Is nursing a good field to get into?

Is nursing a good field to get into?

Attached: Nursing.jpg (600x400, 51K)

You're going to have to love it. Insane hours, situations can be anywhere from painfully mundane to very disturbing so you should have a strong constitution. Pay is decent. If you don't already you will likely adopt a sicker sense of humor as you become very desensitized. That being said the nurses I know are some of the most fun people in my life, but again you're going to have to love it or you'll likely dip real quick.

I'd recommend looking into Obstetrician/Gynecology. Almost exclusively working with mothers, you get to help bring their child into the world which is a much happier moment for most than your typical doctor visit. Though you will deal with dead babies from time to time which is the polar opposite emotion.

I finished half of nursing school before I said fuck it. Most of the people were there for good reasons, like my mom got cancer, etc. I was there because I thought it would be good money.

All I can say is that don't do it for the money and you have to really want to do it.

Also I didn't realize how bad bed sores can get. Like ice cream scooper to the spine bad. Worst situation I saw was this guy with spinal cancer that was terminal. He was curled up into a pretzel as the cancer light up the nerves in his spine like a christmas tree. Horrible.

If you are a Sadomasochist who likes a shit pay and literal shit, go for it

>shit pay
Averaging starting pay of a new nurse straight out of school at $26/hour is shit pay?
>literal shit
That's what PCAs are for (and wiping shit isn't difficult anyways)

In America? 100%. You can clear 100k with just your bachelor's. If you want to stay in a clinical setting, you can get your DNP and make 150k+. CRNAs and some NPs clear 200k doing shift work. Also, your entire field is 95% women, so everyone is going to drop out of the workforce for several years in their late 20s-30s. That makes you in the front of the line for promotions.

>Insane hours
You work three 12s or four 10s, unless you get overtime.

>three 12s or four 10s

That sounds great. Five day work weeks are awful

nurses are responsible for cleaning fluids like puke, shit, blood at hospitals. not cleaners

>nurses are responsible for cleaning fluids like puke, shit, blood at hospitals
No, RNs do routine procedures, give medicine, and oversee the poop cleaners.

If you're young or are expecting to be able bodied in the next 10-20 years, fucking absolutely. All the boomers are getting old and there's already a nursing shortage because lazy millennials don't want to do labor jobs.

Add to that this will be one of the few labor jobs where you will actually get paid a fuckton more for being white and you'll be making crazy cash if you don't mind playing the long game (10-20 years).

In the meantime can do something physio or nutrition related though h1bs are prominently taking those jobs as well.

you are going to be needed in the future so there is some leverage about your pay, especially if your a man. a friend of mine is working on what they call a 3/4 job and has a mini job where he gets 400€ for three additional shifts in the month. this way he makes more with less hours. the job can suck though, even if there are many fields you can work in. gotta be lucky fren

This. White RNs will be millionaires thanks to boomer cash when they get old.

Just be aware that you will probably need to do a year or two of shit cleaning to become a RN

Health sciences is not a field to get because you want money.
I work 100-150 hours a week.
I'm paid half the amount of a competent software/website developer.
I have to talk to a lot of people and organize a lot of shit.

Yes become a radiologist or anastheseologist nurse. Easiest 150k-200k youll ever make a year

This.Unlike other jobs, salaries are also going to go up significantly due to all the boomers retiring over the next 20 years.

Nurses also have a strong union. You can negotiate things like time and 1/2 for overnight shifts or not overnight at all.

Here is an example

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 5.13.05 PM.png (1218x1336, 225K)

Guess it also depends on your position. My friend who's a nurse (management) works five 8s. Seems like damn good pay though.

>mfw I diarrhea pooped into a thing and a nurse had to come collect it

Attached: 1521565997478.jpg (480x640, 174K)

>tfw starting my nursing career at a nonunion hospital
At least it's in the OR

One bump for what's probably the most productive thread on Jow Forums right now

got into nursing before and apparently i hate taking care of old people so much that i can't stand the job

I have recently had my finger up the ass of a 64 year old homeless Aids nigger in order to clear a fecal impaction the size of a softball. It took me 20 minutes scooping one finger full of shit at a time. I make decent money 40 an hour.. but.. is there any amount of money worth that?

Attached: tumblr_ncvt7sELcK1rhaxyho1_500.gif (480x360, 990K)

Nurse here, shitpay in france, in burgerland it seems better nonetheless.
You need to love your job no doubt.
There are a lot of differences between hospitals / units / teamwork so if you like it you can never be bored if you want.
I really like cardiology (less shit, pee, more blood and high hygienic technics)
Currently applying in switzerland (2x less work = better work with patients 3x pay)
Absolutely love working 12 hours : every month I take 10-12 days off

JUST

nursing and nursing assistant jobs pay is decent i guess, but you have to be in this field because you really enjoy helping people. you won't like it and neither will your patients if you treat it like just "another job".

you have to be really caring, compassionate person in order to survive in this field

much respect for people in this field!

