This hotel is charging me $1400 saying I caused damages to a chair and the television...

This hotel is charging me $1400 saying I caused damages to a chair and the television. This is bullshit and I said I won't pay. Now they sent me another letter demanding I pay by July 1. What the fuck is going to happen if I just ignore this one too?

Attached: 582.jpg (680x452, 27K)

Tell them to lick your balls. They won't try to collect over $1,400, which is probably also an inflated number.

send them a cheap chair and cheap tv

So you think I'm good then? They said if I don't pay by July 1 they're gonna tank my credit score and get an agency to get the money from me. They also said they would blacklist me from major hotels if I don't pay. Are they bullshitting me?

Fuck that I'd still have to pay for it and I didn't do shit.

Largely depends on their corporate lawyers. If they have nothing better to do they might go after him. I had a HOA go after me for $100 I forgot to pay after they sent no notices, just started sending police to serve me but to the wrong addresses even tho theyre the HOA and know where I live.

Do you unironically have seizable assets in current year?

Attached: 1526933790960.jpg (498x573, 49K)

>This hotel is charging me $1400 saying I caused damages to a chair and the television.

What did you do OP. We can't help you if you don't tell us the truth

I don't know what you mean exactly. I don't have a house or any property if that's what you're asking. Can you elaborate? What could happen exactly?

I already told you I didn't do shit. The only possible thing is we got blackout drunk one night but none of us remember breaking anything. So I guess there is a tiny chance it happened then but I doubt it.

They need your social security number to tank your credit, I don't see any reason why they would have that info. Tell them to take you to court over it and to suck your cock. too much hassle for them over $1,400. Worst case you settle in court and pay them a portion of the $1,400. Honestly, just don't respond and see if they escalate.

Ok thanks that's what I figured. I think they are just hoping they can scare me into paying. Fuck that.

Ignore it

>I don't have a house or any property if that's what you're asking
yeah pretty much this, a car, a ship, or money in your bank or brokerage account above whatever the laws dictates as minimum

OP just pay it you filthy chair-breaking degenerate

Attached: 1528144540989.jpg (426x454, 118K)

>The only possible thing is we got blackout drunk one night but none of us remember breaking anything. So I guess there is a tiny chance it happened then but I doubt it.

Well clearly they found shit broken when they went to clean the hotel room after you left

Thanks that's what I'm gonna do.

What the fuck you mean to tell me they can just take my car over this? That sounds like total bullshit.

I'm not paying for something I didn't do.

No that's not really clear at all. Most likely the damage was already there beforehand or they are just making this up to try to get money out of me. Or maybe even the cleaning people broke it afterwards and are blaming it on me.

google civil forfeiture + shithole you live in to know if it is a possibility or not
you should have your car under your parents names IMO, as long as their financially responsible ofc

this is the correct answer

>blackout drunk
>none of us remember breaking anything
really activates my almonds

they're not gonna go after him in this situation if he legit didn't do it and there's no evidence. waste of litigation expenses on their end.

This

well,
yeah

Are you a fucking retard OP? You couldn't just look around the next morning in the hotel room and see if shit was broken?

Holy fuck sounds like you are the fucking brainlet. I didn't even hear from the hotel about this until I had already left.

>hurr I dindu nuffin
>well maybe I got blackout drunk and smashed the room up but I don't remember!!1
>why should I pay for something I didn't do!?!?

Are you a nigger

This. You got drunk and broke the chair and TV because you are fucking scum.

Should have used SIlent Notary to take photo evidence that get some encrypted to used in a court to help fight their false claim. Look into it. ;)

>I got black out drunk and don't remember anything
>but I remember not fucking up a TV and chair
You absolute nigger. If you were white you'd write them an apology letter, cut them their check, and sign yourself on to a "how to handle simple alcohol course, for lightweights like OP"

Attached: urfuture.jpg (1080x1920, 372K)

Holy shit you assholes shut the fuck up about me getting drunk. I only said that because there is a minuscule change that something happened then. However that in no way proves or implies I broke anything. It just means I am 99.9% sure rather than 100% sure. Big fucking deal. I still am confident I didn't break shit.

>I still am confident I didn't break shit.
>When you can't remember at all what happened that night

Mistakes
1: Using a credit card in a suspect hotel, instead of cash

2:Not taking a picture of the room with your camera phone as you received it

3: Partying and trashing hotel rooms like some fucking Boomer who think's he's Jimmy Page

4: Not immediately calling a lawyer, then contacting the hotel and asking them to send a proof of the damages. Not disputing the damages. Not threatening legal action.

