What's the oldest cookbook on your cunts cuisine? pic related for america

What's the oldest cookbook on your cunts cuisine? pic related for america.

Attached: American_Cookery_(1st_Ed,_1796,_cover).jpg (678x1024, 155K)

We had no printing press before 1808

Attached: p.jpg (284x339, 18K)

This based holodets is described first in Le Viandier de Taillevent, about 1300.

Attached: b8561a6e.jpg (870x480, 44K)

The oldest cookbook written in French seems to be "Enseingnemenz qui enseingnent a apareillier toutes manieres de viande"
It's a XIVth century book written in Middle French

Attached: 1520996905688.jpg (651x799, 76K)

Sounds vaguely german

how come?

from 1905

I have a facsimile of this one.

I don't have any knowledge of how French words are normally pronounced, and Enseingnemenz looks like it's halfway to being proper German

Attached: go away mutt.png (717x859, 26K)

More old, in 13th century you can find cook book in old french

I have to agree with user desu. Enseingnemenz almost looks like a German word.

Not him but old french and Middle French are more “Germanised” than current french due to Frankish people

yeah but it just looks like
enseignement comes from the latin "insignire" with the suffix -ment from the latin "mens"
I don't see any particular germanic influence in this word

The pronouncing

Do you watch the Towndsends?

1390 - The Forme Of Cury

Attached: Forme_of_Cury-MS_7-18v.jpg (220x312, 20K)

>Sawse madame. Take sawge, persel, ysope and saueray, quinces and peeres, garlek and grapes, and fylle the gees þerwith; and sowe the hole þat no grece come out, and roost hem wel, and kepe the grece þat fallith þerof. Take galytyne and grece and do in a possynet. Whan the gees buth rosted ynouh, take hem of & smyte hem on pecys, and take þat þat is withinne and do it in a possynet and put þerinne wyne, if it be to thyk; do þerto powdour of galyngale, powdour douce, and salt and boyle the sawse, and dresse þe gees in disshes & lay þe sowe onoward.

explain

>Sawse
ah lol

There is an old British lady that does historical food documentaries and she made this one. Looked good, I've been wanting to make this for a while.

In old french the pronouncing was more Germanised I guess
And before they wrote like they pronounced

1682, by a high ranked official's court chef.

Attached: Compendium_ferculorum.jpg (466x599, 93K)

not exactly
enseingnemenz would have probably been pronounced ɑ̃n.sɛ̃n.ɲə.mɑ̃ns in middle french
how is that more germanic?

I don't know for this one but when you read old text from middle age (12th century for example), you feel the German pronouncing in certains words. . of course you have strong Latin influence also but it was the same in all Europe during this era

I'm talking about middle french and you're talking about old french
middle french, like in the book, starts from the 14th
In old french yes you can see the germanic influence if you have the eyes for it but not in middle french

Yeah

Attached: 1542906236352.jpg (680x544, 33K)