All of the people that have walked on the moon are either dead or in their 80s

>all of the people that have walked on the moon are either dead or in their 80s
>if we don't go back in a decade or so it's quite possible there won't be any living person to have walked there

Attached: 1515008836078.png (480x454, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BK-uatwOOeA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes
youtube.com/watch?v=7q1l-jf3KqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based Xi himself will walk on the moon in our lifetime don't worry about it

ngl that would be pretty fucking based

And that's not even the worst part:

youtube.com/watch?v=BK-uatwOOeA

Why should we use the same technology that led to the Challenger disaster.

He doesn't seem to understand that NASA is trying to make better technology. Not use 40 year old tech, even if said tech would work in most instances

here is the jist of it
the saturn rockets are heavily modified and the mechanical notes are lost
we have the blue prints to make the rockets but not the notes that made them work

this isn't about the shuttle it is about the saturn Vs

ofc he didn't say it but this is common knowledge

Again.
Why would we use 40 year old tech instead of improving it.

because it is literally the only solution as far as heavy lifter go

in terms of brute force rocketry involving relatively same compounds the saturn v are perfect, this is not a technological problem, this is an experiential problem

the russians did make hypergolic fuels, more efficient, your so called "new tech" it blew up and killed hundreds of people

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe

>same
safe

I guess you're right.
I don't know much about this.

who cares lmao

okay i think i know what you are saying

yes the other route is to either have the rocket be prepared in mid-air, we did that too and it wasn't as feasible since it would be too heavy to have it reach the moon

or build a launch platform in space which is too costly logistically to maintain

>believing in the moon landing

Do you also still believe in Santa Claus, grow up.

Do you have an explanation for the missing tapes from Apollo 11? Why did they erase all the scientific data from the most important project they ever had accomplished?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_missing_tapes

youtube.com/watch?v=7q1l-jf3KqA

human error

let's put it this way, if it was staged why double-stage another mystery?

How long do tape recordings last anyway. They had already backed up all the footage, the original tapes must have been severely decayed already. I guess you could've put them in a museum or something but functionally they'd be totally useless

>touché

Magnetic tape, if kept on vaults with controlled atmosphere and no magnetic fields, are one of the longest lasting data storage formats known.
Basically anything archival related, even nowadays, is done with magnetic tapes. They have horrible read/write rates, but are super reliable.

Why are Americans so obsessed with the moon?

All the scientific data from Apollo 11 were on those tapes, at least supposedly. And it's all gone now. Several rooms full of tapes, erased, by accident. One could assume that they would have taken good care of them, even if tape's lifespan were an issue although it doesn't seem to have been.

Hey man I think it's pretty cool too. Amazing that this year will be the 50th anniversary of the first landing. Fifty years back from 1969, flight in general was still a pretty new thing

Attached: eyes84.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Because it's the only possible way they can claim to have won the space race.