What are some cool Megaprojects going on around the world or will start soon lads?

what are some cool Megaprojects going on around the world or will start soon lads?
any in your country?

Attached: Megaprojects.jpg (700x525, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

index-qatar.com/market-intelligence/qatar-projects/
sydneyairport.com.au/investor/company-information/company-overview/performance-highlights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whats a megaproject to you?

putin is going to poo.

Isn't China's new airport opening this year? Looks pretty cool.

Attached: daxing.jpg (1280x868, 184K)

Attached: daxing2.jpg (550x340, 47K)

inb4 it's made of polystyrene and rubbish

Attached: chink business.png (1400x5552, 946K)

Either this or the nuclear submarine.
Idk which one is more important project wise.

Attached: file.png (1745x980, 3.44M)

Projects that cost more than US$1 billion and attract a large amount of public attention because of substantial impacts on communities, environment, and budgets.
Projects can also be "initiatives that are physical, very expensive, and public".

Megaprojects require care in the project development process to reduce any possible optimism bias and strategic misrepresentation. Examples of megaprojects include bridges, tunnels, highways, railways, airports, seaports, power plants, dams, wastewater projects, Special Economic Zones (SEZ), oil and natural gas extraction projects, public buildings, information technology systems, aerospace projects, and weapons systems.

Wish I could post in this thread, but in our democracy projects get changed every 4 years because continuing your predecessors project won't fulfill your ego or your friend's pocket.

The stadium that will host the opening match of the 2022 WC is supposed to be pretty amazing. Not only that but it's being built in a city that doesn't even exist yet, as in the city is also being built rn.

what is that?
also is it in Brazil?

any shity building today costs 1 billion
imo a megaproject is at least 10 billion

I noticed that the arabian peninsula seems to be the location of an extremely high amount of megaprojects
why is this?

that is literally the definition of a mega project, I copy pasted it

"4th gen accelerator' aka just a big microscope.
Yes, Campinas.

Most likely because of the insane wealth the richest people there have. I mean when we look closely, is there really any place on Earth where the difference between the poor and the rich is as high as on the Middle East?

From the scale it doesn't appear larger than a normal airport. Is there anything which makes it a mega project over a non-mega project?

also you are grossly overestimating how much things cost, the average building is nowhere near $1 billion US, the average skyscraper isnt even near that
the most expensive buildings in the world are around a billion and there is only 2 that are over 10 billion

Does it have any relation to the accelerator in Geneva?

it is going to be the biggest airport in the world

Well, India just finished the statue of unity lmao
GIFT city in gujarat is under construction, around 85 billion dollars. pic related
Also from wikipedia
>The Delhi–Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project (DMIC) is a planned industrial development project between India's capital, Delhi and its financial hub, Mumbai. It is one of the world's largest infrastructure projects with an estimated investment of US$90 billion and is planned as a high-tech industrial zone spread across six states, as well as Delhi, the national capital and itself a Union Territory. The investments will be spread across the 1,500 km long Western Dedicated Freight Corridor which will serve as the industrial corridor's transportation backbone.
It includes 24 industrial regions, eight smart cities, two international airports, five power projects, two mass rapid transit systems, and two logistical hubs.

That's China and India done. What's next? Japan?
Qatar? I think their world cup will involve megaprojects. Let me check.

Attached: gift.jpg (630x347, 71K)

>With 4 runways, 268 parking bays, and a 700,000 square meter terminal area, the airport is expected to be the world's largest airport upon completion.[6] The new airport is also expecting a total of 7 runways in the future in order to accommodate 620,000 flights and 100 million passengers each year.

Idk much about it desu, isn't the CERN pretty much "euros only"?
Sure they make some exchange stuff, but idk much about this area.

>smart city
what

is that like that one in the uae or saudi arabia where theres driverless cars everywhere and they designed the buildings so that there is always shade and the ground is several degrees cooler than the actual temperature and theres touchscreen shit everywhere and its carbon neutral?

index-qatar.com/market-intelligence/qatar-projects/

Well shit, okay then. That's pretty impressive.
You posted about how skyscrapers and stuff don't really cost that much, which reminded me of those massive skyscraper projects over in Dubai. From an engineering point of view, they're probably really impressive and from an ego point of view, the largest skyscraper in the world is a pretty big symbolic cock so swing around, but those sort of things don't hold all that much personal interest, desu.
A while ago I was reading about a project in Taiwan, I think, where they are planning to build a large section of "green housing", that uses water circulation and greenery to cheaply provide significant natural and passive heating/cooling to the buildings. Aside from scientific enterprise, I think those sorts of "green projects" are far more worthwhile than large buildings for the sake of it, or even more advanced weaponry. From a practical point of view, having superior warhead capabilities isn't going to help all that much if your country isn't properly prepared for significant shifts in climate.

back to zhang

Attached: chinese invasion.jpg (684x396, 33K)

Somewhat, yes. Not the driverless cars though. That will take a behavioral shift around the world. Not everyone will be comfortable with AI driving from the get-go.
A prominent feature of smart cities (at least in last few years) is the present of IoT, internet of things.
>IoT involves extending Internet connectivity beyond standard devices, such as desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets, to any range of traditionally dumb or non-internet-enabled physical devices and everyday objects. Embedded with technology, these devices can communicate and interact over the Internet, and they can be remotely monitored and controlled.

