What is American education like?

What is American education like?

Attached: 3349757483968475.jpg (499x499, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcpsnrxHdCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't take Calculus 1 until college and I failed it twice

Highly variable in quality.

I use to jerk off in calc 2 class

good but expensive if you are a dumbass

that's not really a valid answer. a person in the worst 3rd world country can have a good education if they can afford it.

Generally decent if you're in a good state (northeast, CO, northwest basically)

Depends on the property values in the district. Rich areas in the northeast have excellent public schools.

>a person in the worst 3rd world country can have a good education if they can afford it.
And that's the same case here.

>burgers giving me serious answers
fuck off okay

Attached: 1540416093891.jpg (360x360, 55K)

Basically the answer to everything about he US

midwest is good too though, also pic related is pre K-12 rankings

Attached: Screenshot_20190109-185918_Firefox.jpg (810x2508, 266K)

Oregon has a horrible education system.

>tfw didnt even take my SAT or ACT exam

Attached: 1498138280549.png (633x758, 293K)

bro I didn't even know what the fuck the SAT was until my sophomore year of college

You dodge the bullet on getting educated

Same.

Pretty much. Wish the south would secede so we would no longer be associated with them

You don't need it if you never went or never planned on going to college.

no I wanted to go to america for uni leafs cant go unless they took the SAT and ACT I ended up in a shitty provincial uni full of chinks and poos

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u3.jpg (750x1000, 83K)

midwest is at the top of state rankings tho

Attached: stateranks.jpg (810x5846, 634K)

You should have gone to a community college, then transfer. I think they don't require it and if the college you want to transfer to needs it you can just take it there.

It's really bad actually. I got straight A's all through high school, went to a university which is somehow in the top 5 according to the current USN, majored in physics, then was enrolled in a Ph.D. program for physics, but left with a Master's, and now I sit at home all day playing video games released 20 years ago. But damn, do they look good using my OSSC.

Attached: this is me.jpg (709x765, 63K)

This is all your fault, not the fault of our education system.

appeals to lowest common denominator. presumes that students have no interest in actually learning and focus on test scores instead. all conversation focuses on improving schools whose students view it as a place to deal drugs instead of trying to improve middle-class and upper-class schools where the students actually have potential.

Partially true. But the standard education system under-prepares you at every single step of the way. you need to significantly go beyond what is offered at every single level, in order to JUST be adequately prepared for the next level. The system, by itself, is largely useless. It has never produced a single student of value directly. The only students that I have met who were worth a damn, simply side-stepped the whole thing. They did just enough work to pass or get an A, then invested all of their remaining time in completely unrelated projects or studies.

I think it's really bad because americans can't tell the difference between "then" and "than"

Attached: 1545451989951.png (240x221, 77K)

If weren’t for your Ph.D. dropout staining your record, you could’ve easily got away with a job in finance with your credentials. The business sector likes human calculators like you, and they pay well for them.

both sound the same in my region.

this

all of the schools I attended were more like junior prisons rather than places of education

biggest waste of life, i cant believe i actually had to tolerate that shit. When people tell me to get a life i just remind them how many hours they wasted learning nothing in school

i can do still do that, if i really wanted a finance career. but i despise the thought of working.

I took Calculus 1 in Senior year of high school and got a C
Also Stats

Relevant thread, just took a test and there's a question on it I'm still thinking about.

Would calling the cops after witnessing a mugging be a moral dilemma?

yeah but only the smartest kids took Calc in HS

I didn't take math senior year. no one ever told me how important it was ;_;

yeah that is what research experience, internships, projects is for and why once you get job experience your gpa and degree are not really relevant to your resume

Well compare that to an asian system which over prepares you for everything along the way. I learn Calc 1 in middle school. Turns out all the dumb kids get weeded out after sixth grade, where they have their first streaming exam. Then your academic standing is more or less set in stone. If you fucked up very hard early on, it’s very difficult to climb back up. Sometimes in the newspaper they feature this one “academic rags to riches” kid just for this very reason. Doing well enough to get into the best university in the country also doesn’t save you from wagecucking. This is the most cucked country on earth, where ivy leagues and Oxbridge are looked upon as superior compared to our own tertiary institutes, the value given to these foreign institutes are more than any other country. For example, a U of Michigan grad would find himself on reletively similar grounds when pursuing a job against an Oxford grad in Michigan state.

Attached: 5AE41917-8C56-4C36-BF86-81DFF90E7CAD.jpg (217x232, 8K)

that is highly unfortunate. im not sure why US universities are still held in such high regard, given that their average product is far below a top student at a local university. the only possible explanation that i can think of, is the that the student from an american university might have a lot of key connections that give him an advantage. or maybe just being in a native english environment for an extended period of time is very helpful to any business.

University of Michigan is actually a top school in the US though, especially for engineering shit

No one cares if you come from some bumfuck Arizona state U, it’s only when you go to HYPSM then it starts mattering.

Prestige wise it’s viewed lower than U of Cambridge here.

still, even at HYPSM, the average output is not very good. A native top student is significantly better than an average student from Harvard.

I'm a CHI
I thought we were all stupid?

Maybe that’s the school of thought that has led many to think that where you go for graduate school matters more than where you go for undergrad.

Attached: 8CDE8F8B-EB37-4139-9D04-05257506AB05.png (225x225, 4K)

NEET?

Oh so ur from Cal Berkeley.

Attached: DAA1FCD9-AD03-45B4-B1A1-0E17A5A518E6.png (568x548, 88K)

Babysitting

Attached: 171130_TWO_Home-Caretaking.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.png (1180x842, 304K)

only partial NEET right now. i miss full-blown NEET-dom so much. those were the days.

nope

I got a second class bachelors from a mid tier uni but work the same job as people with first class master's degrees from Oxbridge tier unis.

Education literally doesn't matter once you start working unless you're trying to be an academic or something.

>kid slips through the cracks probably due to nepotism
>meanwhile 50% of kids in target schools get to suck goldman’s peepee
>education literally doesn’t matter

Attached: DFCDD7B8-0DE5-43B4-B6A4-AB9B5A71612D.jpg (756x756, 63K)

It was breddy gud until they started something called "affirmative action" in the 70s, when possibly well-meaning ideologues ruined what our parents had worked for.
After that, you got what you paid for.
But it is a foolish person who does not educate themselves daily.

Why do Americans lick their door bells?

Ivy League degrees are basically titles of nobility in this country. You can get all the connections and the best jobs no matter how stupid you are.

youtube.com/watch?v=kcpsnrxHdCc
explain this americans

Elaborate

Lol i took Calculus BC in senior year of high school and jumped to Calc 3 in Freshman year of uni and got a B j

If you have an Ivy League degree you get easily get elite internships and jobs right out of university with top tier companies like Goldmansachs, New York Times, etc You are guarenteed to make connections with the top 1% and live a rich comfy life

I dropped out of uni, twice.

At the top tier it is excellent. Case in point Disney Entertainment CEO Ben Sherwood.

Prep school The Havard-Westlake School, then onto Harvard and then Oxford.

A bit like this.

Attached: American education.jpg (864x1536, 160K)

A pretty good chunk of my senior class took AP Calc, and some were even taking Multivariable at the local community college.

>Ava

kek