I live in West Russia

I live in West Russia

Attached: 0054f854.jpg (1920x1440, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakutsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this picture is from before 2010
sad!

>bawww look at the grey sky, feel sorry for me pls

How's high school?

I have Nissan Qashqai just like the one on your picture

looks exactly like Warsaw

Doesn't even remotely look like Russia

True. Latin alphabet instead of Cyrillic

my countryman :)

Attached: eastern_russia.jpg (3648x2736, 2.08M)

Our pavement is very different and much worse, building are completely different, we don't have anything like this, no bright shiny traffic signs, no fences aside the road, it looks more like the US than Russia

Attached: Screenshot_20190114-235940.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

why are pipes above the ground?

Permafrost

are those shit carrying pipes?

wut? They carry hot water for heating of the houses

What's this area like?

Attached: 239837819568.png (1919x957, 2.54M)

Like shit. Isolated, no jobs, full of blood thirsty yakuts, temperatures drop down to -60 degrees, in summers hit up to 40 degrees, hordes of mosquitos called gnus, literally swarming everything

Uh

My ancestors lived there :)

What's this all about?

Attached: 8237426215172.png (597x424, 576K)

Finland being depressed again :DDD

>that kid going to school/back from school in a suit
feelsbadman

>on the 31st of August 1941 - the first allied convoy reached Arkhangelsk
>NORTHERN CONVOY DERVISH 75

i love russia

Attached: 1545958336781.jpg (321x229, 26K)

Is it advertising something or just a historical tidbit? What's the point of it?

Historical banned funded by some goverment funded historical society

That sounds hellish, worse than Brazil.

You would expect that from a place called North-Eastern Siberia, it has total population of like 500k people despite being the size of 2-3 Europes

>cantwakeup

Like heaven, don't listen to cheap separatist propaganda.

I wonder how he's doing now.

Did you really think Brazil is bad?

Heaven of Venus may be

imagine having one shot at life and being born in a grey, cold shithole
i wouldn't make it to 18

Attached: 1349163346972.jpg (291x362, 38K)

It is bad. Insect-infested, hot as fuck and very humid. But Siberia sounds even worse.

Attached: vfOoq.jpg (2448x1836, 719K)

What's this place like, considering it's on the complete other side of the country? Any significant cultural differences?

Attached: thxforansweringmyrandomquestions.png (1921x965, 3.41M)

bleak

are you a drug dealer?

kek is that a moscow suburb?

looks like latin america in the 1960's

>mfw 75 minutes of sunlight in december

Attached: 1540682371602.jpg (236x253, 11K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakutsk

Is it cheap to live there though? Since it's so shitty?

Yes, no fucking turko-mongols, summers are mild and wet, winter are rather cold and very snowy, there are some jobs, some even have decent salaries but everything is expensive due to remotness. Cheap fish, cheap japanese cars, shitty infrustructure, depopulation and remotness

I spent 3 months in Syktyvkar teaching English/learning Russian. My studio apt with washing machine, full kitchen and a balcony on the main drag was $120 a month.

Why?

Why would you do that?

Rent may be cheap as this dude mentioned but everything rest is very expensive due to its remotness and logistical nightmare

It seems like a good place to retire, as long as day to day stuff isn't extremely expensive.

Because I was bored af. I got paid well.
This is true. Groceries cost about the same as here. I shopped at Пятёpoчкa/Pyaterochka and spent around $20-30 for a weeks worth of food.
Local tech was VERY cheap. I bought a Samsung ace duo dual sim card phone for 4000 rubles - $60. The same phone costs $300

Except shitty infrustructure, shitty services, shitty political landscape and instability, apart from that, yeah, a nice place to retire

siberia sounds like the opposite of a good place to retire to me famalam

>I bought a Samsung ace duo dual sim card phone for 4000 rubles - $60. The same phone costs $300
That can't be right. Our tech is actually MORE expensive due to certification costs and taxes.

Yes, but fix your damn roads FFS

Actually, Yakutsk has about 30-40% higher real (median) rent prices than the national median.
The food and other goods are also more expensive, because it's a very remote city without a railroad.

At least they have qt asian girls.

Attached: b6ttnlegdyy11.jpg (300x400, 13K)

You're right actually, that was quite retarded of me. But I want a mail order cute russian gf.

Were there a lot of white russians there? Did they try to seduce you for your green card?

"No"

Attached: 1535562569193.png (431x485, 390K)

At least it is not a hot red one :c

Shitty roads is an eternal Russia's problem just like gun control or healthcare in the US. Nobody knows how to make good roads in cold climare connecting two cities with 500km of nothing in between and all of that with disastrous levels of corruption
Nation's medium is fucking low. It's not Moscow with 1k$ renr dor 3 bedroom apt

Looks my hometown
Msc suburbs don't look much better

Attached: 1b8b511de36fa2d2e2ac3521a344ce7b.jpg (1487x823, 846K)

Have you ever tried a real winter once?

They have as shitty places as Yakutsk probably, but the difference is that, an average level is much highee
t.Domodedovo resident

Attached: 4WJO0SlXnCE.jpg (1280x670, 322K)

Look depressing

Hmm MTC must have had a good sale.
Not really seduce, but were very responsive and wanted to practice their English. The native Komi people look exactly the same as Russians, but more jovial.

Damn I want to fuck a white komi girl now.

It's kinda difficult to repair a road when it's covered with snow and ice for 6 months a year also.

>native Komi people look exactly the same as Russians
Wtf

If that was the only problem

Attached: xA2d1b1p2BI.jpg (1280x960, 117K)

I didn't notice much difference except for a little wider faces

You've witnessed the Finns

Do you recognise Japanese, Koreans and Chinese from each other?

All rook alike

what is this

i like those pipes, eastern russia seems to be comfy af
>Shitty roads is an eternal Russia's problem
i thought it was only problem in karelia, i have been told that there are better roads elsewhere. I almost drove to a huge crater in asphalt road once in karelia and there was 100km/h speed limit if i remember correctly