/smg/ - Stock Market General Thread

Elon Musk is initiating the TESLA pump protocol.

Popular brokers for stock trading:

Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx
money.cnn.com/data/premarket/
cnbc.com/pre-markets/

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Fox Business Live:
livenewson.com/business/fox-business-network-fbn.html
Bloomberg Live:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous Bread
>

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-opens-model-3-invites-all-remaining-reservation-holders/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=53547439
youtube.com/watch?v=lrS0rxX-UhA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-opens-model-3-invites-all-remaining-reservation-holders/?ftag=COS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=53547439

TSLA is going full pump.

Its nothing but motherfucking green

Attached: 1528488328479.png (646x700, 166K)

PLEASE SOMEONE FIX THE OP

It is AmeritRade not Ameritade ffs

and interactive brokers is $0.005 per share, $1 minimum, 1% maximum

Attached: GREEN_AS_FUCK.jpg (730x783, 211K)

surely it will get fixed next time around

Please never fix this

i may go all in tesla calls tomorrow.

talk me out of this

Lmao RIP if you buy TSLA at this double top. This shit will be 90% down by next year.

Sorry about HMNY, goyim. This upcoming reverse split fucked up my estimations. I don't know how much they're going to consolidate by, but what you're going to want to do is buy in at the current equivalent of $0.03. So if they consolidate by 7 buy at $0.21, etc.

Attached: Oy vey.jpg (366x464, 38K)

Commie bullshit Gold tanking like a little doomsday bitch

Attached: Shampoo.png (412x526, 138K)

down 100% because Tesla will BK by Sept screencap this post

Attached: 8B913DD7-97B6-4C20-A7E2-05152C741553.jpg (350x270, 25K)

just coming back to tell you all that you should have listened. tomorrow won't be the end as bad as it may be. please don't let the golden bull meme ruin your shit in the coming dump. have a plan to get through it and then resume your golden dreams

Why was yesterday sideways/slightly up?

HOW VAGUE AND FOREBODING

Golden bull for life, dont fall for the FUD like Teh Profit

>cron
Getting a 5 year exclusive deal into Poland

Worth the pump?

REMINDER TO ALWAYS DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT EXPERTS TELL YOU

holy shit so many new and different websites are now recommending IQ. this stock is the news machine of stocks.

Attached: 1529068603961.png (1410x1198, 2.46M)

i didnt "fall" for any FUD.
so far everything ive said has happened. if we see vol continue to increase this week, then im right

what are the experts telling us?

Just like the banks this morning
Chinks dump before the pump
Chinks, I worry not for you because this is the bottom for the index

Attached: yumc.png (442x376, 186K)

>holy shit so many new and different websites are now recommending IQ. this stock is the news machine of stocks.
This isn't a normal shitpost or meant to be a flame.

What's your YTD%?

you sold your equity
Its time to face the Brazen Bull

Attached: opinion.png (430x292, 103K)

just about to go positive from the massive fuckup i had in febuary that nearly totalled my account (i got short vol'd hard for like half m account because i was retarded). ive never said im anything other than a newbie.

ive been making much more since i sold my equities. that was what was dragging me down. these last two weeks have given me solid 10% weeks

Okay was an honest Q. Was wondering if some crazy high end trader was in the thread. Hope you guys don't take shitposting seriously.

TRXC or IQ tomorrow?

Attached: ss3d_Ragdoll.gif (528x242, 1.47M)

Interactive brokers charges you like 100$+ a month for live data. If you want stocks data you need to pay 30$+. Options data 30$+. Futures data 30$+. Commodities data 30$+. Even bitcoin futures... Interactive brokers is not cheap unless you trade more than once a day.

