2 many languages in such a small space

2 many languages in such a small space

Attached: languages-of-europe.jpg (1600x1600, 929K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rferl.org/a/shocking-belarusian-president-speaks-belarusian-lukashenka/25443432.html
youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c
youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis
viking.no/e/england/yorkshire_norse.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=sjN9eB-JxHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Half of these are synonyms. For example "Bosnian" is Serbo-Croatian. "Franconian languages" are dialects of German. Scots is retard English. Sami "languages" are dialects of the same primitive grunts with no more vocabulary than "let us skin this moose". And so on.

accents are not languages

Nobody speaks Sami.
Nobody speaks Belarusian.
Nobody speaks Irish
Nobody speaks Gaelic
Nobody speaks Welsh
Nobody speaks Breton, Gallo, Gascon, Occitan, Franco Provencal, Picard, Norman or Poitevin-saintongeais
Nobody speaks Gagauz
Nobody speaks Sorbian and Kashubian
Nobody speaks Galician, Astur-Leonese, Mirandese, Extremaduran, Aragonese.
Nobody speaks Corsican.
Nobody speaks Voro and Latgalian.
Nobody speaks Livvi, Ludian, Komi and Nenets.
Nobody speaks Romansh, Ladin, Friulian, Piedmontese, Liguarian or Venetian.
Nobody speaks Aromanian.

Attached: tammy.jpg (300x225, 40K)

Attached: indonesia1.jpg (719x819, 183K)

>lists multiple dialects of German

You also forgot a good chunk of the Balkan languages.

Europe is much more relevant than Indonesia

>Nobody speaks Welsh
Actualy, Welsh is the most popular Celtic language if you count the number of people who speak it as their first language

>Ingrian
>120 speakers

Attached: 12462677859.png (300x171, 38K)

It was a shit list so I deleted it

nobody speaks Wallon

Belarusian is spoken by millions of people

>Welsh is the most popular Celtic language
Being the most spoken Celtic Language is not a good criteria. It is a half dead language doesn't worth that prentious coloring they made in that map.

I wouldn't classify them as different language rather as dialect, but each has a separate country with them being the official language. It is a similar case with Scandinavia, you can't compare it with fucking ''Elfdalian''.

Nice try you sneaky Flemish

you said nothing about relevancy in the op

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA.

rferl.org/a/shocking-belarusian-president-speaks-belarusian-lukashenka/25443432.html

Attached: lueueugue.jpg (480x272, 30K)

Occitan, Franco-Provençal and Gascon aren't dialects of French

>It is a half dead language
Then why does BBC have an entire Welsh section for their TV and radio?

Fair enough but if I posted Indonesia I wouldn't get any (You)s

fucking (you)whore

Here's one for (You)

>Nobody speaks Galician, Astur-Leonese, Mirandese, Extremaduran, Aragonese
Galician is a legit language, the rest is redneck Spanish.

Nice to see you getting along after the Hyperwar

My French professor told us that, "Spanish is just bastardized Italian...Latin that was left in Hispania to rot in the sun". Lol

Because BBC likes wasting the money they steal from British taxpayers.

Quote related is taken from the site called Wales.com, which is dedicated to promote Wales.

>The Welsh language continues to thrive, in fact, around half a million people in Wales speak Welsh; that’s around 19% of the population. The majority of people living in Wales can speak English, making Wales a bilingual nation.

To speak a language is a very debatable claim. Taking 2 classes per week in elementary school won't make any of them a speaker of that language. It is a novelty that will disappear soon. You can't revive a language that is not spoken as native language by the majority of people in ANY area.

Và in mona de tó máre diocan

I thought Basque and Catalan were the only legit ones and Galician is a meme that is pushed by few people.

Frisian and Limburgish can be genuine gibberish.

>Belarusians
>people

scots is not a language, it's a dialect, even scottish people agree

>Nobody speaks Corsican.
There are some scandal because people speak Corsican

Papua New Guinea alone used to have thousands of spoken languages. The human capacity for language is astonishing, to say the least.

Scots is Anglo-Saxon that wasn't influenced by French when the Normans invaded

Attached: italiandialects.png (2000x2286, 390K)

it's literally just a transliterated accent, any english person who has watched scottish tv can read scots

youtube.com/watch?v=le_uNGdpa4c

This is not English

it makes more sense to say a few languages just have too many names that are unique to different parts of Europe.

>2 many languages
>small place
>yurop
You're like a little baby, watch this.
This is Dagestan. It's size same as Slovakia or Eesti. There is more than 50 nationalities and 45 language group.
>tfw you come to neighbour village and nobody understands you(except you learned russian at school)

Attached: 35453.jpg (3482x1977, 2.31M)

Limburgish is actually a variety of dialects and a language. It goes over in gradations.

it is you are just bad at English
>when I sleep with somebody else I told her that
>it's there
etc, not hard. I can transcribe the whole thing if u want
.t yorkshireman
youtube.com/watch?v=ScELaXMCVis

Attached: 44063989-f176-4e8d-b2de-68a8d0f8c763.png (869x80, 19K)

And probably ZERO English skills.

Yorkshire kinda sounds Scandinavian

It is. You jus don't know English because you're some b1-b2 level non native faggot like ever other shit head in here that think they k ow English just as well as native speakers. Scots English is easy to understand and isn't a language.

Attached: 1535720646251.jpg (140x250, 3K)

Fuck me that's horrible... I can kind of make it out when there's only one of them talking, but when both go off I completely lose it.

aye it is, we still use words like Laik, which means 'to play' like 'you laikin out?' (are you coming out to play?) which comes from norse
viking.no/e/england/yorkshire_norse.htm

The story that I've heard is that the Anglo-Saxons introduced their language to the Scots, and then when the Normans arrived their language wasn't influenced by French and that's why Scots is the way it is

ITT: Anglos and Siestaniggers don't understand linguistics

>Nobody speaks Galician
Galician is unironically more rooted than Catalan or Basque. You just don't hear about them because they are not pro-independence.
You are right about the rest, though.

