What makes Italy a great power? Does it really have that much sway in the world?

What makes Italy a great power? Does it really have that much sway in the world?

Attached: greatpower.png (170x315, 6K)

Rome shall influence the world forever

they aren't a power, their military spending is only slightly higher than australia and they lack completely sovereignty over their country due to the EU

That list is very idiotic.

But Italy is quite powerful.
They have a g8 economy, decent military, and have a significant naval influence in the med, and East Africa.

Poo poo motherfuckers, we’re coming, update the list.

Attached: 1685DF4C-0C8A-45D8-A864-CF2E4CEBD98B.jpg (1536x1532, 571K)

>UK, France and Italy
>great powers

lmao

Germany doesn't belong on the list; France has significantly more influence than Germany.

Germany's only influence is in the EU, and their influence within the EU is greatly exaggerated

>France has more global influence than Germany
Would agree
>German influence in EU exaggerated
ehhh, not really.

>ehhh, not really.
It is by people on this website.

Macron has proven that Germany's influence within the EU is a paper tiger. As he has taken away so much.
Germany certainly is a major contender in the EU, probably the biggest. But acting like they own it, or are even as much as a dominant partner is ludicrous.

Depends how you define "great power" innt.
>Cultural
>Economic
>Military
I'd argue you need to tick at least two out of the three to be regarded as a relevant player

It's literally one of the most important countries in western history. And it's also one of 6 developed countries with more population than korea.

USA, China, Japan and Germany are the only relevant countries on your list. Obama said that Russia is not a superpower and he was right, Indians can't even afford a toilet and I don't even know why Saudi Arabia is on your list.

The only real Great Powers today are the United States, China, and Russia. India is borderline great power since they've got nuclear triad capability and such, but it'll take some more economic and military development before they could seriously consider going head to head with any of the aforementioned.

France and Britain get something of an honorable mention due to their nuclear arsenals, but they're both stagnant fallen empires. Japan also deserves an honorable mention I suppose insofar as they could ramp back up to Great Power status if they were to get rid of their pacifist constitution.

I hope you aren't suggesting that Korea is a benchmark for great power status.

>indian superpower
Only in their movies

Attached: i13460234555.gif (359x151, 1.57M)

USA is a hyper power (we have influence even within our enemies)
China and Russia are great powers

South Korea has one of the strongest economies in the world, and has the largest army in the world.

If it wasn't for the fact that they had an autistic neighbor they'd be more powerful than Japan

Their navy is considered as a pseudo blue water navy along with France and the US (surprise surprise).
Militarily, I think they're doing alright.

But, I'll only consider India as a great power (they've got the whole economy thing going for them too) once their gdp capita PPP reaches mid income (15-20k is it?) and their HDI reaches highly developed (0.700). I realize that geopolitical influence couldn't care less about life standards and per capita metrics but for me it does. But I'm just a nobody lol

>USA is a hyper power (we have influence even within our enemies)
>China and Russia are great powers
What are you talking about? So does everyone. What's all this shit for the last two years about Muh Russian Meddling? And these past few weeks with Huawei?

>saudi arabia
throwing a tantrum so daddy USA destabilizes another middle east state does not a great power make

our influence is dominant
Russian influence is minor, at best.

>A hyperpower is a state that dominates all other states in every domain (i.e. military, culture, economy)[1] and is considered to be a step higher than a superpower.

>Saudi Arabia as a great power
wtf lmao

Attached: yemen saudi arabia.png (874x569, 623K)

lol

Saudi Arabia has effectively been able to puppet Bahrain, UAE, and Oman. Without firing a single shot. They also have significant influence in Kuwait and Jordan.

Along with enough international politicking to prevent the intl. community from sanctioning them over Yemen.

Why do people consider Russia a great power? Small economy and zero cultural influence beyond it's own borders. Before anyone says muh nukes hard military power is utterly irrelevant in the 21st century.. South Korea via K-Pop alone wields more global influence than Russia.

Holy shit the cringe.

Attached: KORN.jpg (680x609, 207K)

Real superpower is only USA, and china is the only country that can fight against it. All other countries aren't related to superpower, including UK.

And let’s not forget the soft power they wield over a BILLION (and increasing rapidly) Muslims across the world through Islam.

By your logic the Vatican city should be considered a superpower

Based

WHAT ABOUT ISRAEL!

Attached: WMDISSSS.jpg (812x727, 268K)

Only retards view Israel as anything more than a regional power.

Egypt is more powerful

>A hyperpower is a state that dominates all other states in every domain (i.e. military, culture, economy)[1] and is considered to be a step higher than a superpower.
I know what the term means, I just don't agree with you. Russia's Iskander missiles are better than what the US is fielding right now. Russian S-500 SAMs are arguably technically superior and objectively cheaper (significant consideration in missile defense) than what the US is fielding in that realm. Russian electronic warfare is bleeding edge as displayed in Ukraine, Syria, and elsewhere. China's industrial base exceeds that of the US, and they passed you by GDP (PPP) measure a few years ago. Arguably the only aspect there where you could actually be considered something of a hyperpower is culture, and Hollywood is certainly a powerful asset, but overall each country has its pros and cons.

