Show us your "city", Jow Forums, and tell us a fun fact about it...

Show us your "city", Jow Forums, and tell us a fun fact about it. If there are more than 500 000 people there you're not invited.

>Sudbury, (Northern) Ontario
>162 000
>the Inco Superstack is the second-tallest "chimney" in the World, and the second tallest structure in Canada at 380m (1 250')

Attached: 8vpypdtlfsby.jpg (4800x2460, 3.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortaillod_culture
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Leirvik, Stord Island (Hordaland)
>14 161 (that’s counting most of the island)
>lost of stuff gets built here with most of it going offshore to the oil platforms
>The Storen Crane is the biggest of its kind in Northern Europe with a carrying capacity of 1050 metric tons, height of 115 meters and width of 153m

Attached: A59D01FA-127D-4DCE-B3AB-46D0B3E567DB.jpg (2200x1467, 2.68M)

>Storen Crane
>Hey Kjell-Åge, what should we call this crane?
>I don't know Trond-Bjarne, let's call it "the big one".

>Sterling, Virginia
>Population ~27,000
>lots of tech companies have offices here, plenty of large data centers too
>home to the 2nd biggest mall in the state, and the biggest airport in the mid-Atlantic
Not much else to say about it. Lots of good, authentic cuisine here though.

Attached: passport-health-sterling-travel-clinic-page.jpg (900x469, 143K)

>that city planning
Good God...

I wish Northern Ontario would become it's own province or join Manitoba or something. Stop siphoning away the tax dollars of the hardworking Torontonian.

>Plovdiv
>~370,000 pop
>it's one of the oldest (maybe even the oldest) cities in europe with earliest settlements dating back to 4,000BC

Attached: YmAZx7N.jpg (3000x1857, 887K)

There are much nicer looking places here, but I couldn't find any decent pictures

Kek
it’s a kind of dumb play on words because when you pronounce something relating to Stord (e.g Stordabu) you cut the d
So Stor(d)en, the big one from Stord

One of the most npc city I've seen

>Ashburn, Virginia
>population 43,000
>70% of all internet traffic passes through one of ashburns dozen of data centers

Attached: 23D6F953-38C0-489E-8CA8-5630F182D87C.jpg (1200x800, 1.01M)

Anybody have that "balkanized Ontario" map, where we stole the UP from Michigan? Like that?

Pomodoro Pizza is based

I work in one of those datacenters.

The data centers are cancer. Loudoun county parkway is ugly as fuck now. I seriously hate loudoun now. All it is is pakis and data centers.

Kennesaw, GA
>20 minutes from Atlanta
>important Civil War battleground site (Confederate victory)
>lots of warehouses and a big quarry are main employers
>mostly white but black and hispanic make up a good bit of the population
>impossible to live here without a car
>cost of living is cheap, lots of people commute to Atlanta
>interstate 75 (Miami to Ontario) passes through the outskirts
>busy rail corridor, roughly two massive freight trains pass through every hour filling the downtown with deafening noise
Doesn't look too different from my neighborhood
Looks really nice. I love the winter but it doesn't get that cold over here.
All-American town right there

Fucking hell, forgot the pic.

Attached: Kennesaw_Mountain_viewed_from_Old_41_Highway.jpg (3456x2304, 3.33M)

Hometown is Qingdao so ill do that one, LA is too much of a shithole to talk about.
>Qingdao,Shandong
>pop: 9mil
>too many k*reans.

forgot pic

Attached: 1122955363_15284199882581n.jpg (1024x634, 171K)

I dont know anyone here, so I dont get out often enough to see anything. As long as Microsoft keeps paying me well, I dont mind the datacenters.

Northern Virginia is bullshit now desu

>pop: 9mil
Get out.

total land area:11,067 km2
im too lazy to find data for each district.

I don’t know anyone out here either.

If you haven’t been, go get some pizza at Pomodoro, it’s the best in NoVA. It’s just south of Dulles Town Center Mall

I live right next to Town center, in those apartments there. Probably cant eat the pizza though, got a severe gluten allergy.

I don't live in a city. I live in a suburban town that's part of a greater metropolitan area. Cincinnati itself has a population of 300,000 but a metro population of 2 million lolz

Attached: svpheader.png (1400x602, 1.26M)

That blows desu.

It is crazy tho, with as crowded as NoVA is, it’s a very lonely place. I’ve lived here for almost 5 years and don’t know anyone

My problem is I dont know how to approach people here. They seem cold and unfriendly. I just want some bros to play vidya or tabletop shit with.