>2 weeks out of 30 years
I smell a total loss on your horizon
10% in a week is not healthy growth, its gambling toer
I reccomend you sell that junk and go with FONE

Attached: 1508631106158.png (780x560, 460K)

this is not a time when i wanted to be right. i might buy when we get back to feb lows but honestly we'll probably drop through them if we get there a third time. on the s&p that is. the dow is already there

bumping this topic

RATSU

truly pathetic

Attached: 0-O6cW6XAW0L8zoBBp..jpg (960x720, 139K)

>Was wondering if some crazy high end trader was in the thread
no i am thoroughly retail scum. i just also happen to think im right this time
>Hope you guys don't take shitposting seriously
lol i dont
but i DO like arguing w people about this stuff, as i never get to even talk about this stiff irl

ill be ok nikkei dont worry
total losses happen occasionally options, but usually only if youre OTM and with no time.

the way i use options is not what youd expect desu. i almost NEVER go OTM (and ive given up on retarded ER plays for good). i basically just use like 1-2 year contracts as a sub in for having actual equity. w the long contracts, theta is negligible especially when ITM

the real turnaround for me recently has been starting to analyze futures and futures spreads

TRXC nice and slow

Attached: ds2 eye.gif (500x240, 1000K)

i understand you have a 50 year timeline but anyone else should probably take this seriously. i'm usually down with the golden bull but not this time

Good larp attempt, but no cigar
Im talking short term

I've never had to weather a crash before. I've tried to diversify my stocks (ignore AMD it's a meme)
how hard am I looking to get it when shit really hits the fan?

Attached: 2018-06-26-221433_301x789_scrot.png (301x789, 47K)

so your thesis is that in the short term everything moons? ok that's easy enough to test. good luck

Correct sir. Chink Stock market just hit bottom
Nikkei Im not calling bottom
Americans going up the rest of the week
blah blah blah take notes

Attached: 1522556307867.jpg (531x717, 298K)

i don't think we're looking at a crash at least as i define it (crash into a bull market). we're looking at a heavy pullback at least on par with feb. it will be uncomfortable but have a plan. even if it's doing nothing. as long as it's a decision and not panic

UVXY options, here i come!

Attached: 1473740019628.jpg (1280x630, 52K)

my plan is "buy calls on banks and commodities and if I actually profit, buy gold, banks, high-div-yield stocks, and blue chips"
truth be told I don't know what else to do. I don't know enough to profit off a crash/pullback using puts because I don't know how to properly predict when shit's going to go down, so the best I can do is buy options which are way far out and hope for the best

do you think in the event that we start crashing, that oil prices rising might allow the DOW to outperform? im thinking if i want to buy any dips, they will be in the energy and industrial sectors

>SRC
ma nigga
theyve been doing great lately
so glad i was able to pick them up under 8 again.

but youll probably be ok
consumers/div aristocrats are where you wanna be in the event of a crash. if youre super scared and everything is crashing you can also unironically buy TVIX or a UVXY call to take the edge off a little.

another god hedge (imo) is to just buy one ITM put on whatever index youre heavy in

>the best I can do is buy options which are way far out and hope for the best
no you got it
this is the ONLY way to play long options.
if you cant pick which one in particular is gonna fall, just buy a put on an index. just ALWAYS give yourself WAY too much time

yeah it's entirely possible that oil will go through the roof and crash the market with no survivors but i don't think it's likely. but yeah, if shit gets too out of hand oil will moon and the market will crater

PUMPED

Attached: charge.png (425x289, 184K)

>oil
>dow
theres like 2 oil companies in the dow mang. the rest is shit like american express, nike and apple.

IB's target market is not the occasional trader.

AMD is fucked. Bitcoin and shitcoin mining is dead, now trump is gonna go hard on all chinese investments. Chip manufacturers that depend on bitcoin and shitcoin mining will survive the next quarter due to the high backlog. Next January this shit chip makers will go back down to 2.5$.

I can't afford a put on SPY, but I can afford an ITM put on QQQ.
Good idea?

I have faith in AMD and its burgeoning server processors

by the way I studied physics as an undergrad and did my thesis on black hole physics so HMU if you have any questions for your stories.

I'm not an expert, but I think that guy is feeding you bullshit. Long-term puts on an index seems like a horrible idea.

If you can barely afford a put, my advice is to not play options at all.

I would think so too but there's definitely something a'brewing and I just want to hedge my bets

I should rephrase. I have the purchasing power for a QQQ put but not a SPY put.