5. Not contacting the local police department in the hotel's locale telling them you are being extorted by the hotel, and the FBI if you are over state lines

Actual lawyer checking in. Don't pay a fucking dime until they actually file a complaint. It's all talk they can't do anything without a judgment.

Lol fbi doesn't give a fuck about a 1400 dollar hotel dispute.

What kind of hotel was it? Is it part of a major chain? If so, I doubt they are trying to screw you and you (or the person you were with) probably did break the shit they accuse you of, especially if you don't remember much of what happened.

If it was a shadier hotel and you think they might be out to screw you, I guess look at their reviews to see if they tried to pull that shit with anyone else. If so, you might have some recourses, but if it seems you're the only one that has to deal with this and there is a chance that you (or the person you were with) did it, chances are you're responsible.

You might be able to negotiate it, but assume your responsibilities.

you should sue them instead of outright fraud and repot them to officals immediately. especially if this not the first time they lie to customers. easy win and easy money for you.

Attached: 1515025308595.jpg (560x577, 136K)

why the fuck did you cause damages to a chair and television OP?

True, but someone does because it's interstate commerce, like a Fraud reporting agency
Also BBB,

Normally when I damage hotel rooms I take furniture and televisions from another hotel room to make it look like a beaner maid did it.
>B..b..bbbut how?
It's easy as fuck to get into the adjoining hotel room, most of the time the maids leave the adjoining door unlocked and do both rooms at once.
Not only that they'll open both outer doors and you can sneak in to the other one while they are listening to music changing sheets, or swipe their master keycard from the cart, and go switch out the shit from another room in more than enough time

what the fuck why don't you merely damage the other rooms furniture and televisions so you don't have to fuck around moving shit? do you just like to take your time? damaging them slowly?

Get legalshield for $30 and talk to an attorney. Literally the same fucking shit happened to me and when the attorney sent them a letter they dropped their $2k frivolous bullshit claim. Now I take pics of fucking everything when I go to hotels even if Im with someone. Btw im not affiliated with them, they really are the fucking shit cus $30 saved me $2k and then I just cancelled my membership after LOL!

Ignore it, if they sue you, lawyer up.

You will lose if you ignore it. That will allow it to be sent to collections and you will have no recourse. Get a lawyer like next business day and get a response out at least to stall. They're not gonna fucking pursue it. At worst, you will negotiate the 1.4K down to 500 or something. Do it faggot. dont be a pussy

This. Don't ignore them OP, silence is considered admission that the debt is valid, at which point it can be forwarded to a collections agency.

Just write a letter back disputing that the debt is valid. "I regret to inform you that you are mistaken, I was not responsible for any damages to the room or furniture during the time I occupied it, and I do not owe your establishment any compensation. I dispute that this debt is valid and move that you drop these false charges immediately." You don't even need a lawyer. Just write back and tell them they're wrong.

At that point they will have to take you to court if they want the money, which I doubt that they will.

Be honest with us.
What did you do to the couch and television user?

>The only possible thing is we got blackout drunk one night but none of us remember breaking anything
>us
One of your friends broke the fucking couch and television

Attached: 1512378191710.png (178x173, 68K)

they'll send him to collections.
No need for social security, as they already have his address, credit card, phone number, etc.
They're trying to scam you for sure, but yeah they could always send you to collections, which yes can hurt your credit score.

if you had any CHAIRacter, you'd pay up you sniveling TransVensite.

interested to know what else you guys might know about collections. I had a credit card I couldn't pay for about $8k and ghosted them since then. my last official address was a po box which has since lapsed, and rental house I haven't lived in for years is still my address listed on my license. I haven't received any mail from them for these reasons, nor has anyone come to try to serve me. I do however get phone calls from every area code you can think of, but never answer. eventually I would like to settle this, I always see people offering credit repair services etc for several hundred dollars. Are they a scam? they seem to have good reviews. What is the process? I've also read before that sometimes they can negotiate the debt down to 25% or so of the original debt. I'm sure by now (2yrs out) AMEX has sold the debt to a collection agency for pennies on the dollar. no assets in my name.

Never knew about this company. Sounds awesome.

I was going to say talk to a lawyer but the $30 sounds better

Yeah thats strange. Any good hotel will have the room checked while you are checking out. Fuckimg scammers user, probanly pic related

Attached: images (8).jpg (227x222, 6K)