Why are americans so certain that the Earth is flat? What's their problem?

Why are americans so certain that the Earth is flat? What's their problem?

Attached: file.png (900x600, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOZd6t9uzhY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Shenton
gizmodo.com/5917230/did-you-know-that-the-burj-khalifa-is-so-tall-that-you-can-watch-two-sunsets-on-the-same-day
youtu.be/oebaU1d7wKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it is, retard

because in this country you're free to be as stupid as you want

Common sense, dude. They voted and the majority said that's flat. Democracy is good.

not just flat, that's old
it's hollow earth, that's the new

>What's their problem?
Their conservatism is going through a stronly anti-intellectual phase ushered in by alternative media and youtube intellectuals a la Ben Shapiro. Basically Americans have come to believe that because two positions in a debate are treated as equal they must both be equally valid and that objective reality is a matter of conviction. So you get flat earthers, young earth creationism, proponents of "intelligent design", anti-vaxxers, race realists, climate change deniers, etc.

>They voted
Unironically they have elected someone holding some of these positions and that has somehow legitimized them in their eyes.

They now live in the age of post-truth in which institutions such as science, fact based journalism and academy can all be regarded with "skepticism" and opinions can be re-interpreted as "truth" to better fit your ideological agenda. "Real" is now about what's "morally right" no matter how detached from objective reality.

>conservatism being anti-intellectual
>a phase
kek

There's all kinds of conservatives, not all oppose science or even some forms of progress. That conservatism is reactionary in nature doesn't mean it must always lead to idiocy.

American conservatism has always had an unusually backwards bent, eg slavery and segregation, but it's mainstream wasn't so openly anti-science through most of the 20th century.

Because it is flat. You'll never see the curvature of the world yourself.

Attached: 1537118269252.jpg (340x960, 52K)

Vaccines are bullshit.

Always the wrong strain of flu. Never works

Yes and you weren't born gay, anime poisoned you.

Flat mentality is the american mentality.

Attached: 1512260452201.jpg (662x640, 84K)

That's why smallpox it's rampant these days

Just about all diseases were on a downward trajectory thanks to proper hygiene practices.

Attached: 1545889710860.jpg (768x1084, 142K)

It is rampant because of illegal immigration.

why is it always new worlders that are batshit crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=WOZd6t9uzhY
OH NONONONONO

Attached: 1547061805982.jpg (962x1024, 101K)

Because in the American mind your pic is round, that's also why they call it football.

Attached: icwutudidthar.png (201x202, 50K)

Hey, don't lump us with with the angloids

We arent

It's not going over the curvature of the earth, it's just moving out of your perspective. Objects vanish into the horizon as they move further from you, can't see infinitely far.

Attached: PerSpeCtiVE.png (244x207, 10K)

He doesn't think that the world is flat.

What's a race realist?

And why does they vanish into the ground specifically? Almost as if they were going over some kind of curvature... hm....

>why is it always new worlders that are batshit crazy
It's from the UK.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Shenton

someone that acknowledges humans aren't all equal. You are racist to think east asians are smarter than subsaharan africans

Attached: economicfactors.png (625x910, 74K)

Perspective. I wouldn't expect a brainlet like you to understand. This guy is just going over the curvature of the field.

Attached: 43052463_1932811386807545_7602271037962584064_n.jpg (960x920, 117K)

Another form of science denying idiot peddling their views as if they were facts see

Alright, how do you explain this then?
gizmodo.com/5917230/did-you-know-that-the-burj-khalifa-is-so-tall-that-you-can-watch-two-sunsets-on-the-same-day

Perspective again. Look at the image of the guy walking on the field. If you were to raise that camera up 2 feet, you would see his full body again.

And how do you explain this image? Perspective again?

Attached: 96ea20faf8b974961e1389e99a0ffe74_original.jpg (1552x873, 143K)

Fish eyed lens or CGI. Anything from NASA or any space agency is not trustworthy

Attached: 42874249_691961231171000_807440112047620096_n.jpg (366x401, 31K)

Attached: file.png (700x438, 256K)

Ok, I'll just ask you this and then I won't bother you again, what does the elite gain from hiding from us that the earth is flat? And why did no one go to the south pole to verify it? Don't tell me they are patroling the seas to avoid people going there, it would be logistically impossible.