Yeah I do actually because I have no education

the most important thing I would like to know is:
Can you potentially have a blackhole seen from a planet like you would the sun?
Like the stars and planets closest to the center of the galaxy, can you see them from the planets surrounding?

Attached: 410e8fc8-53e6-4ccc-8106-cd57efcf9a69-largeImage.jpg (1024x683, 328K)

here's the thing. for a lot of people especially newer, building up cash is the safest and most understandable "put"

i'm not even saying you should sell what you've got. just build cash and use it like an option to buy low. and if it doesn't happen, you can't lose, cause once the trend goes back to solid you can always find something to buy. there's always opportunity

good question, id like to know as well

no, a black hole can not be directly observed, only from its interactions with that which surrounds it can it be observed

a black hole of sufficient magnitude will have an extremely bright accretion disk surrounding its event horizon, making it appear like a star, however this is still not the black hole itself.

>yeah it's entirely possible that oil will go through the roof and crash the market
this is what ive been expecting to happen. but i think its more likely just heavy demand thats allowing oil to rise while the dollar is

oh fuck urself
he asked what to do to hedge exposure to main indexes. im not gonna tell him to buy the 3 day ones. besides long term options move far slower

a lot of the industrials seem to get hit with oil price fluctuations. and oil will crash with the DOW sometimes

if you cant afford it, dont play options. if things are really crashing you can buy some TVIX and do basically the same thing you would by buying a UVXY call

Oil is at 71. The max it can go up to this cycle is 75-80 based on a multi year trend line resistance. It has gas for a little more rally, but hardly enough to influence the market

I would actually bet that the coming market downturn will coincide perfectly with oils decline back to the 50s. I'm waiting for it

but if you were on a planet in the center on the glaxy orbiting the black hole very closely, would it appear like an Eclipsed Sun? Or is a sun too big? It would just look like a small star?

Been doing some thinking and a bit of theoretical math based on what I think they're going to do. Basically you're going to want to get in right around $0.25, AFTER the reverse split. They're going to try to push it up to around $2 to give themselves some breathing room from NASDAQ's $1 requirement, so something like a 9 or 10 per share consolidation, but that'll just make the bears push it down harder since it gives their current shorts much more room to grow while they add to it. You're welcome, goyim.

Attached: With jews you win.jpg (720x720, 92K)

>building up cash is the safest and most understandable "put"
yeah lol I figured that out REAL quick
I've sworn off putting any more money into the market for now and rebuild my savings*; what's in there is in there and I want to see what I can do with it. I just picked a phenomenally poor time to begin investing but it's invaluable experience nonetheless

*not saying I put my savings in the stock market, but all I saved to put into the market is in there now.

at the center of every galaxy is a cluster of supermassive black holes and one absolutely titanic black hole.
These are the types with the star-like accretion disks orbiting them.
You can see in this photo of the Andromeda galaxy that it does in fact look like a star.

However, you want to know what the bare black hole looks like to the naked eye. Again, this is impossible to know.
when a bare black hole eclipses something, a peculiar effect known as "gravitational lensing" occurs.
Essentially, whatever light is directly behind the black hole gets unrecognizably distorted and wrapped around the event horizon of the black hole, almost like how reflections get warped around the whirlpool in a sink drain, just in 3 dimensions.

forgot the photo ayy

Attached: 1200px-Andromeda_Galaxy_(with_h-alpha).jpg (1199x788, 391K)

im saying 80, perhaps a bit above. if i see it go on a tear, i know what that means. still saying that OPEC is gonna let the price stay at a higher level and this will allow energy sector to revive itself

and this is what gravitational lensing looks like, when a black hole passes in front of something.

Attached: Black_hole_lensing_web.gif (240x192, 714K)

blackhholes are so cool
I tried to teach myself math to understand but only got to calculus 1 before giving it up

Attached: 4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large.jpg (200x200, 16K)

Underrated post

how do you calculate such things moishe? im interested in what the maths behind this could be. i dont know how youd be able to tell desu

I want to see this in real life so bad

>calculus 1 before giving it up
calc is hard imo
you wanna have a good teacher (few and far between)

theoretical physics is not something you merely teach yourself tho

Calculus is fun, you should go try again, just take it slow.

