University and school

What is education in your cunt like?
I study chemistry at a small state university in the northeast, I'd say it is pretty good.
>Live (with parents) literally 15 minutes walking distance from the campus
>Pay around 11k a year
(it was half that like 12 years ago when my professor attended)
>"General education requirements" make you take meme courses like art and fitness
>Foreign language requirement
>Senior research project
>Takes 4 years of this to obtain a Bachelor's degree

Attached: 1543144498513.jpg (961x816, 239K)

it sucks i don't want to be 31 and do bs but i want to get a bs, it still sucks, remember kids, do well the first time

>11k/year
How wealthy are your parents? Do they pay outright or are you in debt?

are chemistry or chemical engineering good degrees?

i got good grades in uni and still work as a plumber because it pays better and has less responsibility than designing electrical grids for municipalities

>11k a year
jesus christ.

>Pay around 11k a year
yikes
I pay 2k dollaridoos for dorm fee, public transport and groceries a year

Chemical engineering is extremely good if you live in or want to work in an oil country

everything before university is luck, you need to get good teachers, after that is good, but people here are lazy cunts who will blame the government for being too lazy to actually read books intead of just going to class for 2 hours and never touch the material for the rest of the day

Attached: CgAYyu4.jpg (807x719, 76K)

they pay around 5500 each semester, we own some houses around the area that we rent out to Ecuadorians
this is considered "affordable" since there are private schools in America that have tuition around 50k, on top of boarding

Attached: 1546788629023.png (657x527, 51K)

I would like to study chemistry, but even community college is a rip off.

Attached: 1547347242129.jpg (351x351, 16K)

meme major that only losers and girls take.
we shouldn't even list it as part of science studies since all what you have to do is learn by heart the hundred of boring mechanisms.

Education in Syria is really cheap but I'm studying here in a private Saudi university (around 12k dollars/year) thanks to my rich Papa

wtf if you think cc is expensive how will you afford uni?

I'm doing a degree in business management pretty meme degree but I'm working part time and will move into management when I finish so it is what it is.

Czechs get free education, right?

Our politicans are idiots here.

The neigboring county has a community college.

If I lived a mile away it would be cheaper.

But the idiots in this county allowed that college to build a branch in this country but didn't give us a reduced tuition to go along with it.

The private trade school here is even more than that.

I get free education paid for by indian bux. Royalties from farmers located on reserve land pay for my linguistics degree.
Like 6.8k a year for open studies so far. But when I start doing my major in September here, its gonna roughly be 13.6k a year

I study law in Moscow and live with my parents.
pay 0, because I passed the exams well enough.

Guess I’ll find out once I use my GI bennies for something most likely dentistry related.
>inb4 uererjejrfrreeeerrrr
I’m going into the Navy as a dental assistant, fuck off. Hoping to come out a hygienist.

chemistry is biology-tier as far as job availability goes. chemical engineering is pretty good.

studying CS in a top uni in my cunt. pretty good, all courses are hard, interesting and im having loads of fun learning. gonna graduate and become a millionaire in a few years

Attached: 1530006447926.png (727x582, 187K)

based shlomo

not really, but it's pretty easy job
get into medicine, IT or CAD for $$
programmer makes 2-4 times the money a chemical engineer makes
yeah
private schools exist, but everyone takes it as a giant scam that exist only to give rich lazy dum-dums a fancy title

History here.
Courses are cheap, but at least 30% of the "students" in the classes are openly Stalin-sympathisers, while I don't how and what the other 70% who keep their mouth shut think.
Are you the guy who does work in revitalising first-nation languages?

I applied for pharmacy and medical engineering for next semester, will probably be accepted for both
which one should I pick?

Attached: 827.png (680x638, 250K)

what is medical engineering?

I study workplace safety engineering.
>live with parents
>pay nothing/year because college is free if your maturity exam went good enough
>campus is 30 minutes away by tram
The only thing I pay for is a quarterly tram ticket which costs around $30.

designing/building/operating medical equipment

Ontario is heavily subsidizing tuition now depending on your parent's income so you won't have to pay more than about 2-5k but I think it's still much cheaper in Quebec. Everytime Quebec tries raising tuition you end up with riots.

I graduated last quarter. My degree was physics from a top 10 public uni.
>tfw hikkiNEET browsing Jow Forums 9 hrs a day

Attached: 234325c2252c2.jpg (738x800, 105K)

>live with parents, 30 minutes walking distance from UiT
>higher education at public universities are tax funded
>only non relevant class for me is ex phil (philosophy class)
>takes 3 years to get a bachelor's degree

Why don't you earn $ 10,000 a month yet?

