In Spanish the word "buceta" means "bus" but in Portuguese it means "pussy"

In Spanish the word "buceta" means "bus" but in Portuguese it means "pussy".

In Spanish the word "criollo" is used to refer to white people but in Portuguese we have the word "crioulo" which sounds almost the same when pronounced but it means "nigger".

If you ever come to this country but only speak Spanish, be careful with these words.

Attached: file.png (304x485, 41K)

Buseta is only used in Colombia, Venezuela and maybe in Ecuador and Panama.
Peruvians, Mexicans, Spaniards and the south Cone don't use it. But yeah, I've heard Brazilian tourists being completely perplexed around here when they found out we refer to buses as busetas

>In Spanish the word "buceta" means "bus"
not here
>In Spanish the word "criollo" is used to refer to white people
not here

"Criollo" doesn't mean white. It refers to people of Spanish descent, i.e. not white.

>buceta means bus
no
>criollo
nobody says this outside latin america, except for chourizo criollo

id say the dangerous words are things like "exquisito"

Attached: fb72f0df6d78b2cca000d4cb819338a41.png (1145x1600, 2.58M)

>In Spanish the word "criollo" is used to refer to white people
Btw, not the case here. Criollo means "born in the new world to Spanish parents" under the Spanish caste system, but in real life no one uses the term.

In fact if you say the word criollo here, it means "local". It never means white

Examples:
- empanadas criolla (with local ingredients)
- pizza criolla (with local ingredients used as toppings, normally chorizo and corn)
- talento criollo (local talent)

embaraçado, as well.

also, none of OP's examples apply here either, we never use those words

>tfw in a nightclub in Spain
>speaking with a girl
>"porque no hablas español con nosotros"
>"es que me quedo embarazado"
>They all started laughing at me, pinching my cheek
>Don't understand
>Later learn embazada/o is pregnant

Attached: 1503190010000.png (700x700, 289K)

>embarazado
what does it mean in portugal?
in spanish embarazoso = embarassed
embarazado = pregnant
preñado = pregnant but for animals

YIKES
thanks for the tip for when I visit portugal

*AHEM*

Rapariga.

Attached: 1542659639623.jpg (511x671, 41K)

It means embarrassed. Embaraçoso means embarrassing. English actually got it from Portuguese via Spanish and then French. You guys just changed it since.

Pregnant is "grávida", "prenha" is usually reserved for animals, but it can also be said colloquially without offence to people, depending on intonation.

kek

>rapaza, rapariga, moza
god i love galician
interesting
in spain "presunto" means "suspect" or "supposed"
>El presunto ladron
>The suspected thief

Another is the word "coger"(to catch)

Here in Colombia,Ecuador, Cuba, Dominican Republic and Panama it means "to catch", "to take", "to turn" or "to grab".
Examples:
-coger el bus/tren (catch a bus/train)
-coger de la mano (grab your hand)
-coger a la izquierda (turn to the left when you are driving)

But if you go to Venezuela, Mexico or Argentina Coger means "to fuck", so be careful if you ever use the word "coger" over there

All wrong, my monkey friend. Also, don't expect anyone to visit your shithole.

>Que coisa esquesita que comi hoje, era um presunto que não era normal
>Até fiquei embaraçado depois de comer

Attached: 1545421341213.png (669x651, 26K)

Rapariga has come to mean "whore" in Brazilian Portuguese. They usually go "menino/menina" instead of "rapaz/rapariga".

We have others, though: moço/moça is heard mostly in the southern regions, here. Cachopo/Cachopa is also a nice one (from the Beiras region, maybe?, bit more impolite). Also catraio/catraia (dunno where this is from, though).

"Jámon" means nothing to us. There's even nothing closely resembling the word.