I've lived here all my life and I I only see friends a few times a year.

well, most of my life

Same.

It’s because people who are out and about are just trying to go about their day, get done, and go home.

Join a meetup group for video games, DND, anime, or whatever else. Or just go on /v/ (/vg/?) and see if there are any groups in your area. Hell, you could start your own meetup group if you really wanted to.

The only friends I have live in Winchester, but because of schedules I only see them once every 3-6 months

I've thought about doing that. I really miss playing 40k and D&D. I'm a bit of a sperg though, so reaching out to strangers was never my forte.

Fair enough. I'm in a similar boat, but hosted a brony group (yeah yeah, laugh it up) for a few years. Made a few friends, had some fun, and mostly just spent the meetups relaxing with some new friends. We'd watch TV, maybe play games, grab a pizza, and so on.

You just need that mutual interest to get you started, talk to them online in between (where it's easier), and eventually you've got some good buds.

hmm you could take some classes at northern virginia community college for fun? Like a language class or something

>Norwich
>140,000
>Used to be known for manufacturing mustard (the company was brought by a large conglomerate and outsourced elsewhere a few years ago)

Attached: norwich2.jpg (1392x885, 323K)

That's actually something I've considered. Unfortunately, the language I want to learn (tagalog) wasn't offered last time I checked.

I doubt that it is... learn something relevant. Or, make an Interpals account and get a flip qt to teach you. She can come visit you and you can show her DC

>Sylva, North Ccarolina
>pop. 2,678
>A bunch of movies were filmed here, like Deliverance, and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
Other than that, it's super country and everyone does their own thing. Also barely any fat people live here it's awesome.

but there is no interesting facts about my city

Forgot pic

Attached: ar13211901227437.jpg (800x534, 467K)

My fiance is a flip, that's why I wanted to learn it in the first place.

Why not buy a textbook, use Duolingo, and have her teach you?

>Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
>229,941
>It has a long and illustrious history stretching back to 1967

Attached: file.png (1206x534, 1.69M)

How have planned cities been fucked up so badly? Literally just copy and paste the ideas that work in the Old and New world, mash them together. Don't go full commieblocks.

It doesn't even need to be a set shape. Let it look natural. Give it a flow instead of making a box or a fucking dolphin.

Duolingo doesnt have tagalog (yet). Most textbooks have all sorts of mixed reviews. And shes still in her country till April. Figured a classroom setting would help me better. Plus, I need an excuse to get out more.

get fucked buddy
>edmonton
>1,321,426 pop
>world's largest mall until 2004, now like the 19th largest or something, has the largest indoor amusement park, one of the largest indoor waterparks with the largest indoor wave pool, also the largest parking lot, at one point also had a massive dragon that spit out fire in one of the three (now the dragon theatre is the only one as the two others closed down) theatres in the mall, also has a massive lake in the middle with a replica of one of christopher columbus' ships in it and also formerly submarines ran in the lake until the mid-late 90s or so
>entire thing was funded by 2 slightly deranged iranian brothers who emigrated to canada in the 70s, also developed the mall of america

Attached: WEM.jpg (1024x768, 358K)

I don’t know then lad. I don’t know what else their is in nova

>emigrated to canada in the 70s
was wrong, 50s apparently

Fun fact: Milton Keynes is the only English city worth visiting and has been nicknamed "the city of dreams".

Milton Keynes' great success and beauty has made the rest of England extremely jealous and bitter.

Attached: milton keynes things to do.png (637x310, 176K)

Edmonton is the 3rd worst city in the (soon to be) Independent Nation of Alberta.

Was kinda hoping I could meet some anons from around here. At least then I'd have something in common with folks.

Scotland has that all for free

Attached: 8401036341_5617a28f28_o.jpg (1023x681, 103K)

>Spokane
>The smallest city to host the World's fair in 1974
>Over 5x the city's population attended the event

Attached: downtown spokane before and after expo 74.png (1914x1080, 2.09M)

gulliver's land is rollercoasters and shit

what are the other 2? i'm assuming red deer and fort mac as they're both shitholes

>Over 18
>Still rides rollercoasters

Attached: How-to-cope-with-your-babys-acid-reflux.jpg (750x500, 183K)

>Kyzyl, Tuva
>120k
>it's included in Civ5 as a city-state

Attached: d3a6571320819ddc208b1c5f2c3de37f.jpg (898x585, 270K)

Do you have steam?

