Why do they call this country Romania?

When the only time these people ever see anything Roman is when Italian tourists visit the Carpathians.

Attached: 1280px-Flag_map_of_Romania.svg.png (1280x906, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/BD6WY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Romania was the first country i've ever visited of all Europe cunts so i have special attachment to them

Why do they call your country HUNgary when you're just budget Germans + Slavs?

To be fair they call themselves Magyars and their country "Magyar nation".

Well unlike Romania's, Hungary's history is very detailed, and well documented by Western and Byzantine scholars, even before our nation was founded. We looked like steppe people, rode on horses, so they mistook us for Turks. Also thisBut let's not change the topic, we're talking about you guys here. What business have you calling yourselves Roman? Where are them proofs?

Romanian living in krautland here. Our country is called Romania because back when it was formed we believed that we were daco-roman (Dacian and Roman) that myth was believed only until recently were actually related just to the Dacians the Roman myth comes from the papal state around the 15th century in hopes to convert transylvania (at the time owned by Hungary) into catholicism which did not work and it stuck around until now

It should have been called Dacia

ROMAnia

Attached: Roma-938x450.jpg (938x450, 105K)

Serious question: is the politically correct name for gypsies (Sinti and Roma) derived from the name of the country Romania? Or rather from the city in Italy?

Attached: Trajan's_Column_HD.jpg (2340x5456, 3.72M)

Where do you think the language comes from retard?

In a way Romanians gave the reputation of gypsies themselves because gypsies used to be slaves of Romanians and for some dumb reason they decided to call them "Romas" or "Romani" but the name has to do with the Roman empire not the City

stay mad, my yellow brother

The Romanian language has Latin roots yes but that dosen't mean that we're genetically Roman, like the French, Portugese and Spanish people our culture got Latinized but we are not Roman genetically

Romania should be called Dacia or something

Why do we call France France?
or Bulgaria, Hungary, Turkey, Russia, etc

Attached: 1522185873154.jpg (306x306, 47K)

Huh, thanks.

We don't call it Romania, we call it România. It used to be Rumânia/Rumînia but our kraut king changed it. Our word for romanian (român) is different from the word for roman.

We didnțt decide to call them romas or romani, it was international NGOs who strongarmed everyone into calling them romas because of a similar word they have for "man". In here, we "officially" call them rromi, but everyone just calls them gypsies.

That would be we wuzzing on par with Albanians, and we're not quite on that level yet.

Attached: 1480279773806.jpg (592x592, 33K)

they dont, in the 19th century when they became a country out of wallachia they reformed their language too, to be like latin

Neither are the French or Spanish.

The whole Romanian identity is not based on genetics but on the language moron.

That's an overstatement. We took a lot of italian and french loanwords for modern terms that we didn't have back then because we were a backwater shithole. Otherwise our language is mostly similar to the one we were speaking since at least the 16th century.

>it’s a Hungary-Romania rivalry episode
it’s always a Romanian in denial or a Hungarian living in Romania making these posts

The only thing changed in that reform was the alphabet from Cyrillic to the Latin one but the language stayed the same aside from that
Yeah

Veeland

No one is fighting burgertard

Speaking of Dacians, what's with the meme that Dacian was somehow Baltic?

Allegedly they spoke an indo-european language close to or similar to baltic languages, but the only evidence we have of that is some toponyms.

That's we wuzzing at a whole other level why would we not be proud of what we actually are?

How well are Daco-Thracian languages attested? What are Romanian, where do they come from? Dacia wasn't even part of the empire for too long and it was a backwater, why do you speak a Latin language. Are these things known or will you forever remain an enigma?

Roma means a married man in their language. Ultimately it seems to come from the sanskrit word Doma: a low caste musician or traveller.
Not the same etymology as Rome or Romania

The word "rom" and "romani" were adopted in 1971 by the International Romani Union. Before that they just called themselves gypses, tziganes, etc. Probably on purpose, to be confused with Romanians in order to fit in their society?
I think a more correct way to call them should be manouche (gypsy in french), or manus, "man" in their language (same IE roots as "man") but for SOME reasons it became derogative...

>How well are Daco-Thracian languages attested?
Not very. The thracians got assimilated by greek culture and began writing in greek, while whatever the dacians wrote, it was either in greek and latin or it was lost. All that we have are the personal names of the dacian soldiers who were recruited in the roman legion, or city/settlement names recorded by greeks.
>What are Romanian, where do they come from?
Locals assimilated into speaking the romanian language. Some say we come from south of the danube, others say we come from transylvania. There might be evidence that we come from an area that encompasses eastern serbia and western romania.
>Dacia wasn't even part of the empire for too long and it was a backwater, why do you speak a Latin language.
It was part of the empire for more than 100 years, and it wasn't backwater at all. It was colonized thoroughly, a lot of people from the empire came here to mine for gold, to the point where it was called Dacia Felix (Happy Dacia). Even after the withdrawal of the legions, it still had economic and cultural contact with the empire, even by Constantine's and Justinian's time.

