Attached: image.jpg (1200x893, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mqAf5lOJZew
github.com/George66/Textbook
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What kind of maths are you studying?

calculus

Maybe youre just a idiot

It is not, but usually they teach you stupid things at school instead of real math. Like quazillion tricks to solve differential equations by pen and paper.

do the hw properly and don't rely on answers

are you involved STEM by any chance?

Calculus is not hard, calculus tests are.
If Mexico is anything like Brazil, then it's used in universities as a way to weed out people on the first/second semester.

>Like quazillion tricks to solve differential equations by pen and paper.

but that way it's more fun

Vavilov's lectures on algebra are very good on YouTube.

It wasn't fun in XVIII, but they had no choice back then. But now you should start from the groups and abstract algebra.

because maths is for nerds, virgins, betas and losers
real men, alphas and Chads who get pussy on the regular all think maths is hard

then you are fucked if you are ugly and stupid

tfw cant into basic arithmetic

it's all practice

>maths is for nerds, virgins, betas and losers
How about NO?
youtube.com/watch?v=mqAf5lOJZew

tfw failed basic algebra

why does everyone have to learn it?
I get an engineer needing it, but I had to take introductory calculus as part of an accounting program

i think not, there are some people very good in calculus but can't do simple single digit multiplication

>
i don't get it

That's a form of art actually, math is not the science.

it isn't as it is logical, and there aren't debates or personal opinion that can affect it. you can be the worst unappealing person on heart, but if you do math good none can debate it. this doesn't happens in other disciplines, where personal opinions and quality of exposition is more valued than the substance.

That may sound arrogant or obnoxious but maths isn't all that hard
It's easy to panic over maths because you can't take a grasp at the whole thing, you can't do it when you don't understand the whole inner working and you feel like you're asked to do dumb specific tasks and not knowing how it functions makes you go crazy
But it goes with slow steps, maths is all about the rules and at first you must memorize them without asking questions and see how they interact with each others. The inner workings of it comes naturally after and you'll suddenly see how the rules all merge on harder problems.
I know about it, maths has always been hard and scary for me but I always liked it nonetheless. The hardest is at the beginning

Attached: 1520044928354.png (516x478, 167K)

fuck math, i don't trust that shit

what's giving you trouble? basic for each epsilon exists delta? that's easy, but there are some concepts that are just beyond brainlets, even in calc 1 such as riemann sums. either you get it or you don't basically

What is giving you trouble? I can probably help.

Hey you stupid fucking mathematician cunts would it fucking kill you to write out a goddamn sentence, with actual fucking words, once in a while explaining what the fuck it even is that you just fucking did or what the fuck I'm supposed to actually do with your stupid fucking abstract mathematical objects? I know you have some sick fetish/obsession with trying to explain everything with just numbers and symbols and using the least amount of words possible because you were probably such a fucking socially awkward weirdo your whole life that now you need to try and prove you're better than anyone at all making your fucking ideas unnecessarily obtuse and inaccessible to anyone but your snide little mathematician friends, but the only reason we keep you on the payroll is to come up with tools for us to use to solve real problems. Sure we let you dick around with your insanely nonsensical 97 dimensional semicuspidal manifolds or your hyperbolic triangles without embedded eigenvalues or whatever the fuck it is you assholes are doing all day. But that's just to keep you little shits busy so you don't bother the rest of us with your fucking bullshit periodic approximations of irrational pseudo-rotations using pseudoholomorphic curves. Jesus Fucking Christ. All I'm asking for is ONE (maybe 2) sentences explaining what the fuck this shit even represents. You can blame it on me. Tell your math buddies I snuck it and wrote 'words' while you weren't looking. Just please, for the love of god, tell the rest of us what you are doing and what you want us to do.

Attached: 1547400944722.jpg (326x325, 32K)

>because you can't take a grasp at the whole thing, you can't do it when you don't understand the whole inner working and you feel like you're asked to do dumb specific tasks and not knowing how it functions
That's the matter of teaching and I hate it. While the teacher could show you whole picture, and then describe what a particular piece is what and what for, usually it is done the most stupid way like "solve this kind of equations using that algorithm".

idiot

Just do exercises over and over again

>get formula
>learn how to apply formula
>get problem
>apply formula to problem
>write down answer

Wow, math is so hard.

