Why is Quintana Roo so violent when Yucatan is so peaceful?

Why is Quintana Roo so violent when Yucatan is so peaceful?

Attached: mexico-homicide-2018-states.png (2029x1326, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Santa_Cruz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War
nytimes.com/2016/05/27/world/americas/mexican-militarys-high-kill-rate-raises-human-rights-fears.html
inquisitr.com/3135597/mexican-military-kill-rates-leave-people-fearful/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would guess there's one shithole city that's responsible for that whole number, but I don't actually know.

Where do the cartels operate?

Cancun is both a port of entry for drugs from Colombia while simultaneously receiving millions of degenerate springbreakers who love cocaine. But the main reason is that Cancun's territory became disputed in 2016 and a war between cartels broke out. In contrast, Mérida is a port of exit for drugs directly into Texas than hasn't been disputed so far, while their tourist crowd are boomers and retirees looking for ruins, not coke.

Yucatan is full of Mayan bulls, a peaceful and intellectual people

Thugs killing each other because they are fighting for territory.

Everywhere, the only question is who is dominant in which place, and for how long.

Funny, because the last serious Mayan rebellion had its roots settled in Quintana Roo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Santa_Cruz

>bulls

Why not Rodrigo Duterte them into pieces?

It's where gringos live when they can't buy a house on Merida. Also, shitty government and high corruption.

why exactly would we fuel a power hungry faggot into power

While is pretty accurate, regarding Yucatán: I've actually heard rumors that a lot of cartel leaders have their families here in Yucatan (idk exactly where), and that the police and the cartels both agreed to keep their hands off the area for this reason.

Because muh gun control. If the government gave guns to the populace they'd be dead within weeks. Or at least that was the case with the previous PRI administration.

Based.

Can you summarize Mexican gun laws? I have no idea what they are. Like you can have rifles and shotguns right?

Because that doesn’t do anything other than give illiterate retards something to do on a Saturday

How can they be bulls if they are peaceful?

Attached: kara-boga-macron.jpg (838x559, 70K)

traffic routes. You see coastal regions are more violent. drugs go by coast.

Ten fucking years before Duterte. Fuck off.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

You only get one small-caliber firearm, it has to be registered by the military, and you cannot take it outside your house.

Cartels operate in Yucatán, I just said Mérida is a port of exit for drugs. They send ships, submarines and sometimes even planes (although that mostly happens between Sinaloa/Durango and Chihuahua/The border) into Texas. The difference is that Mérida isn't disputed, not that cartels aren't there. Cancún was considered to be a safe heaven not so long ago.

Oh, and I forgot the most important fact. There is only ONE FUCKING LEGAL GUN STORE in the entire country.

Well I don't know if that rumor I heard is true or not, but I do agree that cartels operate here. I remember going to a town outside of Merida and seeing an awfully suspicious house there.

>and you cannot take it outside your house
What about if you live in a rural area? Can you at least have it outdoors on your land?
Holy shit lol where is it? The capital I guess?

>submarines
That's impressive.

thats old tho. I remember cartes brough ex-soviet engineers to make submarines.
they are using drones now.

The cartels own submarines? That's both impressive and terrifying.

You never heard of those? The Colombians once hired an ex-Soviet naval engineer to build them their own narco-sub. This shit is common practice now, especially since the Cartels are playing with immense sums of money. I wouldn't be surprised if those sick faggots have CIA-tier equipment at their disposal, I remember reading that they kidnapped electrical engineering students from local uni's and forced them to build and maintain a comms infrastructure. I'm lucky my family is one of the safer states, far away from the fuckery of Norteno scum.

They look more like submerged canoes than anything else, really. This also keeps them off the radar, tho, literally. But their "submarines" aren't as impressive. Their planes are also small light planes for the same reason; they go undetected if flown close enough to the water/terrain. However, something that barely gets any mention anywhere is that cartels also use commercial airplanes to transport drugs, in collusion with both Mexican AND American low level customs authorities.

