Is this a real country?

is this a real country?

Attached: 7889-004-B7D798D0.jpg (662x435, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_German-Austria#Failed_union_with_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you mean "this" as in where you are right now? or slovakia
either way, no

it's too good to be real
last pure spot in the sea of muddy subhumans

Attached: 1488_kotleba.jpg (620x328, 62K)

Yes, Felvidék is real.

No, it's actually our greatest practical joke.

Attached: slovensko.jpg (940x669, 105K)

i actually don't get this. slovak is considered a different language and nation despite being intelligible and also part of a language group only made up of czech and sloavk (and the dialects within)

isn't it obvious that they're just one cunt on a dialect continuum? surly who must be able to see this?

all slavs are the same it's just fucking larp mate
they spent the last couple of centuries to conjure up
>nations
and get local dialects into
>languages

Guys guys guys guys check this:
> Macedonian language

still though some are more real than others. polish and russian are obviously different enough to be considered truly different nations and different countries like spain and italy.

but the small ones are basically memes

I can't post in ex-yu without everyone telling me to switch to their language and complaining that they can't understand me, so don't think so.

not slovenia nit wit. i'm talking real memes. FYRM, slovak, montenegro etc

That's rude of you to assume that they would understand German though.

>Prussian language
>Azeri language
Which one? There are two XD.

>any language other than the language of God himself, English
Meme.

It boils down to the question of how do you define language. For instance Low German dialects are not mutually intelligible with Hochdeusch and yet they are considered dialects of German.
As Max Weinreich said, a language is a dialect with an army and navy.
>Literary Slovak shares significant orthographic features with Czech, as well as technical and professional terminology dating from the Czechoslovak period, but phonetic, grammatical, and vocabulary differences do exist.

>Literary Slovak shares significant orthographic features with Czech
of course it does, you use Czech ortography which you modified for yourself.

Attached: slov.png (488x292, 126K)

I want to like Slovaks and Slovakia but they fucking hate us despite our similarities

I thought it was Latin?

The irony of this is - Arabs who speak the same language (theoretically) have harder time understanding each other, than us Slavs who for most times are mutually intelligible.

what is a real country? most of the times States don't coincide with a single nation

Slovak Lutherans used Slovakized Czech as their language of lithurgy since the Reformation. Slovene orthology is also based on yours.

Swedish, Norwegian and Danish are mutually intelligible too.

Slovak nationalist conjuring up fake grandiose history can be really cringeworthy. Admittedly, we are a young nation. But I don’t understand this animosity against us here. Slovak posters are mostly chill.

I agree

My Hungarian family LARPed as Slovaks.

Poor Slovak posters.

Attached: e00.png (587x100, 5K)

English that famous baster langue?
hell yeah brother

German sense of humour, mate.

Attached: You see, this country is German and is not German at the same time, the quantum nazi.gif (329x353, 13K)

haha yea
wasn't aware it exists until I was 16 or so

Austria is not German, because it existed before the people united to what we know today as Germany.
Austria could've joined, but Austrians don't like Germans.

Why

>proto-slovak
>slovakian ""culture"""
>slovakian """history""""
imagine being a retarded version of a czech being controlled by a depressive, incompetent and yet somehow superior nation of mongoloids

Attached: 1517679440696.png (420x467, 153K)

>Austria could've joined

No, you can't. Calling yourselves not German and never joining up with Germany is in your post WW2 constitution.
It's something your country gave up in order to not get the Vienna Wall treatement.

Look up the 1955 Austria State Treaty if you don't believe me.

Don't throw rocks in glass houses, mon amie.

You know, they are a big and powerful nation. However, the other nations always denied them true power. That's why they decided to become insufferable people. The end.

Very succinct and to the point. I like it.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that the universe didn't exist before the second world war.

Don't school me on my country, please.

Zizek Is the only thing I know about Slovakia excepting its Yugoslavian past

>yugoslavian

Attached: proud 56er.png (242x243, 136K)

What's up, Finnlandian?

I was talking about the modern state of things, not hundreds of years ago. Same as everyone else ITT.

Austrians wanted to make a united Austria, not Germany. But that's irrelevant as to why the two countries are separate today aside from the fact Habsburgs had, obviously, failed to do so.

Oh I don't know, I guess I'm fine at the moment but my studies haven't gone well and the student councelor still hasn't answered my e-mail so I'm kind of anxious about that but maybe I'll manage. You?

as real as it gets

You are drunk.

He is Slovak, yes.

21 yo third worlder neet. Would you like to have my Interpals @?

I don't know what that is

Schlechteste Persona

I'm sure I've passed by it once, but I still don't really know much about it, so it might not be. I'm not sure.

They used to consider both Czech and Slovak dialects of a common "Czechoslovak" language, back in the pan-Slavic days of the interwar.

ladies and gentlemen: the German
q.e.d.

Tbh, best of luck to you Slovaks. You may not be very relevant or have left much of a mark on history or be all that unique, but you do have a decent standard of living and nice nature.
t. Lithuanian

Litvin?

That's the tripfag who frequents v4, right? I'm the other guy who came here on erasmus and visited v4 as a refugee this summer.

Dont' be so tsundere. You know you want to be anschluss'd.

Didn't Austria declare that they're joining Germany when they declared a republic after WWI?

I don't know about that but Europe was a shitfest between the wars so anything could have been declared.

Yes. Republic of German-Austria. Ironically they claimed a lot of land traditionally held by the Crown of Bohemia. Like Sudetenland, and some retarded enclaves.

Ironic. Didn't you join HRE to prevent the loss of it?

>Didn't Austria declare that they're joining Germany when they declared a republic after WWI?

Thank god we lost both world wars. Otherwise we'd be caught with the Saupreißn. Shoutout to our Bavarian brothers, we'll get you out of there. We promise.

Not sure, am Lithuanian.
But yeah. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_German-Austria#Failed_union_with_Germany

Hitler fucked everything up by being a racist retard.

BASED HUNGARIAN BRO

nobody hates you dude

that poor soul, will never find a soulmate