It's just drunk british english

>Nobody speaks Welsh
A fifth of Wales can speak Welsh

True about the other Celtic langauges though, they're pretty much dying meme languages

lol, no stâ a dî de belinate

They used the wrong colour for Romanian.

Irish people learn Gaelic in school, but the Welsh actualy use their language on a daily basis, and speak it as their first language

fuck that

this is true, all the road signs in wales are in both english and welsh

Attached: _45162744_-2.jpg (416x300, 38K)

hey, that was rude

I took ScotRail from Edinburgh to Inverness once. After you pass into the Highlands, all road sings are English/Gaidhlig.

my great-grandmother was a native fiumano speaker

1. It's a co-official language and enjoys the same privileges and protection as catalonian and basque.
2. It's not a meme language.
3. Did you know that galicians are the most powerful race in the world.

Papua New Guinea has like 800 languages

Attached: png.png (840x552, 106K)

My grandmother speaks Picard

Engage in learning it, then. Make it so. It will be like an enterprise. Go where no one's gone before.

English as the universal language is the only way to solve this mess.

Universal language = loss of culture and identity

and that's a good thing. Fuck different culture.

Also, even if everyone on the planet adopted English as their first language, it would separate into many dialects and eventualy branch off into their own languages

That'd only be true in the pre-internet ages.

Attached: Skärmklipp.png (424x270, 40K)

>Nobody speaks sami
That's kind of dumb to say though, for sure not that many but it's an official language in our country and there's loads of media content in sami. It was on the decline but it's been growing steadily since many young samis want to get in touch with their traditions and heritage again.

I was travelling to Northern Norway, Lapland and Northern Sweden. All the people there were white as fuark people speaking the major languages of their countries. And few hundreds of elders speaking Sami and road signs in it won't change this fact. Only linguist autists will learn and speak them, not normal people.

Nobody speaks Macedonian

MEÄNKIELI IS FINNISH

Nope

>finnish in sörmland
what?

I am a Bütschgi master race, and while I am tolerant mostly I will discriminate indiscriminately against Güürbsi people. Bätzgi and Bätzi guys are cool in my book so are the Bizgis.
Also, people that don't keep to Notker's law are not people but beasts.

Attached: Sprachatlas_050_Apfelrest.jpg (1500x1510, 1.21M)

Why so Cuck?!

>Nobody speaks Livvi, Ludian, Komi and Nenets.
Based

I presume you didn't actually interact with any sami communities though, and they obviously don't go around speaking sami to foreigners or with people that don't talk sami, as they all speak norwegian too. Even speaking sami in public was a stigma for many years and it's pretty recently it became more accepted. The source I can find says there's about 30 000 native sami speakers, but it's old and it's been growing so probably closer to 50 000 now, and the elders aren't more likely to speak sami as they were the ones that lived under the assimilation era and were forced to discard sami. And yes obviously they are white-skinned, where you expecting them to be black or something?

>Silesian "language" is in
>Moravian isn't
Why? I wish this fucking meme died. There are dialects of Polish harder than Silesian, such as Masovian.

What "Slavic" languages are there in Russia, other than Russian?
Where is Ingrian, aka Izhoran? It's small today, but very important.

>Nobody speaks Sami.
Euhúkja pájjkalaia sátaana sámit korpila víttun...

Attached: 1537394.png (1000x1000, 93K)

Pretty sure the "Slavic languages" is just a general label like "Romance languages" over the Mediterranean and "Germani languages" over the North sea.

What’s mockba

We are all cucked anyway

How are Ladin and Ladino (Judaeo-Spanish spoken by Sephardis) even related?

What would happen if Dagestan went independent? Who would be the leading nation? Would there be civil war Yugoslavia style and total balkanisation?
Reminder independent Chechnya/Ingushetia and the whole war was caused, because they attacked Russia and wanted to incorporate Dagestan into into their "Caucasian Emirate" after they went full monarchist.

Or would that be a multi-national country like the planned Idel-Ural?

Funfact, it's actually pronounced Maskva. Idk why people don't write o pronounced as a as a.

The Sami languages has 300 words for snow. Pretty useless desu

Germany more or less killed all their dialects. The only german dialects remaining are Bayerisch and Swissgerman

>latgalian on the map
>but not samogitian

Attached: q5OL30E_d.jpg (250x174, 5K)

You're dumber than you look.

>Nobody speaks Welsh
many people in the north use it as a primary language and nearly everything is bilingual even in the south

idiot
stop talking about thing you don't know about

>Idk why people don't write o pronounced as a as a.
The same reasons you still use ó: morphology and tradition.

Your proffesor should not say things like that.

Heng deg samefaen.

This, now lets listen to a Welsh man describing his feelings for those utterly cute blacknose sheep.:
youtube.com/watch?v=sjN9eB-JxHU

Attached: valais-blacknose002.jpg (700x467, 78K)

I expected them to look Sami. I don't claim there is no one speaking it, but there won't be people speaking it at native level. It is not likely for people to use it in daily lives, and there is no city where Sami is the dominant language where its spoken by everyone.

Any language falling under this category will disappear, and already disappearing. The purpose of languages is to communicate with each other, with globalization underway, there is no other way. There will be less and less languages as time goes by.

WTF, how do you know how I look?

Forest Finns

Well, I can see that cute flag of yours, normally a sure sign for high quality. Then I read your utterly stupid and wrong post. So yeah, you're much dumber than you look.