What is Australian culture exactly? Aside from Fosters, Kangaroos, posionous snakes and spiders they don't have any...

What is Australian culture exactly? Aside from Fosters, Kangaroos, posionous snakes and spiders they don't have any. Crocodile dundee? A script read in an australian accent. Cuisine? A cheap chinese made knock off of marmite. Fairy bread? That's a yikes from me. They glorify criminals like chopper reed. A wannabe charles bronson. And then we have ned kelly, or as australians would say nid killy. An Irishman convicted for trying to rape an english woman sent to australia. Lo and behold, he continues to be a criminal. And australians view this man as a god.

Attached: DVCGvEDUQAI75xC.jpg (634x763, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lagerphone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hahndorf,_South_Australia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they don't drink fosters lol

They drink VB, not fosters. Fosters is for export only.

>"Yes sir, I see you have a laceration on your finger tip. How did you get such an injury may I ask?"
>"Well, doctah shekelberg, I had a nice meal at Taco Bell. And when I was giving my 20 dollah tip to the waiter the edge rubbed up against my fingah tahp. And doctah, it dun cut my gosh darn fangah."
>"It's alright, Emilio. We'll have a band aid in that in no time"
>"Thanks dactah shekelstein"
>"It's ok Emilio, that'll be $18,766 plus VAT."
>"Ok dactah, I'll geddat for you"
>"Oh and Emilio, don't forget the tip"
>"Yes sir, I wont. I'll get my wife to bring my newborn son down here on friday"

Attached: 03A9E960DCF9473282C50253F00B88B1.jpg (640x379, 229K)

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lagerphone

>going to the doctor for a paper cut

Attached: 1256161075107s.jpg (100x100, 3K)

>And australians view this man as a god.
He's a Kiwi, desu.

It all makes sense now

Attached: 1525469244934.jpg (920x380, 69K)

That changes nothing.

>And australians view this man as a god

Kelly or Gibson?
Ned Kelly is a meme and no one likes Mel Gibson

I'll bite.

We don't drink fosters, we export it. Literally no bottle shop sells it unless the bottle shop is a speciality store.

Australian culture is hard to pin down but it has a lot of roots in frontier and Victorian culture. Most of our houses are Victorian in style, and we still have a lot of cultural elements from the frontier/gold rush period. I was surprised playing Red Dead II because a lot of those American towns look just like a modern Australian country town, stuff like that hasn't changed much.

The cities are all different - Brisbane is a quiet family city, Melbourne mostly focuses on the arts, it has a thriving arts and food scene, interesting architecture, and has the biggest tram network in the world. Sydney is very finance-focused, Hobart and Tasmania is absolutely beautiful and it even snows there. You could spend years in Tasmania just hiking and exploring.

South Australia has a lot of very interesting German colonial heritage. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hahndorf,_South_Australia

Adelaide is quite beautiful, it's a city of sandstone.

I know very little about the Northern Territory and Western Australia, but I know that Perth has really good cycling infrastructure.

The ACT is beautiful with snowy mountains and wide open plains. Canberra is interesting - it's the capital city but it's incredibly quiet. Probably has one of the highest densities in the world of art galleries, museums, and things of that nature.

Our popular culture is pretty distinct from the rest of the world. We have a very big music scene of Surf Rock and Punk (which Brazilians seem to love because they're also into surf rock). We have our own cuisine which yeah isn't known to much of the world but it does exist, there are plenty of restaurants. You have to remember that our cuisine is descended from all sorts of cultures since we're a colonial country so it won't be completely distinct, but it exists. Remember our country is like 200 years old.

I could go on.

Literally all anglo countries are bad copies of america today so you're pretty much throwing rocks from a glass house
>Ned Kelly is a meme
Literally the national hero fuck are you on about

Nice spacing, kouhai.

Australia has bush folk music. It reminds me of the music people would make in Appalachia, with lots of homemade instruments made of random things, spoons, etc.

>VAT
You fucked up.

I dont know what you want we were an exported british isles until the 50s
Theres surf and turf instead of gamon at the pub and we basically only drink larger

Really? Not Captain Thunderbolt and his wily Abo mistress?

I've never understood this meme, I've been here for like ten years and have never posted on reddit

Attached: 1539907268948.jpg (443x455, 96K)

>I've been here for like ten years
You really haven't and I'm not sure why you would make something like that up. How old are you, somewhere between 18 and 22?

I'm 24, I've been here since I was in year 9, which was in 2008

Does Australians shortens the most words when speaking?

depends on your cultural class

bogan Norfs

Attached: 1538256277937.png (1366x768, 217K)

So which part are you making up or are you bullshit about both? Are you even aware just how painfully obvious newfags on Jow Forums are?

I mean I don't really give a shit if you think I'm le newfag, but I'm letting you know that I've been here since 2008 and that's how I have been posting for the better amount of ten years

Its because Reddit gets obnoxious with it, and nerds like him autistically stick the the 5 sentence rule. And on monitors, even that looks like a really thin paragraph.

But he's a short memory idiot who doesn't pick up books. Any books. Tablet/Mobile sized text is closer to common book scale text, and is what people who trained their eyes to books are used to.

This makes many screencaps look off when the text is tiny and spaced out super wide.

Sure some of those paragraphs were single sentences to separate ideas, but the larger paragraphs were fully formed paragraphs. I don't understand how these spergs think that writing in standard English form is part of le reddit invasion

Because Spergs gonna Sperg.

Like....
>Its because Reddit gets obnoxious with it,
and nerds like him autistically stick the the 5 sentence rule.

And on monitors,

even that looks like a really thin paragraph.

>But he's a short memory idiot who doesn't pick up books.

Any books.

Tablet/Mobile sized text is closer to common book scale text,

and is what people who trained their eyes to books are used to.

>This makes many screencaps look off when the text is tiny and spaced out super wide

Reddit mode.

americans know aussie lore :3

>no one likes Mel Gibson
Speak for yourself, Lynchfag.

I’ve never heard of surf rock and punk, what is it like?

just turn on triple J or Rage or go to a party, stuff like Hockey Dad, Royal Headache, etc.