Calculus is not hard

Analytical geometry is fucking harder

>Analytical geometry
oh yeah fuck that shit too, too many formulas

CALCULUS OH NONONONONONONONNONONONOONONONONO AHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA LMAO
undergraduates can be so funny

Attached: 9743763563.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>That second panel
Fuck, I forgot how much I hated thermodynamics.
Thanks for ruining my day, faggot OP

There's the thing: they aren't

because high level maths require a huge abstraction capacity, so basically high IQ. tl;dr normies are stupid therefore normies have troubles in maths

To filter all the literal retards might have something to do with it.

>usually it is done the most stupid way like "solve this kind of equations using that algorithm".
That was the case in secondary school for me. Now I'm studying maths in university and the way it's taught by showing us the whole picture - as in we we're given motivations for why we need certain things, given definitions, axioms which then give rise to theorems, propositions, lemmas, etc. which are applied to different problems.
Personally I preferred maths in school since I just had to sit in class, see how to do the question and then I could get good results with little study. In university my grades aren't good because proving different results in an exam is a pain, be it ad hoc on the spot from my knowledge of definitions, axioms, lemmas, etc. or just rote learning proofs beforehand and spitting them out in the exam. Applying maths to problems you just solve algorithmically is easy and fun compared to other schoolwork you could be doing. The theoretical side of maths is more boring for the most part although it depends on the subject

>TFW already failed my first attempt at calculus finals
I feel you bro. Im a literal brainlet that had math twice a week in HS and other kids from gymnasium. I couldnt do even basic math operations. But I got so much better, I had great teacher here at uni. I think I will succeed on one of the two other attempts. Just stay strong and get a tutor if you dont know how to proceed

other kids from gymnasium already knew half of what we are taught here*

hmm why does accounting need maths?

filtering retards.
filtering people who think they dont have to put in effort and still get a degree

>tfw to dumb to pass algebra and to smart to not pass analysis
it's literally just calculating and I'm failing it

It's very badly explained generally, prolly on purpose.

i failed my maths gcse

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (280x291, 88K)

Mathematics is my favorite subject in academics.
It makes me feel happy to solve problems, it's all like puzzles, like sudokus, or chess, or video games.

someone tell me how to determine kernel of a homomorphism

my american ass doesn't know what either of those are

Subset of morhisms' group that includes only the morphisms which are mapped to identity morphism in another group.

>engineer needing it
95% of engineers never do anything more complex than basic algebra and trigonometry.

Yeah. I remember acing some exams about differential equations where we had to solve like cauchy euqation this laplace equation that but I have no recollection of what either of those things were and more importantly we never did the basic shit like summing something up with its own derivative - hence I still don't have a clue where all the exponents come from. All we did was just memorize some stupid algorithm for solving some equations that we didn't even know what they're used for.

Morphisms are transformations, say functions. From one set of things to another.
Homomorphisms are such transformations that preserve some structure that defined on the source set.

ty rusbro but already solved :)

Who here /lowiq/????

Come back when you've gotten raped by div grad and rot, kiddo

t. civil engineer

Em

Attached: 1512393362357.jpg (699x919, 214K)

Wrong.

If you read in Russian, the best category theory textbook is github.com/George66/Textbook
No topology, no homotopy, based on pure logic.

Because you're fat and stupid

I can barely add without thinking about it for 20 seconds and I don't know all my multiplication tables

Attached: 1528924075465.gif (600x502, 37K)

lmao this is why i study law
fuck you nerds

>law
OH NONONONO

It's based on logic, the same as math.

I keep shortcut with calc on my phone
works out

easy study, easy money.
and i can sit here with70% women for years while you have to sit in the incel parade.
yeah but logic based on insight instead of logic based on effort

slept through my first year calc midterm and dropped it
Taking it again now. Love math.