The British and Irish are the same people

There is no meaningful genetic distinction between British and Irish people. Ever since the migrations out of Ireland, most British people (whether English, Welsh or Scottish) have significant parts of Irish ancestry whether they are aware of it or not. A very large portion of significant Brits have Irish ancestry, such as Prime Ministers Tony Blair, Jim Callaghan, and even Margaret Thatcher.

Add to this the obvious fact that both countries speak the same language, share most of the same slang, partake in the same culture and cuisine, and are increasingly culturally interlinked due to both historic and current migration, and there is only one conclusion. The modern British and Irish are the same people.

Attached: britain and ireland.png (251x201, 71K)

I disagree

Why didn't the Irish just fish?

fuck the queen

Attached: fenianstein.jpg (640x400, 135K)

>oppress and colonise neighbour for 800 years
>"lol, we're the same"

Attached: FB_IMG_1540907524181.jpg (899x1149, 139K)

it's true

no
we are family, joined at the hip

>Irish are niggers
>Irish and brits are the same thing
well....... what is it?

It doesn't matter the cause, the facts are still the same.

As my OP pointed out, a large part of the cause is not just colonisation by the Brits but also immigration by the Irish. So many Irish men and women have moved here over the past couple of centuries that most British people now have recent Irish ancestry.

it worked for the welsh

Joined by centuries of murder, pillage and rape by Hunnic invaders. But no matter. The reunification of Ireland is invitable, the humiliation of the *nglos is nearly complete.

but irish people don't have brit ancestry
just because you've been micked doesn't make us the same

It really didn't, if you venture out of south Wales.

If the majority of Brits have Irish ancestry, then that still means we are a very closely related people. Brits have been Celticised genetically, while the Irish have been Anglicised culturally. That combines to make us the same.

no
what the fuck are you even getting at? do you feel guilty or sometihng?

Nah. The English are Celts with a Germanic dusting. The Irish are Celts who (mostly) speak English and share no meaningful culture with England beyond that.

you're forgetting that 3 of 4 plantations in Ireland failed because the settlers ended up working with the Irish and eventually becoming indistinguishable

>ireland
based and redpilled
>uk
cringe and bluepilled

False.

Anglo-Saxon admixture among some of the English makes them very distinct genetically.

Ironically the Welsh preserved their language the best. Duke of Wales is required to learn it even.

Attached: XNSEg9T.png (3145x3266, 1.09M)

Without the irish language ireland dosen't have a right to exsist desu. In 1900 you started with quite a few native irish speakers and many people where learning irish.
How did you balls that up?
Some of your leaders deserved to be shot for not banning english desu

>tfw cumbric died out completely before i was born

It's a good thing Irish exists, then.

Half a million English in Scotland and another half a million English in Wales just from this generation alone. We're all just one big happy family now.

Attached: 100%PrimeEnglishBeef.png (489x484, 255K)

It's not spoken by anyone on a day to day bases. It's fucking dead
And eventully it will die out completly due to imigration and a complete lack of nationalism in ireland.
Ireland desn't have the right to call itself a country

Reasons why Ireland isn’t British:

>One of the richest traditional sporting traditions in the world, GAA is a cultural institution that permeates every facet of daily life. Hurling is one of the oldest sports on earth.

>Our religion for which we were persecuted for hundreds of years by the English proselytizer.

>Our folklore and mythology is some of the richest in the world. The Ulster Cycle, Fenian Cycle, etc. are all national epics of great pride.

>Our native Irish literature, great authors like Joyce who have illuminated the Irish mind and further defined the meaning of our cultural identity.

>Our language which unfortunately isn’t widely spoken because of the English usurper. This is a shame.

>Our rebellious history and militaristic tradition.

>We have some of the most beautiful folk music in the world.

>Our very societal makeup is different than the Brits, we are much more working class and still have our clannish system embedded in our psyche. Surnames are important.

>We have a spiritual connection to the land, especially those of us whom were born and raised in the rural bog and mountain.

These are but a few. Britain’s claim to Ireland is tenuous and our dear nation will be united once more in the next decade. You’re only claim is that we speak the language of the oppressor (better than you do in fact) and have similar infrastructure and architecture so our cities and towns look familiar.

>our dear nation will be united once more in the next decade
ecks dee
You sure about that?

have you started stocking up on mars bars yet?

