Why was the greatest sitcom of all time not popular outside the US? Do yuropoors hate quality television?

Why was the greatest sitcom of all time not popular outside the US? Do yuropoors hate quality television?

Attached: file.png (375x375, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SIhBXR7I-c4
youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo
youtube.com/watch?v=4a7ugc6K_ig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am asking the citizens of the world

Are you fucking retarded? It's extremely popular over here and always was. Saw it around 6-7 times, all eps, it often airs on national tv

God I want to fuck prime Elaine

I'm pretty sure Seinfeld had a decent success in Europe.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is Seinfeld but actually funny.

It was fairly popular here

Never seen it, we only air Stargate SG1 and Married with Children on repeat for decades

Was popular here and re-runs still play on tv all the time

For me, The Office was the greatest show in American television.

Attached: 24-jokes-from-the-office-that-never-get-old-2-749-1447733368-0_dblbig.jpg (625x415, 202K)

It was shit compared to the Brit original, also Steve Carell is overrated, there I said it

I watch 3 episodes of The Office UK, and did not like it.

Attached: enhanced-4063-1447703033-1.jpg (500x282, 18K)

The Fresh George of Seinfeld

Attached: 1492071982578 (1).jpg (640x640, 51K)

As far as comedy shows go i prefer red dwarf and monthy python's flying cyrcus,never watched any American sitcom and don't feel like i lost anything

Wow I never knew Sweden was a land of such kino tastes.

>(SCREAMING)

Sums up American humour incredibly well. Watched this entire fucking series because everyone I knew just loved it, got into sunk-cost mode and just kept watching waiting for the moment it lived up to the hype. Laughed maybe 5 times over the entire 188 episodes.

I love seinfeld

A bit zoomer list, but:
>silicon valley
>archer
>it's always sunny in philadelphia
and tons of others, can't think of them on the spot. The office was a bit meh

>the greatest sitcom of all time
I seriously hope you guys don't think this.

Always Sunny isn't a sitcom, it's a documentary.

Well I wouldn't say archer is either, or silicon valley for that matter, but still good tho. It's always sunny is just gold and frank is maybe the only actually good role danny devito has ever done

It's up there but it's not the best.
UK version was awful. If you want UK office watch the peep show.

Haven't watched silicon, always sunny is amazing, but archer is meh, reminds me of family guy for some reason and i fucking hate family guy. Humour is kinda annoying. Friski dingo is kinda the same, but moonbeam city is such a piece of shit. Harvey birdman, aqhf, metalocalypse, venture bros are my kidna cartoons, if you talk about adult swim. American dad and futurama are my fav normie cartoons tho.
peep show is probably the onyl good english series.

I used to love family guy, but then I grew up. Rick and morty is pretty ok, but not worth the hype. American dad and futurama are a bit underrated, lot better than newer episodes of the simpsons

Never knew about it, i stopped watching russian televesion after some time, just watch movie channels and 2x2 (basically channel for simpsons kind of shit but gets censored nowadays too much, that's where i actually saw always sunny.
Russians always shit on west but most of our sitcoms are stolen amereican ideas (licensing). We still show our version of everybody lvoes raymond, there were versions of nanny, married with children (the only good one, raymond clone is also kinda good), whos the boss, some shit about aliens, some other shit.
American dad is fucking amazing, especially new episodes, krampus was probably my favourite one. Futurama is a lot better and clever than simpsons, too bad they stopped doing it.

Oh, and about british series, peep show is one of the best, but white gold is my favourite. Probably mostly, because I'm a huge fan of the 80's, but it's funny also. Sadly #metoo ruined it, most likely there will be no season 2

>#metoo
Someone got "raped"? I'm a liberal and that's the worst thing right now in the western media, tbqh

It's on the tv every day.
This is also somewhat true but now with Seinfeld added in.

Yes, and as every time there's no proof just words. I fucking hate this, not even the accusations, but how people react to them, careers get ruined based on just words and like in this case, good shows die

Considering the fact that the biggest yuropoor country loves it, your question doesn't really make any sense.

>biggest yuropoor country
Which is that?

Hamburgerica.

It's not yuropoor tho

They are. They descend from yuropoors, their language is yuropoor and their culture is yuropoor. It's time to stop letting them larp.

half of this country is not even white.

But they larp as euros already
Neither is half of yurope

it's too subtly nuanced for foreign audiences, the show really insists upon itself

This.

No you don't.

Frasier was more popular here. It's also better.

This.

friends and married with kids was more popular

It's best sitcom, i love it, don't make me watch your shit

Based.

The office felt like i had a job and friends

Attached: 562.png (1280x720, 903K)

>archer
Archer became lame after 4th season.

The best sitcom is Blackadder.
youtube.com/watch?v=SIhBXR7I-c4

Attached: 1538815296114.png (556x478, 382K)

Archer vice was probably my favourite

TV sitcoms really went down the pot after the turn of the millenium when networks realized reality shows were cheaper.

>Married with Children

This. It's constantly re-aired in Lithuania. Once they air all seasons, say start anew.

*they

Imagine watching that jewish american shit instead of ex-yu К И H O

Attached: Zikina-Dinastija-1-2-3_slika_O_44965729.jpg (1434x746, 290K)

I loved to watch the TV show "According to Jim" when I was a kid.

Same here, and also many other old crappy american shows are shown constantly during daytime when there is only few viewers. On the crappiest channels they even show sometimes the same episodes more than once per day

We could have gotten this instead of trash like friends

It's always sunny in Philadelphia is best sitcom of all

youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

Attached: pure.gif (244x130, 1.34M)

Thats not the greatest sitcom of all time,
This is

Attached: images (39).jpg (443x332, 30K)

>Why was the greatest sitcom of all time not popular outside the US?

What are you talking about fren? We love the Friends very much.

It was aired over here but I never really liked it as much as It’s Always Sunny and Married With Children

*sip*
King of Queens and Two and a half Man now THOSE were good comedy

I caught a few eps on some random channel. DL'd the rest via torrent. It's mostly Friends reruns last time I looked at the TV.
Frasier is pretty solid. Cheers was interesting to watch, too. It's funny to see Frasier and some other characters when they're younger. It gets mentioned in Seinfeld a few times as well.

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? is a pretty old British sitcom I like. It's set in the north and it came out before the more well-known Only Fools and Horses.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the funnier version of Seinfeld.

RIP Funkouser

youtube.com/watch?v=4a7ugc6K_ig

The swedes ITT are probably zoomers who never watched TV in the 90s. It was popular as fuck when it aired and still is, but zoomers mostly don't get it.

Stargate was based.

As an objective person, besides some very Jewish/New Yorker shows like Seinfeld and Friends, British sitcoms are better than American ones

Arrested Development was kinda popular here. For me it's the best sitcom of all time.

Also Eastbound and Down was hilarious.

Night Court or Cheers were better

>Le epic reddit meme show xdddd
Have a some gold, kind stranger

EASTBOUND & DOWN

It's basically the same show but modernized. It's got the same creator.

I fucking love Seinfeld. Friends (poop) and Frasier (another GOAT sitcom) and maybe even Mad About You (pretty comfy desu) are way more popular sitcoms of the same era here, I think. I also remember shows like Third Rock from the Sun and Will and Grace airing.

AD is pretty fucking good but I'm not sure how popular it was here.

I can't stand watching anything with a laugh track

Canned laughter ruins everything

I never understood the appeal of this show. Everyone in it acts so unnatural