Spanish vs Esperanto

To satisfy the language requirements in university, I can either take one year of Esperanto or two years of Spanish.

Which language should I learn? Can I be harmed by learning a useless language?

Attached: esperanto changzhou.jpg (1080x720, 44K)

portuguese of course the last flower of lazio is the best flower

This

Portuguese is not offered, only Italian, German, Chinese, Arabic, and Latin.

You’ll be fluent in like a month or two if you take Esperanto, then Spanish will be easy mode since you’ll already have a large corpus of Latin vocabulary ingrained in your memory, two birds with one stone.

Lernu Esperanton main amikon.

Esperanto is an unnatural spawn of Jewish globalist agenda and completely useless but is probably a lot easier to learn than Spanish.
Spanish is actually somewhat useful especially to an American such as yourself.

The only Spanish speakers that I interact with are in the Service industry and they know enough English to do their jobs. So Spanish and Esperanto are something I would equally give up after college.

The main reason I feel like many people study Esperanto is simply to get the requirement done with in less time/money.

Is there even any somewhat influential institution that is actively or at least planning on using Esperanto? Besides some maymay religions like Bahai or what not.
>The Chinese translation of "Esperanto" means "World language"
Neat

The United Nations uses Esperanto via UNESCO.
However the U.N. has a very strict language policy where six languages are official. And no one wants to add or remove one for political reasons. And in practice everyone only uses English and French. No one wants to learn a useful language in the U.N. like Russian, yet alone a made up like Esperanto.
Esperanto was popular in the past, but English won the race.

No one speaks Spanish besides immigrant trash to each other.
Knowing Spanish will only help you get a job if your job is to work in the fast food industry.

>Esperanto was popular in the past, but English won the race.
Well, if even the most globalist-supporting kind of people are not that interested in bringing attention to it and pushing the usage of it quite strongly, then I dont know what would.
I dont say I would support those, but I wished they would stand their ground and their ideology desu.

esperanto is an abomination pinched off by a Jew.
Take Spanish

How is Spanish not a mandatory second language for Americans? It'd be super useful to you

Probably in your country, but if you want to exploit latin america it'll be easier if you speak the language

>mandatory language
>freedom
This is why Poland is still a third world country, even after communism was defeated.

I am just a gringo who will probably end up living in a mostly white city for the rest of my life.
If I do travel, it wold be in a first world country where people most can communicate in English.

You don't have a second language course in high school?

In America, you can pick between several languages. We respect freedom of choice and don't force people to learn the language of a particular people.

Why do you ask for recommendations or poinrs of view if you're already set in your frame? what a fucking pointless thread

you will be a permavirgin if you do not choose spanish

I will probably end up learning Spanish.
I just find it funny that people are pretending that Spanish is useful. There is no reasoning behind forcing students to learn a language. It's part of liberal ideology brainwashing. I am in school to learn useful skills. Not show off how I woke I am because I can speak with a handful of immigrants I interact with one a month or so.

If you want to actually utilize it in business, take Spanish

If you don't want to try that hard, take Esperanto because it's easy af

Only if you need to pick up cheap day laborers at home depot

>I can either take one year of Esperanto
what kind of fagot would do that?

Is not useful if you don't make it useful, you caould learn fucking ancient greek and spend your life as a translator making good money but since you think learning is "liberal brainwashing", you may as well decide which to "learn" by flipping a coin: you'll waste your time nonetheless

fucking canadians...
dont listen to him spanish is hard but esperanto is useless

Does your uni offer so little choice? No French or Japanese? Why not take German or Chinese?

If you think 2nd language is not useful or a distraction, go for Esperanto so you can save a year of hassle.

Oh I forgot French.
They used to teach Vietnamese but they stopped in the 80s, after much protesting/local media attention.

Three kinds of people take the class.
1. People who want to save time and focus on taking classes related to their major.
2. Slackers who don't want to spend two years learning badly spoken Italian.
3. Actual autists who think the language is a good idea.