We're moving back into a multipolar world after a brief intermission after the fall of the Soviets, if we're not there already. The real question is whether the US will respond to this Thucydides Trap or simply let the empire crumble.

Someone should edit this so the United States is grabbing Korea by the pussy :DDD

How is saudi a great power?

Indo-Aryans are a nation.

Too bad your cunt barely ticks one lawl

I am sure somalia is the landmark of aftican history too doesn’t mean it should be made into a great power

it's been over 70 years since UK stopped being relevant and you are still bitter

Says the literally most irrelevant country in Asia

>Egypt is more powerful
lmao Israel is one of five countries in the world with nuclear triad, and US 'Qualitative Military Edge' doctrine means they're basically the only ones in the region with a modern military. Meanwhile Egypt is bankrupt and scrounging for loans from the IMF

try harder hwangweoo

Sorry friend, but you've taken on too much Dravidian blood for me to consider you a brother :(

try harder hwangweoo

Hyper power is a meme.. if USA is all so powerful, why couldn’t it stop Russia from taking over Crimea or China from taking over Tibet?

You guys are only good at boasting

China and Russia did nothing wrong.

Attached: ahhhhh.jpg (1280x860, 65K)

There are only 7 countries with a population of more than 50 million and a per capita national income of more than $ 30,000. It can be a model enough.

much your own country then.. korea is irrelevant.. it’s an american vassal state, has no diplomatic clout and its immediate concern is just North Korea and bitching about Japan.

It’s not a great power at all and can’t hold its own against bigger powers like China or India or Russia

Back to pakistan abdul bin poohamad

based chink immigrant

You're looking at this purely through the mirror of hard/military power, it just doesn't work like that anymore. Projection of culture into other nations is the basis of power in the 21st century.. Via Google or Facebook the US wields more influence than 1000 nuclear bombs. Something as mundane as the Harry Potter series nets the United Kingdom more leverage across the planet than a dozen aircraft carriers. Give it another generation and military power will be completely irrelevant.

Holy shit, while I agree with your reasoning, as an Indian, all this tells me is that India will achieve cultural victory thanks to all our sex predators slipping into everyone's dms.

You gotta know the "30-50 club" meme which your media's been hyping is only spoken in Korea to pat yourself on the back. There isn't such a club irl, nor reasonable grounds for the cutoff point.

No

¿Qué?

American cultural influence is rapidly diminishing in the world because it is turning into global culture and people are separating it from politics

Use soft power to fix Brexit then

Oh wait, it’s worth jackshit in the end

Korea should always have a goal. It's the driving force of development.

>muh k pop will make China and Japan surrender their weapons

are you retarded? Sure soft power has its place but it’s more useful when you are weak and don’t want stronger nations to attack and bully you. You spread culture and create a positive self image so other stronger countries would take notice and take you under their wing

Soft power does fuck all for power projection and protecting your interests from bigger countries. For that you need a strong military that can threaten any potential aggressor

Great powers hold regional power, have economic and political clout and can make other countries act the way they want them to.

US has done that, Russia has done that, China has done that, India has done that, UK and France also have that capability albeit they rely on NATO/ american military to assert themselves

Sounds like a meme to me

Soon the powers will be.
China
US
Federal EU
India
In that order

M I L A N
I
L
A
N

Attached: Flag_of_the_Duchy_of_Milan_(1450).svg.png (768x768, 198K)

replace EU with India and you’d be right

Lassa pur ch'el mond el disa ma Milan l'è on gran Milan

Attached: 09f.gif (200x195, 123K)

S M O G
M
O
G

Saudi Arabia is more like a regional power in the Middle East, but it can exercise "soft power" with islamic countries.

GUCCI GANG
U
C
C
I

G
A
N
G

>If it wasn't for the fact that they had an autistic neighbor they'd be more powerful than Japan
probably not. because they have to directly deal with China if there's no North Korea. that's how it works.

Attached: deepfried_1544691497321.png (402x388, 390K)

>Saudi-Arabia
Lol, they cant even beat some ill-equipped Houthi rebels, so much for superpower.
Their only saving graces are oil and alongside that US and A.
Pan-arabism was a joke so even that does not net them much points and they cant do shit against Iran alone.

ooga booga

Attached: various indian admixtures.png (459x426, 42K)

Terrone

High number of Jow Forums threads about your country = great power

Is Finland a superpower?

the definition of Great Power in this age is very arbitrary. The UK and Russia are supposedly GPs but they have their share of inconsistencies when compared to themselves in the 1800s

Yes

South Korea has the stronger military than Japan. And We are the Regional Power in Asia, Michael Sum Ting Wong.

Soft power, Italy is much more prestigious than say Russia,the USA or China

indeed