/dixie/ - Southern US & Friends

Can't wait to receive my Dixieland green card for having created and bumped enough threads edition

Previous safe space

Attached: dixie.png (555x717, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flaghunters.github
addons.mozilla.org/fi/firefox/addon/buster-captcha-solver/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/buster-captcha-solver-for/mpbjkejclgfgadiemmefgebjfooflfhl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a few, since I was born and raised in Languedoc which names literally means "the language of Oc(citan)"
I had Occitan classes in middle-school, watched the Occitan TV reports subbed in French, listened to a couple radios... Met lots of elders who spoke it when I went at friend's homes too.
I also read in Occitan and would understand most of a conversation (of the dialects I'm used to, since Occitan is divided) but I don't properly speak it, parents are from northern France so they didn't speak it at home, prolly they had hardly heard about it before settling south

Anybody born and raised where I am has experiences with Occitan even if he doesn't know it. Every place there has Occitan based names, lots of slangs that aren't used elsewhere in France came from it...
Also the simplest things remind you where you are, when you visit a very small town and the only place you see a French flag is the town hall whereas every houses have the characteristic yellow cross/red background banner.

That being said don't picture it as an active separatism or something, even though many people will define themselves as Occitan they also consider themselves French, Occitania itself is a patchwork of sub-cultures and dialects that never was a political entity, even before the Parisian government raped regional languages into submission between 1850 and 1950

Btw it's prononced "Ok-see-tan" and not "Okeetan"

Attached: Occitania pro.jpg (457x450, 159K)

Attached: 1537047724561.png (500x500, 221K)

The south will never rise again.

Attached: 1546253600093.webm (1280x720, 682K)

Attached: 1519359021160.jpg (576x960, 53K)

>Parisian gilet jaune; circa 2019

>work at 7 in the morning

Attached: 1524958249670.png (489x487, 37K)

Attached: 1546403208936.jpg (409x409, 64K)

Work at 9 tomorrow
But I'd rather start with the 6 am shift and not work the evenings as a compensation

its already quarter past 10pm here
i will be very tired and groggy when i wake up

Attached: 1514695346845.jpg (598x529, 34K)

I got to bed around 1 a.m even when I work at 6 a.m
I hate my life when the alarm rings but I consider waking up anytime before 10 a.m to be too early anyway so might as well go to bed late

My job's alright though, with a shitty one it would be harder. What's your line of work

how can you survive on only 5 hours of sleep?
i need at least 7 or my mind is retarded for half the day
i work in an office in a factory drawing plans for a company that makes parts for buses

and you lad?

third week in a row i've messed up my sleep schedule

Idk I just sleep 12h during my days off, and I've always felt shitty being woken up by an alarm whether it was after 8 or 4 hours of sleep, I feel like as long as I'm being forced by something to wake up the difference between a proper night or a short one doesn't amount to much.
It probably does on my body and my mind but the feeling's the same when I wake up

I'm a cook, I know the place right and my coworkers are a funny enough bunch so I don't wake up knowing the day will be shit like I used to back as a teen in school

Spent the entire time between July and November going to be around 6 a.m and waking up at 3 p.m AMA

Attached: Edge.jpg (1840x1227, 223K)

collegiate gothic

>'m a cook
based frenchie
>my coworkers are a funny enough bunch so I don't wake up knowing the day will be shit
all my coworkers are twice my age and we're all separated on our computers doing our own thing
december last year i helped out in the factory and the lads were a top bunch, good banter all around
but in the office it gets either lonely or nervous because my boss' desk is right next to mine and i've only been working there a few months
i can't even listen to music or podcasts or anything either god damn it reeee

sometimes i wish i lived in a nice little central european town working in my parents small shop but i chose this route to create a big career for myself because theres so much i want to do but i don't regret it

/blog

>sometimes i wish i lived in a nice little central european town working in my parents small shop but i chose this route to create a big career for myself because theres so much i want to do but i don't regret it

Are you a European who moved to Australia for work ? Or you simply wish you were born in central Europe

the latter
slovenia seems nice

Attached: logar-valley-slovenia.jpg (1800x1172, 353K)

I'm afraid I don't have any pics since all my churches pics are from France and collegiate gothic isn't a thing here
I'm still up for some church posting though

Attached: Abbaye de la Trinité de Vendôme.jpg (1058x1024, 280K)

Never been but yeah it does
I'm in the Alps myself though 500km west of Slovenia

its time to go to sleep lads
i might talk to you bros tomorrow
adios

Attached: god damn it 2.webm (1920x796, 1.89M)

flaghunters.github
.io/Extra-Flags-for-Jow Forums/

See ya tomorrow then maybe, good luck

i like all types of beautiful architecture

Attached: 1920px-Sainte_Chapelle_Interior_Stained_Glass.jpg (1920x1280, 1.46M)

Have a look at muh Cathar castles then

Attached: Château de Quéribus (Aude).jpg (2000x1333, 810K)

Altough they're more massive fortresses in impressive settings than intricate churches or palaces

Attached: Château de Peyrepertuse.jpg (1957x1272, 2.66M)

Attached: 02.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

those are cathar? look amazing
I like that forested mountainous hilly landscape, beautiful.

