This could be part of Germany right now

But it's not. Lol

Attached: Sprachen_in_Elsass-Lothringen.svg.png (2000x2777, 1.03M)

Attached: 1534365114201.png (317x293, 45K)

Das could be part of Frankreich right now...
But it's nein. Kek

Attached: 88.jpg (650x511, 174K)

Would be a better analogy if Saarland was historically French-speaking, as Alsace-Lorraine is a historically German-speaking region. But Germans have never been able to conquer French land for a significant period of time, unlike the French who still own Alsace-Lorraine.

Just remember French wanted to make Luxembourg 2.0 from Saarland, not annex it.

I thought only Alsace was German-speaking?

yeah, it was totally the French who conquered it in the world wars, those great warriors

Attached: tour the france 1940.jpg (878x1141, 69K)

>occupation is equal to conquer

Attached: 1533690203338.png (213x237, 8K)

>i-it took five of you to beat me!!
The French could use the same argument for the Napoleonic Wars, yet they don't because they're not as pitiful a race as Germans.

no they couldn't. Germany didn't exist during the Napoleonic wars. When united Germany fought united France, France got btfo. Only got their asses saved when Russians, Americans and bongs came for their rescue

Considering that Vichy almost did the job themselves, its not far of a fetch

Or are you implying the meme that is the french resistance?

The fact that Germany was "united" didn't play that much of a role in France's defeat in 1871. It was mostly that Prussia was a militaristic nation that had better doctrines, and a more modern army with better supply lines, while France was a declining power. I mean, what did you expect? Prussia was invaded by France in 14 days during the War of the Fourth Coalition, and they spent every single day after the occupation was lifted building a better military in order to defeat France, whereas France was still reeling from the Concert of Europe, had a declining birthrate and was suffering revolution after revolution. Not to mention that Napoleon III was a weak ruler.

>The fact that Germany was "united" didn't play that much of a role in France's defeat in 1871.
it did, you brainlet. Prussia spent the years before that war uniting Germany, the war of France was the climax in the unification process. by that point Prussia already encompassed most of Germany
and France didn't decline since 1815, they played big imperialists until they finally got btfo in 71 in the 1840s they even attempted to pressure the German states into ceding the Rhineland

Birthrates doesnt play a role in

I'm not saying Germany wasn't united, I'm saying it wasn't the deciding factor.
>France didn't decline after 1815
Please. France suffered three violent regime changes from 1815 to 1871, lost most of its manpower during the Napoleonic Wars, had a stagnant military(whose only conquests were the almighty Algeria, and whose only significant conflict during that period was a small-scale war against Russia) and most of all mediocre leadership. Prussia was the stronger nation, not because of some inherent strength gained from the unity of all the Teutons(that's a very naive take on the events), but because it was rising where France was declining. Furthermore, Bismarck was a brilliant statesman, but not an exceptional one. He benefited a lot from the mediocre characters of his contemporaries, especially Napoleon III, who he called his "greatest assistant" in his autobiography. A competent French ruler could have had Austria on his side during the Franco-Prussian War; a slightly more competent one could have prevented German unification. I'm ready to explain how if you really want to.

*not yet

;)

The Anschluss will come if you like it or not

chinless virgin

based

Sarrelouis used to be French speaking. Eg. the marshal Ney was born there and his mother tongue was French

Prussia and Saxony declared war on France in the war of the 4th Coalition, outnumbered France, and yet got absolutely obliterated in 15 days.

>A competent French ruler could have had Austria on his side during the Franco-Prussian War
Untrue. Russia threatened to go to war on the side of Prussia if Austria sided France. Napoleon could have better prepared before declaring war, the French had as many troops as the Germans and yet they only fielded half of what the Germans fielded in the main battles because of mobilization delays

how Prussia and the other german states managed to mobilize a force almost 4 times the size of the french one at the beginning of tge war was a more important factor than the other things you listed
also france had incompetent generals chosen for their political affiliation and the prussians had recent experience in modern war against the austrians

>France didn't decline since 1815
france went from the most powerful country in Europe to a country with a change of regime every 15 years, a stagnant military, a slow industrialization, a population lower than the UK, and an economy struggling against the German economy despite having the second largest empire
It's the century when France has known its biggest decline

also they didn't "play big imperialists" until the 80s