Name 1 thing they contributed to humanity

Name 1 thing they contributed to humanity

Attached: iceland flag.png (2000x1440, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Ryberg_Finsen
youtube.com/watch?v=wHuXpWSNa-8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indigenous_Australian_musicians
youtu.be/lrMlWeR_mzc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Bangladeshi_inventions
ekuriren.se/strangnas/i-dag-vacks-atal-i-domkyrkokuppen-folj-oss-live-fran-polishuset-i-stockholm/
youtube.com/watch?v=-ADlv6kKTio
youtube.com/watch?v=Sqbv7cCM5AI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

QTs

Parliamentary democracy.

>Niels Ryberg Finsen (15 December 1860 – 24 September 1904) was a Faroese physician and scientist of Icelandic descent. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology in 1903 "in recognition of his contribution to the treatment of diseases, especially lupus vulgaris, with concentrated light radiation, whereby he has opened a new avenue for medical science."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Ryberg_Finsen

Attached: Nobel Prizes by countries.png (1381x1599, 195K)

Superior Mediterraneans did that
>The first parliaments date back to Europe in the Middle Ages, specifically in 1188 Alfonso IX, King of Leon (Spain) convened the three states in the Cortes of León.

>1180
Try 980

>The Alþingi (parliament (Icelandic) and anglicised as Althingi or Althing) is the national parliament of Iceland. It is the oldest parliament in the world.[1][2] The Althing was founded in 930

They didn't do anything good but at least they didn't do anything bad, unlike America
They are neutral

So even Faroe Islands contributed more. Amazing.

>Of Icelandic descent

By that logic Europeans can take credit for all American and Australian inventions

youtube.com/watch?v=wHuXpWSNa-8

>His father born in Iceland
>Mother from Faroe island
>Born in Faroe
>Died in Denmark

Why doesn't Denmark just absorb these countries?

t. danskjävel

No?

Attached: Pepe Rat.png (200x164, 43K)

Jooo, din söta lilla mus :D

rotten shark

Attached: hakarl.jpg (1200x900, 251K)

Käften hora

björk

Attached: Bjork-Post.jpg (1500x1500, 637K)

Not being American.

Sigur Ròs

>implying shitty food and music count
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indigenous_Australian_musicians
So even abbos have contributions after all.

still more than american music

pure breed viking women

youtu.be/lrMlWeR_mzc
How does that make you feel?

Wrong, they're heavily mixed.

since when?

please, the only people better than us music wise is the U.K

Only 70% Norse ancestry. The British occupation certainly didn't help given their slutty women.

No we can't

Elak :(

>Genetic evidence suggests that approximately 62% of the Icelandic maternal gene pool is derived from Ireland and Scotland, which is much higher than other Scandinavian countries, although comparable to the Faroese, while 37% is of Nordic origin.
Le 37% face

hardfisk, which I personally enjoy quite a lot.

For comparison, here are Bangladeshi contributions (not rotten fish and shitty musicians):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Bangladeshi_inventions

Snorre Sturlasson, the greatest medieval norse writer, wrote "Kongsspeilet" - a work detailing the lives of Norwegian kings in the 12th and 13th centuries. Sturlasson was Icelandic.
Without Kongsspeilet we would have a harder time rebuilding our nation in the 1800s than we did...
Norway owes Iceland alot.

LMAO viking meme btfo, even eastern England has higher rates of norse genes

Fucking this. The other nordics have no idea just how important medieval Icelandic literature was for Norway, but it's not their fault really.

This.

I think Iceland's geography is beautiful and it's one of those places I'd like to visit for at least a month. Too bad their economy depends on tourism and everything is expensive as fuck, plus in the recent years it's become more popular to go there.

>They didn't do anything good
>cod wars

>selflessly sacrificed 50% of its population by making volcanic shamans cause Laki to erupt, thus kickstarting the French Revolution by taking a big volcanic crap over almost all of Europe

You're welcome

Attached: 1492214424892.jpg (1270x1442, 168K)

Arctic trucks
Formula offroad/torfæra
Brennivin
I like Iceland.

I want to make sure I've thanked you. Old Snorri's works, most particularily Kongsspeilet, did invaluable things for Norway when we rebuilt ourselves in the 1800s. Seriously, you're valuable unlike what OP thinks

eve online i guess

Love

They invented my name I think and that's the reason my asshole boomer dad gave it to me cause he likes Norse sagas

weird family names. don't they do the whole anonsdottir shenanigans?

EVE Online

All Scandi countries used to have that

Having a parliament doesn't make your regime democratic. Parliamentaries aren't necessarily democratically elected.

