When do you think the brits will realize how desperate their situation is?

When do you think the brits will realize how desperate their situation is?

Attached: 1531807478686.jpg (460x326, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

europarl.europa.eu/external/html/budgetataglance/default_en.html
fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think we are big and strong

Attached: 1544754637617.jpg (369x387, 24K)

r-rule britannia, BREXIT MEANS BREXIT, for queen and country

Attached: 1444810425312.png (289x286, 163K)

Based and r*yalpilled

oh but we do realise. The real issue is most brits dont realise we'll look like little bitches if we cancel brexit.

we will live to see the dissolution of the united kingdom

it is quite crazy when you think about it

It's not desperate if they don't hard brexit.
A deal with the EU will see them lose influence, but the EU will not utilize it's upstream position aggressively.
Ultimately the people in Brussels will not want to force UK into leaving entirely through EU laws that fuck UK hard.
They'd have no power on paper, but will have to be considered in practice. A downgrade, surely, but not the economic death some project.

The world is a rough place, and frankly you have been SUEZED

You can either pay your dues and join the EU gang, or not take them and get beat up by the USA, Russia, China, and your former protectors in the EU.

About time.
It's 2018 and they haven't even had their nationalism phase.

>EU will not utilize it's upstream position aggressively
why not? being genuine

I agree. Any directions now seems dangerous for the integrity of the UK.
In case of a no deal Brexit, Scotland and Northern Ireland will be pissed, and the economic recession and the hard border in Ireland will convince the population to push for their independence.
In case of a second referendum that cancel the Brexit, the low-class English trash will be pissed, leading to yellow vest style protests, but even worst. This will lead to at best a constitutional crisis and at worst to a civil war.

>we will live to see the dissolution of the united kingdom
I very much hope so. After all they sought to do the same with Yugoslavia.

Because it's bad for their image. And they need people support.

You're hardcore you.

>brexit happens
>brits go on a delusional attempt to restore ties with canada, aus and nz
>they all still get rid of the union jack the moment the queen dies
>britain becomes an isolated wet rock where chinese tourists go to see harry potter movie sets

Dire thread

I reckon theres a paradox that if the government was simply willing to use no deal then we probably wouldn't have to use it. £39 Billion is a lot of money and someone else will have to pay it if we don't. Chances are whoever has to pay it will be more upset at the EU than the UK.

I think JK Rowling is part French. She will probably ask for a French passport and move to the continent

Like I said, UK is still a large market. We're not talking about the breadcrumbs that are the Swiss and Norwegians.
EU will snip here and there favouring countries that can vote, but a stream of legislation slashing at the UK will see them leave any arrangement in a week.
It's killing the golden egg laying chicken.
Over they years EU could over time use salami tactics to drain the UK or the UK could successfully lobby to keep the worst laws for it from passing.
It's overall bad odds for the UK, but not too horrible considering how lacking of initiative Eurocrats are. They just might be happy with having them in the market.

39 billion is literally peanuts
i couldn't wrap my head around brits falling for the "we're spending weekly on the EU, let's direct that to the NHS" meme

Their EU budget was equal to their "help 3rd world shitholes" budget.
I don't understand why they'd ever argue leaving should be about the money they pay.

Once they end up leaving and having to deal with IRA chimp outs at the border and the SNP reviving the scots independence movement they'll understand this is no longer the 19th century

>is actually the budget of his local bus service operator
You're saying that 39 billion is the budget of a bus operator? Are you stupid or what?

£39 billion is enough to fund your military for 7 years

no im not
im just saying the numbers they were throwing around as examples of how much money they're wasting on the EU every week were actually very small for a 60 million people first world country
39 billion is from another topic, but it's also not that much. they spend almost twice as much every year on the army. reduce the army budget by 10% and in five years you've paid it off

>£39 billion
the real number is €5.4 billion, which is like, what? €20 per adult?

see, so our 10 man military with two tanks gobbles up 6.5 billion every year
it's peanuts

The UK defence budget is 46 billion

it's actually 90 pounds (roughly 50 euros by the time brexit takes full effect)
m8 you can go to the pub like 3 times for that much money
definitelly beats getting to live, work, do business freely and study tuition free anywhere in europe

>study tuition free anywhere in europe
British and Amerimutts have their own University ranking that says they have the best universities in the world. So they prefer paying 10k a year and stay home than going to a free European University.

Uk spending on EU was 14 bil in 2014, with 7 bil of that being spent in the UK.
Where the fuck are the numbers itt coming from?
I'm counting whatever the fuck TOR is as part of the British contribution, which is 2.5 billion.
Source is wikipedia.
Similar numbers in the eu site. europarl.europa.eu/external/html/budgetataglance/default_en.html

In 2016 the UK spent 13 bil on foreign aid. Even if we assume it comes with strings attached and the british make some money back through their companies. It's still close to twice the amount they pay to the EU after you subtract what they get directly back.
Source: fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/

But surely the fact economic turmoil is predicted shows the EU has far too much power, to the point where if you leave this organisation that was started to bring peace post-war and nothing more would (apparently) cripple the second largest economy in it. If countries like Belgium weren't so giddy about having a semblance of relevance for once in their country's history they wouldn't have to continually defend it

someone always has to take a stand first

Attached: bef.jpg (800x800, 80K)

All the UK had to do was see how much we got cucked by the EU.
Of course the UK has much more power to negotiate, but them being the first country wanting to leave the union, EU will make an example of them.

there are more than 500 million people in the EU, €20 is a VERY generous estimate where only half are taxpayers

>too much power
how? saying they do is not enough, you have to give a definitive example
>pulling out of a economical agreement fucks one over
m8 you have the financial knowhow of a toddler

>All the UK had to do was see how much we got cucked by the EU.
Switzerland is cucked by the EU? How?