That's because the plain in the lower picture is curved. Vanishing Lines do not function like that.

Nice meme. Stars and planets aren't what you think they are. They aren't physical things you can land on but rather lights in the firmament above the water for telling of signs to come and the seasons.

The world is run by Satanists that want to kill God. Big bang theory + evolution + globe earth is the best way to do that. They tell us we are a spec of space dust in a giant meaningless universe. Reality is we are the center of the universe and everything there is. There is no space or other planets. You were made by a loving God with a purpose user.

Attached: 43289709_10156663143091192_1009425242793181184_n.jpg (734x746, 34K)

This is one dedicated troll, no one can be this retarded

Attached: fry.jpg (400x400, 14K)

It's alright user, I was a brainless sheep and believed everything I was told too once. I know you have never done any tests to prove the world is round yourself otherwise you would be a flat earther already.

Attached: 42779586_146587556290478_2244102055469776896_n.jpg (684x960, 75K)

Still don't believe any of this but at least you didn't chicken out

Attached: 1547013755668.png (251x201, 16K)

>. I know you have never done any tests to prove the world is round
It's part of our primary school curriculum

Attached: Pendulo Foucault catedral.jpg (683x1024, 275K)

Ha it's alright, I'm aware the concept is bat shit retarded and not easy to accept. I thought flat earth was a CIA psyop for the longest time until I really looked into it.

>still believing everything they teach at school
Lemme guess, you also think Amerifats landed on the moon and the holocaust happened.

Attached: 48417514_10213029286630086_2924714673779507200_n.jpg (720x720, 46K)

>the new

In the 1820s U.S. Secretary of State and soon to be President, John Q. Adams, authorized an expedition to the centre of the earth which he believed was hollow and that there was a race of men living there isolated from the surface.

I have never seen coriolis effect explained in flat earth. Do you have any drawings?

Not real

youtu.be/oebaU1d7wKM

Attached: corioliseffect.jpg (608x960, 133K)

The Michelson-Morley study concluded that there is no such thing as the aether

You don't actually expect a flat earther to understand the basics of special relativity I hope

The person who made this image didn't understand coriolis at all. You aren't affected by it when you stand on the same "ring"(parallel?) of the earth

my bad

I do wonder though how much of this attitude has been funded by rich people trying to skew politics. Where the idea would be that distrusting government en certain establishments leads to people supporting gutting them.

anti-vaxxers are predominantly Democrats; they are the ones that are all about muh Big Pharma. Conservatards still take the cake, though

So you have no argument, lmao
Science supports race realism dumb mexishit

#1 Goy award goes to (you)

Attached: cdc-vax-schedule-2016_mini.jpg (740x957, 155K)

which field? not taxonomy

>how much of this attitude has been funded by rich people trying to skew politics
There's certainly an influence from vested interests and you can even narrow it down to very specific donnors like the Koch brothers, as if anyone needed an aditional reason to consider lycra cancerous, American conservatives have always served corporate interests. Hell, even fucking xenophobia is useful to the people profiteering from the exploitation of undocumented migrants.

The modern Republican party basically works on the fundamental notion of getting the working poor to vote against their better interest.

based

>Polio spikes during the birth of anti-vaccination
Pure coincidence my dude

>Science supports race realism
No, it doesn't, race realism is contrary to scientific consensus and there's no non-circumstantial evidence for it, and that includes those dumbass extrapolations of twin studies.

No worthy institution, university or academy of sciences acepts race realism and I only add the moniker of "worthy" because propaganda fronts funded by white supremacism like the Ulster Institute exist.

Profiteering pseudo-intellectuals like Jordan Peterson hardly count as support from academia, race realism is as much a controversy in science as climate change or evolution, meaning not at all.

>believes in climate change and evolution

Big yikes.