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

medical engineering is a weird combination of electrical engineering and biology right? i'd go with that, pharmacy looks like the first profession to be automated

he smart

Attached: cutie.png (225x225, 7K)

but I just want a comfy lab job :'(

originally wanted to do physics instead of chem, but since the school is small they did not offer any physics degrees

Attached: 1544373004136-1.jpg (1200x893, 165K)

yes it's just engineering specialized for medical equipment
and thanks for the advice, automation also made me question pharmacy already...

You don't want a lab job. So many people are forced to work on contracts so they don't get benefits and they're let go when it expires. You have to constantly keep switching jobs if you aren't able to find a permanent position.

which uni?

BШЭ

I'm studying law at one of the biggest universities in the country, I pay 2k a year and get 390 euros student grants that I don't have to pay back from the government. It's 3 years bachelor + 1 year master and after that I'll get a "civiel effect" that grants me access to toga jobs, but I'll have to finish 2,5 years of lawyer school first and also be a lawyer-intern for 3 years I think(?)

Is farmaceutical chemistry good in ur cunts?

come back to souria sir. your country needs you.

Attached: 1476465241857.png (657x642, 92K)

Holy crap, suprised anyone remembers that, but yeah I think so, unless there’s another guy

here it's shit, chemistry and chemical engineering are the most shit tier jobs with the least salary since the industry is nonexistant here and no oil. most people who do these degrees end up going to a coding bootcamp and becoming codemonkeys

pure maths, EE or Cs?

lets see what /his/ thinks of your post-secondary education

Attached: D0EEE3B0-DE82-4549-9EF1-35E30E37DC11.jpg (720x720, 111K)

I studied humanities, literal full year of my life dedicated to Greek and Roman antiquity
>"You're not Western"

Pretty good for a Central American country

EE is god tier, CS is great too. Math is patrician but only if you're planning on being an academic, otherwise it's probably better to go CS or EE

I studied IT in my regional state university in the south, I wish I'd never join it.

>no IT classes after the 2nd year of study
>only learned how to write text and build classes
>the only thing they tried to learn us is how to solve economic problems in Excel

I don't know why this shit is even called IT.

Currently I'm studying for Master's degree in the same uni, and I pay for it ~1300$ per year, because I was too retarded to pass the exams and gain the budget place in this uni, and too retarded to try another one. Probably the biggest mistake of my life which was forced on me by my parents:
>you should pay because otherwise you will be taken in the army and won't be able to apply for the next 2 years

Basically better than the army, yeah. But my current job doesn't pay it off.

do you actually know anything from studying? or have all classes since 2nd year been useless? also what uni?

>do you actually know anything from studying? or have all classes since 2nd year been useless?
They were useless and not related to IT, but since I still had to pass the exams I know how to solve simple mathematical equations and use math methods in physics and economics. But I really don't want to work with this in the future.

The only IT subject we had on the 3rd year of study was called "databases". It was a shit subject and we were using the Microsoft Visual FoxPro to create and work in the databases. No SQL or shit.

>also what uni?
I won't tell the exact name since it can help for doxxing me, sorry. Just a state uni in one of the southern regions of Russia. We have state unis in every region.

>The only IT subject we had on the 3rd year of study was called "databases". It was a shit subject and we were using the Microsoft Visual FoxPro to create and work in the databases. No SQL or shit.
kek. that's not IT user. you should work on improving yourself independently in your free time if school is like that, if you like IT and know english and are willing to learn you can

>I won't tell the exact name since it can help for doxxing me, sorry. Just a state uni in one of the southern regions of Russia. We have state unis in every region.
didnt mean to dox, i have a cousin who's doing a postdoc (or whatever, you russkis have 2 different PhDs between which im not sure of the difference) in Ulyanovsk State University and from what i understand it's not that bad of a school

Studying law at a decent uni here, about to kill myself because my GPA for the last semester has just been released

gpa is just a number, user

Attached: 1547349874717.png (240x304, 15K)

Graduated six and a half years ago from electrical engineering. Let's see:
>worked for 4.5 years as a coding monkey for 65k in T*ronto
>job screwed up my head so been NEET for a year and a half now.
>working on my own projects hope I can finish
Back in my day *sips* a year at the uni ranged from 7k to 12k goose bucks. Uni times were hard but good. Its working that sucked (having idiotic boomer managers who dont know anything about tech and give you carrots and sticks didn't help).

I opted for plumber trade school. 7 months for 18k. I get financial aid and only have to pay 12k of that, 5k though ten years and the rest i have to come up with it somehow( more loans).