he did say that after the war his father took part in overthrowing the city leadership and helping establish communism tho

My great grandfather was hiding jewish family in the cowshed. After the war they immigrated to Canada.

great grandpa was conscripted in '44 as borderguard
never fired his rifle, he was economy branch because he was a tax collector
captured in '44, escaped ruski POW camp
conscripted again in '45, deserted soon after in transdanubia, sneaked back home

there was no fighting for this town, but the women still fled to a remote farm in the countryside and hid there till the front move further away

some american fuckfaces tried to bomb the railway station, missed it completely and sprayed the nearby suburbs, the roof of granpas house was blown away, fence shaven and the neighbours garden ended up in theirs

germans blew up the bridges when the ruskies came, one of their tanks turned into the river, its still there, with the crew dead inside

there was some fighting nearby the village i was born in, the fallen soviets were buried in the cemetary when the village was occupied

If any of your grandparents served in the Red Army or were accounted by the Soviet state, you can find out what happened to them here, you gotta know their full name + how its written in Cyrillic:

obd-memorial.ru/html/

My grandfather raped some french women. Probably a couple Frenchies running around with American bvll dna

Grandfather was a Nazi collaborator because his great grandfather forced him to fight. great grandfather was a friend of Mussert and helped him get rid of Jews.

We never talk about it as a family.

Attached: 1501135157360.jpg (713x713, 67K)

yeah my grandpa was a pretty big guy in the nsb too

inb4 for you

How does your family deal with it? They wrote a book about it with my great grandfather on the cover and then people started calling us asking us our opinions, it was essentially a hitpiece against our area for having some of the worst collaborators who got away with it.

My grandfather and grandmother were quiet about it, my father only mentioned what he knows but told me to never talk about it publicly or ever respond to any questions unless it's our own family.

My grampa was made prisoners by the eternal anglo and sent to a concentration camp in s. africa. He redpilled me about the cruelty of the ango race, they stole his personal belongings and they feed prisoners only with potato skins and hard moldy bread.
After some time they handed him to americans he was sent to california, he got paid more that he had ever been in italy for doing basically nothing, he lived comfy and also made a burger gf. Unluckily when the war was over, it was an anglo ship who brought him back home and they stole all his money again.

Damn polish death camps were really terrible, how did they get away with it.

GREAT GRANDPA KILLED LIKE 1000 SOVIETS

Out of the two branches I know about, one didn´t fought, but hid Russians in the barn and in the second one most of family died to illness leaving only my grandfather and my great-grandmother alive.

My grandma was 11 back then, at beginning of war in 1941 Croats slaughtered nearby villages by baiting people to come in center of village on a specific date after making report of every single Serb inhabitant saying how nothing would happen to them, word spreaded out and when Croats came and started reporting in her village they decided to gather up all guns when they come again in few days, her couple years older brother scouted and yelled when they were coming and they ambushed them and tied them up, one the most fanatical got away, the 4 guys were put down alive in deep pit and one young guy which was newbie was let go into wilderness because my grandmas brother said that he treated him and kids nice, gave them candies and that he cried during those name reporting because he realized its about killing people. After that Croats didn't return to their village anymore and they didnt experience war to the end of it mainly because Serbian Chetnik Royalists came shortly after and had clashes with Croats and since then they controlled mountain areas and villages across Croatia along with Partisans. My grandfather was 10 years old but he lived in Italian annexed parts and he says that Italians were good people that treated them well and defended them from Croats who used to sneak into nearby Italian territory to try and kill Serbs villages and small towns.

2 great grandfathers fought and both survived

great grandfather served in soviet army from the start of the war till the end of it, returned home, couldn't return to normal life tho,became an alcoholic and died at the age of around 55

nope, rough yet survivable occupation life, bombed a bit by americans and thats it

My great grandfather was an American marine who served in D-Day. He doesn’t talk about it at all, and following the war he became a detective for the Chicago police.

None fought, all either shot by nkvd or sent to workuta.

2 greatgrandfathers fought. One fought in 1941 (maybe in the winter war too but I'm not sure) during the attack phase of continuation war and got demobilized after the war went into trenchmode. In 1944 he was mobilized again and transferred to Åland in case of an Swedish (there was a real threat of Sweden trying to take the islands if the situation worsened) or Soviet attack.

And about the other greatgrandpa, I really don't know alot about him but I know that he served in the winter war and continuation war.

One great grandpa was a soldier and fought on the eastern front. When he was on vacation he anheroed so he did not have to get back

Another one fought in WWI where a grenade exploded his hand so he did not have to fight in WWII. This helped him getting in an good economical position. Also it is said he did not really like the nazis as he once responsed to "Heil Hitler" with "You could also say suck my ass"

The third one was a nazi and a party member. He did not fight though but he was a smart and educated agriculture doctor. So he was used to implement German techniques in agriculture for German means in Czechoslovakia (where he probably also had to do with forced labour). My grandma also once mentioned he knew Heydrich who was at that place during that time so there is that...

