Sugar

>sugar
>pronounced as "shugar"

Why does english do this?

Attached: 1445193991976.jpg (1003x767, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_National_District#Marchlewszczyzna
cyberleninka.ru/article/n/foneticheskie-osobennosti-severnogo-periferiynogo-polskogo-dialekta-hviii-v-na-materiale-polskoyazychnyh-zaveschaniy-sostavlennyh-na.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Saged for low-quality thread attempt

but you just bumped his thread

It would be easier to learn if English was written by something like cyrillic, so you wouldn't have to memorise both the pronouncation and writing.
But then it would look more like Chav slang or Ebonics lol.

Brazilians really don't have any ground to complain
Portoguese pronounciation was already fucked up enough and you guys managed to make it worse

Russian orthography isn't phonetical too. We have digraphs and etc, for example cч in "cчacтьe" (hapiness), or тc in "coвeтcкий" (soviet).

Are rules in Scots so complicated too? Or they are more simple, at least a bit? I know that Scots can have diacritics.

Baй ин тхe фyк вyлд ю вaнт Eнгдиш вpиттeн ин Cиpилик?

This is why Croatian rules supreme.
When you learn the alphabet, you basically know how to pronounce every single Croatian word.

Attached: 1541277064698.png (409x337, 184K)

Same

a -> pronounced like e
i -> pronounced like a
e -> pronounced like i
Que?

No it's not, you have those mysterious ы, ь and ъ phenomena and some words are not said exactly how they're written (believe me I have a Russian friend)

Attached: 1543176533801.jpg (303x335, 30K)

It's pronounced CUKR honey look it up

oh honey honey

But you have complicated stress system.

The letter exists in Belarussian too. In Polish it's y. It also existed in SerboSlavic language.

>singer
>sinker
why do americans do this

It's just shows that sound is soft. In modern Russian.

In Bulgarian it's a vowel, in Russian it shows sepration.

>stress
dud, đast memorajz d saunds, ics not det hard :)

>of
>pronounced "ov"

>woman
>wEE-mEEn

Attached: 1518723270605.jpg (1024x630, 56K)

We literally read -ogo as -ava

It's even harder than in Russian, I guess. Your vowels can be long/short and stressed/nonstressed. And you have musical stress too.

It's the same to Latvian or Lithuanian.

Why the fuck would hard sign be a vowel? That's absolutely retarded.
Couldn't they invent a new letter for that during communist reform of their alphabet, like they removed yus and yat.
How are they not confusing soft sign and it as a letter when used.

Spanish is literally the most logical language in that sense

>this post
English written in Cyrillic is a mistake

I don't understand what are you talking about. Actually communists wanted to completly change our orhography (saving Cyrillic) but Stalin banned this.

He banned latinisation at first, and a different Cyryllic-based orthography at second.

>Why the fuck would hard sign be a vowel? That's absolutely retarded.

In ancient Russian it was very short vowels actually. In modern Bulgarian it's still a vowel.

>How are they not confusing soft sign and it as a letter when used.

It's a question of habbit, I guess. It can look retarded only if your native language doesn't use it. If it does - it would look normal anyway.

They have different pronunciations for "i". Why they can't decide one?

I meant Bulgarian communists. They removed few letters from their alphabet. Like yus and yat in your.
Only Bulgarians and Poles used the yus sound. Today some Bulgarian dialects in Macedonias still do that.

What were those complete changes of your ortography?
On the two Polish autonomies established during korenisation politics, they also wanted to reform our ortography, seen as "bourgeoisie". Letters like u/ó would be the same.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_National_District#Marchlewszczyzna
For some reason there is not much info on that on the English article.

I know the article about eastern Polish (in modern Belarus) and it's actually had a different orthography than Polish from Poland has.

I can try to search the article if you can read Russian.

It's a silly language

Attached: ghoti-fish-english1.png (663x456, 37K)

cyberleninka.ru/article/n/foneticheskie-osobennosti-severnogo-periferiynogo-polskogo-dialekta-hviii-v-na-materiale-polskoyazychnyh-zaveschaniy-sostavlennyh-na.pdf

the article

Do you have example of a text in this kind of Polish?

Agreed, some words just couldn’t be written right as well. The phonetics would be completely wack.

hungarian has the same, but it's still fuckretarded to learn. Conjugation and context is usually more difficult than interpretation, unless you have some crap inefficient system like kanji

>Dearest creature in creation
Studying English pronunciation,
I will teach you in my verse
Sounds like corpse, corps, horse and worse.

I will keep you, Susy, busy,
Make your head with heat grow dizzy;
Tear in eye, your dress you'll tear;
Queer, fair seer, hear my prayer.

Pray, console your loving poet,
Make my coat look new, dear, sew it!
Just compare heart, hear and heard,
Dies and diet, lord and word.

Sword and sward, retain and Britain
(Mind the latter how it's written).
Made has not the sound of bade,
Say-said, pay-paid, laid but plaid.

This is an excerpt of a poem called The Chaos by Gerard Nolst Trenité, you should check it out. Even native English speakers will fuck this up.

french is much worse to be honest

It generally surprised me, that everytime you write something in cyrillic - It's written the same way as it's pronounced. Even in languages like English, which pronounce and write stuff differently.

This is why English written in cyrillic looks like that, like a chav saying U WOT M8 INGURLUUUND and such, total retarded.

I generally also view it weird that languages used the same symbols for letters and numbers, how would they not be confused. Latin, Greek, idk what cyrillic users used before introduction of the European numerals.