England wtf

England wtf

Attached: 42B11998-DC90-400E-BF5E-BEA3ACC7552F.jpg (550x435, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/08/16/15-companies-that-no-longer-require-employees-to-have-a-college-degree.html
forbes.com/sites/camilomaldonado/2018/07/24/price-of-college-increasing-almost-8-times-faster-than-wages/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_preferences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

england is little america

It has to do with the fact the English charge insane rates to Scottish students wanting to study there so in turn the Scots also charge retarded rates for the English.
Keep in mind England's university fees are astronomically bigger than any non-private university on the continent.

you pay for the best

meanwhile UK schools are literally the best in Europe
I wonder why...

Outrageous, why isn't the hardworking taxpayer contributing to the education of the middle classes?

yeah it's shit but it's not quite as shit as that image implies

you get given a loan from the govt. who pay your uni directly, and then get a separate loan for living expenses; both of which don't need repaying until you earn overs certain threshold and if you don't reach that threshold in x amount of years the entire debt gets written off

Are the University of Edinburgh and the University of Saint Andrews any good?

>why isn't the hardworking taxpayer
Because most taxpayers are middle class and higher since the lower classes often rely on all sorts of government hand-outs. Middle class are the biggest group of taxpayers.

We have this system too (for personal expenses and tuition which is 2k) and it's a fucking mess ever since our government found out they can change the interest rates.

>why isn't the hardworking Englishmen paying for Wahehehelelfef McFaggot to get a masters in old norse

>hardworking englishmen

Attached: haha.gif (250x250, 993K)

Yet you won't find Oxbridge tier schools anywhere in Europe outside of England.

This. You get what you pay for.

Attached: best-universities-in-europe-2016-median-overall-score-large.jpg (2000x1804, 467K)

Geez, it's almost as if student loans as a system exists purely to inflate the value of education and for the government to collect shekels or anything. In the Netherlands it's going to get worse than in America in a few decades because the government controls both sides of the equation. The government is offering the students a loan so they can attend universities run by the government. The government dictates both the condition of the loans and the tuition fee.

Though this will also bring some positive change. We already see that in America, employers place less and less value on degrees and more value on demonstrable skills.
cnbc.com/2018/08/16/15-companies-that-no-longer-require-employees-to-have-a-college-degree.html
This will kill the college industry (yes, it's an industry) because those pieces of paper are only given worth because employers decide to look at degrees when handing out high flying functions. If they find an alternative way to rate their employers, suddenly degrees become worth a lot less and less people will put up with the absolute mess that the modern college industry is.

You're looking at this whole system too much from the perspective of some free-marketeer. In reality universities in general are all running at a loss and all of them rely on state handouts. And the state gives them money since it has been proven that having a better educated population is overal good for the country.
You can't actually come up with a proper competetive university system. Cutting corners and giving proper education simply are in conflict with each other.

Everyone in blue has much higher taxes than England. That money has to come from somewhere

England is somewhere halfway when it comes to being taxed. Most of Eastern-Europe as well as Switzerland has lower taxes than England.

>Everyone in blue has much higher taxes than England
orly?

Attached: 1537740087413.png (962x820, 1.07M)

Anyone with r/europe cookies should be permabanned from this board

desu the Netherlands is only really good at being consistent. We don't have any top tier universities except for Wageningen but I suppose all of our universities are in general good.
Which is nice I think because it's weird to hear from other countries that universities are so hit-or-miss.

this picture is not in any order

Not really. Middle class survive on fake jobs that could have been extinct 10 or 20 years ago, but they still exist because these people vote

I think it is in order of pre-tax incomes.
Keep in mind most of these statistics are made by either butthurt Americans or people being butthurt at the US which is always ranked way too low.

>fake jobs
Like what? Trucking? Farming? Service jobs? Yeah I agree all of those should've been replaced ages ago.

Office jobs

Swiss less taxes than in the UK, our universities are free* and they are on average some of the best in the world and we happen to have the best uni in continental Europe. Rest of Europe is just sloppy with their tax money.

My mate!

Office jobs is a really broad term. There's many people in offices doing essential work, such as designing, planning, supply chain management, making sure workers are actually paid, etc.

Designers make my life hell! They’re fucking useless outside of paper and screen

>meanwhile UK schools are literally the best in Europe
LOL. Fuck.Right. Off.

Wherever you work and whatever you make and whatever you use to make it has been designed at one point.

It's no surprise that a system financed by the government doesn't need to turn over a profit to keep existing. Just look at the French railways. It is however one of the first things I could see the government abuse if they really need shekels.

>it has been proven that having a better educated population is overal good for the country.
I don't disagree, but I do disagree that putting tertiary education fully in the hands of the government solves this. A free market with little to no government intervention (including no student finance, no student loans et cetera) could meet the demands. As long as there is a demand and money to be earned, there will be supply. Not all private schools will end up being prestigious superinstitutions where the rich and privileged study under the tutelage of the finest in the world. Some universities will appeal to the common student and offer them just decent education (let's also ignore the fact that charitable institutions are likely to get involved in education as well, just look at how much the Catholic Church invests in education around the world for example).