Attached: 1518611662623.jpg (900x900, 186K)

>all these people telling stories about their great grandfathers
>tfw surrounded by zoomers
oy vey, I think it's time for me to leave

So only one based greatgrandpa?

You belong to a cuck family

>personally know

My granda. Was conscripted normally, before the war. Fought from the beginning until the end, but stayed mostly in Karelia and Transarctic.

He was a normal human being after that. Can't recall him being shell-shocked or something.

Attached: KartaNORGE.jpg (1132x800, 148K)

One of my grandfathers fought in the war, but he refused to talk about it afterwards. Two of my great grandmothers died in POW camps in Russia, we still have some letters from one of them.

one of my grandfathers (mothers side) was in the 1st armoured division of the AIF (volunteer), but he died of cancer in 2008 when I was 14. he never told us any stories about it. the one time I asked he didn't acknowledge it.

Grandfarther on my dads side was an mechanic in the RAF based in N.Africa/Italy from 1940 onwards.

Think the one on my mums side just missed the war on account of being to young but had to do military conscription for a while in like 1946/47.

3 great grandfathers KIA 1 great grandfather WIA brother of my grandma KIA

Attached: Bkid0BLK3Mw.jpg (960x925, 231K)

no casualities on civilian side

One great grandad was in the Merchant Navy from 1939, another fought in Burma, and another was legally "blind" so he ended up as a prison guard where they were keeping Rudolf Hess.
All survived, not sure about any other family members.

Who is the based one?

Attached: 1530697306437.png (646x595, 280K)

My grandfather was a partisan. He met my grandmother during the war when she was a courier. Several of her brothers died during the war and her sister was sent to a prison camp.
None of my closer relatives that were alive during the war are alive anymore.

BASED

UGA BUGAR

My grandgrandma fought. She's dead now but I knew her personally. She started her service in the beginning of war when germans were in her Tver oblast and ended up in Vienna in 1945. She had one cool story of how she was guarding a captured squad of germans through a mine field

>refuse h*tler's orders to export jews
>refuse h*tler's orders to invade the Soviet Union
>instantly flip to the winner's side the moment they start winning

we were quite based to be honest, hopefully we pull something similar with the EU

My grandad fought in war with finns. He was captured two times and managed to escape both times. After the war he was sent to prison because that's how communists treated it's prisoners of war.

Attached: 1431665873405.jpg (650x910, 187K)

I know that a German soldier was stationed in my great-grandfathers home in WW2, he was the only soldier of the garrison.
After the war, the communists executed him and the house was defaced with "here lived a kulak, the people's traitor".
Grandfather was not allowed to remove this graffiti until 1989 and the local CP branch had a yearly inspection of it.

My grandfather's uncle was executed by the fascists and his house was torched. The main square of the city is now named after him
My grandfather has some shrapnel in his leg due to a bomb

My paternal grandfather was forcefully recruited in an SS unit and remained a sworn communist for the rest of his life
My maternal grandfather was a Partisan

My grandfather fought in NKVD organisation with Soviets & Poles against German Nazis. He even was in Berlin in May.

Attached: ord2.jpg (722x1284, 665K)

Swede here. My great grandfather got conscripted during the war but nothing happened since we were neutral. He later joined the governments railroad company to get out of military work

Attached: 5468423184.jpg (321x264, 15K)

great grandfather* of course, sorry

Pretty much everyone in my family was exiled to Siberia. Great grandpa lived till he was 96 but he didn't talk much about the war. He and his wife were exiled by the Russians, his brother on the other hand was hanged by UPA.
Grandpa was old enough to have grown up in Siberia and remembered some bits here and there - getting shot at by soldiers while running away with some salt stolen from a cargo train and his younger brother pulling through a sickness by eating dog meat to help with his malnourishment.
Also they've managed to keep a few family heirlooms all the way through the Siberian exile - only to have them stolen within a week back in Poland.

I know pretty much about my grandfathers and their brothers fighting WWII, they used to tell stories when were alive. My wifes granny is still alive, she is 92 now, but remembers blockade of Leningrad pretty good. My mothers mother and grandmother told me about what they were eating during blockade, how they had got to pet some animals from the zoo during that time and how they were afraid to leave kids alone.
Also my grand-grand father from fathers side was fighting WWI in russian expeditionary corpse in France.
Those who was fighting WW2: one of them was a lietenant of guards, was wounded in action during liberation of Prague. His brother was a fighter pilot in Leningrad. Mother's father was too young to fight, but her grand-father was in a war-engineer.
My exgirlfriends granny was german slave.