Looks like a dent in your hood.

How much do you guys diversity? Do you go all in on one meme stock or do you have like 10?

>inb4 index investing

Boring and gay

>wanting to see an over-glorified dent
Just make a dent in some metal.

I just got tired of the repitiveness
I dont actually remember anything but last 2 year ago I got really into self teach math and it ended up being super repetitive about something like curves and it was the same equation everytime for the whole book

I have the Psychics books which were actually interesting but I cant understand it after a few chapters because calculus got too repetitive

everyone says this, but I actually cannot tell what is difficult about calc. Once you stop actually having to apply the derivative formula and get to the rules it's easy af. Even diff eqs were not bad desu, it was just memorization, tedious but easy.

I will

i took it in high school cuz i was in accelerated math, but kinda didnt bother paying attention because i knew i wasnt going to be studying physics after i left high school. not to mention how awful the teacher was at it. chick had no idea how to do any of it, and just taught us how to punch it into a graphing calculator. i feel like half the class was just memorizing keystrokes on those TI-82s. the way math is taught now is garbage

but my basic understanding of it was enough to understand options and derivatives, so it came in handy

yea calc never clicked with me because i had no practical application to like visualize it or anything. physics probably wouldve helped

the mechanics arent bad. its just anything past that and combining them all into new equations with the new functions. w out a proper teacher, youre kinda on your own desu

No actual trucker would drive that. Looks faggy as all hell l2marketing

2 at the moment, not sure what else to get.

Attached: cat drink.jpg (500x322, 85K)

Why is no one talking about GE today, major american company up 7%. Looks like it might be the second half of a double bottom, only time will tell.

because everyone got FUD'd and sold

Know about 2 die when everyone starts visiting you sweatysnæk.jpg

Attached: 20180626_220834.jpg (1402x2388, 711K)

>drive

why do people think the market is going to crash tomorrow, yeah its stumbling, but its not likely to fall tomorrow

c-commie
we're gonna go up and then we're gonna go to chillies!

Attached: 1514226084145.png (349x254, 90K)

That piece of shit HMNY dropped another 2.5% AH. It's really over, isn't it?

Attached: 1521765768481.png (808x805, 438K)

>first annual biz meetup
>hosted in front of RKG's tombstone

>last annual biz meetup

Attached: 52d17fa822f89d9b4c01ae80f60c05aeecb1f56626b44c12bfd2dfe6d53b1159.jpg (480x270, 22K)

small spec analysis that needs to be ignored and thrown in paper shredder

Bro I’ve been shilling GE here forever but kept getting called a faggot boomer. Guaranteed better return than any of the FANG stocks over the next 5 years. In 2 years GE will be on the cover of all the major financial mags, cap this

who else here short SONC at 35?

Attached: slush.png (420x204, 46K)

Why are these tech companies with P/E ratios in the 100s considered good at the price? Like look at amazon, they are priced in to 10x their earnings vs blue chip stocks that pay dividends. Do people really think amazon is going to become 10x more profitable in a reasonable time frame? Same thing with Netflix. Hell, TSLA is priced in to make double the amount of cash it is currently burning. How do these share prices make any sense?

ive been waiting for broker to execute buy order for GE stock when it was at like 12.55 two days ago. Now it moons and trade still hasn't executed. Im fucking heated but it was always going to be a long term hold anyway. I am a very beginner trader but I do take the buy low/sell high seriously. School house rock ftw

thats what i think is coming is more vol in the near term

supervoids are way cooler than black holes imo
its like that one episode of voyager
youtube.com/watch?v=lrS0rxX-UhA

Blackhole math wrong anyways ...!
The real architecture of gravity wells is something like a "fuzzball" where space just becomes nearly infinitely long and wraps around itself like 5 year old box of Christmas lights

Attached: 44c3cddfe169a57c3b7726f766071ab9.png (819x1280, 789K)

greed, new paradigm, etc etc