You should follow El Chapo's trial. Quite interesting desu.

Yes and it's military-run. And I'm not sure about the rural thing, but if the police don't see you there's no problem there lol.

Daily reminder that gun control is a fucking meme. A couple years ago some 18yo at a party (I didn't go to) pulled out a handgun after a fistfight. When there's only one gun store in the country.

I've heard that narcos hire young pilot graduates to transport stuff from Colombia too.

I'm saying just kill them all and anyone associated n a great purge via the military.

I don't think their military has that power, even if they had the ruthlessness.

10 fucking years before Duterte. 12 years of this dumbfuck war and counting. 3 times the murder rate we had before it started (7 in 2007 and over 21 right now).

nytimes.com/2016/05/27/world/americas/mexican-militarys-high-kill-rate-raises-human-rights-fears.html

inquisitr.com/3135597/mexican-military-kill-rates-leave-people-fearful/

Mexico tried that multiple times and it always ended up backfiring. Corruption is the single worst problem in Latam. If there was a leader worth a damn, they'd probably get killed before coming close to some position of authority. Mexico chose the democracy meme after being in a constant state of revolution for close to a century.

Fox tried doing some stuff and that was utterly worthless, while Calderon was corrupt and was never honest about waging his little war. If there was someone serious sending the military around the country, maybe there would be improvement. As it is, everything is retarded. I still don't get why I see military convoys in Queretaro either. Are they so incompetent that even one of the better states is going down the shitter? Everyone said San Miguel de Allende is getting worse with narco violence when I visited.

then why not use the US army? better than fucking around in central asia

Literally "muh sovereignty". I don't blame them either, since the U.S has fucked them over with retarded interventions twice I believe. Maximilian got the boot thanks to Uncle Abe, and the early 20th century saw the U.S marines storming Veracruz. Kinda iffy on that bit.

We have an incredibly bad history with your army. You guys aren't allowed here under any circumstances.
But beyond that, really, for what fucking purpose? Cartel members are already been killed without your "help" (it's not like you could just bomb our cities like you do in Syria and nobody would complain, cartels operate right next to everyone else, civilians). And again, the problem isn't that we are not killing cartel members, we are, it's that their niche market doesn't disappear. Cartel members are getting killed at a higher rate than people in fucking actual wars, in Syria. As long as there is a demand for drugs, and this pays billions of dollars 1000000% of what you invested in return, it will not stop, someone will do it. And as long as cartels have easy access to military grade equipment right next to them, I wonder from fucking where, *cough, cough* but it starts with a U and ends with SA, *cough, cough*, they will always be armed to the teeth. And as long as Mexico is between you and Colombia/Peru/Bolivia, there's nothing we can humanly possible fucking do.

>We have an incredibly bad history with your army.
Bait

A different argument for a different thread.

I'll just say, it has been way more times than that. And such things started since before Mexico got independence, as a fun fact.

feels good to be norteño

This reply is bait.

>It seems that not a single government in Latin America has managed to break the neo-feudal order imposed by Spain and continued by criollos. Even when each cunt gained its independence, they did not end colonialism, they simply exchanged one master for another, in essence becoming colonies of themselves.
Is this assessment correct?

This

Lets see Mexico has had 1 Afro-Mexican president, 2 Amerindian presidents, and a fuck ton mestizo presidents, some very heavily Amerindian. So no, the problems aren't that we are ruled by criollos. There has always been plenty of non-criollos in our politics, from a Jewish woman being our head of government, to a Chinese guy being our secretary of the interior, plenty of Lebanese senators/lawmakers, etc. Dozens of mestizos as deputies/senators/governors/judges, etc. etc., some of them really dark skinned. And businessmen of all types, with our richest man being a very dark skinned Lebanese. So no, that statement is wrong and a dumb oversimplification. Yes, being "criollo" usually means you have an easier life, and racism exists, but it doesn't mean you control everything like a dumb Jow Forums conspiracy theory about Jews. That's not how any of this works.