Because Romania is, genetically, extremely diverse and its people would have no common identity if not for the culture which is an element left behind by the Romans.
Also please stop talking about my country subhuman expat, you are German now.

We're not that extremely diverse, but not exactly homogeneous either.

imgur.com/a/BD6WY

>Because Romania is, genetically, extremely diverse and its people would have no common identity if not for the culture which is an element left behind by the Romans.
Our common identity should be the Dacians because the only thing we have left from the Romans is the language the culture is more Slavic than anything
>Also please stop talking about my country subhuman expat, you are German now.
Mult noroc in a avea o viata buna in Romania in ziua de astazi

You talk about what "we" should do yet you left the country because it's poor. Get fucked, diaspora.

There is more to life than money gypsy.

I would agree to some degree. Quality of life is important too

Poate ar trebui sa dai vina pe oameni care conduc nu pe aia care pleaca. Uitete in ce hal a ajuns Romania nici macar presedintele nu este Roman.

Nu dau vina pe tine. Iti zic doar sa-ti tii gura si sa nu mai vorbesti despre "noi" de parca mai faci parte din natie.

Because it's some province of the Roman Empire that somehow survived thanks to its geography.
Just like the Greeks and Anatolians of the Byzantine Empire they called themselves Romans but they know they're not genetically, and not really culturally either
Anyway they don't call really themselves "Romans" today
roman = român
romanian = română/românesc

This thread is surprisingly tame and not much shitposting. I don't feel content unless a turk, hungarian or italian calls me a gypsy, fuck!

Bine ca astepti pe altii sa repare tara.

oh come on, you were in contact with ppl from all around the world by the 19th century, you just blatantly tried to make a "roman" nation to make it clear you are entitled to their land and the distance yourself from other balkanoids which you are fully

to be fair there's a lot of people here too who call gypsies "romanian"

büdösseggű mocskos oláh cigány

Not sure what you're getting at.
Latin was the most prevalent word origin by far for Romanian even before the 19th century.

If you take away the nationalism away from romanians, all that is left is just some fuckers trying to gobble all the land they can possibly take while still looking legit on the grand scheme of things. I'm not complaining since it doesn't matter anymore.

Mane, the term român/rumân was used since at least the 16th century, and we called wallachia Rumânia/România before it even united with Moldova. It's true that transylvanians larped hard as dacians/romans to either get privileges or independence, but Romania was formed independent of them. Also, everyone from the former roman empire was larping as a roman in the 19th century and was trying to form a "roman" nation, even the brits.

Attached: 1477719382969.jpg (357x368, 36K)

I'm gonna say the B word

Attached: frog.jpg (249x249, 8K)

Why are Hungarians always mad at Romanians on this board?

Because they want Trannysylvania for themselves. I say take it, it'd mean we'd have less autistic people and that Bucharest would have to actually invest money someplace else.

TRIANON
R
I
A
N
O
N

why did your mother raise you own regurgitated pig spunk she collected in the fattening plant and vomited into your mouth?

Doar pentru ca nu stau in Romania asta inseamna ca gata boss nu mai e Roman. Sint nascut si crescut in Romania am plecat din sute de motive dar cel mai evident e calitatea vieti.
Da, deparca Romani in Romania fac ceva inafara de plansul pe Facebook.

how much of Transylvania is hungarian?

i don't know man i never asked her to give me birth

There's a hungarian minority in the center and on the edges near hungary. Everything in it is built by assburgers or goymaners, and now it's getting invested heavily in by goymoney companies.

all of
>romania
is hungarian
transylvania had hungarian population and the other two parts were vassals, hungarian kings created them to protect our sacred borders
>romanians are our servants, so there are hungarians, slaves and pests in
>romania

You wanna get stoned again?

Attached: Molnár_József_Carol_Robert_fleeing_from_Posada_Battle.jpg (578x475, 99K)

why do you put romania in green text

I'm only quoting the nation with the copyright infringement name and the flag of Chad

He's mad that Romanains trashed Hungary in like 80% of historical engagements despite them having every advantage you could think of.

Attached: yw45thgw4wsy4e4.jpg (358x678, 255K)

The only times we've lost a battle was when we were allied with hungarian forces.

the flag of Romania precedes the flag of Chad

The Romance language in the middle of nowhere is the most unique thing about your country though. Even if you're not genetically or culturally that close to Italy, France and Spain it's something that stands out a lot.