>be in the house of my argentinian friend
>"voy a coger una barra de pan"
>his dad starts laughing
>"vas a coger pan o te vas a coger a la panadera ajsjasjasj que hijo de puta"

Attached: 1503581310007.png (320x295, 119K)

>cachopo
thats pic related lol
i also find it wierd that portuguese say "oleo" instead of "aceite", aceite sounds way better to me
oleo here is only used for a painting method "pintura al oleo"
its related to the word oil i assume, while aceite comes from arabic azeite

Attached: Cachopo-de-ternera-800x445.jpg (800x445, 93K)

I don't get what this pic is trying to say

same thing
> Argie dude I met once
> I tell him to take a taxi and pick me up in some place. I avoided using the word coger so I told him: Toma un taxi y recogeme en la esquina de mi casa
> recogeme i argie means "to fuck someone a thousand times"
> he bursted out in laughter

We only say "azeite" for olive oil. Everything else is óleo, even if used to replace olive oil like "Óleo de semente de girassol".

We never say "Azeite de azeitona" (although Brazilians sometimes call it "Azeite de Oliva"). Oliva isn't a very common word here, although the trees are oliveiras.

One thing I find hilarious about Spanish is the word for "peach". It's such a fragile, dainty thing that bruises at every touch, and in Portuguese we call it "Pêssego", said as "Pêssg". It's almost a whisper. Then come you cunts and call it "ME-LO-CO-TOOON". I love it, it's so Spanish-sounding.

>Buseta is only used in Colombia, Venezuela and maybe in Ecuador and Panama.

Thanks for being informative and not rude like this pancho

Attached: 7BdXaIV.jpg (1560x1560, 238K)

melocoton or you can say durazno. We use both words interchangeably over here cause everyone thinks they're the same fruit, but I've heard they're different

Would you notice if I was speaking Spanish if i spoke Spanish with a Polish accent to imitate Portugese?

I'm sure you're only partially joking, but not really.

Spanish has a lot of Portuguese archaisms and vice-versa. Close languages always have these.

I have never heard that word being used here in my entire life

CRINGE

Embaraçoso is common, but embaraçado is not really something you'd use over envergonhado, is it? Even if they have slightly different meanings, envergonhado is usually used for both.

>recogeme en la esquina de mi casa
AJAJSASJJSA
imaginate un español en argentina diciendo "voy a la escuela a recoger a mi hija" uyyyy noooooooooooooooooo noooo

>Young girl or prostitute

>pussyniggertugal

In Brazil presunto is an slang for a dead person

ninguém fala isso.

>Buceta means pussy
You mean in brazillian?

I use bus.
But well, criollo is also used to refer to mixed race street dogs or "local" people and customs in contrast to foreign people and things.

>voy a la escuela a recoger a mi hija

Attached: angry horse.jpg (728x546, 60K)

"Rapariga" in Brazil means "whore, prostitute". For young girl, we use "moça". Does this world exist in Portugal.

yes, most common in Alentejo and Algarve, although not unheard of everywhere else as well.

We also use the male form "moço". You use it too?

Yeah, we don't have any places where you'd use the male version more than the female version or vice-versa.

>but in Portuguese it means "pussy".

No it does not. Buceta means nothing in Portuguese...
In the jungles of brazil they call to thatpussy, but in portuguese that word doesn´t exist.

its interesting that a lot of expression in portuguese went into obscurity in spain
for example "mozo" is like medieval-tier in spain, only a few people in rural areas still say that

>mozo

Cabin boy?

Interesting, I know for a fact Colombians and Venezuelans use it. But I wasn't sure about Panama and still not sure about Ecuador

Moza-Mozo here meana the person you're cheating your wife/gf on

In other countries it means "waiter". What does it mean in Spain?

Shut up filthy shitskin

It happens the same the other way around.

You guys say stuff like "todavia" and "tampoco", which we also have but sounds so formal and somehow removed.

mozo / moza is just "boy/girl"
>Un mozo apuesto y educado
the evolution of the spanish language is pretty much the separation from portuguese
until the 16th century, standard spanish was REALLY similar to portuguese. then we turned the F into H and did other changes around that in general made spanish sound more "spanish"

Same here. I don't think we started from a common ground to begin with (vulgar latin was always influence by what was there before), but we did start out closer. We kept the more conservative vowel celtic/galician sounds because of poetic/song tradition, but we further densened our language pronunciation after that. You guys embraced more the latin and basque read-as-is open vowels sound.

here it means the other girl/guy
example: ella es la moza de Juan (She is the girl Juan is cheating his girl on)