Is 21 years too old to go to university? asking for a friend

Is 21 years too old to go to university? asking for a friend

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

yes

no

maybe

nope, you're 3 years late which means you'll enter the job market at around 30 but it's better than not having a diploma
just do it

professor is 60 years old
don't worry about it

It's never too late for higher education.

No its not. Im 22 and starting this year. Or im 23. I forget

No. All the "going later" types I met actually tried and were much more intelligent than the people who didn't care but went with the flow after high school.

The only thing that makes university right for someone is that they take it seriously.

Is 21 too late to improve yourself? Or are you going to make the same thread 9 years from now asking if 30 is too old to go to university?

Thanks for the replies, I just applied for a buisness degree for this summer

Attached: 1485555347328.jpg (747x754, 71K)

Good on you. Its always good to improve yourself. I genuinely hope you all the best.

You said you were asking for a friend you liar!

Attached: 1478375995886.jpg (412x430, 29K)

Thanks man, just tired of drowning in self-pity and NEETdom, I will try my hardest to not slack off and actually pull through

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

You're never too old to learn or improve your life.

We're on the same boat.

Exactly my thoughts, I'm one of the people who just went with the flow and I remember most of the "top dogs" of my year being always older than me.
I'll always regret not waiting for at least a couple more years and having a taste of the real world before starting college. Maybe I would've actually tried to learn something.

Being older will actually help you, as people will actually take you more seriously when you have to give presentations for your business classes.

No, I went back to uni at 23 for a 2nd degree. You classmates will be for the most part 17-18 braindead zoomers tho

So how do you manage the interaction part with them?

You don't need to interact with them unless you're a brainlet who needs help with the material or you get put on group projects.

I'm 29 and im 2 years away from getting my degree. Was stuck dealing with a bunch of snot filled kids in my classes but I think it is worth it.
With my old job at a warehouse I had been climbing the ladder, probably would had made more if I continue with it but with a marine biology degree I want to be out there, at least maybe in a lab instead of having the life suck out of me in a warehouse looking over people suffering the same way I did when I was in their position.

Trust me, its worth it just to do something else with your life.

Attached: 1434511004911.png (299x299, 163K)

kinda this although karma is a fucking bitch and I fell hard in love with a 17yo slag. She friendzoned me right away though

Nah. Life is long. I'm reentering this year when I'm 20. Dont sweat it

I dropped out, was a neet for a long time, and now I returned to university.
I'm 27 and I'm not even near the end of my course.
I'm completely fucked

Why you dropped out?

I hated University and my course (I still do) ,and I am in a dead end because in high school I choose humanities

No, im 23 and about to drop out i hate university

>high school I choose humanities
Is that permanent? I don't know how it works in Portugal.
Here, at any age, you can choose any degree as long as you pass in the entrance exam.

Kek

Same year, but I will never be able to have good grades on the mathematics entrance exames since I didn't have maths in the last 3 years of high school, and I was never good at maths

>*same here

>dumbtugal

Don't worry user, I'm on a first year and I know people approaching their thirties doing their degree same time as me

I’m 24yo and currently enrolled university. I previously finished college so I’m trying to get my BA and maybe I can try out a masters if I feel like it but rn I feel like shit going back.

Hm, we have something called "Cursinhos pré-vestibulares"(pic related) which is basically a cram school preparing for the entrance exam.
Depending on the university and degree, you only need 1 year of it to pass.

Attached: orocó-curso.jpg (589x589, 56K)

I see 40 year olds doing CS programs at my place.

Yeah im going now 2 years out of school and i think its good choice. I just didnt have the life skills or general knowledge right out of school to move and srufy properly.
And its not a big deal because in my state you graduate at 17 and a bachelors degree here is only 3 years.

:(
Isso não existe cá, nunca ouvi falar disso

I see. Here it's quite popular because of our entrance exams being quite difficult.
Some of us even have to take 2 years worth of cram school to pass in some universities like ITA(very competitive)

Attached: page_13.jpg (960x1521, 151K)

Nah you good
Alot of people end up changing their course out of uni which sets them back a year or two esentially putting you at the same level

Além disso seria só um nicho muito pequeno em Portugal, só de pessoas na minha situação, pois para acesso à universidade além dos exames também conta a média do secundário

I changed majord at 20 and it was the best decision ive made.
Make sure you really want to study what you're after. Motivation is very important too. If you feel motivated you'll do great things, trust me.

no, you're good

>29 year old in his final semester

Because he's his own best and only friend, user. Why can't you understand that?

Attached: mA59xMZ5_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

No, he's fucked and so are you

what makes you think so?

>pois para acesso à universidade além dos exames também conta a média do secundário
É um pouco diferente aqui no Brasil. Eles só avaliam a nota do exame e nada mais.
Como é só o exame, eles precisam fazer as provas extremamente difíceis já que o curso inteiro é de graça com a exceção de alguns valores.
E isso deixa algumas universidades extremamente difíceis de passar:
>Its undergrad program acceptance rate in 2016 was only 1.12% (140 accepted students out of 12493 nationwide applicants).
Eu lembro dos tempos em que eu me lascava fazendo Cursinho, talvez aí seja mais acessível a dificuldade.
Se você está realmente infeliz com o curso, tente mudar, vale a pena tentar. Muitos amigos meus mudaram de curso e todos eles acabaram gostando da decisão.
De qualquer modo, boa sorte.

No one will hire a graduate, with 30 years old and 0 work experience

it's only too late if you are a female

I do have work experience though.

What?

If you have work experience in your area, that's different

m8 you're pretty much the age you're supposed to be, what are you worried about
within 3 or 4 years you'll feel silly even fretting about this, I can 100% guarantee you