Why do North Italians hate South Italians so much?

Why do North Italians hate South Italians so much?

Attached: map_italy.jpg (242x242, 29K)

Does Australia not have a Norf vs Souf?

Attached: typical street in the souf.png (942x712, 90K)

real talk: why does italy look so much like a high-heeled shoe?

Everyone hates southern italians.

Impartial guy here with no italian ancestry: they have an inferiority complex towards terronis.

Attached: 16e9ba041aed31d8d5316b99ec6b8800.png (5300x6785, 985K)

south italy is basically solely responsible for every single thing italy has invented or achieved historically, northern italians are seething snowniggers living in mud huts in comparison

There's a reputation of southern Italy being an underdeveloped, dirty, mafia infested shithole. I know that a lot of italians like to make fun of Naples for being the Italy equivalent of a rat's anus.

I think it's bc South Italy used to be owned by the Spanish. It was already pretty poor but the spaniards fucked it even harder and it never recovered.

this

Padanians think that Terrone are a parasite region

They are right

I knew Southern Italy was poor but I never knew it was that poor.

bcoz northern italians are a bunch of bourgeoise rich motherfuckers and southern italians are hard workers who goes north to get jobs at the factories of great cities like torino, milano and city ports like genoa
southern italians are called terrone by northern italians in allusion to the work in plantations and farms

The North is and has been for a long time wealthier than the South. There's also a linguistic difference between the two ends of the country. I don't know why there is hate though.

The same reason why south Brazilians hate north goblinos; because they're not white and they're lazy.

Attached: 1547394600803.jpg (1600x1200, 479K)

Attached: 1471425419677.png (856x756, 36K)

top kek

I guess PPS means shit, people go to Eastern Europe to have cheap girls, not to Southern Italy

Mafia run the south

North italians are more logical.
South Italians are more artistic

nobody lives in their north

There's some abos and crocodiles there

someone make a kaiserreich version of this

male it yourself you fat worthless piece of paki shit (love you)

>Not a single Italian in this thread

They're all having breakfast.

My grandparents are from Calabria, and I have family in a bunch of cities throughout Italy. It comes down to Southerners being viewed as poor and stupid, while Northerners have industry and jobs. Also Southerners tend to vote more conservative. This is what my family in Italy told me.

Because they waste our resources

Attached: viVfhZ7.png (872x925, 455K)

>uk (except london) is poorer then east germany
holy shit

Nordini have never invented anything culturally relevant. Everything people know about Italy was invented by Southerners.

Northerners have an inferiority complex towards southerners

Expecially since we demographically cucked them hard

The Renaissance came out of the north

you have to understand that for most of its history, what are now considered Italian regions, were actual kingdoms that were warring each other. Each region has its dialect, some are barely Italian anymore. Even though all these regions are now called Italy, the grudges are still deeply rooted. That's a long-running meme, to hate other regions. On the individual level, though, there's no quarrel between a southerner and a northerner.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (604x453, 50K)

melbourne vs sydney is the closest they would get.

arguments over name for potato cakes/potato scollops
arguments over afl vs nrl
arguments over if melbourne or sydney is better etc

Everything from the Renaissance onwards is from northern Italy.

terroni

lombardia is worse than tuscany
all my keks

Attached: 1390232775117.gif (200x193, 1.84M)

To be fair, its the kind of place that a broken, leaning building is a national monument and a foetid swamp with half sunken buildings in it is considered romantic

Attached: TJ0035.jpg (500x500, 44K)

>with no italian ancestry
C'mon Juan Rossi ...

>I think it's bc South Italy used to be owned by the Spanish
Spaniards fucked all up and introduced retarded feudalism and turbo-catholicism.

Then the piemontèises (basically half french) came and conquered the whole peninsula.

That's why we're fucked

> inb4 i've a surname of normannic origin and i'm a natural ginger green eyes. Maybe i've to move away from that fucking volcanic island

Single regions compared with foreigner states

Attached: gdpitalian regions.png (1000x1143, 293K)

reminder that surgery was first performed in south italy

They also owned Milano's Duchy and part of Tuscany and they are not as bad. Nice try, keks.

nice meme, the kingdom of the 2 sicilies was the richest and most advanced state in the italian peninsula.

At the second Expo which was held in Paris in 1856 the Kingdom of the two Sicilies was awarded third place for industrial development in Europe, after the United Kingdom and France.

>Naples was the first city in the world to supply running water to houses

>It was also the first city in Italy to have gas street lighting as early as 1839 and electrical street lighting in 1855.

>The first railway line in Italy connected Naples to Portici and was completed in 1839.

shut up terrone, nothing good has never came out of your shithole

Attached: Vitigni-Trentino.jpg (800x647, 151K)

because most of the money that circulates there is untraceable, a lot of people are working off the books

Imagine actually believing this

Having a hard time believing that it wasn’t the normans the ones who introduced feudalism.
They were turbo-french after all.

it was not

Attached: preuni.png (574x415, 256K)

>nice meme, the kingdom of the 2 sicilies was the richest and most advanced state in the italian peninsula.
'muh Pino Aprile''

alias L'uomo che non cita le fonti

Ma se invece di ''alloshtato ci devve aggjiutare'' non pensate a prendervi anche le vostre responsabilità?