They aren't a distant dream to be quite honest with you. My highschool had touchscreens everywhere too and some devices/furniture were internet enabled. (wasn't in mexico if you're wondering lol)

For the world's largest airport, 100 million passengers doesn't sound all that impressive, unless Sydney airport is one of the largest already (I've no clue). According to their stats, they've been having between 35 and 40 million passengers a year since 2010.
sydneyairport.com.au/investor/company-information/company-overview/performance-highlights
Insane amount of revenue, though. I guess people really love duty free, kek.

I think when it comes to megaprojects and futuristic cities 3rd world countries actually have a huge advantage because

*because they have large areas that are undeveloped and dont have to just keep trying to updating and futurise their cities

things that cost a billion are built all the time you just dont know about them because theyre irrelevant. commercial, industrial complexes, bridges, tunnels, any skyscraper above 300m easily.
i can list 10 government projects from my cunt off the top of my head that arent considered mega anything anywhere
> the average building is nowhere near $1 billion US
wouldnt have guessed... lol

Both China and India have a lot of habitable land, physically, to grow into, yeah. One of the differences between them is that India is apparently going to be hit a lot harder by climate change.
I wonder how the rich coastal front regions will react to rising water over the decades, if the wealthy will try to spin a quick buck while bailing somewhere else or if it will trigger rapid innovation to try to stubbornly adapt.

>My highschool had touchscreens everywhere too and some devices/furniture were internet enabled.
Wew, back in high school we got in shit for sending text messages on our phones during class. Solid generation gap.

You need capital, labor, investment and a good number of educated people. I don't think a lot of third world countries tick all those requirements.
Their projects aren't megaprojects. They are just...projects.
Plus, with the way it's going, China is doing most of the grunt work on behalf of a lot of African countries.

Trying to civilize niggers!

>any skyscraper above 300m easily
literally the top 20 most expensive buildings in the entire world hover around 1.5 billion, the average skyscraper is nowhere near 1 billion

I graduated 4 years ago. Already feel old
I don't necessarily agree with this. India will be mostly troubled with the migration from Bangladesh. I hope India is smart enough to start working against that asap. They also don't have water scarcity in the way we think. They have a shit ton of rivers from the himalayas that isn't in any danger of drying up. They have economic water scarcity. The supply isn't matching the demand because of their shit infrastructure. If they have a brain, they'll work on that too.
Then there is Nepal, who is looking into selling water to China, India and Bangladesh.
India has the money, do they have the brains?

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

>Yongsan International Business District
We will make this from 2021.

Attached: yongsan.png (764x3945, 3.92M)

ive heard about this
seems very cool

>One of the differences between them is that India is apparently going to be hit a lot harder by climate change.
>I wonder how the rich coastal front regions will react to rising water over the decades

What are you talking about?
An overwhelming majority of China's population, wealth and industry lies near the coast with 3 of the 5 largest urban conglomerates being coastal. Indias population centers tend to be central and northern.

Not only that, being being as reliant on seaborne trade as China, a rise in sea level means losing all those large natural harbors that allows for such a huge capacity in the first place. China has 14 of the worlds 50 busiest container ports. Losing those would absolutely cripple the Chinese economy.

TheShimizu TRY 2004 Mega-City Pyramidis a proposedShimizu Corporationproject for the construction of a massivearcology-pyramid overTokyo BayinJapan. The structure would house 1,000,000 people. The structure would be 2,000 meters (6,561 feet) high, including five stackedtrusses, each with similar dimensions to that of theGreat Pyramid of Giza. This pyramid would help answer Tokyo's increasing lack of space, although the project would only handle a small fraction of the population of theGreater Tokyo Area.
The proposed structure is so large that it could not be built with current conventional materials, due to their weight. The design relies on the future availability of super-strong lightweight materials based oncarbon nanotubespresently being researched. The plan was to start construction in 2030, but no further action has been taken. Shimizu is still determined to complete the project by 2110, making history as the largest man-made structure in Earth's history.

Attached: article-1354540-0D133175000005DC-475_964x486.jpg (964x486, 88K)

Delusional

i dont know mate, if anyone can pull it off its the japs

The submarine is nice, but we'll only see the first production one in 2025 or more.

Attached: file.png (1280x853, 1.76M)

nips can't even pull off recovery of their fertility rate or their economy, let alone one of the most impressive feats of engineering the world has ever seen

>Yongsan International (((Business))) District
Fixed that for you gook

this. its an advertising project. itll go bust in 2 years and the owners will scarper with the cash

imagine all the chinese and filipino labourers they'd need to bring in to build that

Stop experimenting with time travel

Hello where da ayylien wimminz at :DDD

Attached: file.png (213x213, 72K)

>filipino labourers
Nips would be lucky to get even a middle-aged one in 2030.

Jesus christ how horrifying

Attached: pizza girl.jpg (600x450, 59K)

In our government's infrastructure program, we're lacking about 500,000 labourers to build those bridges and trains, even though our overseas workers have started coming home since 2017, most are already in their late 30s and would prefer starting up new businesses instead.