No, I haven't - I'm not expecting any sort of mars bar shortage in the coming years.

If I could press a button and sterilise every *nglish''''''''''man'''''''''' i would in an instant

They are the same people my brothers :^)

only because suppressing the damned thing fell out of favor

>>Our religion
Dying, will probably gone in a decade more likely than reunification
>>Our folklore and mythology.
Unless you're some weird neo-pagan nobody follows, believes or cares about that shite
>>Our native Irish literature,
Some guys wrote books? LMAO all that did as most intellectuals were proud of being part of the British empire which gave them all needed resources considering themselves more english than boglander
>>Our language which unfortunately isn’t widely spoken because of the English usurper. This is a shame.
Okay? but the celtic creole is never coming back I hope you realise that... It has as much relevance and reverance in modern Ireland as various native languages have today in the americas
>>Our rebellious history and militaristic tradition.
Neutral country military appreciation doesn't go much further than haha we trolled the brits epic style
>>We have some of the most beautiful folk music in the world.
But little to none made or consumed today, as irrelevant as wearing robes and living in the forest today
>>Our very societal makeup is different than the Brits, we are much more working class and still have our clannish system embedded in our psyche. Surnames are important.
fair enough the graft is fairly valued as is a relative being known is guaranteed to have you hired but with the big exodus to the cities and low rural population as well as intentional crippling of rural amenities and concentration on everything moving towards tech and education being mandatory this is becoming less relevant
>We have a spiritual connection to the land,
Okay but not really spiritual as many leave or dislike the tranquuility and sterility of it, also it's not like there's still hllmen and bog tribes still there or nomads or whatever. you're really stretching and exotifying Ireland to try find differences, I agree there are differences but these aren't relevant today or true

>Welsh
>Irish ancestry
Maybe in parts of Pembrokeshire. The Irish in Wales were driven out by Cunedda. Even during the 1800s very few Irish moved to South Wales.

In order to impose a language you need an authoritarian government. What Ireland in the 1920s needed was to adopt fascism or stalinist communism and to ban English and create a formalised state-endorsed Irish language that could be imposed on the population. If they had done that then by today Ireland would be an Irish speaking country

>It's not spoken by anyone on a day to day bases. It's fucking dead
Yes it is, but you'd know better of course

Irish declined for the same reason all the Celtic languages did; they held no value outside their homelands. English was the language of the British Empire and was the only language that could hold the UK together. You could hardly have got the Irish to speak Welsh or the Scots to speak Cornish.

Irish was actively suppressed against through laws

But I don't have any British ancestry

Attached: Untitled.png (1350x622, 128K)

So? Nothing stopped people from speaking in in daily life, and nothing stops them now. Same with the other Celtic languages, including Welsh which was also not allowed in the English legal system. Yet they remained fairly prominent until industrialisation, whereby their usefulness rapidly faded.

Are you from an incest village or something?

Leinster is my favourite Irish province

fuck the bog trotters they're not even human

No my parents are from different towns. You can avoid inbreeding with a population of just 150 so it was easy for the Irish to avoid inbreeding without becoming mutts either

>stalinist communism
Stalin was a Georgian who lived his life in Russian
Irish Communists didn't care for the Irish language. Communists always support assimilation

Attached: britishisleslanguages.png (5000x4200, 971K)

C: english are

bring back brythonic, cumbric, norse and pictish pls

fuck pictish they were subjugated by the Gaels

For me, it's Norn

Rip Cumbric, Pictish and Norn.

;_;.

Brythonic evolved into Welsh/Cornish/Breton so it's still sort of around

we're landlocked like you

Just like the Irish were subjugated by the English lol

Bruh moment

Attached: IMG_9117.jpg (205x220, 17K)

why's that?

>cumbric
They struggle enough to bring back Cornish (can't even decide which script to use). Cumbric is impossible to revive because there's no writing in the language.

thats the way it be

This is just patently untrue. The British people may be ugly, but the Irish? Good god.

t. Anglo-Irishman

SAVE THEM

celtic languages are so nice to listen to
especially welsh and breton

They're ugly
I'm from Wales and can't wait for the day Welsh dies out

Why?

You're not the same, since we will be dissolving the UK in the coming years

Haha, you reckon?

No you won't.

Scotland only voted to stay in the UK to stay in the EU.

Scotland is part of Britain and Britain voted to Leave the EU.