Attached: gr8test-allie-magyar.jpg (820x461, 127K)

Attached: vlach man.jpg (432x518, 119K)

>t. racist
don't do it, Radu, don't say the B word!

Attached: román.jpg (330x357, 84K)

Sorry, I forgot about the advertisers...

Nu-ți place țara de unde vii, schimb-o, fă o reformă, educă-i, dacă pleci dovedești doar lașitate și lene.Actul de a pleca este trădare față de propriul popor. Sper că într-o zi, diaspora o să se oprească din a fi consumată de hedonism și narcisism și o să se întoarcă în țara lor ca să facă o schimbare. Dar acum ești român numai prin sânge, morala și învățăturile lăsate de intelectuali noștri ca Nicolae Iorga și Mihai Eminescu, față de țară iți lipsesc amarnic.

BOZGORS STILL SEETHING AFTER 100 YEARS LMAO

good boy, 4channel is an inclusive, multicultural site now
banned, demonetized, sold for hot pockets

I remember that time when a japanese student came here and she was killed after a few minutes lmao

who the fuck would want to advertise their product on Jow Forums lmao

The cabdriver gypsy chad, yeah i remember

Based cygan,keeping the holy dacian lands free of weeb scum

you might be mistaken, friend, this isn't Jow Forums anymore
it's 4channel, the advertiser-friendly, welcoming and inclusive swf social media

Uhh this is 4channel

He just thought the turks were invading again, it's not his fault

I assume that man was named a national hero, yes?

Attached: 1520837418366.gif (789x558, 52K)

Why do Hungarians and Romanians fight all the time? What's all this fight about?

Until this thread I had no idea 4channel romanians were based.

It's an eternal recurrence of a mountain people fighting against nomadic people. The dacians fought the scythians, the romans fought the huns, the greeks fought the bulgars, the persians fought the turks, and now we fight the magyars.

Attached: 130.jpg (401x349, 37K)

Reminds me of a quote by Mark Twain: There is not an acre of land on Earth that is in possession of its rightful owner.

That's a very good quote indeed

>Where are them proofs?

In the language you retard. Also in archeological evidence and Roman ruins still stand all the way up to northern Transylvania (Porolissum).

"Romania" ultimately comes from "român" which is what Romanians have called themselves since the middle ages, as is attested in literally their oldest writings as well as those from foreign travelers there.

Serious question: is Poland derived from the German word from ass, "po"?

wtf? I thought it was called Rromania.

Holy fuck are you actually this indoctrinated? Romanians can literally read their oldest books since the 1500s, the language is archaic but basically the same.

Hungypsians are perpetually butthurt and try start shit, Romanians have to put them in their place.

Fuck off diaspora retard

Because they have to go back.

You're wrong.

Roman = roman
Romanian = român

Why are you people so goddamn stupid?

Also it's funny how it's "Romanian" but not "Germanian" in English. It's not "românian" in Romanian, the country name was derived from the ethnonym not the other way around.

Important announcement: The american flag in this thread is an autistic underage proxyfag who pretended to live in several different countries and is obsessed with being romanian despite the fact that he cant' even speak the language properly. He gets easily butthurt and attacks everyone and thinks that everyone who says anything even mildly bad about Romania is a hungarian or a hungarian proxy. He does not represent us. Please understand. Thank you.

Attached: 1520120200801.jpg (960x960, 52K)

It was called Rumania in their language (and is called that in their neighbour's languages, and should be in English still) until their linguistic reform, when they ditched cyrillic script and purged their language off Slavic and Magyar influence, while copying the words from other Romance languages, basically making it an artificial language.

They're not the only place called like that. Emilia-Romagna's Romagna is also called that, their nationalist flag is that of the Byzantine Empire.
Romania was the shorter name for Roman Empire, in the Byzantine times, it was specifically used for Byzantine holdings in Italy, as opposed to barbarous Lombardia. It's we wuzzing on the sterides.

It's literally a Soros psyop to associare the "Roma" with Romania. Romania should have done the same thing Greece did to Macedonia and told them to fuck off.

We didn't purge it of slavic or magyar influences at all. We still use a lot of the terms. In fact, we have even a lot more slavic influences cause during communism we imported a lot of russian words.

Romanians are the biggest gypsies in the world haha

>Rumania
>Romania
>implying there's a difference

Also you're a goddamn imbecile. The reform affected high level administrative words, replacing Greek and Turkish ones, it didn't "reinvent the language" you moron. Neacsu's letter and Coresi's bible are perfectly understandable to Romanians, just written in the old Romanian alphabet.

haha

Attached: 1545439653076.png (704x915, 537K)

>wuzzing on the sterides

Something psheks do pretending to be Sarmatians or in the Carpathians, both of which they are about as much as Turkey is European.