30% of Australian bats died in a week

is.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000005968199.html

Australia is more hot than ever before. In the duration of simply a one week the temperatures were so high that 30% of the native bats died.
It happened in November but a complete report about the incidents have been filed just a few days ago.

Eventhough the bats evolved in Australia, it wasnt so hot thousands of years ago. It is clearly getting hotter all the time.

In the city of Cairns, people have reported having bats in their swimming pools. +42 degrees of Celcius have been too much on these animals.

Attached: 8df87d0f2a5745e6832cfe880a0d9374.jpg (658x439, 32K)

Still not going to drive an electric vehicle.

Attached: 1452699508592.jpg (482x436, 36K)

k

Oh no, that saddened me, and I am not gay.
I am straight but still ,poor bats.
It breaks my heart that this is happenning to them.

WHAT THE FUCK

good thing I got air conditioning

Who cares

why don't they hide in caves? temperature inside the cave is always a colder than it's outside

F

Attached: Screenshot_20190116-214134_1.png (1080x790, 257K)

It's not enough man , it's not enough.
When it's 42 degrees Celsius even inside the cave is too hot.
Only sir conditioning will help you.
Or being inside a cold river or lake.

Should have evolved faster.

I dont know if there are much caves in Australia, simply desert everywhere

They sleep in trees mostly

will Australia reach 42° again any soon?

Yes

I'm sorry friend
maybe people can prevent some of them from dying this time though, since it's expected to happen again?

Attached: L6pJclJR.jpg (587x587, 47K)

/thread
stop cuddling the wildlife, or they will never evolve further

this is evolution, are you blind?
60% will live on to survive even hotter temperatures

The Bogans serve few purposes in this world. If OZ sunk into the ocean would anyone even care or notice?

The world needs to stop using fossil fuels and turn into electric, we can help

Everyone who lived near bats knows they are like rats and pidgeons. They are full of diseases and must die.

That's not how evolution works, or math for that matter, thermoregulation isn't something you'll see improved in a single generation

Minerals, meat and dairy.
This, our piggy holocaust in the late 90's cost so much money and bullets.

Attached: Master.jpg (635x709, 545K)

do you save those pics randomly? wtf

We can't replace you fast enough

>That's not how evolution works, or math for that matter, thermoregulation isn't something you'll see improved in a single generation
hahahahaha
you are dumb and wrong
this is exactly how math and evolution works
they haven't all died, only those, who couldn't stand the heat
literally lmfao
the others will die or survive based on how well they can adapt
global warming is exactly the slow change wildlife can adapt to

yet you already have

the heatenings will only get more intense, i pity those living in a hundred years

Attached: 1459457209683.jpg (190x220, 15K)

Are bats a key part of the ecosystem?

From Google search.
The virus first appeared here and since its a previously unknown virus with no known vectors mistaken for japanese encephalitis the govt had to somehow stop it before it potentially jumps into ships passing one of the busiest shipping lane on the planet.
Since the only thing known at the beginning was that all the victims are from pig farms the solution was to wipe out every pig in the country using the military.

Attached: pigs-shot-nipah.jpg (400x336, 33K)

I am unironically half mexican. It's not working.

They are migratory so they carry seeds far away and their dung rich in phosphorus enough for industrial scale mining to produce fertilizers.

>this is exactly how math and evolution works
Scientists are predicting the extinction of 70% of species precissely BECAUSE of climate change which also just so happens to be the number you get if you substract 30 from 100

Attached: seriously.png (400x400, 168K)

so that's why we are selling so many porkers to asia, interesting

Bats die more of viral infection, I wouldn’t touch those that’s literally how Ebola outbreaks start.

I was a kid back then but even kids would understand fogging nationwide, curfew at night and soldiers in protective gear means something bad is happening.
Up to 75% fatality rate so victims are pretty much done for and the bats can fly all the way to Australia.

Attached: Global_NiphaandHendraRisk_20090510.png (2027x1358, 145K)

They're fruit bats.
They sleep in trees.