There are languages that assign gender to every noun

>there are languages that assign gender to every noun

Attached: 1532471689442.png (1228x1150, 191K)

>word ends with a or e/ė
female
>word ends with s
male

wow so difficult

these are singular and plural though what do you mean user

Attached: 1543560399306.jpg (717x960, 217K)

stop thinking of them as personified genders retard
they’re just classes of nouns

You learn new words in singular nominative case.

We also have dual, what difference does it make? Nouns don't change gender in different declensions.

Ofc they're not male and female nouns, the discussion is whether these genders unconsciously affect the mindset of the language speaker or not. I'm not defending this discussion, but I think people use words like latinx because when you hear latino you put men in a different level from woman. Again, I'm not defending this crap, but I think it's important to at least know what you're referring to, right

so it's like all of your nouns are irregulars?
do you have rules that dictate the morphology of these new words? can you give an example?

We have it too, I was joking with he fact that we use a/o for genders and s to indicate plural and they use s/e/è

desu I'm probably not the best person to talk about this, since I've taught myself english via immersion, and a lot of this talk related to grammar just goes over my head.
There are rules and patterns, so I wouldn't go as far as say they're "irregular", but I can see how it can be frustrated for a native speaker of a germanic language.
>tree - trees
medis - medžiai
>flower
gėlė - gėlės
>mfw

>I was joking with he fact that we use a/o for genders and s to indicate plural and they use s/e/è
completely missed it

Attached: q5OL30E_d.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Keeps the Ausländer shibbolethed

We don't even have gendered pronouns, much less nouns.

Can continentals just fucking accept that English is superior to their ooga booga tier ”languages” already?
Who the fuck even decides ”uduuuu this table is a male and this chair is a female”?
Fuck off

> in your language a noun, an adjective and a verb have three grammatical genders

Attached: 15399333217560.jpg (800x450, 101K)

based

Armenian doesn’t either, based

How can an inanimate object have a gender?

Objects don't, words do.

Completely retarded and arbitrary

How can symbols have genders?

>there are languages with no plurals
You know what I'm talking about, right Taiwan?

>can
If people say genders, they have genders. I don't how is this so difficult to understand.

It doesn't make sense to use words that express a certain gender for objects that don't have a gender.

It doesn't need to make sense. This isn't mathematics.

When inanimate objects are anthropomorphised in Lithuanian cartoons and books, do they have the same gender as their words most of the time? e.g. Mr. Chair, Mrs. Table

I never thought about it before, but it seems so. Although I wouldn't say it's done very often.