First batch of rewards for skywire nodes is already out. how many of you got whitelisted? is it what you expected...

first batch of rewards for skywire nodes is already out. how many of you got whitelisted? is it what you expected? thinking to get in for the next round but first I'd like to know what's your experience with the whole process?

Attached: oiujn.png (600x620, 259K)

Yeah and can I run one on my toaster

I`ve got my first rewards and it was what I expected. It was high enough to pay my complete DIY, which was great, and after some research I haven`t really seen anyone complain about the amount yet.

everything went fine for me, followed the guide and extra infos available, running exactly 8 nodes so I got 48sky. i can run one more because it's allowed to have just 2 diy in the whitelist

there are some complains about the value of official skyminer vs. value of diy, which is half rewarded and some other about the max nodes that can be run on a miner. some ran 12 nodes and just 8 can be validated. I don't get it why they add 12 in a skyminer honestly

Mb u should just get one. is not a big deal and it's just a testphase. It won't get u rich or wtv but if u get whitelisted and if it will become public is better to have it.

not everyone can be pleased but they seem to forget the rest of the plan. It s just the start, each month they ll be paid forward once again for the amount of bandwidth forwarded to users
this is where the actual earning iz

Wow what a totally organic post. Thanks man for the info!

wait, so why the official miner gets more rewards than diy?? afterall u work harder to set up the diy

I am curious, what`s the mechanism regarding the reward release. How many times are nodes whitelisted? Can you guys help me with some extra info?

The rewards will be insane if we look back. Currently I only have 5 nodes, but it looks like a really good profit to go with. What I am waiting is for the price to go up and then I can use the miner on livenet.

Out of curiosity, how long will the testnet last? I am in the similar situation as you, thinking on going with the next round, sounds quite a good deal.

with 96 SKY er Skyminer, and 6 SKY per node in a DIY miner, imagine if sky hits 50$ is 5K per month. For me sounds a very good deal

Most probably will last a month. But they are releasing batches constantly. You should go with the next round, I bet they will come up with a good deal again.

It is a good deal. Sounds like a decent salary for me.

decent salary my ass. where r u living? Sierra Leone? treat it as it is. a TEST. the rest is whishful thinking for now

I ve summited my application and entered a waitlist. the order is chronological. 2criterias must be met: 75% uptime for a month of observation and to be in a top position on the waitlist, then u receive rewards for uptime period. in time they will increase the whitelistening process of diy with 50%/week

I don't think it s about money in this phase. I wonder if the protocol used speed up the ISP bandwith the nodes are currently using

Back to your discords, telegrams or whatever circle jerk you come from. Pathetic advertising itt..

i was not able to connect to openvpn vsp node, tried it several times so i must have done something wrong i can't get the green mark for 6 of my nodes, 2 are ok but no fuckin idea what I did. I should ve bought a skyminer and not torture myself with this shit

So speed should be superior because of bandwidth aggregation. Is that a default option or you can activate it from the app?

Everything started with a test, and look where are we now. The project is working, people are whitelisted and nodes are released, and those who went with the rewards for skywire are quite pleased. Sometimes I just don`t get all this negativism

skyminer’s brandwidth is a multi-hop encrypted vpn so u get coin hours for giving it. for all these rewards that were given in the last 24h everyone will get coin hours for every hour they keep the skycoin + coin hours for the amount of bandwidth

when we talk about “traditional” mining, like btc, there is a completely other function> the competition element is destructive.the miner who earn the most PoW will get the btc reward.
skycoin’s way is more human oriented and seeks to connect people and they can all get rewards based on the quality of their work and not on their ability to compete negatively. in other words, we can think of sky as having a soft approach promoting positive competition and of btc as a hard approach promoting a negative competition that has a disadvantageous effect on btc system.

got it, so Skywire Phase 1 is done? or how long will it take until they gather every info they need? do I have to hurry up until they will bring in the anntenas?

u also said >in time they will increase the whitelistening process of diy with 50%/week

mb sounds pushy but is very important to me to have a sense of temporality. what's the plan ?

Skywire Phase 1 started in April and it will be on for the rest of the year. this doesn’t mean it you can’t set up you diy or the official, but there might be other conditions. 2018 will have phase 1’s specific conditions. Then, we get to Phase 2, which means that they will add extra support for the meshet and that means *antennae*. works the same as traditional antennas, having a cable connected to your skyminer so u can cover 15km, 50km or even more, that’s under development, we don’t have specific infos yes, but I am sure we will be informed by the end of this year.
if you are curious about how the antennae is looking like, here u have a pic with some prototypes. personally, I like it because they have a natural and friendly look, it doesn’t look heavy and it doesn’t take too much space.

Attached: Screenshot_20180626-123122__01__01__01.jpg (1080x1284, 145K)

rewards are on for the first 14 years, so even if it s not decent it s an extra income that is more than welcome

the ceo of skycoin is trolling with his cult of followers on telegram right now...you guys trust someone like this as your lead dev for the project??

youre fucking insane

to short-answer you and you the testphase will last at least by the end of 2018, and then we will get also the antennae which they should be tested too, but since the hard part of meshnet is diy functionality, everything will be all set next year present time

many skyminer owners are already buying Ubiquiti Air Fiber 5 antennas, that is the real deal for long range. so if you really want to become a node get verified, powerful solutions until the sky antennas come in

I am waiting for those sky antennas to get release, they will provide the ability to move information without having to use Tier 3 ISP and it will make it easier for more people to participate in the network. wondering tho when will happen?

any antena does the same thing, so just as it was the case with DIY, so will it be with the antenas. since most users own wireless modems any node can already use antenas it s a matter of preference. so stop wondering so much, it causes brain damage

````
4 times in one thread, when I almost never go seeing this. Fuck off PAJEET! Keep your frozen coins off of Jow Forums

Why the fuck is biz still talking about a dead project that clearly exit scammed

It’s not EOS thread user

ehm. yeah you re clearly not updated, SKY is doing fine and its ecosystem getting stronger. obv you have no idea what you re talking about

Fucking Christ has anyone ever been in a thread that reeks of more curry?

Its not the thread rajeet, its you

yet another FUD. this a dev with a charisma yet you keep on attacking him, although there is an entire team behind the project. quite simple minded i would say

so even if you have antennas, where does the bandwidth comes from? they clearly said it will be rented from ISP in the first phases. doesnt matter if it s tier1, 2 or 3

sounds pretty cool. what kind of rewards are we talking about? coin hours? sky coins?

I was whitelisted, after weeks thinking we were all scammed due to the lack of feedback. But I will convinced once the coins go into my wallet.

Still I have some doubts in regard of what will be the amount next month and for how long will the testnet run. I have the feeling the profits will decrease slowly, as SKY value is expected to slowly recover. There was the rumor that first month income would be very generous, and it is unclear if that is already the case or not. I hope the second. That being said, I would not be surprise if we get 3 SKY per node per month by Autumn, for example.

is a skyminer enough to perform as a node? or you need more than one to ensure enough bandwith for nearby users?

they made it clear there are no rewards for the test net. so what coins are you talking about? or did they just change this policy? that would be great

Is it still smart to build a diy skyminer?
OrangePi or RaspberryPi?

Postman just dropped this off today

Attached: 20180626_164611.jpg (2160x2160, 1.51M)

Orange Pi Prime just to play it safe. Raspberry Pis will probably be supported but there's no promise.