Not really to be fair, most of the remaining fortresses were actually built by the King of France to watch over the Spanish border, on places where Cathars buildings stood before the crusade that eradicated them. A handful are still genuine pre-King of France so for larping and touristic purpose they were all called Cathar castles.
Nowadays rather than calling them "Cathar castles" they're called "Castles of the Cathar country", since the area is definitely linked with Catharism history but the most famous strongholds are not related to them anymore

As far as I know substantial parts of the citadel of Carcassonne date back to the Cathar era

Attached: Carcassonne 02.jpg (1200x768, 397K)

Too much to drink last night lads :(

You should have just drank a glass of water for every glass of alcohol

>-4°F tomorrow morning

Guess I'll leave taking the kitchen trash out to somebody else

>Having someone else to take out the trash
spoiled!

Don't worry I'll have equally disgusting things to do such as clean the kitchen's sewer's hole or the dishwashing machine that just swallowed 500 dirty plates
Only I won't be in thin kitchen clothes in -20°C weather

You can't say Dixie in the CA Bay Area.

Attached: dicks_but_no_dixie_in_ca.jpg (1159x842, 725K)

Haha fair enough things might not be so easy for you then actually good luck

What's going on in here. Also morning y'all.

Well the cooking and service part is alright and even fun sometimes but out of a 3h shift I'd say a good 1h is dedicated to cleaning of all sorts, from the least disgusting (vacuum cleaning the dining room) to the most (arms deep into the sewers to make sure no food bits stay stuck and stink a few days later)

And thanks btw

Mornin'
I'm on my second and last day off, shan't do anything today besides shitposting and going out to buy a beer later

solid relaxing then. nice. Well I'm going to get some milk here in a second for coffee. I set my plants by the window to get some. check out my spoutling plants.

Attached: seedlings.png (845x387, 889K)

What did you plant

at the moment: Cayenne, alyssum, foxgloves, shasta daisys, forget me nots, poppies, & blanket flowers.

Attached: pepper.jpg (387x387, 63K)

Tfw have to google most of them
Plant names are really very different between French and English, and English names are very colourful when it comes to flora
It'd tell you to plant Espelette red peppers but I have no idea how hard it is to grow them and how to get seeds in the USA. But they grow in a warm a humid part of France so you probably already have the climate right

Attached: 1024px-France-AOC_Piment_d'Espelette-2005-08-05.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

peppers grow really easily here. I was actually curious about the lavender too so I googled lavender farms to see where they were in the US. Turns out there are no less then 15 within a 2 hour drive of me.

And I've just learned Espelette pepper is also cultivated in California in order to be fresher than the imported product, so maybe it's possible to get seeds in the USA after all
But you already have plenty to take care of

I'll be planting 72 more plants in a month or so after I stratify the seed that need to be refrigerated.

plant some tobacco

But if I did that I wouldn't have an excuse to go get tacos down the street and see this sign on the wall... and my kindly taco girl behind the counter.

Attached: what.am.i.looking.at.png (417x547, 445K)

sorry I read that as tacco... I havent had coffee yet. Um I was looking really really hard for those at the store and I just COULD not find them.... I'm sad actually that I could not.

is that maghrebbi still pissed because you told him to fuck his mother

No, the day after he came to me to talk about it, calmly
At first he told me he thought I went to far, I argued that yes maybe but I wasn't going to apologize when the whole thing started because he was keeping me awake with shitty music in the first place
So he apologized for this and I told him I wasn't aware he would take the insult this seriously (prolly some of the swear words I use the most) and should it ever happen again I'll use insults that don't involve family members

Eatin' goat cheese with lavender honey toasts

daugthers of ash is a really good mod if anyone wants to replay dark souls

that's good of him

gonna make some sweet and sour pork later

He's not a bad lad and works well but it really is no meme that insulting maghrebis and gypsies families is a sure way to set them off even in a friendly setting

Noice, I'm kinda craving meat maybe I'll also grab a burger on my way to the beer, no fries or anything just some nice bun with 2 steaks, Savoie cheeses and caramelized onions

>no meme that insulting maghrebis and gypsies families is a sure way to set them off even in a friendly setting
I'll keep that in mind if I ever wanna fight with one in the quickness.