Nurse here. All the basics have been covered above. If you possess the traits described, it's one of the best career picks you can make. This is one of the most automation resistant careers out there, so it's a great long term play. Lots of ways to max your pay, you just have to go in with a plan.

Attached: 5730503683_03dfe5a056_z.jpg (600x290, 90K)

Hospital security guard here. Working in a hospital is an emotional rollercoaster for sure user. I can share stories you people wouldn't even believe... no joke.

at least you dont have to asswipe

Cuckboys taking orders from alpha doctors all day

i've seen it all... piss, shit, puke, blood, puss, everything. You've clearly never worked on an ER before user. Allcohol and drug intoxications, psychiatric patients, those are the worst. They enter a fight or flight mode and can't be reasoned with. When confronted with their behaviour afterwards, most of them experience levels of shame you can't even comprehend.

Story time pls

>shit hours
>shit tier in hospital hierarchy
>shit pay
>develop inferiority complex in a month
>suicidal
Nurses are just people who are too stupid/poor to become doctors. Then you at least have enough money to drink yourself to death.

Attached: mpc-be64_2018-06-02_16-50-47.jpg (646x481, 55K)

can't and won't. Bound by Confidentiality agreement user, sorry. What happens inside a hospital stays inside the hospital... it's a world apart.

>translation: "Im a faggot larper"

lol no you're not. you just cant say a name

>t. Third worlder
Midlevel practitioners tmake really good $ in America at a young age and can use their 150k+ salary at 26 to purchase a business from a retiring boomer by the time most docs begin to pay off their debt.

I'm a professional, but a basement dwelling neet just wouldn't understand.

use your imagination then... fysical violence, verbal violence, self harm, theft, sabotage, resuscitations, first aid, traffic accidents, geriatric patients suffering from deliriums, all sorts of suspecious activities, etc, etc. Hospitals are huge places with even bigger flows of people and goods.

Again, it's a strict personal rule of mine to not go into specifics about work related stuff. No disrespect intended, but you simply don't udnerstand because you've never worked in a hospital before.

All these posts are almost exclusively about working in a hospital. There are other types of nursing jobs too. Public health nurses work in local health departments, and work a more regular schedule. Some nurses work in private practice offices and don't deal with the patients spending time in hospitals. Other nurses go abroad and work in developing countries, some nurses even do disease investigations. At the end of the day if you become an RN you will have options in the future.

the only benefit is easy access to asian girls, at least where I live its pretty much their go to career

Anyone know what firefighter competition is like in California? Thinking of moving there hoping to get a good start.

That is a government job, every county and city probably have it online.

Lolz at the delusion here. Wish I went in nursing to be ER. Nurses start with 50k/year easy, and none of the larp bs of 'I aleady make 100k'

They have TECHS that clean shit up.
- Someone that worked in a hospital

Lolzzz...what a bunch of fucking larp. You are on an user message board, no fucking way HIPA or any of that could or would track you down.

If you WORKED in the field you would know no one gives a fuck about that, and everyone literally spills those stories all day long when off work.

it's the only field left to get into that pays enough to actually own a house and start a family on that doesn't require the IQ of a rocket scientist.

What jobs even with that iq pay?

Great pay, but hardly any free time to enjoy it.

honestly IQ doesn't mean much anymore. all you really need is to either go into low level healthcare or if you want to go the college route and shoot for the moon and become a doctor you can do that if you can come up with the money for it. doctors actually aren't that smart they are just thoroughly trained in human anatomy.

I'm a RN and I would say that there's easier ways to make a living. The money is middle class tier but you work your ass off for it. You can easily just go to school for something else like x-ray tech or hvac and make decent money.

I like my job but people who get into it for only the money need to thing things through because there's easier professions that makes more money.

people that glamorize outdoor work have never done any. just imagine going to work on the surface of the sun and having to work all day with normie tier chads hair trigger tempers. you'll go running back to that air conditioned nursing home faster than rabbit gets fucked.

Or an MBA and move into admin

This, have fun cleaning bed pans, my ex was a nurse and literally had to clean old men’s dicks when giving them “bed baths” Kek.

Get your DNP or

Fuck really want to move to cali, I live in NYC and make $48/hour. Can't image the cost of living on the west coast where hospitals have to pay $72/hr daytime starting wage.

yea but the cost of living in CA is probably even higher than NYC so it probably ends up being the same. i hear even mcdonalds out there pays like $18 an hour in LA.

McDonals pay I think $15/hr here, I don't keep track of wages outside of nursing so I could be wrong.

Anyhow a career isn't a job. It should be something you can imagine yourself doing for 20-40 years so don't focus solely on the money. A large amount of people leave the profession within 5 years.

kinda makes me want to go out to LA and work at mcdonalds and just live in my van for like a year or 2. then come back to the south and live like a king on what i made.

>doctors actually aren't that smart they are just thoroughly trained in human anatomy.
They really need to teach critical thinking skills more in med school

Looks like there's a lot of places to potentially go with nursing, nice