None of my relatives fought in the spanish civil war or the blue division, but my maternal great grandparent was a portuguese inmigrant. Franco*sts were sweeping the area for le evil commies back when you could get rid of anyone with an anonymous accusation and they asked him to help dig a ditch for the to bw shooting.
He refused and went to the portuguese embassy/consulate and they made him wear a portuguese flag as if he were a jew according to my grandpa.
Them they shot the dude that replaced him after he was done digging.

one of my grandfather fought as a partizan and he killed himself so the croat cunts wouldnt capture him
the other one was also a partizan but he survived the war

3 kids of a far away related aunt have been misding since the war nobady knows what happend so thay dont have a grave for them in the family grave only their names
they were from croatia

One of my great grandfathers was collaborating with NS, the Norwegian nazi party, and was subsequently jailed after the war. My dad remembers him very fondly, but their family were of course ostracized as all German sympathizers. Another great grandfather was part of the resistance movement, but don't know too much about what he did.

My grand grand dad was a head of a gulag camp in western Siberia. The other one was a cop. None fought the nazis

One grandpa was a Chetnik and thankfully managed to defend the village, but the cheftain was a bandit, as is with the village that was literally created by serb guerrilla bandits
Other grandpa was muslim, he got conscripted in the first yugoslav army but by the time he got to Belgrade, yugoslavia capitulated, so he went home on foot and ended up being forcefully taken by ustashe and managed to run to the partisans and remained there and earned a hero status when he liberated his town.
Interesting thing is, my grandparents met at the end of the war when chetniks surrendered the village to the partisans and the former chetnik grandpa went with the partisans to cut off and fuck up the croats that were running to surrender to allies to evade retribution.
Shoved many of them into caves where they got fucked up.

my great-grandfather was too young for WWI and wasn't forced to go to fight in WWII, because he worked at a very important trainstation and wasn't able to fight.

Other one was a nazi-sympathiser and also a doctor, so didn't figt in war, but still went to war-prisonercamp for some fucked up stuff he did (don't really know what; i will ask)

Another one got shot trough the hand and got sent home and worked for siemens in Berlin, bavaria and karlsruhe.

The last one was a german living in Sarajevo and had to flee with my grandfather by train, because they weren't very welcome in Sarajevo anymore

My granddad faked his age to get to the front. He was a sapper and got a Red Star for crossing Oder with the squad and building a bridge over the frame of railway brige that was exploded before by germans

all my grandparents were post-war or too early to really remember very much...

my paternal grandfather was too young to fight in WWII and his dad was too young to fight in WWI, but his brothers fought I think.

my maternal grandfather was born after WWII, and his dad was too old to fight. He was an american citizen in WWI and chose not to fight.

no relatives of mine fought in WWII haha. you're welcome krauts

Yeah, around 10 or so I know of, and none got killed or even severely wounded

strange family story:
The brother of my great-grandfather was a soldier in WWII and went to norwegia very early, stayed there a few years and died, leaving behind family in germany.
Turns out, he re-married in norwegia and there is now a little norwegian family-branch, which still lives on today

my granddad was a pilot in hungary and killed plenty of russian bomber planes. he didn't kill any people though, just communists

My Great Grandfather and his two siblings dodged the draft

Attached: pepe 3.png (1000x1000, 177K)

I think they have different concept of 'knowing'.

smdh all these zoomers with great grandpas in WW2

both of my grandfathers fought in the war.

My geat-grandfather was deployed on the Maginot line, was captured, served in a labour camp, then joined the army when the camp was liberated by the Free french army. Grandparents were all kids, they lived in the countryside and it wasn't really different from peacetime.

Also, my great-grandfather died in 2000..

>free french army
KEKEK

They liberated everything up to Ulm from the nazis :^) Then he came home.

Some of my greatgrandparents generation men got conscripted. At least two brothers of my g-g-parents died in 1939, one of them a day before Warsaw's capitulation. Anothe g-g-uncle managed to run to France and fought there, stayed after the war and started another family branch over there, but we've got almost no contact with them anymore.
During the Interwar, my grandma's father brought quite a bit of money after a mining stint in Detroit, unfortunately also sustaining a disabling injury. Shortly before the war he lended much of his savings to a Jewish banker. Both of them got killed by Nazis shortly into the occupation, because Nazis. My grandma died last month at 92 years of age, and she NEVER got over the fact that she had to grow up poor and with a shitty single mother.
My grandpa was 7 in 1939. Said that he mostly remembered hiding in the forest with his younger brother during the bombings and evading Nazis. The only member of the family old enough to remember WW2 that actually got over the hatred of Germas AFAIK.
I could also ask my other grandma. But she got diagnosed with Alzheimer's 15 years ago, so I might not get much. Her cousin always preferred to focus on the pre-war life in Pińsk anyway.

Attached: not me.jpg (500x379, 175K)

My great grand father was a fisherman in ww2, got shot by a german plane.