In fact, you know how in America boomers constantly talk about how you should just get a summer job if you can't pay your way through college? That's because this is ACTUALLY how it worked in their day, before student loans existed. Even the greediest entrepeneur can't draw blood from a stone. If you want to sell a good or service, you can only demand as much as your clientelle can pay. Before student loans existed, that meant a summer job or a minor private loan was indeed enough to get you through a decent university (though not an Ivy League one, of course).

forbes.com/sites/camilomaldonado/2018/07/24/price-of-college-increasing-almost-8-times-faster-than-wages/
The problem is that, due to student loans being offered, tuition fees rose 8 times faster than wages.

In Ireland they arent free unless your parents earn a very low amount
so if your parents are hardworking and pay a lot of taxes, you get actively punished!

> supply chain management, making sure workers are actually paid,
All useless shit that could have been replaced decades ago.

Student loans will not dissapear. Never

I agree. They should, but they won't. Because in the days of the boomers, when a summer job was all you needed, there were STILL people who thought this was too expensive and they ruined everything. And who is the government to deny the opportunity to make a quick buck (considering even bankrupcy won't erase debts to the government, they're guaranteed to get their money)?

I guess I'll show my entire hand then. Ideally I'm all for a more free market solution that drives the government back, but realistically reforming how the government gets involved is more practical. Because nobody, especially not in Europe, is going to vote for the government to stop sticking their noses in our affairs.

In the UK nobody pays university loan back
t.brit in Milan

No more gibs for you march 21

are you literally blind, they drew you a picture and you still can't see it

God I hate Scotland so fucking much.
Forcibly dragging them out of the EU is one of the reasons I'm pro-leave.

They've already announced that they will keep uni free for EU students even after the transition period.

The EU is a communist terrorist organization which tries to steal nation’s sovereignty. It needs to be destroyed

t. belgian exchange student

>Drag them out of the EU
>Then boot them out of the UK
I would honestly be ejaculating for days.

He's right though, UK scholls aren't the best.
English ones are.

>Yet you won't find Oxbridge tier schools anywhere in Europe outside of England.
Says who?

>Scotland gets extra fast membership procedure
>England needs 10 years just to negotiate a Norway style cuckdeal which Scotland gets to veto to their liking

They should stay inside the UK. The EU needs internal satellites so it can exert control over the UK's internal politics.

Says international statistics.

Say rankings that are tailored to the English university system.

I'm sure your free university is better than a world renowned centre of free thinking and enlightenment.

>

Attached: 7847844652.jpg (540x304, 24K)

Why are the Dutch such anglo-cucks? It's not hard to understand that in other countries tertiary education is handled differently. In countries like France and Germany universities are meant to be primarily institutions of higher education, education is the key word here. It's silly to put them in same ranking with American and British schools because a whole bunch of the research in countries like France and Germany happens at independent (as in not affiliated with a university) research institutes like the CNRS(biggest in Europe), Max-Planck, Fraunhofer, etc.

Maybe he's just not as dumb as you?
>a whole bunch of the research in countries like France and Germany happens at independent
You don't think the exact same thing happens here? Fuck off.

The fuck are you talking about. ETHZ is consistently rated the top engineering college in Europe. You island monkies are far too arrogant

Tuition fees aren't free in Spain.

Learn to read Pablo.

No more food safety for you

Attached: 1539308323126.png (1440x1434, 911K)

Lol no. Normale sup and the X obliterate anything the UK has to offer you fucking nigger

>You don't think the exact same thing happens here? Fuck off.

What is the British CNRS? Google doesn't come of with a result. Just British universities collaborating with the French CNRS directly thus actually proving my point.

>the ass-mad Bulgarian is here again
Honestly, why hasn't he killed himself yet?

University in Switzerland is not free. It cost 600/semester at EPFL and that rate is likely to increase soon.

Attached: 1517423284151.png (600x300, 22K)

>free
Not even true. You pay like 500€ a semester.

>doesn't know the difference between administrative fees and tuition

This map is about what EU students pay for studying in Scotland. The English are the only ones being charged to study in Scotland. Dutch, Romanians, Scots, Swedes, etc can all study for free in Scotland.

The "tuition" fees are free (i.e. paid by the state). They just decided that the mandatory fee for student services is now in the order of thousands instead of just a nominal fee. But don't worry friend, they don't call it tuition fees so tuition is still "free"

Attached: 1540312344396.jpg (496x673, 130K)

IF you have to pay administration fees every semester at some point i think its fair to call it tuition fee.

UK schools were the best before tuition fees, they were only introduced in 1998 at £1k a year. They then went up to £3k a year in 2006 and £9k a year in 2010.

They're both good but Edinburgh is better and ranked 18th in the world this year. They're full of Yanks and Chinks now though because they'd rather take money than Scottish students.

Sounds like every university out there.

Theyre not, they have the most publications, which is very different because of how they centralise their research within their schools.

Does the UK have legacy admissions?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_preferences

Same goes for Glasgow

Attached: DtPkaw1WsAAbMDh.jpg (900x1200, 346K)

No.

My university has spend €4 million in the last 3 years trying to set up some branch in China using public money and is very rapidly replacing all Dutch students with Chinks/Gooks as well.

I don't think anyone on the board of directors has a clue why they get public funding in the first place.

This is beyond insanity. 80% of these names are not Scottish. and those few graduated junk like psychology or 'politics and sociology'