>over 18
>breathes oxygen

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 883K)

Sure do. Only play PC games these days.

you can add me, Macchi30

This is lake Zürich, showing the eastern end with Rapperswil and the Alps. I love on the other end of the lake in the city of Zurich, roughly 400k inhabitants.

Attached: Luftaufnahme_Marktgebiet_EZL_DS_2615-16x9_1800px_Gerry_Pacher.jpg (1800x1013, 1.43M)

Apu avatar?

Man, those towns are ripe to merge into a proper city.

The most heavenly country on this planet

Attached: George-Bush_11.jpg (384x288, 30K)

We tried that once, we roughly had 200 years of war and blood feuds from it, thousands died, the area is still staunchly divided.

Yes

Fair enough. Smaller towns like that are nice; not everything needs to be a sprawling city. Enjoy the scenery, friend.

>Puyallup, WA
>41,000
>10th largest fairground in the United States
this place is boring as dirt, the only thing to do here is drink with boomers. there isn't even a proper aerial shot of the "city"

Attached: Puyallop_WA_Aerial_View.png (1132x684, 1.62M)

>it's one of the oldest (maybe even the oldest) cities in europe with earliest settlements dating back to 4,000BC
Based.
T. Fellow 4000BC european user ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortaillod_culture ).

St. John's

I guess for a fact, it is the oldest European settlement in North America that is currently inhabited, being founded in 1497 by the english

also it is cold, windy and wet

Attached: St-Johns-181832-desktopRetina.jpg (2640x1484, 278K)

I've always wanted to visit there and Newfoundland; is it worth it?

If you like sadness, seafood, and being drunk off your benefits 90% of the time, sure.

Sounds perfect

see
it's basically maine with more varied natural landscape, more colourful houses, and it makes ontarians and albertans quite butthurt

And the entire Province has the population of a single town in Maine.

t. Ontarian.

Looks comfy.

Petropolis, Rio de Janeiro
~300,000
It's about 45 minutes by car from Rio de Janeiro, and about a thousand meters above sea level

Attached: Petropolis vista aerea.jpg (720x960, 99K)

Kansas City, Missouri
>About 2 million people in the metropolitan area
>more miles of Boulevards than Paris
>more fountains than any city in the world except Rome

Attached: Kansas-City-Moving-Fountain.jpg (960x641, 97K)

>Port Townsend, WA
>Population: 9,527
>Each year there is a wooden boat festival and you can see lots of cool boats, people sail from all over to attend

there is also a film festival and this year Donald Glover was a special guest

Attached: port townsend.jpg (4288x2848, 2.87M)

why is your city named after another state

Go to Kansas and you will understand

I literally only hear about Puyallup in radio ads

This place makes me want to sleep constantly

>Asheville, NC
>91K
>Arguably the best craft beer scene in the country

Attached: 16HOURS-ASHEVILLE1-master1050.jpg (1050x699, 180K)

Hi fellow WNC

Hoy neighbor! You've ever had those buffalo wings at the Sierra Nevada brewery?

Depressing looking places

Beautiful

Pomona NY
Not much there except abandoned mental asylum Letchworth Village and a cemetery for unclaimed bodies from it. Both are cool.

Not yet - I've had a ton there though. Wish it was closer to town, hard to justify driving where I live when I can walk to Haywood road and shit.

>2018
>living in an industrial frozen wasteland

Attached: edmonton.jpg (1024x681, 128K)

>Tampere
>230k
>most public saunas in the world as far as I know

Attached: 83d8d80556f21cf68821eb09e0a14b94-700.jpg (1120x700, 153K)

But you have to try those wings, they have changed my life, and I've been thinking about them ever since I had them last month

founded by a viking kang in 997

Attached: trondheim2.jpg (3008x2000, 1.36M)

Wichita Kansas
We manufacturer airplanes. Also in the 70s and 80s there was a notorious serial killer here that would torture and kill women called the BTK.

Attached: Wichita-Main-Cityscape-Header-2.jpg (1920x1080, 501K)

>mfw i know exactly where that picture was taken
>mfw i live like 5 minutes away
JUST

Attached: jez2.png (883x594, 264K)

The river valley is nice, the further you venture from it the more bleak and suburban sprawl clusterfuck everything becomes

i know tampere from the hydraulic press channel