It can always serve as a diversion or something, it's unironically good intel

Reading the news. Apparently they had the "march for life" in north Texas yesterday. I wonder what ones odds would be at finding a trad girl at a prolife event.

Attached: prolife.jpg (1260x650, 185K)

aren't you supposed to be engaged you fucking larper

Uh I just read about the same thing happening in Paris today

Attached: Plusieurs-milliers-d-opposants-a-l-avortement-defilent-a-Paris.jpg (1280x640, 752K)

I never said I was looking you jackass. Am I not allowed to pose a question on hypothetical grounds?

i think this is the first time i've gotten a rise out of you

that's a small march desu

Attached: 1527754818667.jpg (895x1280, 467K)

You know when I see those "Pro-life" or "Pro-choice" marches. Even google them and look at a the differences of the people that show up. One is like a whole family event where the kids and everyone goes too.. the other is a bunch of roasties and Trudeau somewhere in there like "Wheres Waldo" in a pink hat. Sad state of affairs.

at the yellow vests still kicking by the way?
I shouldn't have yelled at you... I just didn't like the insinuation I perceived to be there.

All newpapers say several thousands of people, way below what the protesters claim but still, there were much more than in the picture

So wait, Hinds is actually engaged?

Attached: 1527616465045.jpg (350x339, 22K)

Engaged to celibacy LMOA got em

Attached: 1547999139752.jpg (208x206, 10K)

Yes. I'll be married within the year.
nice digits.

Congrats, my man. Promise me you'll stop coming to the chans if you ever become a parent tho.

Attached: 1533938077825.png (165x181, 55K)

Thanks and congratulations

I get it know
Var has been a parent for a week

Attached: réfléchir 06.png (720x700, 340K)

Just want him back lads.

Attached: 1537485409168.jpg (377x500, 101K)

yeah if I'm a parent, I'll probably be WAY too busy.
Thanks. Its actually been quite stressful setting it up.

Yall listen here; Them wedding will run you higher than a cats ass if you don't watch out. If everyone will let you, just do the whole thing at a house and have some family cook all the food. There are merchants out there that want to charge you thousands for the components of this one event. I'm actually doing mine on a budget so don't worry.. but I wanted to warn yall. motherfuckers aint playin around with pricing.

I hope he wasn't kidnapped.

Just tried Korean food
HOLY FUCK THAT WAS DISGUSTIMG

>asian food
missing me with that gay shit

btw if you go to abortion marches on either side you're objectively stupid, find something better to do

but what about the babbies
who will think of the babbies

Attached: Babby.jpg (521x521, 52K)

>yes goyim dont share your opinions

Attached: 1530640570975.jpg (500x581, 37K)

just make new ones

Attached: 9F4A05826758ACA9B.jpg (327x300, 63K)

>yes goyim give me your opinions and personal information

Attached: juden (88).png (278x669, 332K)

correct

Its ok to have opinions, just don't put them on *eddit or facebox.

Attached: frag3.png (1508x892, 171K)

>no goyim pls make a free account
>see what your friends are up to
>view some ads
>download our app
>let us into your personal communication device

Attached: juden (56).png (1375x1279, 154K)

>i didn't like the insinuation
ye, that was more than rude of me. sorry bud

>having either

also use buster, shits amazing, works on mobile too

The best pepe is the Posion Dart Pepe. He can be so based he can kill you

Attached: posion dart pepe.png (436x436, 87K)

>buster
isnt that a boat app?
gosh, you're really talking me into it fren.

addons.mozilla.org/fi/firefox/addon/buster-captcha-solver/

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/buster-captcha-solver-for/mpbjkejclgfgadiemmefgebjfooflfhl

The best pepe is Dunmer Pepe. He's a loyal follower of the tribunal and wants n'wah off his island because he's a nationalist.

Attached: 1495833681617.png (1280x731, 272K)

I think not

Attached: deadly based.png (1000x1000, 149K)

>grr supporting things
fuck off

@100422805
l o w t i e r

Attached: 1404679851513.jpg (420x525, 144K)

>He's a loyal follower of the tribunal
that's clearly an ashlander

he is on a pilgrimage to the ghostgate s'wit

Attached: 1499602274918.jpg (400x390, 29K)

seethe harder tribunal shill
we /daedraworshippers/ nao

>grr I'm an overpoliticized zoomer and I have strong opinions about babies that I'm going to go outside and shout about with a bunch of old ladies

Attached: 2.jpg (450x532, 62K)

>zoomer
i identify as a yoomer you fucking cretin

Attached: 1544496372843.jpg (477x479, 20K)