Why do we still have time zones in the 21st century?

why do we still have time zones in the 21st century?
there is literally no point anymore. We should all adopt the same time zone. That would be less confusing.

Attached: map.1547301600.png (960x550, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_State
youtube.com/watch?v=84aWtseb2-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nigger.

That would technically work, but you still have to think every-time whether the person you wanna talk on the phone is awake or at work right now.
Just read some stuff about the Chinese Unified Time Zone.

you now have to go to sleep 4:00 and wake up 13:00. what part of that makes more sense than just turning the clock? the adjustment is exactly the same, but now you have a funky time system bonus. it's double the mind fuck. the current way is shit, but it simpler

No. Fuck you. that is literally commie

The fact that all of China is one time zone already triggers my 'tism, nevermind the whole world.

>you now have to go to sleep 4:00 and wake up 13:00
i don't see the problem. You would get used to that in ~ a week or two

>what part of that makes more sense than just turning the clock?
confusing policies like daylight savings time which differ in every country make international business much more confusing and tiresome

>that is literally commie
how is that communist?
is "commie" your knee-jerk reaction to the word "international"?

I agree with you that daylight savings time is retarded and should be phased out. But I still don't like the idea of one global time zone.

>But I still don't like the idea of one global time zone.
okay
can you justify this gut feeling?

>but you still have to think every-time whether the person you wanna talk on the phone is awake or at work right now.
you always have to think about that even if you're in the same time zone

>confusing policies like daylight savings
Isn't the EU considering to abolish it at least here though? Sounded like the only good policy, they came up with in recent years.

For all of human history notions of time have been linked to the sun (however imperfectly). It somehow seems wrong to have "noon" mean different things in different parts of the world. I know I am not wording this well, let me get back to you.

>i don't see the problem. You would get used to that in ~ a week or two
while you can get used to the system we have right now in a day or two
>confusing policies like daylight savings time which differ in every country make international business much more confusing and tiresome
no it don't. dst only counts for an hour or two. and everyone in real business has a fairly good idea about what time it is everywhere in the world so this is a non-issue that has been adapted to for since forever.

your idea is shit

How can you compare it to something within the current time zones? If such a Global Time Zone is established, it will become more confusing to call someone in Melbourne from the Hague f.e.; meaning there will be local rules made according to this time nevertheless, that have to be considered.

this

based

>Sounded like the only good policy, they came up with in recent years.
what about scrapping roaming charges?

>no it don't. dst only counts for an hour or two.
missing an important business call or businiess meeting by 2 hours is detrimental
>everyone in real business
not sure what you mean when you make a distinction between "real" business and 'fake business' (?), but
business should be as accessible to entrepreneurs as possible. That's a hallmark of a good, productive society.

still I feel like people can get used to it in a matter of weeks. To westeners, people in western china have really odd timezones and they get by perfectly fine.

yeah.. and now we're bickering with the finns and the baltic bros over whether it should be the "summer" time or the "winter" time which we adopt. this is fucking stupid

i mean: anyone who has ever done business internationally has already been adjusted to the differences. if you create more by switching to one uniform time, you'll be creating problems where they didn't exist.

stop trying to fix something that works already ffs

>roaming charges
Yeah, maybe. Its just that EU-fanatics always use this as a lame excuse for every fuckup from Brussels, that it still leaves some bitterness.
Don't know why they could not have left it with simply abolishing it and making some inner-EU-standard on the winter or summer time tbqh. Don't think that the majority of EU-cunts would have seriously opposed such kind of a unifying measure.

yeah i think there's an unanimous agreement in europe this system is ridiculous, but there's too much bureaucracy involved to get us the regular people a normal situation

>Belarus +3
gee I wonder why

>Yeah, maybe. Its just that EU-fanatics always use this as a lame excuse for every fuckup from Brussels, that it still leaves some bitterness.
I'm neither a EU fanatic nor very discontent with the EU. It's currently too powerful to be insignificant and not powerful enough to make efficient decisions. (most notoriously intra european military cooperation is a joke atm). The most important benefit of the EU is the intergovernmental transparency it brings and the peace that comes with that (though ironically the EU government is anything but tranparent.

Seriously is Belarus even trying to be an independent country?

>That would technically work, but you still have to think every-time whether the person you wanna talk on the phone is awake or at work right now.

You have a sartphone which goes to unbelievable lengths to make sure it knows whether their owner is sitting on the couch or taking a shit.
Just display local time next to the contact and you're done.

If it sounds to you as just doing the same thing time zones do, then you're wrong.
This "local time" would be a simple function of the langitude and longitude. The whole problem with time-zones today isn't their existence per se (at least not for the tech world), but rather how arbitrary and politics-driven they fucking are.
Abolish that in favor of 1 unified time + one local time all the clocks and devices can calculate by themselves.
Tech world is happy because it can do away with massive dumps of code dedicated to figuring out how to not cause WW3 over this bullshit.
Regular people are happy because the time actually becomes meaningul again. Sun is at its highest at 12:00, if I call someone when it shows his local time is 4:00 he's gonna hate me.
Even analog clocks would keep working just as they have always been, you simply wouldn't use them to check what time your favorite anime airs at.

I could see a slight issue with time-specific television programming (since they could no longer run show precisely XY minutes before kids go to school), but >TV >2019+

Haven't really meant you personally, but its kinda a stereotypical thing on social media or journals, same as the answer to the question: "Q: What are the profits of multiculturalism? A: Varieties of Food".

I really wish I could rather naively go back to think positively or at least neutrally of the EU, but I simply can't, sorry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_State
no

they are still too pussy to shut off putin hotline

>Haven't really meant you personally
Oh yeah, I just wanted to let you know where I'm standing before giving my insights you didn't even ask for lol

>but its kinda a stereotypical thing on social media or journals, same as the answer to the question: "Q: What are the profits of multiculturalism? A: Varieties of Food".
yeah I agree kek

>I really wish I could rather naively go back to think positively or at least neutrally of the EU, but I simply can't, sorry.
Just try to appreciate the fact that it (in part) brought stability and peace to the continent.

because

Attached: SolarTimeVsStandardTimeV2.png (6000x3800, 3.4M)

I know what you are trying to say but I don't know how that's a problem

Let's see if we can first get rid of the insane craziness called daylight savings.

To this day I'm still yet to figure out how does the day get any longer by doing the clock fuckery.

youtube.com/watch?v=84aWtseb2-4

The thing is that it doesn't make any difference here because winters are totally dark and in summer sun never sets.

indeed, that's why Iceland doesn't follow DST anymore

It feels like I'm in the wrong time zone

Man, Chile really missed an opportunity to land right in the middle of a timezone, but they had to land on the border of two.

Do it again!

Attached: 7CUOSqY (1).jpg (1776x1332, 278K)

>UTC+00:20 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +00:20. UTC+00:20 was used in the Netherlands from 1 May 1909 to 16 May 1940. It was known as Amsterdam Time or Dutch Time.
The fuck