We also used some of your works like Gamli Sáttmáli
Jón Forseti in particular used the aforementioned multiple times as an arguments in his battle for the independence of Iceland, so we're even

and why did you change that? seems pretty cool, and you should hang onto your culture. although i heard you can't even protect your most prestigious royal crown

Gamli Sáttmáli was the agreement between the Norwegian king and the Icelandic chieftains for when Iceland became part of Norway in ~1260, right? Am I remembering correctly? Rusty as hell

i've been playing crusader kings 2 recently. i started out as a chief in iceland and now i control most of scandinavia. now i need to conquer denmark in a great holy war so i can become the Emperor of Scandinavia

>nd why did you change that?
Our countries grew larger and new family names emerged. It has nothing to do with changing our culture, it's simply the difference between Johnson and Buckingsworth or whatever. Examples in Nordic would be Eriksson vs Bergsholm, Asklund, Sköldberg, etc. The most common last name in Sweden is still Andersson, in Norway it's also a -sen ending name.

>most prestigeous royal crown
Do you mean the strängnäs jewels that were stolen? They aren't our crown jewels. They belonged to some member of the royal family like 400 years ago, but I get the point. Although in our defense I would say that protecting the royal family from marrying a ghetto American woman is more important than protecting the jewels of a minor princess who's long dead and buried :^)

>although i heard you can't even protect your most prestigious royal crown

>and why did you change that?

Because when 50000 guys have the same name(E.g Olaf Olafsson) you need to start writing their occupations in the telephone book next to their name and even that won't help because some of them will even have the same job.

Yeah

When Denmark abolished its absolute monarchy somewhere in the mid 19th century, Jón saw it as an opportunity to begin the battle for Iceland's independence
He claimed that after the abolition of the absolute monarchy Iceland had become an independent nation like it was before Gamli Sáttmáli was put in place

pls no bully

>Although in our defense I would say that protecting the royal family from marrying a ghetto American woman is more important than protecting the jewels of a minor princess who's long dead and buried :^)

Attached: 1547208241977.jpg (433x419, 30K)

>Although in our defense I would say that protecting the royal family from marrying a ghetto American woman is more important than protecting the jewels of a minor princess who's long dead and buried
probably true. it's the only exception where the public should approve of intolerance, he should marry a princess of someone from a royal family from europe, hell, if he married some princess from africa it would've been less bad than an american.

i thought you guys were more crazy about your crown, like we kind of are with the royal crown. or the way the hungarians are absolutely mad about their byzantine-roman crown

Alright. Smart man!
Glad it worked out for you in the end.

>i thought you guys were more crazy about your crown
Well, we are. It become a massive scandal when they were stolen. The thugs pulled it off quite smoothly, by boat. The man who arranged it all was arrested last week, they finally found him. He was Swedish by the way, most people seemed to think he wouldn't be. The people who he hired to steal were probably immigrants though.

ekuriren.se/strangnas/i-dag-vacks-atal-i-domkyrkokuppen-folj-oss-live-fran-polishuset-i-stockholm/

Yeah

Too bad the Eternal D*Ne ignored the pleas of the righteous THVLEAN people and forced us to use underhanded tactics to obtain independence

>He was Swedish by the way, most people seemed to think he wouldn't be
that's even worse! further proof of swedish cuckery

Maybe he was just an anti-royalist or something lol

people say nationalism is just racism and all that, but even the biggest criminal degenerate neo-nazi wouldn't steal his country's royal crown or any other key artefacts

Like half of our nationalists don't even support the current royal family due to them wanting the old line of Vasa back

>even the biggest criminal degenerate neo-nazi wouldn't steal his country's royal crown or any other key artefacts

No, they just steal the art and crowns of other countries instead.

>León
Not mediterranean.
>Las cortes
Not democratic.

blood is viewed differently here than over there, mutt

>mutt calling others mutts

Bjork, who was great in Lars Von Trier's 2000 masterpiece Dancer in the Dark

Based strongmen ofcourse

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=-ADlv6kKTio

For me it's good enough.

oldest parliament in the world, strongest strongmen and bjork

So I decided to see what all this fuzz about Björk is
this is the song I listened to. Wtf? It's shit. It's pure shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sqbv7cCM5AI

>Niels Ryberg Finsen
he was faroese
>It is the oldest parliament in the world.
no, the faroese is.

Nordic people

Attached: 1548030378502.jpg (800x450, 42K)

no bulli
they're great people and worthy only of love

Also, they are typically referred to as 'Americanized' post-Danish Kingdom, you shouldn't insult your friends like this.

Based. Icelandics contributed absolutely nothing that they have to steal a smaller island's accomplishments. Sad.

two memes

Þungur hnífur
thin hair chin man

both epic memes from ylilauta of icelandic origin

See

Why yes, i play as navarra and all the iberian peninsula is basque and pagan, why do you ask?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-15-16-16-45.png (720x1280, 495K)

Attached: THCm.jpg (159x160, 5K)

have you heard about Haraldur Jón Hannesson? our lord and saviour?

do you know about the chin?

Attached: Le Thin Hair Crystalman.jpg (601x600, 44K)

THCman

Attached: Thin Hair Brown Man.jpg (200x200, 8K)

>well, as a faroese i say BLABLABLABLA

Hmph

Attached: Norden.png (2598x896, 256K)

Edda + sögur
t. veit

where are the lapps

Attached: Final Fennoscandia.png (4170x828, 157K)

S-svara m-m-mig

don't you ever forget iceland again

sorry