Also there were 10000 british soldiers here, like 30% of population at the time. So many of them moved in to normal peoples houses, my grandfather grew up with british occupiers in his home.
My grandfather also experienced seeing a german plane getting shot down and see the pilot arrested. One time also a bomb went down near the village and all the window in the village broke.

Attached: 966081b26077dfa1373f752e6d9c70a5_800x_a50_cropped.png (800x425, 347K)

Great grandfather was born in 1910,
grandfather in 1933.
Both were lucky to survive Italian slaughter in the mountains near Slovenia. The village bearing my last name was completely burned to the ground and my grandfather ended up being seriously malnourished, right after the war in 8. grade he was around 25 kg. Mom's side in the city didn't get much violence from the war as far as I know but they were forcefully italianized.

Granpa fought the Russkies in a machine gun company in Taipale in -39. His bro was in AT both winter and continuation. Other bro was a rifle man. Great granpa did logistics as a POG. Granma was Lotta doing visual air surveillance. All of them were in Suojeluskunta too.

Based granpa.

one grandpa in the war but i don't know much, he died in the 60s tho
other grandpa was a schoolkid and his teacher died when the town was bombed, i suppose his father must have been in the war but i've never heard of it

nothing, grandpa was exempt from conscription due to illness (TBC), didn't matter much though since we weren't in the war lmfao

>flag
>looking for Ustasha, Chetnik, Partizan stories
One grand grand father died by Ustasha, one was 7 when the war started and he is still alive today

Great grandpa had 7 skulls of russian NKVD officials whom he had killed on his bookshelf. When he died we threw them away but me and my brother decided to bash them in with baseball bats first just for fun

>Be my Grandma after war ended
>Still a child
>Americans were nice to the population and sometimes gave chocolate to the kids
>She and the other kids wanted to thank them for the chocolate
>They go to their base and to impress them they proudly sing the only song they know from English class in their school
>It is a jolly and happy sounding song called "London is burning"
>Appearantly the Americans had a good laugh about that

Good thing she was not in the Beitish zone

Attached: 1542096789121.jpg (511x671, 41K)

My grandfather was conscripted into the imperial Japanese Army Air Corps to serve as a Kamikaze pilot during WW2 and , of course, couldn't make it back alive from his first and last mission. Well.. When people talk about WW2, they tend to think mostly about what happened in Europe, not caring much about what happened in the Pacific ocean and Asia...

thats bc westerners dont care about zipperheads

Maternal grandpa was a flak gunner who got one hand shot off.

Paternal grandpa was a pilot for the Luftwaffe who was shot down over France. He survived the crash and the yanks stitched him together on one of their hospital boats. He was a notorious chain smoker with only one lung remaining. In the attic their is a photo album with him in his uniform next to the airfield.

that makes sense cos Asians don't care about poor and pretty irrelevant Euros as well.

my great uncle was in the Royal Navy and ran the liverpool-murmansk route delivering supplies and materiel to the soviets

Westerners are cucked anyways. North-west Asians (finnics) are the true masterrace

Attached: 20181113_131455.png (848x782, 1.29M)

the only westerners that care about the pacific front are Canadians and Americans on the west coast and also Australians. East coast Americans and Brits were obviously more focused on the war in Europe, although lots of Brits did live in Asia at the time and were affected by japans aggression such as Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore

Based Grandma

Sweden had absolutly no plans or equipment to do that. After all, we had sent a lot of our equipment to you guys. We however also feared that the Soviets might take Åland

Anything other than the Eastern front was just irrelevant skirmishing.

My great grandad was a chindit in Ww2 in Burma, spent 4 years killing yellow japs in the jungle and loved speaking about it

based granny

you still know him even if he died in 1998 unless you forgot about him, i don't get what is funny

Both grandfathers joined Polish commie army. One was in AT gun crew, killed someone and had to run inna woods until amnesty, the other was infantry radioman. One of my grandfathers brother was a a fucking rogue, he would buy or steal shit from germans and then he'd give it to partisans. He died of a heart attack very soon after the war and some of his stashes are still buried around our land. My dad told be how much ammo they'd plough out of the ground back in the day cause of that. My only living grandparent, my father's mother was young during the war so she didn't do shit, but one story she told me that I remember very well is one where Jews were being rounded up by germs and one of those fucking Jews, a sneaky fucking merchant/tinkerer, managed to run and started beating on my nans family hut door begging for help, although he had German shepards on his heels. My great grandfather told him to fuck off since he didn't want his family to literally die cause of a sneaky jew.
Fucking Jews.

Well you kinda said it in a stupid way. For Hungarians the expression 'know somebody/ismerni valakit' means that you have personal expeirence or familiar with somebody. So if I were to be familiar with somebody who died in WW2 that would mean I am 90 years old an I am 4chinks.

Great grandfather was a border guard i karelia, great grandmother was in Lottakåren