How hard is to legally own a gun in your country?

How hard is to legally own a gun in your country?

In hungary it's pretty hard

-first you have to obtain a membership at a shooting range which is very costly and has a yearly fee
-then you have to join the National Shooting Sport Association
-then you have to get a medical test and a psychological test
-then you have to do your rifle exam, both theory and target shooting
-then you have to enter a target shooting contest and score at least 60% of the best score at the contest
-then you have to buy a lockable gun safe
-then you have to prove the police that you did all those things
-then you get your permit, now you can buy your gun
-you have to store the ammo and the gun in separate places

Hungary has a stand your ground law so you can kill a robber entering your house

Attached: 2nd.jpg (294x171, 13K)

Extremely easy in my country of Texas.

I think I have 4 ... maybe 5 right now.

That’s how easy it is, I literally can’t remember how many I have.

you get a doctors note from a random doctor stating you're not mentally ill (they all jew you with the price)
do the exam (separate for pistols, revolvers, rifles)
write a request stating which type of gun you want to buy and for what (hunting, home defense, whatever)
buy the firearm you want to buy

you can concealed carry almost anywhere (not while drunk, not at protests)
open carry is only if you carry as part of your job (police, security, hunter etc.)

takes 1-2 months, less the second time
first one is ez, more than 2 you need a safe/strongbox, keep ammo separate etc.

if you want full auto, you need to join the citizen militia, be a good boy and eventually ask the commander to let you buy your own rifle and to keep it at home, the selection is limited unless you want to pay out of the ass for international firearm shipping

it's quite easy now apparently but I wouldn't be able to tell you with details!! sorry.

You have to take a class about gun safety and have a clean criminal background, then you're good. in the 90's you could just go to Walmart and pick one off the shelf.

Attached: walmart rifles.jpg (2274x1184, 620K)

its easy, you just buy it on the black market no questions asked no bullshit from the state and nobody cares

hard, I can tell you that much
don't know the details but I imagine it's not that different from over there

Walk into Guns-R-Us
Take your pick
Show valid ID confirming your address
Fill out Form 4473 (NICS background check)
If you pass it, pay up
Currently have 3

Attached: 4cb781901b2a9.image.jpg (620x392, 34K)

Its crazy how much more free we were in the 90s

America was truly at it's peak in the 1990's.

Yeah I miss it

Attached: wojak.png (300x250, 13K)

>Bill Clinton's Assault Weapons Ban
>Waco and Ruby Ridge
>"we wuz free an' sheeit"

Attached: images.jpg (224x225, 10K)

90s was GOAT. good music, good culture, everything was affordable, we were free.

>be secessionists
>refuse to pay taxes and go to court dates
>refuse arrest when confronted with tax evasion and threaten to shoot back
>be surprised when feds start killing you

You can walk into a store and buy one, only blackpowder though, you have to have shooting license for anything else

it's either nostalgia or that the internet has ruined everything

(((they))) ruined everything

depends on the gun and location, everyone and there mums is packin round here (countryside) (shotgun)

>be feds
>see secessionists minding their own business
>entrap the father into committing a crime
>he doesn't lick your boots and ignores you
>kill his family
>Get called out and sued for it
>make up lies and cover up evidence of your corruption and deceit

>Must get a license for every gun
>Must get permission from your local garda to get a physical and mental test from a doctor
>Must have a proof of reason to own the gun aka hunting or target shooting, protection is not a valid accuse.
>Must have two people vouch they will allow you to shoot on their land.
>Must have a gun safe that will has to be inspected by the garda
>Must get your licensed renewed every three years for each gun.
It is pretty easy and mostly a money ratchet.
You have to be 16 to own a license on your own but if you are 14 or 15 you can get one with permission from your parents.
You can only own shotguns and rifles privately, I knew a vet who owned a handgun to shoot horses.

Randy Weaver committed a crime before escaping to Idaho though and he was evading court dates.

The court date he was skipping was regarding the shotguns that the ATF baited him into sawing off
>but that's a firearm violation
Boo hoo hoo. The NFA was passed because the feds needed a new crusade to make themselves the heroes after Prohibition backfired.

If you want rifles and shotguns and that sort of thing you just take a short course and file some application fees etc and then it's done.

Depends on the gun class but overall:
>be over 18
>be free
>have a medical certificate that you are physically and mentally fit to use a gun safely
>get the specific license for your type of gun: small handguns for instance will require a justification like "I run a jewelry", hunting rifles require you to be registered as a hunter, that sort of thing

Only important people (politician, doctor, engineer, etc) could own a guns. Otherwise you're a cannon fodder.

yeah you're right

Collecting license
>2-6 months waiting period to get the papers
>each firearm needs to be processed but that's a simple stamp
>no limit to calibre or amount, you can own 200 50 cal's if you want

Hunting license
>4-6 weeks to get the hunting degree, even a retard with one blind eye can do that
>license and firearm approval takes another 7-14 days
>can own up to 8 rifles and shotguns
>have to part of hunting club, memberships can be purchased for less than 20 bucks and you can still hunt alone

Sport shooting license
>pretty much the same as the hunting license
>takes about 3 months though
>kinda grey zone so odd firearm regulations
>but it's pretty free

Been hunting since I was 14.

>How hard is to legally own a gun in your country?
Not hard if you are not a neet.
Used to be like:
Need 25yo
Need fixed address
Need stable job
Need a solid reason to own a gun (retard dudes never could pass this step)
Now the president just made a little more easy.

>Need a solid reason to own a gun (retard dudes never could pass this step)
You know it's discretionary and they just denied everyone except a select few, right? With the decree the "solid reason" clause doesn't exist anymore.

>How hard is to legally own a gun in your country?
Not hard. In my state you must be over 18 and not a felon to purchase a long gun (rifle or shotgun), and over 21 for purchasing handguns. If you buy a gun from a dealer you have to go through a criminal background check, but if you buy a gun in a private sale person-to-person it's basically unregulated.

Attached: HP35_MkIII_range_01-07-2019_A.jpg (1600x900, 1021K)

>HELLO SIR WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN?
Because they want to kill me.
Because i need it to feel stronger.
Because kids do too much noise while playing.

Just don't be a literal potato and you could get your gun license.

- depends on the reason why you want a gun
- there are some categories of gun owners defined by law
- each category has different rules and different allowed guns, that is:
hunters: you need to be in a hunting group for some time, can buy hunting weapons
sportsmen: you need to train / take part in contests for some time, can buy sport weapons
collector: complicated rules, can buy any gun, problems with ammo, pain in the ass to get this kind of allowance, as you basically need to possess first a large collection of permit-free weapons before asking for allowance
heirloom items possession: allowed, treated by law as collector
historical reenactment people: need to be in some organized group, your gun must be constructed so that it can only shoot blanks
security guards: can carry guns for work only, your company can buy even assault rifles, hard rules how such a company operates
people who train others in using guns: as above
self defense: you need to prove that you're in constant, real and above-average danger, you can buy a pistol
- to get an allowance you need to have mental health checks, prove that you can take care of and use the weapon, have no criminal record
- it typically takes lots of time to qualify for an allowance
- you need a lockable safe, store ammo separately etc. but nobody checks that afaik
- without any allowance you can buy:
most black powder rifles / guns / revolvers
self-defence gunlike weapons (gas pistols, bang pistols, tazers)
bb guns
- without any allowance you can go to a shooting yard and shoot whatever the person running it has (and lets you)
- fun fact: there is no legal way to buy/possess a crossbow unless it's a historical relic and you run a museum