Tutto perfetto li da voi, sempre colpa degli altri

MILLE adolescenti padani e rinnegati siculi e lucani che sconfiggono un esercito regolare e ben addestrato di 200.000 uomini.

fa ancora ridere dopo quasi 160 anni

Poi però mi raccomando ''noi del zudd pezdiamo tutti assangueh ihihi''.

In Victoria 2, Two Sicilies is the most backwards nation in Italy, so I'm going to trust the Swedes on this

>Milano's Duchy
Lombards are almost catalans (even their languages are from the same subfamily of romance languages), that's why they're rich.

Cause girls in EE are pretty, whereas girls around the Mediterranean are short and hairy.
South Italians are descended from Greeks.

t. Jordi

Go visit and you'll see. My wife's family are from near Corleone and everyone in the area is legit retarded or mafia. Her cousin died in a 'hunting accident' a few years ago after supposedly shooting himself in the head yet still managing to call an ambulance. Also his dad went to prison because he was working for Toto Riina but is out now and working as a pimp. The place needs to be nuked.

They are disgusting mafiosi criminals with no respect for civilized life and very lazy, but that goes for Romans too

>marrying a dago

u wot m8? Two Sicilies was the richest country in southern Europe. it's the polentoni who destroyed it

this also helps

Attached: not a reddit filename.png (640x732, 293K)

It's a complex topic but I'll try to boil it down.
Unification of Italy started right on robbing the south and favoring the north (where political power was established, the capital of Italy was Turin before being transferred to Rome).
So the north had state incentives for industrialization and laws were enforced, while the south has been left to agricoltural feudalism and law enforcement has never been implemented, if not to suppress uprisings among exploited peasants.
On these basis the south grew increasingly hostile and resentful to the state, with the latter being basically absent if not to repress and collect taxes. This created the roots of organised crime: the popular uprisings lost any hope to change the things for the better and turned into a series of secret societies.
The north grew relatively rich (poverty was widespread in the north too up to the 1960s), and being a population living in an otherwise unfortunate region of italy (it's just a wasteland neglected of the classic mediterranean beauty that is generally associated with Italy) they started to believe they were better than the southeners, who were seen as incapable of being industrios and civilized.
The real hate started with the economic boom of the 50s-60s where the economic differences were further increased: politics still favored the north and left the south stagnating. This led to a mass immigration from the south to the northern industrial cities.
This mass immigration just aggravated the relative sentiments: the north considered immigrants dirty, inferior, prone to crime and violence; the south felt exploited, mistreated and marginalized by northeners.
With the beginning of the end of the economic boom a general sentiment of further prejudice against the south formed in the north and gave birth to the "Lega Nord" party, who advocated secession from the leeching south and the corrupted political power based in Rome. This was the '90s.

Because they like us but they’re too autistic to come out clean about it, much like an 10 year old who talks shit on a girl because he doesn’t know how to get her attention

Attached: 20A51369-6683-42B7-83DE-C1CD495CFC75.jpg (300x369, 77K)

In the '00s and the '10s the hate was redirected toward extra communitary immigrants, who became the new spooks in place of the "terroni". The north's economy gradually collapsed and it's not stopping going down the drain.
This humbled the proud north and shifted the hate from southeners to non italian immigrants, but still there is residual of it especially in small towns were people tend to be inbred brainlets.
In 2019 the south is still a "stateless" territory (but with that twist that politics and organised crime became heavily interwoven), the north is still favored but fell a lot out of grace compared to the past, and unemployment has become a harsh reality even there (in the past it was believed that if one was unemployed he didn't just wanted to work).

tl;dr Italian internal politics is a big mess and you probably will never understand it, even if you are italian

Negger

they bring us down

Thank you

>north Italian
you mean Tuscans?
>south italians
you mean Romans?

or do you mean gaulic barbarians
and filthy southron gr*eks?

>if one was unemployed he didn't just wanted to work
That's still true. I could find a job in a week if I wanted. Also the "stateless" south is still being flooded with gibs and will be even more. Yet you can't fix your shit and blame all on mafia.

I don't give a fuck about them

he meant kill yourself

Forgot to mention the fascist era, but it didn't last long enough to permanently change the north vs south dynamics. It lasted 20 years, that in the grand scheme of things is not enough, and ended tragically having had Italy heavily involved with nazi Germany in ww2 (which is the heaviest criticism upon it), with the subsequent destruction and rejection of fascism itself.
I'm not fascist, but it would be intellectually dihonest to deny its effort for building a unified italian sentiment and a united country.
While still pandering to the powerful industrial families of the north, the south has seen reforms and actual law enforcement. Organized crime was remarkably pinned down (that's how lots of italian criminals ended up in the US), along with secret societies like freemasonry.
It was deeply encouraged to use the italian language as everyday language (most people spoke dialects only), and to reject the use of foreign words.
Of course it all come with the bad things associated that come along with totalitarian states, but it was quite loght handed compared to nazism.

>That's still true. I could find a job in a week if I wanted.
Unless you live in Trentino or some shit like that, no fucking way. I know a lot of ppl not being able to find a job when their workplaces went belly up, for a long time, and most of them had to resort to much less qualified (and less paid) jobs. Even if you have a job, the fear of losing it is high and that's why people don't spend money and we are in recession.
Not to mention that a lot of "jobs" around are basically scams: fraudolent telemarketing or unpaid internships that never land a real job.
Denying this is just spreading false information.

Do people in Trentino understand German too?

No, Italian and Ladin